Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 4/17/2024 2:21:18 PM EDT
I’m not talking about the 100% rated ones, be it legit or sketchy.
I mean in general.

When I was a little kid in the 70s there were a ton of veterans.
Guys in their 50s that had been in WWII.  Korean War vets.  Dudes in their 20s that had been in VN.  And a shit load of draftee and volunteer peacetime types.  Even one or two old timers with pre WWII service.

They would go a couple of hours away for VA care once in a while for stuff from their service time bugging them, like the hip with shrapnel in it, gut problems from when they were shot, getting some new hearing aids, etc.  And on occasion some old guy with no family going off to one of their rest homes.

Now, a benefit of retiring from military service is tricare medical coverage.  And it has copays, caps, etc.
Even then dental and eye are kind of weak.
I’m not talking about retirees.

I mean people that did like 3 years in Germany in the late 70s, or were in for 9 months in 1982 before a general discharge, etc. that weight 300 pounds and have heart failure, diabetes, and dialysis,
Or have severe COPD or lung cancer, or whatever having an expectation of all medical care for life from the VA.
That say stuff like “my only insurance is the VA”, or “I get all my care from the VA”.

Is it urban vs rural, black vs white, north vs south, crushing life vs suck at life, male vs female, …?
A lot of these people are old so it doesn’t just seem young vs old.
Although young seem more prone for working the 100% lottery than old.

I’m not looking for argument or debate.

Just what you have seen or think.

It was very clear when I enlisted in the 80s that lifelong medical care for everything and anything for life was not part of the deal, but others assume it is.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Having the best military is pretty beneficial to taxpayers, far more than welfare recipients.

Dont like it lower benefits and start a nationwide conscription.

I bet taxpayers will be thrilled when their kids are pulled out of college to serve a 24-36 month term.

View Quote

One of the few things these younger, woke, libtard, morons has right is being wise to the war machine.

There should be a civil war if a draft occurs. No Americans should die to line the pockets of global, elitist, scumbags.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Also maybe politicians should think twice about getting young men in half measured wars they dont intend to win if cost is your primary concern.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By tnaaron81:
We were at war for 20 years. I did 3 combat tours and got out after I missed the birth of my first child because I was in Iraq. I know reservists with 4+ combat tours. Do you think that’s easy on mind, body, careers and families? Heck, you come home and don’t even know the songs on the radio much less anything else. I’d rather pay our veterans than illegals and ghetto thugs that raise 15 kids to sign up for a gov check.
View Quote

Man, I’m sure glad they didn’t have a draft in my state l like they did yours.

Funny how fast the right turns woke when it comes to benefits long after a job they signed up for is over.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BoomFootShot:

Were you drafted, or did you voluntarily sign up?

Are you a woman who thinks she should get alimony for life after a divorce?

You signed up for a physical job. You got coverage while you worked. Why do you expect more?  You worked and got coverage. You no longer do the job, but still want benefits.

That definitely falls under the woke umbrella.

So the only thing left for you to trot out is appeal to emotion. “I served my country!”  Sorry, invading other countries, by the order or devil worshipping liars, isn’t serving our country.
View Quote

It was in his contract they offered at the time of his enlistment. I'd like to see you take an IQ test.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Funny how fast the right turns woke when it comes to benefits long after a job they signed up for is over.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
We were at war for 20 years. I did 3 combat tours and got out after I missed the birth of my first child because I was in Iraq. I know reservists with 4+ combat tours. Do you think that’s easy on mind, body, careers and families? Heck, you come home and don’t even know the songs on the radio much less anything else. I’d rather pay our veterans than illegals and ghetto thugs that raise 15 kids to sign up for a gov check.

