Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Fallout Amazon series (Page 1 of 35)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 35
Posted: 4/9/2024 12:52:06 PM EDT
Looks like all the other threads went to archive. Season drops tomorrow at 6pm PST. I'm sure it'll have some shit that annoys me, but I'm looking forward to checking it out.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mikhail_86:

havent met too many Hispanics have ya? It's not super uncommon for women to have dark hair above the lip. And she had tits, they are just small
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scalped:

A female with mustache and no tits!

Right on point there, amigo

havent met too many Hispanics have ya? It's not super uncommon for women to have dark hair above the lip. And she had tits, they are just small

Lmao

If it was supposed to be a latina stud they would've had that "Dane" character cuddlin' up with any/all female Aspirants on screen. It would've been shoved down our throats and half of us would claim those intimate sentiments were in the game series and the other half would say the opposite. The fact the producers of this show didn't show or even hint at any carpet munching leads mucho credence that "it" is a them.. on top of the other evidence that others have pointed out.

But, yeah, not going to waste any more time discussing this
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Lmao

If it was supposed to be a latina stud they would've had that "Dane" character cuddlin' up with any/all female Aspirants on screen. It would've been shoved down our throats and half of us would claim those intimate sentiments were in the game series and the other half would say the opposite. The fact the producers of this show didn't show or even hint at any carpet munching leads mucho credence that "it" is a them.. on top of the other evidence that others have pointed out.

View All Quotes

A female with mustache and no tits!

Right on point there, amigo

Lmao

lol dude. You’d be begging for ghoul snatch in real world fallout.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:56:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Watched the first couple of episodes, they are really getting things right so far.

For people who want to try the games, you can get 3, New Vegas, and 4, all game of the year editions, for $20.  Fallout 76 is free with Prime Gaming.

While 1, 2, 3, and NV introduce a lot of the lore in the world (like the 50’s futuristic alternate timeline part), Fallout 4 has the most advanced engine by far.

They had an entire team do nothing but model and program dogmeat, your pet dog and companion.

Here is a nice tribute to her, she was a rescue they took in and she lived with the team for a few years while they made the game.

RIP River.

The Real-Life Dog That Inspired Fallout 4's Dogmeat, Has Passed Away

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By gearsmithy:

Notice the writers used the pronoun "they" to describe the character?
View Quote
Actually the cleric said "their injury" which is arguably correct grammar when you have already established previously in the conversation that they were talking about Initiate Dane.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:17:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Two episodes in.  Really enjoying it.  It's the fun kind of cheese that I need.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Never played the games.

Just watched the first season.  I was entertained.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:51:17 PM EDT
[#8]
First episode seems worth it . Skips around somewhat but it’s a big world .

So far including half of second episode.

2 thumbs up .
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:13:28 AM EDT
[#9]
it's not funny.  

the games were filled to the brim with dark humor and whimsey.  the zany sense of humor in conjunction with scary moments and action was what defined the games.  2 episodes in, this is closer to the book of eli, with occasional breaks for fan service that are announced by music drops.  it seems  like nolan only ever played the worst parts of F4: the boring, depressing moaning about sean.

it's not terrible - far better than the WoT shitshow, anyway. i'll keep watching, but it's incredibly disappointing that they completely missed the vibe.  a lot like the road house remake in that way.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:17:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Actually the cleric said "their injury" which is arguably correct grammar when you have already established previously in the conversation that they were talking about Initiate Dane.
View Quote

Thanks for that. I was going to go back and watch that part again, just to see if that was the case.

I'm still sticking with my opinion that the person in question was a female character, played by a female.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:38:44 AM EDT
[#11]
It kind of went hard commie in the last couple episodes.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:57:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Per google...

The dog in the series is a Belgian Malinois.  The dog in Fallout 4 is a German Shepard.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:17:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By gearsmithy:

Notice the writers used the pronoun "they" to describe the character?
View Quote

You're digging. Buy a backhoe.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:29:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By sirensong:
it's not funny.  

the games were filled to the brim with dark humor and whimsey.  the zany sense of humor in conjunction with scary moments and action was what defined the games.  2 episodes in, this is closer to the book of eli, with occasional breaks for fan service that are announced by music drops.  it seems  like nolan only ever played the worst parts of F4: the boring, depressing moaning about sean.

it's not terrible - far better than the WoT shitshow, anyway. i'll keep watching, but it's incredibly disappointing that they completely missed the vibe.  a lot like the road house remake in that way.
View Quote

It's still the best videogame adaptation ever made, trust me it could be a LOT LOT worse. Halo fans know what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:34:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:55:26 AM EDT
[#16]
OK. just finished it.  I liked it a lot.  Want Season 2!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:03:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
OK. just finished it.  I liked it a lot.  Want Season 2!!
View Quote
If Quarry Junction isn't a nightmare I'll be upset lol
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:04:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kharn] [#18]
it's not funny.  

