Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 4/16/2024 11:33:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LeadRX]
A female co-worker of mine was attacked by her instacart driver in her own driveway, there is security camera footage of him attempting to run her over with his car, then getting out and knocking her out cold and beating on her on her front porch.

There was a police report, there is footage, and instacart sent her an apology email.

How would she go about setting a lawsuit against instacart?

Update: Ok, some update here, apparently the guy was the boyfriend of the actual instacart driver, he was using her profile and car to make the deliveries and get paid. He has apparently fled to new haven according to his GF who spilled the beans to the cops.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#1]
There was a case down here where a Best Buy delivery guy murdered an old lady and set her on fire in her home while delivering a refrigerator.

Guy charged and convicted. Lady's family sued the sh#t out of Best Buy, JB Hunt (the contracted carrier), a subcontracted carrier, and both delivery drivers.

Lawsuit was later dropped by the family with prejudice with no public notice of reason. But it's not hard to imagine all parties and their insurance wrote big checks to make things go away and the family be quiet.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Do your own shopping, problem solved.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:24:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmishElectrician] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

There’s a valuable lesson here:    People are used to the idea that workers are going to act with restraint and civilized demeanor Because they are working and representing the Company.  

It’s not necessarily true at all, for contract workers on the fringe of society.   She assumed he was more than just a common criminal, but that was a mistake.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
Originally Posted By LeadRX:
Originally Posted By burnka871:
Wtf

Was the driver ...disrespected perhaps?

The dude delivered 6 bags of groceries to the wrong address, apparently her house is easily confused with her neighbors, when she went to get them the guy was leaving and she told him it was the wrong address. He didn’t take kindly to that and called her a stupid bitch and she said something along the lines of “get a real job asshole”, then he proceeded to try to run her over and beat the shit out of her.

She has a concussion, severely bruised face, and two cracked ribs from him kicking her while she was unconscious.

ETA: this happened in Waterbury.

There’s a valuable lesson here:    People are used to the idea that workers are going to act with restraint and civilized demeanor Because they are working and representing the Company.  

It’s not necessarily true at all, for contract workers on the fringe of society.   She assumed he was more than just a common criminal, but that was a mistake.

I read she that I was like wow damn shes got some balls to say exactly that to some lowly fuck that probably won't take too nicely even tho she's reacting to being called a bitch

When I was a Pickup manager at walmart every once in a while we had to call in to have a customer put on the naughty list for verbal threats disturbing the peace rants about walmart.(Yes I realize in this case this woman was NOT A CUSTOMER) "Getting a real job" was actually a somewhat common "threat" we had against our pickup associates with dissatisfied customers when their items were not available
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Man, I’m so pissed about this, my co-worker is a petite little lady, all I can imagine is this kind of shit happening to my wife. Though if it did, the last thing I would be looking for is a lawyer, well maybe a criminal defense one…
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Instacart hires the dumbest of the dumb in my area. We regularly get our neighbors orders and the few times I’ve used it to get our diapers delivered from Costco to keep my wife from going on a Costco shopping spree they brought the wrong size.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:32:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher214] [#6]
Man, I'm so pissed about this, my co-worker is a petite little lady, all I can imagine is this kind of shit happening to my wife. Though if it did, the last thing I would be looking for is a lawyer, well maybe a criminal defense one
View Quote

Let this be a lesson to your wife that yelling insults at random men is not wise.

Some women have been surrounded by decent men their entire life so they think they won't get hit, no matter how they act.  My ex GF had a smart mouth and it was never an issue for her growing up in small town Montana.  I took her to Jackson, MS on a trip and had a very serious talk with her ahead of time about making comments to strangers who are rude/acting stupid in public.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#7]
She should call the cops and insist they arrest instacart for assault.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Man, I’m so pissed about this, my co-worker is a petite little lady, all I can imagine is this kind of shit happening to my wife. Though if it did, the last thing I would be looking for is a lawyer, well maybe a criminal defense one…
View Quote

Aside from wanting to read instacart's apology email, I'm very curious about how exactly your coworker informed the driver he went to the wrong house.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:39:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GlockPride] [#9]
Did she use that special word?   The one that they can say to one another, but the moment someone else does the media says that the “offended” get a free pass?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SamBoga:
View Quote

Did you miss the part about the groceries being delivered to her house which was the wrong house?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:49:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By m200maker:
I sure wish an instacart driver would knock me unconscious and break my ribs. I’d be retired by the end of the week. Shit hurts but only for so long. She should get a personal injury lawyer.
View Quote

I like how the new American dream is to get clobbered by some business.

