Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/16/2024 6:53:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kc-coyote]
Newport Beach carnage as homeowner in $5million mansion shoots intruder who broke in with an accomplice at 4am while his family was sleeping - before second suspect 'commits suicide' after fleeing
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13315869/newport-beach-home-invasion-men-shot-police-respond.html

A shootout between a brave Newport Beach homeowner and two intruders has left one suspect dead and another severely wounded.
The homeowner opened fire early Tuesday morning when the two men stormed the $5million, 4,709 square-foot property while his family was sleeping.
Heavily-armed police arrived at the gated community off Newport Coast Drive and Pelican Hill Road after a 4.45am 911 call to find one suspect dead and another armed with a gun bleeding out in the middle of the street.

The deceased intruder was bizarrely found with a 'self-inflicted gunshot wound to his head' after fleeing the house, police said.

Investigators believe that the invasion was a 'targeted incident' between the suspects and the homeowners. It is unclear what their relationship is.

The suspect found in the street was taken to a nearby hospital. His condition is unclear.
His accomplice was discovered in nearby bushes and was pronounced dead at the scene.

OC homeowner shoots at home invasion suspects

UPDATE!
Intruder who stormed $7M mansion in ultra-posh Newport Beach gated community with accomplice who was shot dead by homeowner, is charged with felonies - as it's revealed they had guns, zip ties and rope
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13330321/Intruder-stormed-Newport-Beach-mansion-armed-guns-rope.html

The men who stormed into a Newport Beach, California mansion, earlier this week were armed with guns, zip ties and rope.
Andrew Miguel Rosas, 24, from Pomona was one of the duo who managed to break into the gated community in the early hours of Tuesday, allegedly with the intentions of carrying out a robbery.
His accomplice was fatally shot in the head, but both men were wearing dark clothing and masks when they were dropped off at the exclusive $7 million home in what appeared to be a carefully calculated home invasion according to Orange County Superior Court records, as seen by the LA Times.

Rosas was arrested on Tuesday and now faces charges of first-degree burglary, first-degree robbery, carrying a loaded firearm in public and conspiring to commit a crime - all felonies.
Investigators continue to remain tight-lipped as they try to piece together the events that unfolded just before 4:45am on Tuesday morning during what cops said was a 'targeted attack' at the two-story mansion on Vista Luci.

By the time police officers were on the scene, Rosas was discovered lying in the street with gunshot wounds, while a handgun was found nearby.
Located in the Newport Coast neighborhood, the 4,709-square foot home was being rented by a family of rich Chinese nationals, according to DailyMail.com sources with knowledge of the case.
Neighbors said they heard screams at the time the home invasion was taking place in the usually quiet cul-de-sac, which only has 10 other sprawling mansions.

'This is a targeted incident and it was isolated,' Newport Beach Police Sgt. Steve Oberon told Fox11, adding the family was not necessarily attacked for a robbery.

Sources with close knowledge of the situation told DailyMail.com the violent incident was in fact a kidnapping attempt.

This was not the first time an incident has occurred at the Vista Luci home.
Sources said the same suspects also attempted to accost the residents about 10 days earlier.

Newport Beach Police have declined to comment citing their ongoing investigation.
The man who shot the intruder, along with two women and a child, were evacuated from the home and were not injured, cops said.

'I just want to assure the Newport Beach residents that this is a safe community,' Oberon said. 'We know that there is a relationship between the two suspects and victims/the residents.'
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a happy ending to me
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Good thing he got out of the house before braining himself ehh?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Plot twist: the home owner is Corn Pop!

Corn Pop is a bad dude.   The thief realized he was royally fucked and decided to save himself from the wrath of Corn Pop.  

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By zach_:
Good thing he got out of the house before braining himself ehh?
View Quote

Yeah, that would be a king hell mess to clean up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#5]
FPNI
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#6]
4,709 sq-ft considered a mansion?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By hanschien:
View Quote

Fucking yes, player.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like home invasion gone right to me.  Homeowner safe 1 dead thug one with extra holes.  

And I’ll agree mighty fine not to brain himself in home.  

Wonder if it was supposed to be a hit and dude knew if he fucked it up his death would be worse?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By bologna:
View Quote

Originally Posted By skippycoop:
FPNI
View Quote

Originally Posted By constitutionlvr:
Sounds like home invasion gone right to me.  Homeowner safe 1 dead thug one with extra holes.  

And I’ll agree mighty fine not to brain himself in home.  

Wonder if it was supposed to be a hit and dude knew if he fucked it up his death would be worse?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

That depends. Is it 4700sf of builder grade orange peel or is it 4700sf in the Georgian style?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't understand 'Home invasion goes wrong'.

Homeowner is OK, invaders are dead.

Seems to me like it ended up just fine.

The suicide is bizarre, we'll see what the rest of the story is.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#12]
He was probably running away, tripped and ate the business end of the gun.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Mike_314:
I don't understand 'Home invasion goes wrong'.

Homeowner is OK, invaders are dead.

Seems to me like it ended up just fine.

The suicide is bizarre, we'll see what the rest of the story is.
View Quote

I updated the title to happy ending.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#14]
$5 million and look at the size of that lot.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Diabolical

/John wick
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#16]
That's some good shooting!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By mleaky:
View Quote

This, don't overthink it.  Probably like the guy in world War z, tripped and brained himself.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#18]
It is as it should be.  A happy ending.