View Quote

Oh just wait. The fun appears.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:38:20 AM EDT
[#19]
it's not funny.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:39:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:40:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Hobs98:

You're digging. Buy a backhoe.
View Quote

Nah.  That actor is a biological female who thinks she’s a male in real life.  She uses incorrect he/him and stupid they/them pronouns in real life.  So they intentionally brought in a tranny and intentionally used the stupid they/them pronouns to let everyone know they’re bowing down to woke-ism.  I’m not boycotting the series or letting it affect my objective opinion on the show, but it’s pretty obvious what they did here.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:41:56 AM EDT
[#22]
It's woke. Not so horribly woke but it's woke. I'm only 2 shows in but starting to lose interest. When they showed the Brotherhood of Steel Knight as a cowardly white guy I kinda figured how it was going to go. I'll watch a few more just to make sure but at least I got further with this than I did with the HOD and ROP shows, so far.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Spider1:
It's woke. Not so horribly woke but it's woke. I'm only 2 shows in but starting to lose interest. When they showed the Brotherhood of Steel Knight as a cowardly white guy I kinda figured how it was going to go. I'll watch a few more just to make sure but at least I got further with this than I did with the HOD and ROP shows, so far.
View Quote

Okie Dokie
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#24]
I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to another season
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:08:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82] [#25]
View Quote

I watched the whole thing over three nights and agree to an extent.

The tranny BOS bothered me. The leader of the Vault 4 commune also gave off strong tranny vibes too. Cherien Dabis is the actress and I think they intentially made her look more masculine to gender bend.

The Ghoul and Enclave scientist were cast great. Main character vault dweller Lucy also grew on me. I'm disappointed I didn't get to see her T&A though.

I think the Ghoul steals the show. Walton Goggins did a great job, especially some of the flashback scenes as the horror unfolds.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:31:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kharn] [#26]
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler

Sorry you're missing out on HOD and this, they are great shows.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:32:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Knight Titus is supposed to be an indication of the degradation of the BoS, just how the Vault 33 council are an indication of how inept the leadership of the vault society is.

To me Titus and Woody (the inexplicably fat black Vault 33 councilman) are two sides of the same coin depicting structural rot.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:40:45 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm only 2 shows in but starting to lose interest.
View Quote

I am too.. I know nothing of the video games. 2 in & I find it boring.  I'll continue it, but not binging.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Never met an infantry PFC in the Army or Corps have ya?  That is literally what they would all say and do.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:56:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gtfoxy] [#30]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:
But hasn't that always been the presentation of the Vault Dwellers vs the Wastelanders?

The trope is that the Vault Dwellers either lived in an absolute hell of government experimentation, or they lived in some idyllic 50's style ship in a bottle. Nearly every Fallout game in which the protagonist is a Vault Dweller who come from a world of comfort / plenty that suddenly has a problem requiring them to leave the vault in search of a solution. The Vault Dweller having a culture shock with the Wastelanders is par for the course. They go from a controlled environment to an uncontrolled one. Yes there are class warfare angles to it, but it always has the dark subtext that the Vault Dweller also comes from a government experiment in which they were oblivious. What the purpose of the vault in the show will be is yet to be determined. Sure, the outside Wastelander world might see the Vault Dweller as coming from a paradise of plenty when in reality their vault might have had mandatory buttfuckings every Tuesday or they all got forced sex changes at 18.

The vaults were hell, just some hells had nice pillows and dinty moore dinners.
View All Quotes
But hasn't that always been the presentation of the Vault Dwellers vs the Wastelanders?

The trope is that the Vault Dwellers either lived in an absolute hell of government experimentation, or they lived in some idyllic 50's style ship in a bottle. Nearly every Fallout game in which the protagonist is a Vault Dweller who come from a world of comfort / plenty that suddenly has a problem requiring them to leave the vault in search of a solution. The Vault Dweller having a culture shock with the Wastelanders is par for the course. They go from a controlled environment to an uncontrolled one. Yes there are class warfare angles to it, but it always has the dark subtext that the Vault Dweller also comes from a government experiment in which they were oblivious. What the purpose of the vault in the show will be is yet to be determined. Sure, the outside Wastelander world might see the Vault Dweller as coming from a paradise of plenty when in reality their vault might have had mandatory buttfuckings every Tuesday or they all got forced sex changes at 18.

