Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Fallout Amazon series (Page 1 of 35)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 35
Posted: 4/9/2024 12:52:06 PM EDT
Looks like all the other threads went to archive. Season drops tomorrow at 6pm PST. I'm sure it'll have some shit that annoys me, but I'm looking forward to checking it out.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:50:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By matto4785:
Also, I find it odd that the shows Brotherhood characters are all using Roman names. Maximus, Titus, Quintus, etc. Maybe they recruited from former Caesars Legion people?
View Quote

It would not surprise me if another one of Todd's lore flexes on Obsidian was the non-inclusion of Caesar's Legion, and that their names were blended into the BoS so they could remove another faction from the show to keep things simplified. Or perhaps this faction of the west coast BoS was comprised of former Caesar' Legion folks who fled the Mojave after their defeat at Hoover dam?

Of course the giant cock punch if the former is the case is that no Caesar's Legion means no Johnathan Graham, or at best a highly retconned Johnathan Graham if the show does indeed move to the New Vegas area.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:56:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

As expected.  Dude is always awesome.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
"I'd offer you some of these cherry tomatuhs but you got a hole in yo neck."

"Sometimes a fella's gotta eat a fella."

Goggins definitely had the best lines.

Best acting and best delivery too.

As expected.  Dude is always awesome.

Yeah, in my review for the series I posted that it being very good and woke-free was extremely surprising, but Goggins stealing the show was totally expected.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:58:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#3]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:04:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#4]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:05:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#5]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:

It would not surprise me if another one of Todd's lore flexes on Obsidian was the non-inclusion of Caesar's Legion, and that their names were blended into the BoS so they could remove another faction from the show to keep things simplified. Or perhaps this faction of the west coast BoS was comprised of former Caesar' Legion folks who fled the Mojave after their defeat at Hoover dam?

Of course the giant cock punch if the former is the case is that no Caesar's Legion means no Johnathan Graham, or at best a highly retconned Johnathan Graham if the show does indeed move to the New Vegas area.
View All Quotes
Also, I find it odd that the shows Brotherhood characters are all using Roman names. Maximus, Titus, Quintus, etc. Maybe they recruited from former Caesars Legion people?

The Legion is a tough one to deal with as it could clash with potential endings of NV.  Legion joining BoS would be illogical given they're brainwashed to eschew all modern technology.

My guess is that area will be a B story, with Hank going to one or more vaults in the area to get assistance. As a Vault-Tec executive, he'd know of the ones in the area, and possibly ones we didn't see in NV.  I can't imagine they'll want to focus a lot on that area.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:08:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#7]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Remember this day, friends. Savor this feeling.

Because now they have you hooked, and season 2 is going to woke-stomp on your balls.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:10:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#9]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:16:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#10]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:16:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#11]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By adversor:
Remember this day, friends. Savor this feeling.

Because now they have you hooked, and season 2 is going to woke-stomp on your balls.
View Quote

Keep the hope alive!

Respect.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Naporter:

The Legion is a tough one to deal with as it could clash with potential endings of NV.  Legion joining BoS would be illogical given they're brainwashed to eschew all modern technology.

My guess is that area will be a B story, with Hank going to one or more vaults in the area to get assistance. As a Vault-Tec executive, he'd know of the ones in the area, and possibly ones we didn't see in NV.  I can't imagine they'll want to focus a lot on that area.
View Quote

Which is why I suspect if the show does travel to New Vegas they will do like they did with this season of the show and blatantly kill off one or more of the major factions so they don't have to deal with them. And since the NCR is toast in the show, my guess is they are toast in the Mojave. And so is the Legion most likely. Meaning New Vegas is most likely going to be run by a Mister House style character, who will most likely be VaultTec affiliated, which is why Overseer Dale Cooper went there.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:43:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#14]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:56:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#15]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:58:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#16]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:01:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#17]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:27:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#18]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:38:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#19]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:40:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#20]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:21:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#21]
Originally Posted By Who_Me:

Anybody else catch Eric Estrada in a cameo?  Took me a minute to recognize him.
View Quote
Yep, saw him the first time there was the closeup in the cabin.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By JDatTOA:

Doesn't Reacher have that woke gun grabbing baby killing lead actor GDers should hate?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JDatTOA:
Originally Posted By Halberdier:

Yeah, keep telling yourself that wasting your life away in front of a TV is somehow better than an active life.

There were exactly two shows I thought were worth watching over the past few years, Walking Dead and Reacher. I didn't need an 85" TV with a $10k sound system to watch these. My computer was just fine. So I think of that as money wasted, just like you might think of a pair of hiking boots as money wasted.

Doesn't Reacher have that woke gun grabbing baby killing lead actor GDers should hate?

Also “police murder people and get away with it all the time” or something to that effect.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:32:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#23]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By DDiggler:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DDiggler:
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

Boy, sure are a lot of judgemental judgmental folk hopping into this thread today...

