Posted: 4/19/2024 9:15:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thesilvercord]
Joe Rogan Experience #2138 - Tucker Carlson

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By heavily_armed:

Where did this expectation come from?

The only reasonable thing to expect, would be for you to take your wisdom to a different thread where it might be more appreciated.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RikWriter:
Stop liking what I don't like! REEEE!!!!

Like whatever you want.  Just don't expect me to agree with you.

Where did this expectation come from?

The only reasonable thing to expect, would be for you to take your wisdom to a different thread where it might be more appreciated.

Oh and BTW, since you've forgotten how the thread started, it wasn't a "Tucker is great" thread, it was a "Tucker's interview was bugfuck nuts" thread.  YOU are actually the one who's in the wrong thread so according to your own twisted version of logic, you should be the one to find another thread where your "wisdom" would be more appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#2]

No, you're simply full of it.  Your ignorance and disrespect for your intellectual and moral betters is frankly disgusting.
View Quote

Do wear an ascot?

Reading your post I'm picturing you with an ascot.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#3]

It's very possible to view the world through a Biblical lens and not say things like "UFOs are demons."
View Quote

I am at the 1:27 mark in the podcast.

Can you give me a time index for when this was said?

Even a rough estimate, to within 5 or 10 minutes.  TIA.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#4]

No, because it's idiotic.  Do you think we'd all still be having this kerfluffle if the pro-Tucker people had responded without hyperbole?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:
Originally Posted By AdLucem:

I find Tucker Carlson interesting to listen to.  That's pretty much as far as it goes.  If he says something I might happen to disagree with (or maybe don't understand where he's even coming from) I don't have an Aspergers-inspired meltdown and decide that he needs to be destroyed.

But yeah--I'm "freaking rediculous".

It is interesting to see people actually invent behavior so they can attack and insult them...  Please show us where you have witnessed an "Aspergers-inspired meltdown" or where anyone has decided tucker needs to be destroyed."

It's called hyperbole.  Specifically hyperbole for comic effect.  

Try it sometime.

No, because it's idiotic.  Do you think we'd all still be having this kerfluffle if the pro-Tucker people had responded without hyperbole?

lol.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Do wear an ascot?

View All Quotes

No, you're simply full of it.  Your ignorance and disrespect for your intellectual and moral betters is frankly disgusting.

Do wear an ascot?

Whatever turns you on, but you should really keep that kind of shit to yourself.  Sort of like if you believe UFOs are demons.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#6]
The guy is entertaining, but he's about as genuine as a dude with a dick and a wig calling himself "ma'am". Anything he does is to generate clicks and get paid.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Oh and BTW, since you've forgotten how the thread started, it wasn't a "Tucker is great" thread, it was a "Tucker's interview was bugfuck nuts" thread.  YOU are actually the one who's in the wrong thread so according to your own twisted version of logic, you should be the one to find another thread where your "wisdom" would be more appreciated.
View Quote

See?  You can do hyperbole!  It's just that your perceptions are wildly off the mark.  Give it another go, whenever the opportunity presents.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:00:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RikWriter] [#8]
Originally Posted By kozaki:

View All Quotes

It's very possible to view the world through a Biblical lens and not say things like "UFOs are demons."

He says they're supernatural and serving a bad force.  Draw your own fucking conclusions.

When Tucker Carlson Changed His Mind on Aliens
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:00:46 PM EDT
[#9]

See?  You can do hyperbole!  It's just that your perceptions are wildly off the mark.  Give it another go, whenever the opportunity presents.
View All Quotes

No, sorry, you're still wrong.  Seems to be hard for you to get over the whole thing where you're simply wrong.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Whatever turns you on, but you should really keep that kind of shit to yourself.  Sort of like if you believe UFOs are demons.
View All Quotes

Do wear an ascot?

I have no basis to conclude that UAP are demonic.  I'd have to look at the hard data.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:02:38 PM EDT
[#11]

I have no basis to conclude that UAP are demonic.  I'd have to look at the hard data.
View All Quotes

Do wear an ascot?

What hard data are you going to look at?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigBurkeyBoy:

Was that my "only point"?  I actually cited the 2 loudest grievances I have heard underpinning the rabid Tucker hate--which is mostly sprung from rehashing leftist talking points.

Now maybe you can tell me how you know so very much about how ALL talking heads are exactly the same and ALL of them have EXACTLY the same need for attention.   Because that is fucken retarded.  Listen to the interview with Chris Cuomo Tucker did.  Now THAT was an  interview with an intellectually-adrift narcissistic prick.  Tucker--not so much.

All the talking heads ever?  No.  George Will, William F Buckley JR, Charles Krauthammer...all great thinkers with real ideas, aimed at real solutions.  Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity?  Not so much.

