Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 4:53:06 AM EDT

And why should we vote for bush huh?

He does nothing to help out anything that bennefits either me or you.

Terrorism? If he was really the top choice for that, 9/11 would have been avoided. And he wouldn't piss of every country in the world besides....Britain and Poland. And Poland dosn't count. (I know, I'm from there.)

Social Security? We're in a depression state of federal funding. The federal deficit is at a record high. When he came into office with a budget surpluss. The only we've ever had in american history.

Job Security? Unemployment is at an all time high since Hoover and the depression.

Medicare is outrageous.

Health insurance costs and arm and a leg. Which is ironic because health insurance covers my arms and legs.

Kerry skurting real issues? Kerry was the only one in that debate that knew what he was talking about. I expect my president to know what soveriegnty means.

Bush only talks about national defense and terrorism. Which both he has done terrible at.

No child left behind. I'm not even going to go there.

Public schools are receiving the least amount of federal funding. EVER

Where's Osama? Wait, we found Sadaam. Who had nothing to do with 9/11. Who only hated america, just like almost every other country in the world does.

Patriot act

Enron

I'm going to stop here.

If you disagree with anything said than you are wrong.

Me > You

I win.

I am so tired of trying to reason with these kids most of them arent even old enough to vote.  However they really think and believe that they have a firm grasp as to what is going on in the world.  Any... help me with some very loud and very decisive answers to his "questions"....thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:54:45 AM EDT
[#1]

Health insurance costs and arm and a leg. Which is ironic because health insurance covers my arms and legs.

You gotta admit, thats some funny shit right there!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:56:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Kids are stupid and they don't vote.

Fuck them.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:56:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Just beat his ass and scribble ME > YOU on him and leave it at that..

hes to far gone to change IMHO
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:00:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I have to put up with this everyday, hell they're my classmates.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:13:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just beat his ass and scribble ME > YOU on him on his forehead in permanent marker and leave it at that..

hes to far gone to change IMHO

I added a little to your idea.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:15:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Kids are stupid and they don't bote.

Fuck them.

Sgatr15

Oky doky you big boter, hahaha how dare me of all people to do this to you, I just couldn't help myself. It was screaming.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:30:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Obviously, most kids believe everything the major media outlets shove down their throats, so it must be true.They have to remember the scum that own and run most of the media outlets are ANTI-BUSH, ANTI-AMERICAN LIBERAL CRAP.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:32:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Reads like the kid is purposely belligerantly ignorant. He does have the Michael Moore talking points memorized.  Advise him he is a misinformed tool who's future will include dead end jobs intermixed with cronic unemployment.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:42:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Sign I made for PW... dont't thinka it got anywhere tho..
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:06:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Tax Break- I got one

Terrorism? If he was really the top choice for that, 9/11 would have been avoided. And he wouldn't piss of every country in the world besides....Britain and Poland. And Poland dosn't count. (I know, I'm from there.)

We are not going to wait on others to defend ourselves

Social Security? We're in a depression state of federal funding. The federal deficit is at a record high. When he came into office with a budget surpluss. The only we've ever had in american history.

Those wonderful Clintons led us into a recession with their crappy economic plans

Job Security? Unemployment is at an all time high since Hoover and the depression.

DO WHAT? 5.4% clinton ran on that for his second term as a great economy

Medicare is outrageous.

+1

Kerry skurting real issues? Kerry was the only one in that debate that knew what he was talking about. I expect my president to know what soveriegnty means.

He promisses all- We ask HOW, WHO PAYS FOR?

Bush only talks about national defense and terrorism. Which both he has done terrible at.

TAX BREAK

Our ed system sucks teachers do nothing testing is the only way to be sure kids are up to snuff

Where's Osama? Wait, we found Sadaam. Who had nothing to do with 9/11. Who only hated america, just like almost every other country in the world does.

DEAD!!

Patriot act

Tell me how else you plan to catch the terrorists  WE ARE AN OPEN SOCIETY

Enron

corprate thieves   ask about S&L and the clinton gang

I'm going to stop here.

I'm not - ask what a navy LT was doing talking with the enemy while we were at war and our troops were dying why he voted to cut spending on defence, inteligence after 9/11 why he wouldn't vote to spend the money to upgrade our troops when it was needed he complains that we were not prepaired why did he not support the needed upgrades (87Billion). ASK why he thinks this war is a sideline  OUR GUYS ARE DYING

THEN TELL THEM HE IS A FLOPPING POS..

Me > You
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:12:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I am a teacher and deal with this occasionally.   I try not to bring up my bias in favor of Bush, but if asked why would I vote for him I talk about, most importantly for me, the 2nd amendment, then the belief that I want a president that does not change his mind with polls or public opinion.  I will, if prodded further, elaborate and talk about wanting less government, and being on the offense in the war on terror, but only in private.