Hopefully no (nuisance) civil suit  which are generally filed in hope of an out-of-court settlement.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I’m curious to know what does the home owner do for living…
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Good shoot, but not a very fancy place if you can't even step outside to piss without somebody seeing you.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:42:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks OP for posting a feel-good story.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:45:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nick_Adams] [#22]
Originally Posted By kc-coyote:
Newport Beach carnage as homeowner in $5million mansion shoots intruder who broke in with an accomplice at 4am while his family was sleeping - before second suspect 'commits suicide' after fleeing
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13315869/newport-beach-home-invasion-men-shot-police-respond.html

A shootout between a brave Newport Beach homeowner and two intruders has left one suspect dead and another severely wounded.
The homeowner opened fire early Tuesday morning when the two men stormed the $5million, 4,709 square-foot property while his family was sleeping.
Heavily-armed police arrived at the gated community off Newport Coast Drive and Pelican Hill Road after a 4.45am 911 call to find one suspect dead and another armed with a gun bleeding out in the middle of the street.

The deceased intruder was bizarrely found with a 'self-inflicted gunshot wound to his head' after fleeing the house, police said.

Investigators believe that the invasion was a 'targeted incident' between the suspects and the homeowners. It is unclear what their relationship is.

The suspect found in the street was taken to a nearby hospital. His condition is unclear.
His accomplice was discovered in nearby bushes and was pronounced dead at the scene.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/04/16/21/83728289-13315869-image-a-14_1713298164390.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/04/16/21/83728295-13315869-image-a-13_1713298108960.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-du-hznJ9A
View Quote

What does “targeted incident” mean?

Is the writer suggesting that the home invaders and the owner and/or family members were not strangers but had some sort of prior “relationship”?  …. E.g., home owner’s drug-dealing son had ripped off a couple of home boyz from da ‘hood, yo.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#23]
The important thing here is that the PO got to LARP.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

I always felt no house could ever be considered a mansion if the first thing you see when you pull up are garage doors.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

It’s a 5 million dollar house.  Go ahead and post your house chief.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:48:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Were the dead assholes in this country illegally? Other stats on the dead? Was faggotry involved?...
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:50:10 PM EDT
[#27]
The two crooks were lovers and seeing the other going down was just too much.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Nick_Adams:

Is the writer suggesting that the home invaders and the owner and/or family members were not strangers but had some sort of prior “relationship”?  …. E.g., home owner’s drug-dealing son had ripped off a couple of home boyz from da ‘hood, yo.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nick_Adams:
Originally Posted By kc-coyote:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/04/16/21/83728289-13315869-image-a-14_1713298164390.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/04/16/21/83728295-13315869-image-a-13_1713298108960.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-du-hznJ9A

Home invasions rarely happens to brain surgeons , astronauts… you got the picture
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Malhass:
I’m curious to know what does the home owner do for living…
View Quote

Or what he has on the Clintons.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By bologna:
View Quote

💯
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:58:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Lol.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Lol at $5m that is the poor part of Newport coast.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Home invasion isn’t the sort of thing you suicide over
Unless you’re worried that the owner now knows who you are…
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Did the authorities take the home owners guns and CCW away yet?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Best humble brag ever. 10/10, homie.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Cojach:
Lol at $5m that is the poor part of Newport coast.
View Quote

Yeah most homes in that area are $20million.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:00:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m200maker] [#37]
Originally Posted By Homernomer:

Fucking yes, player.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Homernomer:

Fucking yes, player.

Not a waterfront home with a view of the pacific. If it was the price would be double. I’ve been there. The homes are amazing
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#38]
In before ratards comment on California self-defense law without actually knowing what they're talking about.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

That depends. Is it 4700sf of builder grade orange peel or is it 4700sf in the Georgian style?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By HDLS:
In before ratards comment on California self-defense law without actually knowing what they're talking about.
View Quote

I wonder what was more effective the blunderbuss or the cannon loaded with cutlery.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:06:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nightstalker] [#42]
View Quote
Nice view of the ocean probably but on the smaller size home and lot.  Might get to belong to Newport Coast  (Pelican Hills) Country Club.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#43]
yup embarrassing, but fools are easily parted from their money.

Originally Posted By LRShooter:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By LRShooter:
View Quote

Very pricey area because its near the ocean.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Good thing it happened in Orange County
and not LA county..

LA DA Gascon would prosecute the home owner
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

It's a 5 million dollar house.  Go ahead and post your house chief.
View All Quotes

It's a 5 million dollar house.  Go ahead and post your house chief.
If you connect enough single wide trailers together it's easy to top that square footage.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:19:51 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

I was born and raised in Newport Beach. 5 million is not a lot of money for the area. Most of my mom's side of the family live in Newport Beach and Newport Coast.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By packinheavy:
If you connect enough single wide trailers together it's easy to top that square footage.  
View Quote

A lot of the rich guys on Arf like to make fun of single-wides, but a lot of those big babies are 18 foot wide now!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By mleaky:
View Quote

Vince foster killed himsrlf too
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top