Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Fallout Amazon series (Page 1 of 35)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 35
Posted: 4/9/2024 12:52:06 PM EDT
Looks like all the other threads went to archive. Season drops tomorrow at 6pm PST. I'm sure it'll have some shit that annoys me, but I'm looking forward to checking it out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By southerncross:
Yep. You can tell who has played Fallout before. You can be whoever the hell you want to be. I guess they're disappointed that people besides heterosexual white folks in monogamous relationships have survived.
View Quote

I just started playing Fallout 1 as a 17 year old female.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MilHouse-556:
Some of the nuances I'm picking up on is almost anti-woke.

I think some of you are not picking up on these and are hyper focusing on certain things clouding your vision.
View Quote

It's like a Rorschach test; people see what they want to see.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been enjoying it, but my LOL moment was this ode to side quests:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

Retarded post is retarded.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmedKulak:
Watched the first two episodes and it was woke af.

Mixed face family? ✔️
Female main character? ✔️
Incest? ✔️
Matrilocal society? ✔️
Female defeating a male in hand to hand combat? ✔️
Tranny? ✔️

The list continues. It's like they're trying to cram every leftist value into it.

Pass.

Retarded post is retarded.

Let's get one thing straight, kid.  It's an ArmedKulak post.  It's retarded by default.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Not a gamer. Didn't even know Fallout existed before I saw this thread and decided to give it a try.  It's been pretty good but a lot of it does not make sense. I accept that because I never played the game so I expect some of the episodes to not make sense to me, which is OK.

Overall, pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

It was a neat dynamic in NV to keep you from wanting to fuck your companions.  All of them were either gay, extremely out there "Here comes Grandma!" (With a Minigun), or pining for their dead wife.  Though I forget why Cass turns you down.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kharn:
Originally Posted By Spider1:

Click To View Spoiler

Sorry you're missing out on HOD and this, they are great shows.

Kharn

geez, I had to try real hard just to get through the first HOD episode it sucked so bad.

I didn't realize this was a continuation after the last games. Makes more sense that the BOS were not what they used to be. I sort leaned toward liking them. Tended to play as a tank. Didn't play the games a lot, more just hanging out with my kids as they played but I did play enough to understand some of the story line.

I always like this dystopian kind of story line so I hoped they wouldn't wokify this show. Which they are doing. Sorry but in the apocalypse when survival is the main goal, there would be no room for trannies and lesbians.

New Vegas spoiler:
Click To View Spoiler

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Other-132675-755.gif

Kharn

It was a neat dynamic in NV to keep you from wanting to fuck your companions.  All of them were either gay, extremely out there "Here comes Grandma!" (With a Minigun), or pining for their dead wife.  Though I forget why Cass turns you down.

Me, I start collecting Vault Suits….takes a while to rustle up 50 of ‘em.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:09:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kharn] [#7]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spider1:

Click To View Spoiler

Sorry you're missing out on HOD and this, they are great shows.

Kharn

geez, I had to try real hard just to get through the first HOD episode it sucked so bad.

I didn't realize this was a continuation after the last games. Makes more sense that the BOS were not what they used to be. I sort leaned toward liking them. Tended to play as a tank. Didn't play the games a lot, more just hanging out with my kids as they played but I did play enough to understand some of the story line.

I always like this dystopian kind of story line so I hoped they wouldn't wokify this show. Which they are doing. Sorry but in the apocalypse when survival is the main goal, there would be no room for trannies and lesbians.

New Vegas spoiler:
Click To View Spoiler

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Other-132675-755.gif

Kharn

You were supposed to be able to marry (and then sleep with) Cass, with the King performing the ceremony. They even licensed an Elvis song for the scene, but it didn't make it into the game. She just says no when you try to hit on her.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:24:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#9]

If you'd watched the whole series you'd know it's not the Brotherhood who destroyed Shady Sands.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:

Hope you can handle it, but this is what is coming next season:

Click To View Spoiler

If you'd watched the whole series you'd know it's not the Brotherhood who destroyed Shady Sands.

I watched it, just didn’t catch that he was actually at Shady Sands as a child.

