Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2004 11:15:42 AM EDT
WoW, I was leaving the gun range today and they were getting a call from PD warning them that a gunstore shooting/robbery had just taken place. Birds and Brooks, was were it happened. Not much more than that so far, someone with blond hair apperantly did it. Not sure who was shot or how bad. I was just going to post pics of the new underground gun range, but this adds more spice. I will update as details come out, they had the owners car and 2 other vehicles roped off.
here is were it happened

here is the new range at Bullet Express

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully it wasn't a ND or something. Hope only badguys were shot. I have never understood why someone would try and rob a gun store. Could be kinda' risky if you're not well prepared.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmm.... News special report just said a guard at the State Capital was shot with a shotgun, about 10 mins. ago.

I was in there last week, someone jumped the counter and stole a shotgun, that day.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Man, that range has got to blast your eardrums like a son of a bitch!  Can you imagine shooting a .50 BMG down that pipe?!  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#4]
They gave me foamies to put in under the muffs, not bad. The backdrop was about as loud as the muzzle blast. I like the booths, the upstairs range has been no room to unpack. Went shooting once and had to open my case, get something out, close it up, set i under the table, EVERY fricken time. PITA
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#5]
The radio just said that the gunstore shooter and the gun theif from last tuesday are the same guy. The store employee was shot in the upper arm and is being treated. No word on the status of the State Capital guard yet. They say both shooters fit the same discripton.

Wow, no metal detectors at the doors of the State Capital, and the guards are unarmed.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry to detract from two (or is it just one?) serious stories, but ...

[Hijack] I WANT THE BIG FIBERGLASS M-16 FROM ARMY-NAVY SURPLUS!!!  DIBS! [/Hijack]

We now return you to theis breaking story, already in progress.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Mid 20's, blond hair, grey 4 door car with a spoiler no plates, blue shirt and blue jeans.

Two shot, and a possible incident at the public aid office.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow.  Someone who was actually there.  Interesting.  The long arm of arfcom.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#9]
SO the owner of the gunstore shot his son in the shoulder, trying to hit the bg. The State Capital guard was shot in the chest, sounds like he may not make it. Secretary of State press conference in a bit.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#10]
dot_bob- Are you talking about Dale?

I hope everyone is OK.Birds And Brooks would be last on my places to rob.You know they pack heat in there.

Where is that range you went to?Its not the one out there by Toronto road is it?

Jm03
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#11]
this is not what we need right now...

some idiot is going to screw things up for the rest of us...

we know theres no parallel between this incident and the expiration of the AWB, but you know that antis will try and use this bullshit against us...

hope that guard will be ok...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Sadly, they just announced that the guard has died.

Jm03, I guess from the reports, that Dale Sr. shot Dale Jr., trying to hit the bad guy. It sounds like Jr. will be alright. Thats the report so far.

Jup, that's out off of Toronto Road, they just built an underground 50 yard range. Not bad, much better than upstairs.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sadly, they just announced that the guard has died.

Jm03, I guess from the reports, that Dale Sr. shot Dale Jr., trying to hit the bad guy. It sounds like Jr. will be alright. Thats the report so far.

Jup, that's out off of Toronto Road, they just built an underground 50 yard range. Not bad, much better than upstairs.

How many lanes are there down stairs?Sorry to hear about the guard and Dales Boy.Dale is good Peeps.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:09:47 PM EDT
[#14]
This is one wierd post
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hmm.... News special report just said a guard at the State Capital was shot with a shotgun, about 10 mins. ago.

I was in there last week, someone jumped the counter and stole a shotgun, that day.

That must be wrong.  Don't you know that so-called AWs are the choice of criminals, that shotguns are for hunting and would never be used in a crime, and John Kerry thinks that owning a shotgun is just fine.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm surprised the local media didn't call it an "assault shotgun". They did say that the gunstore owner went back to his office to retrieve a shotgun & then fired through the door at the badguy, unfortunately hitting his son.

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Halliburton...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:31:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks like they finally got a suspect in custody. Whoo Hoo
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Whoops, they don't have him yet. He was from Olney, Il. Meth capital of Central Illinois. Fricken dirtbag, you could see it in his eyes on the news.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:42:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Could you provide a little more information on how the earlier theft occurred? The Journal-Register has stated in an update, since replaced, that it occurred as an employee was opening the store. If that is the case, then the situation of the employees who might not have had immediate access to weapons due to the CCW situation, would appear be a stark contrast to the second incident, in which the subject left with nothing but what  he brought. Any futher info would be of interest...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:40:48 AM EDT
[#21]
When I was there last week, Dale Sr. was saying that the kid was there at opening time. As Dale turned to the right to go behind the register, the kid turned left, made it back to the rifles, then he jumped the counter, and grabbed the shotgun. Didn't sound like he even ran out, walked quickly towards the door. I guess Dale tried to tackle him but missed. I'm so suprised he didn't just walk in fireing the second time. I haven't heard the news yet today, don't know if they caught anyone yet or not.

I can't help but think that CCW could have stoped it last week, and ARMED GUARDS at the State Capital, would have ended this yesterday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top