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:35:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#25]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:37:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#26]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

It would also be completely in line with the tone of the games/show for him to get beaned with a golf club and loaded into a soup pot by the fiends living behind the first vault door he knocks on.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:43:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#28]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

I think I'm gonna play an hour of PS4 tonight....I'm sure I'll be okay.
View Quote

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

View All Quotes

So your green car only goes the speed limit? And you bought it because it's environmentally responsible?

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:49:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jonny762] [#31]
Originally Posted By runcible:
They are. Almost all of popular culture at this point is woke propaganda... and all of it aimed at attacking me and my culture.
I rarely watch movies or TV shows anymore. The people who make them hate me, and they never let an opportunity pass to tell me so.
How on earth am I supposed to be 'entertained' by that?

View All Quotes
If someone thinks the Fallout show is so woke that they can't even stomach it, then they probably think that 99.9% of films and tv shows are woke too.
They are. Almost all of popular culture at this point is woke propaganda... and all of it aimed at attacking me and my culture.
I rarely watch movies or TV shows anymore. The people who make them hate me, and they never let an opportunity pass to tell me so.

runcible's not wrong. While the show doesn't look particularly woke, it's still helping to boil the frog. Sucks too, because stuff like this and the Witcher series, the Lord of the Rings prequels, the Vampire Chronicles, etc.. I would otherwise trip over my own feet running to give them my money.

eta: Oh, and Preacher. God damn.. Preacher. I must have buried that one deep, because even thinking about that abomination now makes me want to find Seth Rogen's fat ass and skin him alive.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:50:29 PM EDT
[#32]
They did a great job on the visuals and audio of this show. That's not even a reasonable complaint. The bass in this show was more impressive than a lot of recent Disney Atmos releases.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:54:19 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

At least you didn't waste any money on hiking boots...heaven forbid!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:03:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#34]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#35]
The show looked great. It’s funny how a futuristic post apocalyptic show can look better than a World War II miniseries about airplanes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By jonny762:
runcible's not wrong. While the show doesn't look particularly woke, it's still helping to boil the frog. Sucks too, because stuff like this and the Witcher series, the Lord of the Rings prequels, the Vampire Chronicles, etc.. I would otherwise trip over my own feet running to give them my money.

eta: Oh, and Preacher. God damn.. Preacher. I must have buried that one deep, because even thinking about that abomination now makes me want to find Seth Rogen's fat ass and skin him alive.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jonny762:
If someone thinks the Fallout show is so woke that they can't even stomach it, then they probably think that 99.9% of films and tv shows are woke too.

He claimed “99.9% of films and tv shows are woke.”

To think that is correct, one would have to be the far-right version of this.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:03:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wingnutx] [#37]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:20:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Goddamn, did someone drop a mini nuke in this thread?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#40]
I ran out of 10mm and now all I have is a stick.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#41]
I like the Indian raider chick.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Mikhail_86:
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Sierra5:
Please quit engaging/quoting and reporting trolling posts. Everyone gripes about trolls derailing, but then everyone also keeps replying and quoting.

It's like a wasteland in here now
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:03:05 PM EDT
[#43]
"Patrolling GD Almost Makes You Wish For a Nuclear Winter" - ARF mods
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Kharn:

And they suck ass in combat, you can't order them around exactly in real time, they can't heal you when needed, etc.

Kharn
View Quote

Never.

Ever.

Give a Companion grenades.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Karankawa:

Wish it wasn’t written by degenerates. It’s far raunchier than the game ever were. Even fisto wasn’t grossly vulgar. Not watching with my kids for sure.
View Quote

FO2 let you pimp out your wife.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:16:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Finished the season last night. I really enjoyed it!

War never changes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
"Patrolling GD Almost Makes You Wish For a Nuclear Winter" - ARF mods
View Quote
They're working Sierra5 like he owes them money.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

Good catch.
View Quote

Whats the answer?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#49]
I don’t understand the whole “management vault”plot; are these the original junior executives that have been in stasis? If so, do they each take a turn and then die off? Or are they clones? If this guy is 200 years old and just now starting a family, he’s not gonna go back in the hibernation tank for the next iteration of their master plan, is he?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By BB:

I don’t understand the whole “management vault”plot; are these the original junior executives that have been in stasis? If so, do they each take a turn and then die off? Or are they clones? If this guy is 200 years old and just now starting a family, he’s not gonna go back in the hibernation tank for the next iteration of their master plan, is he?
View Quote

Overseer Dale Cooper did mention during Lucy's wedding feast that the next generation were going to be the ones to reclaim the surface (implying Lucy's children), so my guess is that the VaultTec executives are expecting to completely thaw out the whole board soon. If I had to guess, the lower ranking execs probably were pegged to "lead" the vaults while the majority are waiting for the surface to be colonized before defrosting.

Then there is Bud, who chose to become a pseudo Robobrain Jr. who will most likely live for centuries like that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 35
Fallout Amazon series (Page 1 of 35)
Top Top