I’m rewatching it, so I will pay extra attention in that scene.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Just started it, love it so far
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Just finished E8 and hope it gets picked up for a 2nd season.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#13]

I think some of you are not picking up on these and are hyper focusing on certain things clouding your vision.
View Quote

They're obviously making fun of commies and "collectives" when portraying all of the vault people.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:07:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TheLookingGlass:
Not a gamer. Didn't even know Fallout existed before I saw this thread and decided to give it a try.  It's been pretty good but a lot of it does not make sense. I accept that because I never played the game so I expect some of the episodes to not make sense to me, which is OK.

Overall, pretty good.
View Quote

Been playing fallout 76 on ps5, still my favorite game
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Considering the overwhelmingly positive reviews I think it's a given at this point.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DamascusKnifemaker:
Just finished E8 and hope it gets picked up for a 2nd season.

Considering the overwhelmingly positive reviews I think it's a given at this point.

With California’s offer of a $25 million tax break, most definitely.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:31:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mikhail_86] [#17]

View Quote

I can't wait. My son watched all 8 with me (my second time through now) he's never been a Fallout fan, and he is already ready for season 2.

it was fun getting to pause it and answer his questions about factions and lore. I just hope now I can get him playing the games
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#18]
My wife has never played a Fallout game and she said she enjoyed the show. She asked a lot of questions about the games though.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:44:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Overall, pretty good.
View Quote

My wife looked at me when the squires foot healed like magic and said, 'That's really dumb.'  to which I replied, "That's literally how it works in game. You fall of a cliff and break both your legs just pop a stim pack and a bandage and you're good to go."
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm a big time Fallout player and really looked forward to this series and they did not disappoint.

Some of the negative -

- CGI cyclops overseer in Vault 4 was not well done, probably should have used a prosthetic instead.
- If Dane didn't have a slight mustache I don't think anyone would be talking about it.
- Kinda dragged at times.
- Maybe a little too much pre-war backstory, could have been condensed and used the time for more wasteland exposition.
- I did think they overused the desert sand buildings set too much.
- Not sure I like the actor playing Maximus. I don't know, I think a different actor could have made the role a bit more likeable and compelling.
- A bit overused the religious angle to BoS, never felt that in the game.

The positives-

- Absolutely nailed the visuals.  Pretty much everything looked like the game.
- Plenty of humor, some laugh out loud.
- Totally nailed the Vertibirds.
- Mostly nailed the BoS uniform and power armor.
- Great story line
- Final episode closed a lot of story lines but left a huge opportunity for a Season 2.
- Dude wiping his dick on the curtains cracked me up.

Overall I give it a 9/10.
-
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Yeah there are some, like when the 33’s council is talking about reforming the captured raiders and incorporating them into there society.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:

- Maybe a little too much pre-war backstory, could have been condensed and used the time for more wasteland exposition.

View Quote

I thought so too, but on the same hand I believe it was done to explain a little more for the viewers that are not Fallout players.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#23]

My wife looked at me when the squires foot healed like magic and said, 'That's really dumb.'  to which I replied, "That's literally how it works in game. You fall of a cliff and break both your legs just pop a stim pack and a bandage and you're good to go."
View All Quotes

Overall, pretty good.

Including how you can hobble along with all your gear on a broken leg
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:28:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Any one want to bet they change the lore from China attacking the US to Russia. Noticed the CCCP on the downed sat when they behead the Dr. I have a feeling they will pull a Red Dawn and not allow China to be cast in a bad light since MGM is tied in with the show
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Honestly, a solid 4.5/5 for me. Maybe some minor niggles here and there in the moment, but with only 8 episodes I think they did pretty solid job with the story, characters, setting, atmosphere and the bits and bobs.

It was a new and interesting way to experience Fallout, because to me it felt kinda like multiple concurrent playthroughs that had different starts, but all meandering to the same destination. The character dialogue felt like a mix of quest log exposition, lore logs, standard in game convos and even what you might have been saying to yourself, if you were playing the game and were in that situation.

That said, this is from someone that only has around 500 hours in the Fallout franchise. If this was an Elder Scrolls series...I've spent several thousand hours in 3-5.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:31:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By lafmedic1:
Any one want to bet they change the lore from China attacking the US to Russia. Noticed the CCCP on the downed sat when they behead the Dr. I have a feeling they will pull a Red Dawn and not allow China to be cast in a bad light since MGM is tied in with the show
View Quote

One of the pre-war scenes had a newspaper with a headline about the Sino-American war and a photo of a ship firing.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Mikhail_86:

I thought so too, but on the same hand I believe it was done to explain a little more for the viewers that are not Fallout players.