Like I said, I try to avoid the conversation, with exception of the 2nd amendment.  I don't want someone in my class to feel alienated by my political preferences.  It makes it harder for me to gain their trust.  I believe that trust is a cornerstone to success in my classroom.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:13:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Patriot act

Tell me how else you plan to catch the terrorists  WE ARE AN OPEN SOCIETY

Hmm, just like firearm bans, they are a good thing, well with that logic they are.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:19:04 AM EDT
[#13]
The government's role is not to hand out to un-lucky's, under-privileged, and those who don't have much. It is to create an environment that allows everyone a similar opportunity

do not count on gov't to solve everything, or provide everything (That is the Dem's view of life)

the energy spent whining and holding out one's hand could be better spent working on a solution for yourself.

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:26:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Our ed system sucks teachers do nothing testing is the only way to be sure kids are up to snuff

Testing only takes up time that I can be teaching more in the classroom.  Teaching to the test, and that is what is now happening, is worthless.  Kids learn less.

You guys have no idea the red tape, ridiculous paperwork, and lost time that No Child Left Behind is creating.  Time I had with students is now lost to paperwork.

The traditional types of testing used in NCLB are worthless in my opinion.  Study after study has proven that utilizing authentic assessment, such as producing a science project, helps learners get a better grasp of the concepts.   It is the difference between having true knowledge about a subject, and just being able to recognize things.

Sorry to get off track.   Needed to be said
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:55:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:01:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

He is doing a hell of a lot more than Clinton ever had the balls to do, after AQ killed American citizens abroad and at the WTC in '93.  The only countries not willing to help out in Iraq (Germany & France) had lucrative contracts with Saddam and were sad to see him go.  Ditto for the UN.

Social Security will be bankrupt soon because the federal government keeps raising the payouts in
spite of the fact they can't afford it.

Budget surpluses don't mean dick.  Deficits are only a problem if they are long-term.  The economy has always grown out of them, they just aren't that important.

job Security? Unemployment is at an all time high since Hoover and the depression.

Funny, if you actually check the numbers it's lower than it was in Clinton's second term.  This is an outright lie.

Medicare is outrageous.

I doubt this little cock-holster pays Medicare.  At any rate, yes, health care costs are going up... PRIMARILY DUE TO TWO THINGS:

A) Ridiculous punitive lawsuits and "jury box jackpots" awarded against doctors and health care organizations.  The ambulance chasing lawyers are driving up malpractice insurance so high that many doctors are leaving medicine altogether.

B) Pressure against drug companies by people who accuse them of "profiteering".  As they pressure the drug companies to release their patents for cheap generics, this will drive the cost even higher. Say it takes ten years and 200 million dollars to develop a new drug.  The company is investing this time and money to get a return.  In the past they could protect their patent long enough to get their money back out of it.    Now the drug companies have less time to make their money back so instead of selling for $5 a pill they sell it for $20 a pill.  Make sense?

"By their works you will know them."   Bush has a very focused idea of sovereignty.  He acts INDEPENDENTLY of any other nations' concern when it comes to US security.  He is not about to subordinate our country's security to the whining opinions of some bedwetting syphilitic Bolsheviks who are still pissed off we won the Cold War and pulled their asses out of the fire several times over the last century.

By contrast, Kerry will be happy to break out the kneepads and suck Kofi Annan's summer sausage until he gives permission for the US to defend itself.

WHAT??? Funding per capita among public school students is the HIGHEST EVER in the history of the nation.    We are spending more today than ever before and our goddamn kids can't even read.

Ask yourself why a child in a country schoolhouse in the 1910's came away with a better education that the children today.  Money is not the problem, the schools are.  There is so much emphasis on political correctness and self esteem that there is barely any time left to teach shit to anybody.   If money could fix the problems,  which I don't believe, it wouldn't matter anyway because senior administrators and other functionaries of the teacher's union (aka the NEA) are driving fucking Hummers to school because they make far too much money.

Saddam was holed up in Iraq, which is a whole different thing.  Iraq is a veritable metropolis compared to Afghanistan, which is bascially a bunch of mountains and caves.  HUMINT (human intelligence) which is how we found Saddam is much more common in Iraq simply because of population density.  

If you want to gain intelligence in Afghanistan you better learn to speak mountain goat.

Patriot act

Give me three, no better yet, one example of how the Patriot Act has made your life worse.  While I'm waiting, I will tell you that the Patriot Act actually has prevented several REAL attacks from AQ, including an attack on the Brooklyn Bridge.  Even Dick Morris will tell you that.