Not only VA benefits but they'll give you silly certificates as well. Have you ever heard of the Pose method of running?

https://www.cool.osd.mil/army/index.html
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#6]
When you sign and do your duty for the country no matter how much you  disagree with the administration and come back from combat alive but injured in the line of duty you should get compensated for the years and pain and suffering you endure with less life than normal because of the hazardous duties and chemicals you are exposed to. People that join and are not hurt are few. You think getting va compensation is easy you are delusional.  They reject legitimate claims every day. VA is inept and wrong on so many levels. Just because you play call of duty don't make you a soldier. What veterans have seen and done are more unbelievable than you can imagine. We wouldn't believe it either but we were there and did and saw
Things.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#7]

You signed up for a physical job. You got coverage while you worked. Why do you expect more?  You worked and got coverage. You no longer do the job, but still want benefits.

So the only thing left for you to trot out is appeal to emotion. “I served my country!”  Sorry, invading other countries, by the order or devil worshipping liars, isn’t serving our country.
View Quote

Getting contractual benefits is definitely woke. Hopefully you never retire. Retirement is woke, too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#8]
My grandfather served in WW2. 30% disability rating from gun shot wound residuals. he went to the VA every year for his annual checkup and had all of his prescriptions filled by the VA.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

I'm going to say this again. It is a benefit that you are told about when you join.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By feetpiece:
It's a pretty simple contract with Uncle Sugar:

https://media1.tenor.com/m/zknS4mjHfHcAAAAC/break-you.gif
View Quote

And the recruiting office was open to everyone
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Friend's grandpa was WW2 vet and going to VA before he died.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By FDC:

If you have never heard the often touted and very incorrect phrase 'free medical for life', you have either been living under a rock bigger than Mount Everest, are deliberately trolling, or are flat out lying.  Possibly all three.

I call bullshit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FDC:
Originally Posted By ramairthree:

But, in the last several years I have come across veterans and non veterans who are:
pissed/mad that just any veteran can’t use, say the ER, clinics, and hospital on a military base when this was always clearly a retiree benefit

Expect the VA to cover all their primary care, non .mil related stuff like having babies, all the regular aging stuff, all the self inflicted stuff like COPD, accidents, etc. when this was all clearly an expectation of service connected or 100%

Thought all their prescriptions would be free for life for regular aging, inherited stuff, etc.

If you have never heard the often touted and very incorrect phrase 'free medical for life', you have either been living under a rock bigger than Mount Everest, are deliberately trolling, or are flat out lying.  Possibly all three.

I call bullshit.

I call bullshit on your bullshit call because it happens. Just because you suck at playing the game, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:38:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Sparky:
I never used the VA until Obamacare jacked up my health insurance. I used to have employer provided healthcare but that got so expensive I finally signed up for VA. At my income I still pay pretty good copays but I don't have a montly premium. Insurance for my son through the marketplace.
View Quote

That definitely plays a role. I had lunch with an Army vet today who dropped his private insurance. He used the VA for everything and his wife and daughter use champVA
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:41:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevenH] [#14]
Something to keep in mind is if you have private insurance, the VA bills your private insurance for any treatment they provide to you
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:44:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 30calTBLkid] [#15]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:
I don't know, but the costs are completely out of control.

Next years VA budget will be 400 billion, or roughly half the cost of the entire military. To put it in perspective Medicaid is 800bn and takes care of 30x as many people.
View Quote

Of that 400 billion, $112B is for medical care.  The rest is split between pensions/disability payment, cemeteries, and O&M expenses.  Pensions and disability payments alone are over $210 Billion.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:57:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CTM1] [#17]
Originally Posted By SiVisPacem:

If he was drawing more than $1,000 a month, it was for more than hearing loss. Recurrent tinnitus only gets a 10% rating and a 10% rating currently only gets $171.23 a month. He would have to had serious hearing issues, such as hearing impairment with vertigo at least once a month for him to get over $1,000 just for hearing problems. Chances are, he didn't share all of his medical history with you, just the part about why he went to the VA in the first place.