View Quote

I think most of it was to build out character development of The Ghoul since he wasn’t in the games. Probably not coincidence that he was my favorite character in the show considering.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By dorobuta:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler

Haven’t seen episode 7 or 8 yet so I could be wrong but that was my first thought when they showed the shady sands history lesson in vault 4
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#29]
One other minor quibble - lack of scavenging.  Multiple occasions they are mincing about and not grabbing useful stuff they might need later.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#30]
One other minor quibble - lack of scavenging.  Multiple occasions they are mincing about and not grabbing useful stuff they might need later.
View Quote

annoyed me that nobody was grabbing better guns, until Maximus finally got one of the dead fiend. He spent half the show unarmed
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:16:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Just finished. Fuckin loved it. Been a long time since I've liked anything Amazon put out. This was great.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote
What are you on about, he scavenged her finger right onto his hand.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:28:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Even "Hatewatchers" liked it and he's more negative than Drinker.

Fallout - Hits ALL the Right Notes | Season 1 Review

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:

They're obviously making fun of commies and "collectives" when portraying all of the vault people.

View Quote

They're obviously making fun of everything, from commies to capitalists to techno-optimists to everything boomers hold dear about the childhoods they spent watching TV while the world went full mutually assured destruction...

Just like the games.

I didn't care about the butch chick who mutilated herself to avoid her duty, how the fuck is that a positive portrayal to get worked up over?

They should have spent the CGI money on a supermutant or two instead of the gulpers. They cracked me up in-game.

Makes me want to go back and play FO3 or NV.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:16:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Played all the Fallout games. On episode 5 right now. So far, not bad and pretty entertaining. Minimal Woke BS and pretty faithful to the world the games created.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:21:38 AM EDT
[#36]
quality has improved, but it's still not funny.  it's like someone remade ghostbusters or army of darkness as serious drama with occasional jokes for fan service.

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:31:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Best show I have seen in a LONG time. Huge Falllout fan, easily my favorite franchise ever. Thought they would make it gay and put a chick in it. So very glad to be wrong.

10/10.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:39:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Wifey and I binged watched it and she loved it despite not knowing a damn thing about Fallout. As a huge fan of NV.. I look forward to the next season!!’
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:42:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By green_bullet:

View Quote

I especially like that they never explain it either. That’s just how stimpaks work.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:55:49 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Overall, pretty good.

Or travel from the Abandoned BoS bunker to Novac carrying literally a half ton of gold along with everything else you looted from the Sierra Madre in NV.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:06:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By lafmedic1:
View Quote

The Soviet Union still existed in the Fallout universe, they and the US largely ignored each other. We were already in a hot war with China when it escalated to a nuclear exchange. In lore, the US had invaded Mainland China and was on the verge of taking Beijing when the birds went up.

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:53:51 AM EDT
[#42]

annoyed me that nobody was grabbing better guns, until Maximus finally got one of the dead fiend. He spent half the show unarmed
View All Quotes

Yep, this irritated me too. No one had any weapons. Lucy either had the dart gun or a 10mm but never scavenges anything better.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:18:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Why wasnt the Enclave seen tracking their lost property? Plot?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Why wasnt the Enclave seen tracking their lost property? Plot?
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:40:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: godzillamax] [#45]
Originally Posted By BroomSlayer:
Played all the Fallout games. On episode 5 right now. So far, not bad and pretty entertaining. Minimal Woke BS and pretty faithful to the world the games created.
View Quote
While they weren't shoving the woke down your throat with some trany character, or a gay couple sex scene, etc. like a Netflix show would have the signs of wokeness were simply more subtle but were still very prevalent...for example, pretty much every straight white male character with (speaking lines) is either evil, an asshole, a coward, a tyrant, etc. First BoS Knight we see (Titus) is total a-hole, leader of the BoS is evil/manipulative, Maximus' squire is a little weasel, the Vault 33 overseer is evil/manipulative, the white guys in Vault 33 like Chet (spineless white guy who ends up with the pregnant widow) and Davey (old guy who tells the fat black guy he isn't voting for him) are all losers, all the CEOs at the secret meeting in the episode 8 are mostly white men, etc. etc. while all the "heroes" in the show are females, PoCs, etc. (Lucy, Maximus, Lucy's brother, Moldaver, etc.). So straight white male = negative attributes, female or PoC = positive attributes is the theme of the show's characters.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#46]

Click To View Spoiler

Kharn
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:54:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Only watched the first episode so far. A bit surprised at how it isn't a total disaster of a show.