"Honey I got hit by a Tesla on autopilot this morning! We're retired now!"
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#12]

It appears so.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By zombievt:
At least he didn't shoot her dog.
View Quote
With that glawk switch and the extendo-clip, it woulda been the dog, house, neighbors house, a few cars....
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

Did you miss the part about the groceries being delivered to her house which was the wrong house?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Imzadi:
Originally Posted By SamBoga:

You have it backwards. They were her groceries, but the driver delivered them to her neighbor.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

She learned an important lesson about talking shit.  Some people walk around hoping for an opportunity to commit violence.
View Quote

This.

There are cultures which espouse extreme violence in response to any slight no matter how minor. Additionally, there are a lot just "lone wolf" crazy people running around.

"Talking shit" is just a bad idea in general but especially now. The co-worker is indeed the victim here, but at the same time, the incident could probably have been avoided if she had been smarter.

Is this particular woman a lefty by any chance? It seems that folks on the left have the hardest time with realizing that some cultures and  individual people are simply antisocial and looking for any excuse to perpetrate violence like this.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Wasn’t driving a yellow Porsche, was he?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Did she vote for this?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By GrinningDag:

View All Quotes
I sure wish an instacart driver would knock me unconscious and break my ribs. I’d be retired by the end of the week. Shit hurts but only for so long. She should get a personal injury lawyer.

Now I can finally work on that Jump to Conclusions mat idea I have!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#19]

The dude delivered 6 bags of groceries to the wrong address, apparently her house is easily confused with her neighbors, when she went to get them the guy was leaving and she told him it was the wrong address. He didn’t take kindly to that and called her a stupid bitch and she said something along the lines of “get a real job asshole”, then he proceeded to try to run her over and beat the shit out of her.

She has a concussion, severely bruised face, and two cracked ribs from him kicking her while she was unconscious.

View Quote

Waterbury has been a shithole since the 70's (I lived in Danbury, which was not a whole lot better)
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#20]
looks like she will soon be the new owner of instacart...
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By DoctorCAD:
I'd bet that she isn't getting anything from Instacart.  They aren't the drivers employer, they are just a website .

The driver is 109% responsible.
View Quote

Doesn’t mean the victim can’t sue and her lawyer(s) and get a judgement in front of a sympathetic jury
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Brutus_15:
I wonder if the driver is an employee or an independent contractor. Vicarious liability becomes a little tougher if they are an independent contractor. Think you’d have to prove he was a known shitbag before hiring.
View Quote

If they are like Uber or Lyft they will have done at minimum a motor vehicle check and a simple background check.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#23]
The driver must have had extremely low impulse control.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By GlockPride:
Did she use that special word?   The one that they can say to one another, but the moment someone else does the media says that the “offended” get a free pass?
View Quote

As far as I know, no, she isn’t that kind of person and apparently another witness corroborated her story precisely, though I was giving an abbreviated version of their exchange.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#25]

The guy fled and has yet to be apprehended.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LoBrau:

The prosecutor's office isn't already aware of this attempted murder? Did she not call the cops?

The guy fled and has yet to be apprehended.

I wonder if my mental image of said individual fits the actual person. Also he needs a lead injection
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By hhsmiley:

This.

There are cultures which espouse extreme violence in response to any slight no matter how minor. Additionally, there are a lot just "lone wolf" crazy people running around.

"Talking shit" is just a bad idea in general but especially now. The co-worker is indeed the victim here, but at the same time, the incident could probably have been avoided if she had been smarter.

Is this particular woman a lefty by any chance? It seems that folks on the left have the hardest time with realizing that some cultures and  individual people are simply antisocial and looking for any excuse to perpetrate violence like this.
View Quote

Actually no, she voted for trump and is proud of it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By GlockPride:
View Quote

Doesn’t matter if she did or didn’t.  She will be accused accordingly.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Wtf

View Quote

I'd bet a Franklin on it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By amendment:

I wonder if my mental image of said individual fits the actual person. Also he needs a lead injection
View Quote

I can tell you right now that the guy you are imagining is a spitting image of this dudes mugshot.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#30]

I can tell you right now that the guy you are imagining is a spitting image of this dudes mugshot.
View All Quotes

There is a mugshot?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#31]
She gonna be rich
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

I hope I may one day get punched in the face by a Coca Cola delivery truck driver on his route, or maybe get rear ended by a Goodyear semi.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Op
Get us the vid man
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#34]

She learned an important lesson about talking shit.  Some people walk around hoping for an opportunity to commit violence.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Op
Get us the vid man
View Quote

It happened last night, I’m making no promises but I’ll do my best to get a copy.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:32:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By DoctorCAD:
I'd bet that she isn't getting anything from Instacart.  They aren't the drivers employer, they are just a website .

