[#1]
tennis balls
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Do the exercises wear good shoes and don't go barefoot

You will recover
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:29:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Frozen water bottle and roll your feet on it.  Also look up the stretches and do those a few times a day.  Continue doing that even when you feel better.  
My daughter had a case of this year from dance and ballet.  It took a few months to completely heal.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Been there, done that.  The worse part is when you think it's gone away.  All of a sudden the spikes start getting pounded back into your feet again for no apparent reason.  Stretches, arch supports, tylenol and booze seem to work best.  Harder drugs if you've got 'em.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:42:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: snubfan] [#5]
See a podiatrist if you don't get improvement via OTC orthotics and exercises. The doctor solved the pain problem for me with custom made orthotics (they are expensive, plus the cost of the medical exams/xrays, etc). Some have tried the Good Feet Store, but I have not.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:43:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Been dealing with it for a few weeks now. Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Vionic arch support shoes.   Right now
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Time for hokas with custom insoles.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 49north:
Do the exercises wear good shoes and don't go barefoot

You will recover
View Quote

This.

Did it a couple of years ago and working through it again. Worst case? Go get a cortisone shot.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Mrs Rabinowitz had a case of this late last year.

The treatment was a cortisone shot through the sole of her feed.

She’s a tough cookie. Never winced.

I’d end up curled in the corner crying like a small child.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:48:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: woodsie] [#11]
Attachment Attached File

Clifton series in particular.  Literally changed my life.  Went from extreme pain after half a mile to running my first half marathon ever in about a year.  Zero pain whatsoever now.

Oofos make some nice cushy sandals for around the house that also lighten the load on your feet.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I got the shots and it hasn’t come back in years.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Calf stretches and Brooks sneakers helped me through it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Got it pretty bad for about 6 months post covid when I was getting used to pounding the pavement to the office in dress shoes.  All I did was do some stretching and it eventually went away thankfully.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:56:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FG24U] [#17]
Originally Posted By woodsie:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/178958/1000007792_jpg-3186817.JPG

Clifton series in particular.  Literally changed my life.  Went from extreme pain after half a mile to running my first half marathon ever in about a year.  Zero pain whatsoever now.

Oofos make some nice cushy sandals for around the house that also lighten the load on your feet.
View Quote

Those are the same as what Biden has been wearing, eh?

Stretching and tennis/golf balls worked for me.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:57:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Mine passed without anything more than new insoles, not custom ones either.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Trail runner here and mine comes back.  What’s helped is using that scraping tool with some emollient cream just above the heel.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Lucky Shoes sells some inlays for about sixty bucks a set.

Not cheap but they made ALL pain disappear.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:04:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Fuck me. Couldn't walk when I got out of bed this morning.

I guess two weeks of crawling up and down over refrigerator sized rip rap to get in and out of the river to go fishing was too much.

This is some absolutely miserable shit.

Sent the wife to find some orthotics for the time being.

I haven't had this since I quit working 15 years ago.
View Quote

The only thing that works is surgery. Everything else is a bandaid. I had an outpatient procedure that cured me.

Look for someone who can perform Tenex.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Racket balls and superfeet insoles. I got it 4 years ago while training for the mammoth sniper challenge, went for weeks thinking I had stepped on a big rock or something and gotten a bruise on the sole of foot then I was listening to a podcast where the guest was describing having it and the symptoms. Fit me to a T so I’m passing his suggestions, worked for me.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:08:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Years ago, I did it all.  Podiatrist, cortisone shots, sole inserts.  They all worked for a little while, then it came back.

What actually cured it was the highest arch inserts I could get from New Balance.  They were about $40 each at the time, probably more now.  They last forever because they have a steel shank embedded.

I am to the point now I can wear shoes without inserts for extended periods of time because the arch supports from NB stretched the ligaments.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I would make fun of you but I’ve had a bad case myself… it’s turrible.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:12:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I had it for months. The stretches took it away in a day. Good luck, op.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:18:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By hrt4me:
tennis balls
View Quote
This and good shoes, supplements of magnesium. If you can wear Birkenstocks do. They're the ugliest shoes on the planet but they work.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:19:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Frozen water bottle, tennis ball or better yet, actual plantar fasciitis massage ball.  

Do the stretches.  Every hour or so.  Welcome to the club.  

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Fuck me. Couldn't walk when I got out of bed this morning.

I guess two weeks of crawling up and down over refrigerator sized rip rap to get in and out of the river to go fishing was too much.

This is some absolutely miserable shit.

Sent the wife to find some orthotics for the time being.

I haven't had this since I quit working 15 years ago.
View Quote

Dealing with my second bout of it, this time it has lasted more than 2 years-I just can’t seem to get ahead of it this time, last time it went 6-8 months.