As for proof, there are some conditions which are presumptive. For example, if you were deployed to the Middle East during the GWOT or Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War, certain types of cancer are automatically considered service-related due to exposure to toxic chemicals, such as burn pits, Agent Orange, or just the nasty ass air in those parts of the world. You may have exacerbated it because you chose to smoke, but the VA is required by law to assume responsibility for it because the government sent you to nasty ass places. I imagine a sailor whose records show he held a rating which would put him in close proximity to engines during the 1950's would be presumed to have been exposed to loud ass engines in a confined space.
View Quote

As far as my old friend Bill and what he said regarding the dollar denomination of his disability check was, all I can say is I knew the man since I was a little kid and he was always pretty square with me regrading his health issues and his financial situation. Even discussed it at length with his sister before and after his death and she was not aware that he claimed any other medical issues.

Again, my surprise is simply being able to go to the VA and make a claim so many decades later but I hear what you and others are saying.

Oh and the Nam vet neighbor who got Bill hooked up with the VA pulled something that I have mentioned in threads like this before and it still pisses me off as his feeling of entitlement.

He was weed whacking his lawn without eye protection at his weekend country home and something went into his eye. He went to the local hospital which was not a VA hospital and they did what they did for him. At the end they handed him a bill and he told them he was not paying as he was a Veteran. The hospital explained to him that they were not a VA hospital and he was required to pay his bill. They told him if he needed care under the VA he should have gone to the VA hospital (100 miles away). He told them he did not care and to send the bill to the VA and walked out. I told him straight out that the tax payers should not have to pay for your stupidity especially given you have money. He got his shorts in a bunch over it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By CTM1:

As far as my old friend Bill and what he said regarding the dollar denomination of his disability check was, all I can say is I knew the man since I was a little kid and he was always pretty square with me regrading his health issues and his financial situation. Even discussed it at length with his sister before and after his death and she was not aware that he claimed any other medical issues.

Again, my shock is in being able to go to the VA and make claims so many decades later but I hear what you are saying.

Oh and the Nam vet neighbor who got Bill hooked up with the VA pulled something that I have mentioned in threads like this before and it still pisses me off as his feeling of entitlement.

He was weed whacking his lawn without eye protection at his weekend country home and something went into his eye. He went to the local hospital which was not a VA hospital and they did what they did for him. At the end they handed him a bill and he told them he was not paying as he was a Veteran. The hospital explained to him that they were not a VA hospital and he was required to pay his bill. They told him if he needed care under the VA he should have gone to the VA hospital (100 miles away). He told them he did not care and to send the bill to the VA and walked out. I told him straight out that the tax payers should not have to pay for your stupidity especially given you have money. He got his shorts in a bunch over it.
View Quote

Yeah, that's fucked up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Again, my shock is in being able to go to the VA and make claims so many decades later but I hear what you are saying.

View All Quotes

If he was drawing more than $1,000 a month, it was for more than hearing loss. Recurrent tinnitus only gets a 10% rating and a 10% rating currently only gets $171.23 a month. He would have to had serious hearing issues, such as hearing impairment with vertigo at least once a month for him to get over $1,000 just for hearing problems. Chances are, he didn't share all of his medical history with you, just the part about why he went to the VA in the first place.

As for proof, there are some conditions which are presumptive. For example, if you were deployed to the Middle East during the GWOT or Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War, certain types of cancer are automatically considered service-related due to exposure to toxic chemicals, such as burn pits, Agent Orange, or just the nasty ass air in those parts of the world. You may have exacerbated it because you chose to smoke, but the VA is required by law to assume responsibility for it because the government sent you to nasty ass places. I imagine a sailor whose records show he held a rating which would put him in close proximity to engines during the 1950's would be presumed to have been exposed to loud ass engines in a confined space.

And that is yet another example of the FSA entitlement that I’ve seen quite often.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MilitaryJoe:
I just had some parts replaced in my ankle last month at the V.A hospital. Was injured in service. Also in the past had some shoulder, neck and hand surgeries all at the V.A and all due to injuries I received in the military. Physical therapy too. Guess I should have just not went in and drank water and drove on huh? Just fuck me for getting injured and needing after care I guess.