The people you named are all old guard controlled opp cuckservatives who failed to conserve a damn thing, so much for their real solutions.

/

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:03:29 PM EDT
[#13]

He says they're supernatural and serving a bad force.  Draw your own fucking conclusions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDmdREn7VDo
View All Quotes

I might draw different conclusions than you--because I also see the world through a biblical lens.  So there is that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Do wear an ascot?

View All Quotes

Do wear an ascot?

Imagine trying to criticize someone while you're defending a grown ass man that wore a bow-tie for a significant part of his career.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Do wear an ascot?

Good for you.  You identified the joke.  You're getting better at this all the time.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:04:48 PM EDT
[#16]

I might draw different conclusions than you--because I also see the world through a biblical lens.  So there is that.
View All Quotes

No, the lens you're seeing through isn't exactly Biblical.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:05:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Good for you.  You identified the joke.  You're getting better at this all the time.
View All Quotes

Do wear an ascot?

No, dude, you're even horrible at being a condescending prick.  Just take out the condescension and I think you'll have it nailed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:

Imagine trying to criticize someone while you're defending a grown ass man that wore a bow-tie for a significant part of his career.

https://i.imgur.com/BRe3rzg.jpeg

View Quote

I know.  I used to think that he was a pompous asshole in those days.  But my ideas aren't fixed--and I am willing to listen to what another person has to say, which is why I enjoy listening to him now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:08:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eight_Ring] [#19]

No, dude, you're even horrible at being a condescending prick.  Just take out the condescension and I think you'll have it nailed.
View All Quotes

Do wear an ascot?

Shall I call you "My Liege"...M'liege?

lol.

Dude--try to get over yourself.  Just try.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Shall I call you "My Leige"...M'leige?

View All Quotes

Do wear an ascot?

I'd rather you didn't call me at all, given that you get off on picturing me wearing an ascot.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:12:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eight_Ring] [#21]

I'd rather you didn't call me at all, given that you get off on picturing me wearing an ascot.
View All Quotes

Do wear an ascot?

OK.  Now you're engaged in "Closeted Homosexual Projection"--which is completely different than the other thing--whatever it was.

ETA:  Alas, I must run errands.  Hopefully when I get back the thread derail has corrected itself.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Yes, please share this with us...
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Boy, there are some mighty hurt asses in a thread about *checks thread title* an entertainer interviewing another entertainer.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By macman37:
Boy, there are some mighty hurt asses in a thread about *checks thread title* an entertainer interviewing another entertainer.
View Quote

People sure do get riled up over goofy shit, be it IPAs, phones or entertainers.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:15:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eight_Ring] [#25]

View Quote

Good.  You scoreed a perfect 100 on processing that intentionally ironic remark too!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#26]

OK.  Now you're engaged in "Closeted Homosexual Projection"--which is completely different than the other thing--whatever it was.

ETA:  Alas, I must run errands.  Hopefully when I get back the thread derail has corrected itself.
View Quote

Says the guy who just accused a member of wearing an ascot... You really can't make this stuff up.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:17:19 PM EDT
[#27]

OK.  Now you're engaged in "Closeted Homosexual Projection"
View All Quotes

Do wear an ascot?

OK.  Now you're engaged in "Closeted Homosexual Projection"

Actually no, that would be another lie.  You sure lie a lot for someone who supposedly sees the world through a Biblical lens.
I never brought up and don't honestly care what you look like. I'd never go through the trouble of imagining you doing or wearing anything.  That's all you bud.  If there're any closets around here, they're in your house.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Good.  You scoreed a perfect 100 on processing that intentionally ironic remark too!
View All Quotes

"I said something stoo-pid so it must be ironic!  Duurrrr..."
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Irony? perhaps... weak attempt at a clean-up? more likely.  but I tend to be a linear thinker, so there's that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By macman37:
View Quote

I doubt anyone would have been that riled up if they didn't consider Tucker Carlson a champion for conservatism.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:24:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#31]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By pineywoodsbuck:

Every Bible-believing Christian knows what these aliens are, they are demonic creatures- if you people would accept Christ and have their hearts changed, they would see the light and would no longer live in darkness.
Demons are real, as real as you and me- it's amazing how you see the darkness of this world and the truth of scripture when you are born again. When you're not, you're just aimlessly walking about believing in nothing. Everything bigger than you is BS.  
View Quote

look man, not everything you don't understand is a demon.  there are hundreds of cases of weird shit that has happened in history that are not tied to religion as we know it.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:28:13 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

You're deliberately misrepresenting what he said.

Aren't you a working, published writer?   Why would a person with your credentials need to utilize the strawman fallacy tactic?