Getting custom orthotic inserts helps a lot.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Good Feet Store insoles did wonders for me in just a few days
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#32]
I suffered with that for over a year, watched a bunch of YouTube videos from physical therapists and realized I had over tight calves, got a plastic wedge for stretching and issues went away.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:33:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: byron2112] [#33]
You gotta do stretches and massage with the water bottle dude... you gotta be delligent about it, morning and night every day.

Heat and ice after a day of work on my feets also helps when that shits flairing

You gotta buy decent shoes that fit like they're supposed to... for myself I find I can't get a good shoe for less than $100-150, that fits, wide and comfy sole and all that... no skimping or you'll pay in pain!
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#34]
As others have stated:

Roll a frozen water bottle, tennis ball or one of those bumpy massage balls along your foot arch
Do frequent calf stretches
Get shoe inserts with more arch support
Make sure you're stretching even after you heal up

Plantar Fasciitis is caused by inflammation or tearing of the tissue holding your foot arch tendons together. Hyperextending your foot can re-injure yourself.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Roll a frozen water bottle a few times a day. Green superfeet in your shoes. Wear them in your house shoes as well.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:35:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Square66] [#36]
Give it a little time.  Ice, cortisone injection, and rest.  You can try the shoe inserts.  They help some people but did nothing for me.  

Got tired of screwing with it and got the surgery done on one foot first and then the other when it flared up.  Glad I did.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#37]
It nailed me bad a couple of years ago. I was at SHOT standing to the side and trying to stretch out my legs so I could finish the day- a gent walked up and said “Plantar Facitis?” I told him I wasn’t sure and he said it was- he was a Podiatrist and had seen it a million times. He showed me 2 items that dealt with it.

Insoles

Sleeping splint

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 49north:
wear good shoes

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#39]
For severe flair ups and instant relief go on YT and look up how to tape up your feet. Get a roll of sports tape and follow the video. You will be amazed. That's the short term fix.

Long term go to a podiatrist and have him make you a set of custom orthotics.
I dealt with this hell for years. I learned to be very picky about what work boots I buy and once you find a pair that fits right (I tried over 20 pair at one time) with your custom orthotics stick with that exact size and style of shoe/boot.

After that I cut the UPC labels off the boot box and kept getting the same pair to make the next pair easier to replace and replaced them every year with new ones as once they stretch out they will not hold your foot correctly. Following this routine my ten years of foot pain hell finally went away.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:49:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: carcrazysammy] [#40]
I had actually scheduled surgery for mine. 3 surgeons were willing to work on mine, it was so bad. Thank god my GP recommended this brace saved me. No pain at all after wearing for 3 weeks. You wear it to bed. I wear it religiously. It really works.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Right there with ya, OP. I've had it for several months. Nothing is working.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Had it many years ago.  Did a lot of internet reading and advise from coworkers and all fixed up.
First thing was I bought a set of adjustable insoles.  Like these
I didn’t get the night brace, but I was very aware I needed to quit relaxing my foot at night and would correct when I woke throughout the night.  This was the one thing I think made the biggest difference.  
Rolled my foot on a tennis ball.
Placed a short 2X4 under my desk. Rested my toes on it when I sat at my desk.
Took a few months, but it finally went away.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ScottsGT:
Placed a short 2X4 under my desk. Rested my toes on it when I sat at my desk.
View Quote

I do this on the back cross bars when I'm at my computer desk. It really helps out.

I have it chronically. Has to do with ankle and nerve issues.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Try cracking a sesamoid. That was a whole new level of misery for months.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#45]
My wife was miserable with it.  Had the surgery.  Did the trick.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#46]
I've been dealing with it for 2-3 years. Like everyone said- stretch(Calves, and feet) , frozen water bottle, don't go barefoot (Vionics), SuperFeet insoles.

That's enough that I can generally get through my day, but it never quite goes away. I'll start feeling good, be able to walk a couple miles 2-3 times a week, then it starts hurting again.

I probably need the sleeping splint.

For the Calves, find the AthleanX video about how to stretch. It's a little different than what most people do.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#47]
I have fallen arches, and had it once when I was younger and orthotics help me get over it.

I got it again a few years ago, and these helped remedy it;

Treadlabs
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 2001WS6:
View Quote

Interesting you say that. I wasted thousands of dollars on different cures. None worked. Then I got a pair of Brooks G13's. Instant relief. Long out of production now. So I buy them used on eBay.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Stretching and fitted orthotics helped me.  Oh, and a bilateral knee replacement to cure my "altered gait"
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:09:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 2001WS6:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top