The driver is 109% responsible.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:34:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chmodx] [#38]
Instacart will owe some sort of liability in this as the lady didn't order or have any contractual agreement with them.

He showed up at the wrong place, if she insulted him back so what.  That's protected speech and based on what we know doesn't warrant violence.

Guy was there on IC's operating service, and at the location negligently as it was an incorrect destination.

IC will pay something on this

Eta: my facts are backwards, I thought the location was misdeliver to her after initially reading one of the replies.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#39]

What kind of attorney should she get?
View Quote

Call some lawyers and ask.  Geeze.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#40]

It happened last night, I’m making no promises but I’ll do my best to get a copy.
View All Quotes
Op
Get us the vid man

If you don't secure this immediately it's going to vanish and you'll be left with nothing but your dick in your hands.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By silent_wolf:
looks like she will soon be the new owner of instacart...
View Quote

Nahhhh. OP will hire the wrong kind d of lawyer.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Call Morgan and Morgan.  They are pretty much in every state now.  They are the largest personal injury law firm in the US.  I'm sure they charge a premium for their services but they should be good at getting whatever is possible.

Assuming your state is correct.  https://www.forthepeople.com/office-locations/connecticut/norwalk/
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By fargo007:

You just need to get to the vehicle's insurance company, and that's apparently a done deal here.
View Quote
And the $50k liability limit that fucktwat has?  The company has deeper pockets.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:44:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Last year I was injured by our neighbor’s movers. They ran over our trash can.  I was asking for their insurance info when all they gave me was their business paperwork that didn’t match the name on the truck.  When I said “no I need your insurance card for the truck” their guy attempted to slam the semi truck door into my head. Luckily I was able to catch it with my arm but I had some serious shoulder pain for a while after.   Guy also growled and lunged at me like a dog.  

Anyway, in the end their insurance company did give me a settlement to cover medical and a little for my trouble.  I’m 99% sure the guy was working under the table but they still were liable.  The moving company didn’t care about any of this but their insurance company was very responsive.  

Scary part for me was that guy knew where I lived.  Unfortunately your coworker has the same problem.  

I hope the cops lock up the trash that did this to your coworker.  And I hope instacart comes through.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Baddy:

There was a case down here where a Best Buy delivery guy murdered an old lady and set her on fire in her home while delivering a refrigerator.

Guy charged and convicted. Lady's family sued the sh#t out of Best Buy, JB Hunt (the contracted carrier), a subcontracted carrier, and both delivery drivers.

Lawsuit was later dropped by the family with prejudice with no public notice of reason. But it's not hard to imagine all parties and their insurance wrote big checks to make things go away and the family be quiet.

View Quote
I'm the type of asshole who'd want that drug thru court.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:46:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: QwikKotaTx] [#46]
A quick Google search of this does not provide any hits. Crazy it's not blowing up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Neighbor had grocery delivery driver pull into her yard, all the way to the porch.  It was snowing, a heavy wet snow; probably about 3-4 inches of snow on the ground.  He got stuck.  We had to a 4 WD pickup and pull his ghetto ride out of her front yard.  Left huge ass ruts across her front yard as the ground was soft.  She was ready to blow a gasket pissed.  The homeboys explanation for driving across her yard - "I dinta wanna get my high tops wet."  He was an idiot, in every sense of the word.  She had her yard patched up by the store or the delivery service.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By chmodx:
Instacart will owe some sort of liability in this as the lady didn't order or have any contractual agreement with them.

He showed up at the wrong place, if she insulted him back so what.  That's protected speech and based on what we know doesn't warrant violence.

Guy was there on IC's operating service, and at the location negligently as it was an incorrect destination.

View Quote
Where did you people learn to read?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
Wtf

The dude delivered 6 bags of groceries to the wrong address, apparently her house is easily confused with her neighbors, when she went to get them the guy was leaving and she told him it was the wrong address. He didn't take kindly to that and called her a stupid bitch and she said something along the lines of "get a real job asshole", then he proceeded to try to run her over and beat the shit out of her.

Yeah that was an asshole thing to say, though he did kind of ask for it by calling her a stupid bitch.

Sounds like assholes collide here.

Not that his response was remotely acceptable, appropriate, or reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:53:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chmodx] [#50]
Originally Posted By QwikKotaTx:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By QwikKotaTx:
Originally Posted By chmodx:

I apologize. My facts are backwards, I thought the location was misdeliver to her after initially reading one of the replies.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top