Maybe i'm just to woke lol.

Hilarious
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

If you’ve seen your VA doctor during the last 24-months you can get emergency care at any hospital and have them bill the VA.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By GenYRevolverGuy:

I have two 0% conditions. I doubt I'll do anything with them, but they occasionally annoy me, and at least they're on paper.

I have a couple of conditions that have actual values. One of those is definitely getting worse. I don't want to go back and play VA games for re-evaluation, but I might have to in the next year or three.
View Quote

If it's starting to become a problem set up an appointment with a a group like the D.A.V. and get them to review your records.  I'm glad I did it at T.A.P.S. on A.D. and followed up on terminal with the V.A.  They can see what the V.A. might authorize,  and kind of softly guide you.

I did my 12, and then rolled into Fed service for another 8. I had decent insurance off and on since.  Like a lot of people,  the job that you work offers shit insurance at a $$$ premium since Obama "fixed" things.

It finally got so bad , that I had to swallow my pride and use my VA bennifits. My last pair of service issued glassed broke and they were way out of date, and since I'm now a working poor, I swallowed my pride at the behest of a Vietnam family freind and called to schedule an eye exam.  Like 4 months out when I started,  in the interm, other things started happening.

Remember, I just wanted some new peepers. I was inundated with phone calls,  Mr. Bgrhammer we need to schedule this that and another thing. Got my BCG's for $35, used the prescription they gave me to buy some fashion frames. And then got seen by a primary and got some vitamins and arthritis drugs. Now I got a referral for something outside of the VA, imaging or something like that and they are more aggressive than them. Robocall's that increased to every 2 hours fom 9-6 until I finally answered and jumped through their automated system.

If I wasn't working poor with no other option,  I wouldn't use it. Not that it's bad service,  I have a fairly new clinic about an hour south of me and it's a pretty nice facility. It was just kind of a personal thing, if it wasn't part of my rating. I didn't think it was covered, but I am damn glad to have that blanket now!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By StevenH:

If you’ve seen your VA doctor during the last 24-months you can get emergency care at any hospital and have them bill the VA.
View Quote

Curious, wasn't what you stated something that came about over the last 15 to 20 years?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Curious, wasn't what you stated something that came about over the last 15 to 20 years?
View Quote

Probably. But your neighbor sounds like a crazy old person that doesn't know how things work.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:12:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Also remember there was a DRAFT.  Different perspectives possibly from draftees and volunteers
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:13:27 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevenH:

No idea. Probably even more recently
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:14:50 PM EDT
[#27]
If you are outside the USA only treatment for service connected conditions are covered. Unless you go to the VA clinic in Germany or Manila.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Take care of our veterans who have real issues.

I refuse to use the VA for medical care. Other guys did a lot more and suffered more, I don’t want to clog up the system with my bullshit. I can work a job and use private insurance instead.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#29]
All soldiers who fought in the Continental Army during revolutionary way, received half pay for life after the war.

A country paying finial benefits to those who have served it is the historic norm, not the exception.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By STRIKE504:
Also maybe politicians should think twice about getting young men in half measured wars they dont intend to win if cost is your primary concern.
View Quote

And the same good citizens who bitch about benefits paid to veterans are the first ones to wave the flag and tie yellow ribbons on everything.