The vaults were hell, just some hells had nice pillows and dinty moore dinners.

I finished S1 last night.

I have not read past this post on this thread just seeing it just now.

What you are saying is spot on. This gets explained as Coop’s wife, who turns out to be a murderous zealot of the non-constrained vision, actually brought this variation of corporate control into the story.

Upon hearing his wife talk in such absolutes & then the discussion around openly experimenting on & torturing the Vault dwellers sickened him.

In contrast to every “powers that be” side of what makes the world what we see today, there are two separate quotes, revolving around Coop, his redemption, & Lucy: “I didn’t fight for freedom just to be locked up & controlled.” - Coop & “I May end up looking like you, but I’ll never be like you.”- Lucy

We now know the much longer story arc & character change, & can only imagine what history is there, Coop went through, what he had to do to survive, & how that changed him.

For me the “social commentary” I garnered was people seeking power fuck over most others & eventually ruin it for all involved.

This is a fairly accurate, even if overly simplified, reality.

Going into not playing the games, knowing very little about the story, I found it fairly entertaining. Dark humor (which I normally don’t care for) was funny in part. Decent character development for a single season.

There are ways to present the whole "privilege" thing without falling back on tired modern day political dog whistle language.

The Vault Dwellers who enter the wasteland are typically seen as easy marks, rubes, prime for theft or being conned. And every Fallout story has an early period where the naive Vault Dweller gets taken in / finagled / robbed / etc.

An example of that trope being NON "woke" is if the Vault Dweller runs into a raider and the raider robs her, leaves her with nothing in the middle of nowhere, then the Ghoul character comes upon her and he ALSO takes advantage of her in some way. And it isn't until the Vault Dweller toughens up does the Ghoul begin to respect her. Together they meet several good people and several bad people, all with their own agendas and angles. Nobody is truly "good" as it is all about survival in the wasteland.

An example of that exact same trope done "woke" is if the Vault Dweller runs into a gang of all female raiders with rainbow hair appear and lecture her about her Vault Dweller privilege and how she owes them reparations, so she willingly gives them all her stuff. Then the Ghoul shows up and lectures her about how he's lived several hundred years now and has learned his white straight male privilege is a curse and that is why he's a Ghoul, so he does chems to forget his crimes as the Vault Dweller mixes him up some special high powered magical chems that make him gay. Then they travel together to a big town called San Francisco where everyone is gay and a person of color, and the city is a beacon of hope and justice and everything right in the new world that is beset by an evil white male Nazi adjacent group called The Enclave who are all the evil white male gun owning bible having Trump analogies the writers could combine, led by "Mister Golden Presidente" who is a computer AI with an orange screen that talks with a certain cadence.

Now that the season is all released & we can reflect on it, your post hits it nail-on-head.

The first paragraph was much closer to what happened, if not very close to spot on.

I’ll go back to it, but what I feel needs to be focused on when discussing these types of Apocalyptic storylines is being able to identify the Constrained vs Non-Constrained vision aspects of the narrative or character mindsets.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:26:14 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Hang in there, you'll find that the BoS is rotting from within and a shadow of its former power, so that cowardly, bullying Knight is typical of the organization at this point.

Also, it's set 20 years after FO3, 15 years after New Vegas, 10 years after FO4, and about 130 years from the first Fallout game.  The games have been showing how the BoS has been breaking down for a long time.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By fuzzy03cls:

I am too.. I know nothing of the video games. 2 in & I find it boring.  I'll continue it, but not binging.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fuzzy03cls:
I'm only 2 shows in but starting to lose interest.

I found it got better. At first I was trying to just sit back & see what the story was about.

It’s kind of slow moving in spots, but overall entertaining.

Lucy’s attitude toward sexuality was humorous.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:

It'll get worse. Pepper it in the first episode and then go balls deep by the third episode.

When this happens, People will convince themselves It's still good because they are like abused spouses when it comes to new TV shows.

The ghoul is by far the best character. So they will kill him off. Can't have him taking the limelight from generic female protagonist.

Don't believe me? Just wait
View Quote

Season is over... still waiting.

