Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2004 7:43:58 PM EDT
With SB23 in place, I know that we here behind the iron curtain are STILL not eligible to buy these rifles but what accessories are we allowed to purchase via mail purchase?

Mags? Folding stocks? tele-stocks?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#1]
You need a note from your mommy.

Why would there be any restrictions on purchasing an accessory?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Mags with more than 10 rounds are still illegal to purchase and/or import behind the curtain. Everything else is legal to purchase, just don't think about installing them.  I think that about sums it up  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

My mommy is not here right now...

SB23 restricted a lot.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My mommy is not here right now...

SB23 restricted a lot.

I still think you're OK for simply purchasing them. If they weren't kosher, they'd be labeled "Not for sale to CA/NY/NJ" like full cap mags.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#6]
If you have a "CALIF REGISTERED ASSAULT WEAPON" that is in postban cond you can "preban" it.

If you have a postban (ie M1A with muzzle brake) that is not "CALIF REGISTERED" you cannot "preban" it. You will be making a "Unregistered Assault Weapon".

It has never been illegal to bring parts, uppers, kits, etc into the state.

Over 10r mags are illegal to import (OK to own) and you can bring in mag repair parts---IE bodys, followers, springs, etc...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#7]
In CA the weapon needed one or more of the naughty features to become an assault weapon and supposed to be registered.  Once it was registered (or not actually) if it had more than the minimum of the features it didn't matter how many it had.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:57:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Didn't the bastards amend SB23 to ban guns by NAME and not FEATURES? I was under the impression that this was the case and hence, after the federal ban expired you could have all the normal features on it you wanted. Am I missing something here?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:59:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That and I think you have to plant a spruce tree and adopt a homeless kitten.
sorry, I had to
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:03:22 PM EDT
[#10]
More CA residents need this information. So I will repeat and reiterate it.

In 21 hours, if you have a registered CA legal post-ban assault weapon, you can put any evil feature on it you want.

On the other hand, if you like me have an un-registered post ban M-14, you are shit out of luck. No flash hider or pistol grip/folding stock. But an M-14 with a muzzle brake is better than no M-14 at all! And for .308 military style autoloaders, an M-14 is the only game in town.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:07:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Didn't the bastards amend SB23 to ban guns by NAME and not FEATURES? I was under the impression that this was the case and hence, after the federal ban expired you could have all the normal features on it you wanted. Am I missing something here?

Actually, it was the '89 Roberti-Roos ban that bans by name.  That law was held up in court for many many years so new names weren't added.  A little after SB23 was passed the CA not-so-supreme court upheld that law and Lockyer started adding more guns to the list including "series" guns that were part of the lawsuit.

But to the current question, if you have a current registered assault rifle in california you can do anything to it that is legal under federal law.  Or you can pimp out your 10/22 all you want minus the mags.

Of course we all stocked up on hi-caps before the ban, didn't we. ;)
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:08:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

There's three categories of assault weapons under section 12776: Category 1 Roberti-Roos named firearms (The original ban from 1989); Category 2 AK and AR-15 series weapons; Category 3 Generic Characteristics which classified a centerfire semi-auto with a detachable and at least ONE evil feature an AW.

caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/awguide.pdf

Once it was registered with the CA DOJ as an AW, a firearm is always an AW. So you can add new features to an AR-15 and such without illegally manufacturing a new AW.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:10:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
But an M-14 with a muzzle brake is better than no M-14 at all! And for .308 military style autoloaders, an M-14 is the only game in town.

Well, there are the FALs with the fixed mags that load with stripper clips.  DSA says that they will convert them back to normal function for $50 if/when you leave the state.  I still want an M1a Scout, though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:34:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
More CA residents need this information. So I will repeat and reiterate it.

In 21 hours, if you have a registered CA legal post-ban assault weapon, you can put any evil feature on it you want.

On the other hand, if you like me have an un-registered post ban M-14, you are shit out of luck. No flash hider or pistol grip/folding stock. But an M-14 with a muzzle brake is better than no M-14 at all! And for .308 military style autoloaders, an M-14 is the only game in town.

I have to ask.  How do you, who lives in the PRK, come to have a M-14 which is a select-fire weapon?

Of course you can take the fifth on that if you please.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:55:21 PM EDT
[#15]

I have to ask. How do you, who lives in the PRK, come to have a M-14 which is a select-fire weapon?

My Armscorp reciever is marked "M-14 NM".

I DO NOT own an "M-1A".

It will take a cultural change to get these rifles called by their proper names. The M-1A is a product of Springfield Armory ( who ripped the name of a respected but defunct National Armory, but nobody seems to remember this ) and since mine is built from TRW parts on an Armscorp reciever, I therefore do not own an M-1A.

I posted a topic on this subject urging that the name "M-1A" be dropped, but it didn't get much traction.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:57:57 PM EDT
[#16]
All i have to say here is:

I love montana, and fuck california.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:59:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Good for you...stay in fucking montana because you can't survive in Cali...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:17:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, cause we Rick James BIATCH! now go back to your job as a camel fluffer....
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:10:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boy, you are the feisty one tonight John. You are starting to remind me of  Michael Douglas in "Falling Down"  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL!!!! I dont know why but that is just a funny ass response.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top