Don't want to pay for a war?    Don't process the war!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By alligator94:
To be fair in this thread I learned that the VA budget is almost 400 billion a year. Others have pointed out that veterans could get better care and save the tax payers almost 200 billion if instead of the VA they went to normal health care/insurance funded by the gov. From a numbers perspective it's a big issue. However, no one wants the bad optics of "targeting wounded vets" so the government program continues to grow.
View Quote

As has been pointed out before,  the VA administers multiple programs outside of health care. Those loans and G.I. bills etc. are all in their operating budget.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Anyone opposed to Veterans getting
Healthcare should run down to the nearest recruiting station and signup....
I did Multiple Iraq tours in combat.
Doing Infantry stuff day after day takes a toll on your Body and Soul.
Don't bitch if you have never experienced  the suck.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By PeepEater:

The right tends to dislike government programs that cost billions with no clear benefit to taxpayers.
View Quote

Veterans don't pay taxes?  Somebody inform the IRS.

Hell, this year they told me to just make the check payable to Zelinsky.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Most on the right would say a decent benefits package for service members is a good thing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:20:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah, I volunteered to serve my nation,my first enlistment that began my DOD career was under President Reagan,  but it was with the understanding that if I end up FUBAR, they'll take care of me. I  would gladly trade my VA 100% permanent and total disability pay to get my health back. What happened to me was completely avoidable and occurred solely due to gross command negligence at the highest levels coupled with the fog of war and all that. I'd do it again. And Again. And again. Did Iraq suck harder than a new Dyson? Yes, but the love of my brothers in arms made it endurable. I believed in the mission.  I am now compensated financially and medically for what I continue to endure daily, and I'm OK with that.

If you're in this thread bitching about the cost of VA healthcare and you gave eff all of yourself to serving your country, please feel personally invited to go kick rocks, pound sand, or enjoy a bowl of richards, and not necessarily in that order.

I generally loathe these threads, volatility multiplies rapidly.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Gilly:

I don't know a single veteran that feels that way.  Every veteran I know that has VA health care also has a service-connected disability.  Everyone else has Tricare for Life as a retiree or has no disability and employer-based health care like I do.
View Quote

That has been my experience and why I asked.
Because there is a large subset of veterans that do.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Veterans started expecting it when we used Agent Orange and toxic burn pits.

If you mess me up for life you are going to take care of me for life. That's pretty much already established law, why you don't think it applies to Governement is beyond me.

While I agree there is some abuse but seeing the agony Agent Orange put on my Uncle it's a worthwhile trade off.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:48:46 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Huh... I must have missed the briefing that stated that all of my chronic injuries caused by the Army went away as soon as I retired...
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:11:16 PM EDT
[#39]
To fight who exactly? The Russians and Chinese aren't exactly lining up to shell our shores.

Our military is oversized and we spend way too much on it. It gets us into more conflicts than we otherwise would, this is the exact reason the founding fathers opposed a standing army. We didn't listen, and now the American taxpayer is on the hook for being the world police.

Neo-Con's on the other hand love it. Spend spend spend. Pump up that Boeing and Lockmart stock while their constituency drapes themselves in the flag at every corner. And we wonder why we're in an authoritarian police state now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Originally Posted By PeepEater:

The right tends to dislike government programs that cost billions with no clear benefit to taxpayers.
Having the best military is pretty beneficial to taxpayers, far more than welfare recipients.

Dont like it lower benefits and start a nationwide conscription.

I bet taxpayers will be thrilled when their kids are pulled out of college to serve a 24-36 month term.

To fight who exactly? The Russians and Chinese aren't exactly lining up to shell our shores.

Our military is oversized and we spend way too much on it. It gets us into more conflicts than we otherwise would, this is the exact reason the founding fathers opposed a standing army. We didn't listen, and now the American taxpayer is on the hook for being the world police.

Neo-Con's on the other hand love it. Spend spend spend. Pump up that Boeing and Lockmart stock while their constituency drapes themselves in the flag at every corner. And we wonder why we're in an authoritarian police state now.

Lol the Founding Father opposed a Standing Army because it was a threat to Freedom. They figured sooner or later it would be used on the populace.

I also count the Police as part of the Standing Army.

Freedom, true freedom is not a safe place. But I'll take it over the current state of affairs.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:35:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By eviioiive:
Or fighting the VA to get a cpap…

You don’t have apnea from 4 years of service 30 years ago. It’s because you’re old and fat.