Now I want to play Fallout. Last one I played was Fallout 4 when it came out, and I never beat it. I do still have my Pip-boy from the collector's edition. I wonder if it's going to go up in value from the show

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By godzillamax:
While they weren't shoving the woke down your throat with some trany character, or a gay couple sex scene, etc. like a Netflix show would have the signs of wokeness were simply more subtle but were still very prevalent...for example, pretty much every straight white male character with (speaking lines) is either evil, an asshole, a coward, a tyrant, etc. First BoS Knight we see (Titus) is total a-hole, leader of the BoS is evil/manipulative, Maximus' squire is a little weasel, the Vault 33 overseer is evil/manipulative, the white guys in Vault 33 like Chet (spineless white guy who ends up with the pregnant widow) and Davey (old guy who tells the fat black guy he isn't voting for him) are all losers, all the CEOs at the secret meeting in the episode 8 are mostly white men, etc. etc. while all the "heroes" in the show are females, PoCs, etc. (Lucy, Maximus, Lucy's brother, Moldaver, etc.). So straight white male = negative attributes, female or PoC = positive attributes is the theme of the show's characters.
View Quote

You are forgetting the Enclave scientist with the dog who defects, he is not a coward or a loser. He willingly sacrifices himself so the fusion energy project can get out.

It can be argued Cooper (The Ghoul) is an antihero character. He starts as an antagonist, but becomes a protagonist at the end.

It could also be argued that Norm (Chicken boy troglodyte brother) starts out a coward but finds his guts and determination to investigate the vaults and go to both Vault 32 and 31 on his own volition.

You could even say that Overseer Cyrill Figgis cyclops of Vault 4 is a decent guy who comes off as goofy, but is altruistic and only wants the best for his vault and his people. He won't even kill Lucy, and is  going to give her supplies to leave.

As for Maximus, he is anything but a hero. The guy fails upwards the entire show, he is just as incompetent as his fellow BoS squires (he loses pretty much every fight he gets into and has this almost retard level childlike understanding of the world), and he more or less manipulates everyone into a beneficial outcome for himself through treachery or deception.

Then there are all the various other minority characters that are presented as incompetent, naive, or just plain dumb. Woody (the inexplicably fat Vault 33 councilman) is a coward who tries to refuse transfer to Vault 32 and an idiot. Dane (the he she BoS member) turns out to be a self-harming coward too scared to go into the wilds. Betty (the new Vault 33 Overseer) is a VaultTec stooge and is arguably malevolent.

As others have said in this thread, you tend to only see what you want to see. I feel this show doesn't present any one race or gender as being somehow superior or better than anyone else. The inhabitants of the wasteland run the gamut from noble to evil, smart to foolish, and they come in every color, size, and gender.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#49]
I liked it a lot.
The lead actress has some big old eyes.
I think they did a great job with the settings.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:22:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#50]
Saw the first episode. To be honest, it's not as captivating me as I would have thought.  It's pretty good, but the raiders/violence and all was a bit much.

The wokeness is there, but not so bad as some act.  The diversity checkbox is obviously forced.   the Tranny is barely noticeable - and honestly I'm not all that bothered by a chich trying to make it in a man's world (Brotherhood of Steel) by acting like a dude.  Mostly I don't even notice her.  Though you'd think the Brotherhood could have just given her a Stim shot.  Perhaps explained later - I get the impression her injury was a swt-up by leadership on purpose.

I suspect they are going to overplay the tired themes of :
-All bad people are white males (the white dude punching out the black dude going to the shelter, was a bit much)
-there are no good guys and even the good guys are really bad guys with a super complex evil scheme.

Its OK, the wokeness is far less than most shows these days, but there is some.  The more sensitive to it you are and the harder you look for it, the more you will see I suppose, but it didn't bother me that much.

I don't really buy the premise that they couldn't sniff out Raiders, but sure.

I guess we'll see what episode 2 is like - I didn't Bing watch, but went and paid bills after episode 1 was done.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 35
Fallout Amazon series (Page 1 of 35)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top