Want some crow?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:13:09 AM EDT
[#35]
The actress who plays Lucy reminds me of Mila Kunis.

Wish there were more than 8 episodes. I thought it was great.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Watched the first two episodes and it was woke af.

Mixed face family? ✔️
Female main character? ✔️
Incest? ✔️
Matrilocal society? ✔️
Female defeating a male in hand to hand combat? ✔️
Tranny? ✔️

The list continues. It's like they're trying to cram every leftist value into it.

Pass.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#37]
I knew nothing about Fallout but happened to catch the first episode the other day and ended up watching all 8 shows over two days. I enjoyed it to be honest. I tried to watch HALO and just could not get into it so I was surprised how much I liked Fallout. Anything Goggins is in is usually very good.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:21:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ArmedKulak:

Mixed face family? ✔️
Incest? ✔️
Matrilocal society? ✔️
Tranny? ✔️

The list continues. It's like they're trying to cram every leftist value into it.

Pass.
View Quote

Where the fuck is that tranny getting hormones in the fucking wasteland?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#39]

Mixed face family? ✔️
Incest? ✔️
Matrilocal society? ✔️
Tranny? ✔️

Pass.
View Quote

We are so lucky to have people like you defining and defending the values of the right.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#40]
3 episodes in and I'm liking it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:31:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By fike:

We are so lucky to have people like you defining and defending the values of the right.
View Quote

We're not particularly lucky to have people unlike me who allow the left to chip away at their values little by little and shift the Overton window slightly more to the left year after year.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#42]

Mixed face family? ✔️
Incest? ✔️
Matrilocal society? ✔️
Tranny? ✔️

Pass.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#43]

Mixed face family?  
Female main character?  
Incest?  
Matrilocal society?
Female defeating a male in hand to hand combat?
Tranny?  

Pass.
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler

The incest bit was realistic.  In a tiny vault where there's very little genetic diversity, cousin-fucking would absolutely be a regular thing.  It was common before humans started living in larger groups.

Lucy was trained in hand-to-hand combat.  The raider had experience but likely no training.  She was getting tossed around and beat up badly before she got her hands on a weapon.  The depiction wasn't unrealistic.

I wouldn't even call Lucy the "main character" as it bounces around from her, to The Ghoul, to Maximus.

Those of you watching 2 episodes and deciding it's "too woke" really need to hold off until you have a better-informed position.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#44]

We're not particularly lucky to have people unlike me who allow the left to chip away at their values little by little and shift the Overton window slightly more to the left year after year.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:

LOL

Muh values!
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

Click To View Spoiler

The incest bit was realistic.  In a tiny vault where there's very little genetic diversity, cousin-fucking would absolutely be a regular thing.  It was common before humans started living in larger groups.

Lucy was trained in hand-to-hand combat.  The raider had experience but likely no training.  She was getting tossed around and beat up badly before she got her hands on a weapon.  The depiction wasn't unrealistic.

I wouldn't even call Lucy the "main character" as it bounces around from her, to The Ghoul, to Maximus.

Those of you watching 2 episodes and deciding it's "too woke" really need to hold off until you have a better-informed position.
View Quote

It doesn't strike you as being woke that of the four characters you mention, one is a woman, one is black, one is a black woman, and the one white guy is the ghoul?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Overall liked it, but the dumbed-down fantastic shootout scenes REALLY drug it down... and when the guy ran past the sentry gun (rotating barrel minigun type thing) and all the shots missed from about 30 feet away.... ugh facepalm... cartoonish
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Kharn:

Click To View Spoiler

Sorry you're missing out on HOD and this, they are great shows.

Kharn
View Quote

geez, I had to try real hard just to get through the first HOD episode it sucked so bad.

I didn't realize this was a continuation after the last games. Makes more sense that the BOS were not what they used to be. I sort leaned toward liking them. Tended to play as a tank. Didn't play the games a lot, more just hanging out with my kids as they played but I did play enough to understand some of the story line.

I always like this dystopian kind of story line so I hoped they wouldn't wokify this show. Which they are doing. Sorry but in the apocalypse when survival is the main goal, there would be no room for trannies and lesbians.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#49]
I liked it, but people who have not played the game might have missed out on some of the parts.   The second episode preview might fill in some blanks.

It was not perfect, but considering how most of the other films from video games have gone, it was decent.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#50]
I think the show overall was good.  There are apparently some major lore issues, but hopefully they’ll try to explain them as the show goes on.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 35
Fallout Amazon series (Page 1 of 35)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top