View Quote

Bullshit, I'm 45 about to retire Militarily and 5'10" weigh between 165 to 170 pounds and I most definitely developed sleep apnea during Military Service.

I'm possible in better physical shape than most of GD. I just got a 92 on my fitness assessment. That still doesn't mean I don't have problems breathing because of what I was exposed to.

You wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air and see how funny it is.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:37:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

Some people that med board are going to have post privileges. Even people that have a rated service related condition may.
View Quote

Thanks, appreciate the info

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By pdm:

Yup.  I believe that if all my disability ratings are added up I'm at something like 240%.  In addition to those injuries that I have ratings there are associated injuries that I get a 0% rating. For example I have TBI for which IIRC got a 70% rating. Subsequent to that injury I also have Jacksonian seizures but they're not bad enough to effect my daily life so no rating. It's good that they're noted though because when I do start drooling it's open up treatment a bit quicker.

The VA also looks at "systems". In my case my right leg from hip down is pretty fucked. Ankle surgeries, blown out knee and total hip replacement. These injuries each were rated at like 20 or 30% each but because they're all on one leg the total disability rating was 30%.
View Quote

Wow, very interesting and hope you never enter the drooling stage.

I’ve seen that before with a guy in my unit. We had several involuntarily medical chaptered out after the deployment. One really didn’t want to leave the unit and he’d drop by every once in awhile.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:53:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Clarinath:

10%

Explosions and machine guns are hell on the ears…
View Quote

Buddy of mine, he’s been on ARF for 25 years has had no luck getting hearing approved with V.A. Talked to him over the phone last month and he’s still pretty unhappy about that, need to checkk up on him this month
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:55:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#45]
I didn't start receiving benefits from the VA until thirteen years after discharge.

Overall, and for what they've treated me for plus labs and semiannual exams I rate them on this end as good to very good.

A solid 4.5 out of 5 star rating.
I have a semi annual exam next Tuesday.
My doctor is very good especially after the one from India.

Sometimes dealing with him and his basically socialist views were not invigorating.

A couple of the nurses and female technicians look pretty good as an added bonus too.

Get out here in the country and if you can because this is the way to go.

Much better during the lock down as well.

I try to stay ahead in the game if I can.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

Buddy of mine, he’s been on ARF for 25 years has had no luck getting hearing approved with V.A. Talked to him over the phone last month and he’s still pretty unhappy about that, need to checkk up on him this month
View Quote

Depending on MOS (I think) and nature of service it's basically a freebee these days.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:58:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:

Depending on MOS (I think) and nature of service it's basically a freebee these days.
View Quote

I don’t want to @ him in case he’s not wanting to be identified but I’ll text him the thread. I appreciate all the info in the thread, hopefully it can help other vets, definitely a bunch of info io never knew
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:01:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#48]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

Combat arms and your basically in when it comes to running and humping later on disability wise. Disabilities such as a fucked up back, neck, or compressed spine are much easier to prove than say a baker. My wife's nephew was in the Marine Corps and fucked up his knee out at Pendleton on orders when I believe he had a light duty waiver as an armorer but they still made him go anyway. However, his current condition doesn't look that bad to me. 3,000 a month, plus medical, and prescriptions.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:07:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Do we have to abolish it so we can provide medical to more illegal aliens?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:08:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By SAE:

Combat arms and your basically in when it comes to running and humping later on disability wise. Disabilities such as a fucked up back, neck, or compressed spine are much easier to prove than say a baker. My wife's nephew was in the Marine Corps and fucked up his knee out at Pendleton on orders when I believe he had a light duty waiver as an armorer but they still made him go anyway. However, his current condition doesn't look that bad to me. 3,000 a month, plus medical, and prescriptions.
View Quote

Doesn't sound uncommon for the Marines.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Top Top