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By brass:

UFOs are real, the best description of the entities is what would be described as "Demons" in biblical descriptions, complete disregard for human life.  

Read "American Cosmic" by Diane Pasulka to get more of an idea than a single sentence of "UFOs are demons -- and that is wrong!"

She's a biblical scholar who was looking at miracles and ended up in the realm of UFOs, which the Catholic church also recognizes.   There are a few interviews with her on YouTube if you want the Cliff's notes on how she went from researching saints to questioning the reality we're told we live in.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:
No one's outraged.  People are mocking Tucker for being a kook, not angry at him for it.  And no, not even falling-down drunk have I ever said I believed 9-11 was an inside job or aliens were demons.

Originally Posted By azarak512:
You completely missed my point

No, RikWriter was exactly On the Point.

Tucker Carlson isn't very bright & will 100% spout whatever he thinks will make him fame & money.  (See Dominion Voting Vs. Fox News). He is a Con-servative. That some people love Tucker because they really believe "He's 'One Of Us!".  These same people who are convinced the bar tender thinks their stories are 'interesting' & that strippers really like them.

Bigger_Hammer

And you know this how?

Because you read text messages from the Dominion case about him hating Donald Trump and being happy that he can stop talking about Donald Trump 24/7?

Or is he "not very bright" because he is against the creation of an endless money trench for no reason which actually makes sense or benefits the interest of average Americans in one of the most corrupt nations in Europe, namely Ukraine?

It's funny how the Tucker defenders ignore the really crazy shit he says for cherry-picked examples that fit their politics.
"Oh, you must be a Uke-bro because you make fun of Tucker Carlson for saying that the US was evil to drop the A bombs on Japan or because he thinks flying saucers are demons."

You sound freaking ridiculous.

UFOs are real, the best description of the entities is what would be described as "Demons" in biblical descriptions, complete disregard for human life.  

Read "American Cosmic" by Diane Pasulka to get more of an idea than a single sentence of "UFOs are demons -- and that is wrong!"

She's a biblical scholar who was looking at miracles and ended up in the realm of UFOs, which the Catholic church also recognizes.   There are a few interviews with her on YouTube if you want the Cliff's notes on how she went from researching saints to questioning the reality we're told we live in.

Sorry man, I respect you (unlike that other yahoo) and don't mean to insult or belittle you.  But I do know something about the Bible and no, UFOs are NOTHING like how demons are described at least in the New Testament.  Maybe you could argue that tales of alien probing and stuff like that sounds like demon possession, but even that's a huge stretch.  And even in the Old Testament there's very little about demons taking forms that could be seen by humans.  Maybe something in Job if I recall correctly, but if anything, UFOs more resemble angels than demons.  Not that I'm saying they're angels or ever said that, but if you're going simply on Biblical descriptions, that makes more sense than assuming they're demons.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

No, I'm not.  He said they were spiritual, then equivocated to supernatural as if it meant something different, then said they were a force for bad that killed people and if a supernatural force for evil isn't a demon, what the hell would YOU call it?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#36]
You guys are lost in the weeds.

You're a bitch for the soundbites. Details? Oh fuck that. It's like listening to my 14 year old son.

Looks like another 4 years of Biden.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By joemama74:
You guys are lost in the weeds.

You're a bitch for the soundbites. Details? Oh fuck that. It's like listening to my 14 year old son.

Looks like another 4 years of Biden.

View Quote

Why the hell do we have to accept Tucker Carlson as a spokesman for conservatism in order to avoid 4 more years of Biden?  He's not running for any office that I know of.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:41:07 PM EDT
[#38]

No, I'm not.  He said they were spiritual, then equivocated to supernatural as if it meant something different, then said they were a force for bad that killed people and if a supernatural force for evil isn't a demon, what the hell would YOU call it?

View Quote

Whatever I might call it, I wouldn't let it get my panties tied in a knot, like it obviously has for you, based on your posts in this thread.

I get the internet being serious business, etc., but damn.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#39]

Whatever I might call it, I wouldn't let it get my panties tied in a knot, like it obviously has for you, based on your posts in this thread.

