BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 2:16:37 PM EDT
hr 163
she argues its true
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]
She argues correctly. It is a real bill. So?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#2]
It's "true" in the sense that a bunch of lefty congressmen proposed a draft, and then have begun running around screaming that Bush has a draft is in the works.

The sponsors are left-wing democrats (Rangle! Sheila Jackson-Lee! Jesse Jackson Jr!) who have no power in the House. It's going exactly nowhere.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#3]
introduced 1/7/2003
Latest Major Action: 2/3/2003

So what else is there to talk about?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:26:45 PM EDT
[#4]
well i was curious...its my first time hearing about it
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#5]
F**ing Charlie Rangle, the loud-mouth congressman from Harlem, has long pressed for a draft, so "whites" will serve along side the dis-enfranchised young minorities.

BS!

He claims that the casualties are all minorities, and that is an injustice.

That the poor and the under-privileged pay the price for the wealthy folk's freedoms.

He forgets that with an all volunteer force- you have those who....volunteer.

personally, I cannot stand the guy.

It (that bill) ain't going to happen any time soon
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#6]
The part about the draft boards is true and it was the Bush administration who brought it about.

The draft bills themselves have democratic sponsors.

If Novak is right and we're pulling out w'll have no need of a draft.

If we're going to take on Iran and NK, or if we decide to defend Taiwan, we will.

Those actions are far more likely under a second Bush term.

So yeah, it's BS, kinda.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#7]
pierrot04's my gf

and her friends a liberal idiot! I'm gonna look at the mail she got along with the bill since I know it came with BS and send her off a nice email in return
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:19:48 PM EDT
[#8]
My email.. don't think its all that great tho..

The sponsor and co-sponsor of this dormant bill are all democrats not one republican co-sponsored this bill. I fail to see how this can be associated with our president (R). This bill was introduced 1/7/2003 and the last major action was 2/3/2003. Charlie Rangle(D) of New York, the bills sponsor introduced the bill as he believes only underpriviliged people enlist and he wants equality. This theory is false in our volunteer army and to quote a article on the demographics of our military "Of the 28 servicemen killed so far, 20 were white, 5 black, 3 Hispanic - proportions that neatly mirror those of the military as a whole. ".
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:10:24 AM EDT
[#9]
We managed to maintain a military with 800,000 more men than our current Armed Forces in the late 1980s using the all-volunteer force.

Our current forces in Iraq are around the 100-140k level. So we still have a pretty big zone where we know the all-volunteer force can work before we have to start sweating a draft.

The Dems just keep bringing this up in direct proportion to their desperation over the November elections.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:18:10 AM EDT
[#10]
wasnt it a long held beliefe (and probably true) that the vietnam draft unfairly tapped blacks and other minorities for service in vietnam because they didnt have the deferment opportunities that white kids had.

this is like jesse jackson starting a cotton plantation "WORK DAWN TO DUSK, FREE ROOM AND BOARD"
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:25:17 AM EDT
[#11]
A lot of countries have something similar where the males in the society are required to attend a set time period of basic training when they reach legal age, just in case the military is ever needed in war times.  Women have pushed long and hard to be allowed to have the same rights as men.  Therefore, it only makes sense that we should share in the same responsibilities as men.  Otherwise we should all just return to the kitchen, bake them some pies, have their children and demand no attention or affection or interest from society.  I actually highly anticipated women being part of the draft should it be re-instated.  If I'm called to defend my country, I can't say I'd whine too much about it.  Price you have to pay for living in the greatest, strongest, fiercest country in the world.  I'd be more than happy to do my part defending this nation and keeping it the same wonderful place I grew up in for my daughter to enjoy.  Not to mention I'd be proud to serve with the other men and women currently defending this wonderful nation.  God bless!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top