View All Quotes

No, you're just trying to avoid the actual subject.  I'm not the one with my panties tied in a knot.  The thread started out with people commenting very casually, that the interview made Carlson look nuts unless he was cynically saying controversial things in order to get more viewers.  The PRO-Tucker people were the ones who came here with their panties in a knot to "defend" him.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#40]

I'm not the one with my panties tied in a knot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes

https://i.postimg.cc/VknHv6N2/tucker-carlson-0618201.jpg

You still here?  I thought we both agreed that by your own argument, you should find another thread.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#42]

Sorry man, I respect you (unlike that other yahoo) and don't mean to insult or belittle you.  But I do know something about the Bible and no, UFOs are NOTHING like how demons are described at least in the New Testament.  Maybe you could argue that tales of alien probing and stuff like that sounds like demon possession, but even that's a huge stretch.  And even in the Old Testament there's very little about demons taking forms that could be seen by humans.  Maybe something in Job if I recall correctly, but if anything, UFOs more resemble angels than demons.  Not that I'm saying they're angels or ever said that, but if you're going simply on Biblical descriptions, that makes more sense than assuming they're demons.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:
No one's outraged.  People are mocking Tucker for being a kook, not angry at him for it.  And no, not even falling-down drunk have I ever said I believed 9-11 was an inside job or aliens were demons.

Originally Posted By azarak512:
You completely missed my point

No, RikWriter was exactly On the Point.

Tucker Carlson isn't very bright & will 100% spout whatever he thinks will make him fame & money.  (See Dominion Voting Vs. Fox News). He is a Con-servative. That some people love Tucker because they really believe "He's 'One Of Us!".  These same people who are convinced the bar tender thinks their stories are 'interesting' & that strippers really like them.

Bigger_Hammer

And you know this how?

Because you read text messages from the Dominion case about him hating Donald Trump and being happy that he can stop talking about Donald Trump 24/7?

Or is he "not very bright" because he is against the creation of an endless money trench for no reason which actually makes sense or benefits the interest of average Americans in one of the most corrupt nations in Europe, namely Ukraine?

It's funny how the Tucker defenders ignore the really crazy shit he says for cherry-picked examples that fit their politics.
"Oh, you must be a Uke-bro because you make fun of Tucker Carlson for saying that the US was evil to drop the A bombs on Japan or because he thinks flying saucers are demons."

You sound freaking ridiculous.

Just for honest reference, this is precisely the “ontological shock” that the people in the know are discussing.

(I finished American Cosmic last week myself… I personally got more out of her talk on Rogan, and am looking forward to listening to her on Lex’s show. Bonus: her voice is butter to my ears)
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#43]

You still here?  I thought we both agreed that by your own argument, you should find another thread.
View All Quotes

Just because I let your asinine bullshit go does not mean we agree on it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#44]

No, you're just trying to avoid the actual subject.  I'm not the one with my panties tied in a knot.  The thread started out with people commenting very casually, that the interview made Carlson look nuts unless he was cynically saying controversial things in order to get more viewers.  The PRO-Tucker people were the ones who came here with their panties in a knot to "defend" him.

View Quote

The actual subject is the podcast.  The thread title does not say, TC Outs Himself As Unhinged on JRE.

I made an observation about your reaction to the whole issue.  

Example: the video clip you posted in reply to my polite request to you; Carlson says "some of them are bad", (note, some), and then qualifies/clarifies his "spiritual" remark by saying that supernatural might be a better adjective because their observable behavior/movement is beyond what we understand about physics.  

And your remark to me, "Draw your own fucking conclusions." Well, yes, that's the idea; how do I deserve that for asking a polite question?

You have a major attitude problem, in my opinion.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Ah well, your loss.  Guess that means your panties are in a twist over what I said, then.  Again, your logic.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#46]

The actual subject is the podcast.  The thread title does not say, TC Outs Himself As Unhinged on JRE.

View All Quotes

Did you even read the first page of the thread?

I made an observation about your reaction to the whole issue.  

Example: the video clip you posted in reply to my polite request to you; Carlson says "some of them are bad", (note, some), and then qualifies/clarifies his "spiritual" remark by saying that supernatural might be a better adjective because their observable behavior/movement is beyond what we understand about physics.  

And your remark to me, "Draw your own fucking conclusions." Well, yes, that's the idea; how do I deserve that for asking a polite question?

You have a major attitude problem, in my opinion.

Naw, not really.  I meant no offense by that, which was why I didn't say "fuck you," or anything of the sort.  Maybe you don't like my casual use of the F word but it wasn't meant as an insult toward you.  It was more a commentary on how nuts what Carlson was saying was.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:30:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eight_Ring] [#47]

View Quote

Don't make RikRiter go CHIMP on you, fool.

Attachment Attached File

Not "literally" go chimp.  But perhaps figuratively.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#48]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113246/LOL_jpg-3195279.JPG

View All Quotes

I suppose that Carlson was trying to borrow some of George Will's intelligence by copying his fashion sense from the 80s, Ate Ring.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:38:59 PM EDT
[#49]

I suppose that Carlson was trying to borrow some of George Will's intelligence by copying his fashion sense from the 80s, Ate Ring.
View All Quotes

Indeed he was.  He was quite the posuer frat boy in those days DikRiter.  I certainly wan't a fan.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Top Top