Enron

How exactly was the government, let alone BUSH, responsible for what these greedy fucks did?  I'm waiting.  And Halliburton doesn't have any connections either, no matter what you might think.

Word to that!  +1
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:12:20 AM EDT
[#17]
"If I have to explain it to you, you won't understand."
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:18:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Ask if their registered to vote. If they say no, then why bother.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:21:13 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Medicare is outrageous.

Patriot act

Enron

I'm going to stop here.

Me > You

I win.

I am so tired of trying to reason with these kids most of them arent even old enough to vote.  However they really think and believe that they have a firm grasp as to what is going on in the world.  Any... help me with some very loud and very decisive answers to his "questions"....thanks

Hmmm...  b/c he ACTUALLY did something to react to 9/11!

I bet Gore, Clinton, Kerry, Edwards, or a thousand other Democrats wouldn't do anything
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Ask if their registered to vote. If they say no, then why bother.

+1hail2.gif
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Just based on this the little brat's ass should be kicked.  He's telling a huge lie.  Fed spending on public schools is at an all-time high whether measured in real, nominal dollars or in percent of the budget.  I hate liars.

GunLvr

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#22]
"If you don't agree with anything then you are wrong"

For that reason alone the little arrogant, self-righteous, LIBERAL bastard should be bitch slapped SEVERAL TIMES 'til he pisses himself.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Testing only takes up time that I can be teaching more in the classroom. Teaching to the test, and that is what is now happening, is worthless. Kids learn less.

You guys have no idea the red tape, ridiculous paperwork, and lost time that No Child Left Behind is creating. Time I had with students is now lost to paperwork.

The traditional types of testing used in NCLB are worthless in my opinion. Study after study has proven that utilizing authentic assessment, such as producing a science project, helps learners get a better grasp of the concepts. It is the difference between having true knowledge about a subject, and just being able to recognize things.

Sorry to get off track. Needed to be said

That would be true if all teachers worked hard and worried about giving the children an education. The testing is not about the children its about the teachers and what kind of job they are doing(look at the failure rates in Fla.)  

Due to the teachers union it is next to impossible to get rid of the bad apples. We must find a way to solve this problem, we can not keep graduating people who can't read and write.

Yes the system is imperfect , but this is what we have, why? because something is better than nothing.

I do speak with some knowledge as three in my family are public school teachers, and they will back everything I just said.

If you are doing your  job then yes this will create a headache, However, something had to be done do to those that weren't.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Hmm, just like firearm bans, they are a good thing, well with that logic they are.

Tell me what freedoms you are loosing do to that act?

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:15:14 AM EDT
[#25]

That kid is a lying on pretty much every point.

Education spending is up 53%, not exactly fiscally conservative.

www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=162]www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=162

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=170

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=168

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=148
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:33:42 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I am a teacher and deal with this occasionally.   I try not to bring up my bias in favor of Bush, but if asked why would I vote for him I talk about, most importantly for me, the 2nd amendment, then the belief that I want a president that does not change his mind with polls or public opinion.  I will, if prodded further, elaborate and talk about wanting less government, and being on the offense in the war on terror, but only in private.

Like I said, I try to avoid the conversation, with exception of the 2nd amendment.  I don't want someone in my class to feel alienated by my political preferences.  It makes it harder for me to gain their trust.  I believe that trust is a cornerstone to success in my classroom.

Sounds like you and I could share some stories...  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Testing only takes up time that I can be teaching more in the classroom.  Teaching to the test, and that is what is now happening, is worthless.  Kids learn less.

This is 100% true.

I'm from South Korea where High school seniors must take a expanded-version of SAT that takes 9 hours to take in one day, and you have only one chance in a year. (If you screw up, you have to wait till the next year)

Because of this exam, which will dictate which college you can go to, half of middle school and all of high school curriculm is geared towards this exam, and THIS EXAM ONLY. You learn nothing applicable in real life,  except taking the exam.

For an example; we learn English 6 years, mandatory, before taking this test. All we do is read and translate. However, almost none of them can speak English well at all. I was fortunate that my parents got me into a private institution with native speakers when I was a 6th grader and I went there for 5 years. My way of approaching English totally changed since then and it was the single most important reason now I can communicate in English, here in U.S. (I didn't pay much attention to English classes at school, because then it would screw up what natives taught me. But somehow I still did well on the tests)

If I stayed on the course that our school system taught us English, I could do nothing more than read and translate, and some load of grammar.

Another problem is since the curriculm is geared towards the test, teachers use COMMON textbooks, not just in a single school. So the contents do not vary, and teachers can't teach what they want, nor students learn what they want. They equally teach and learn what is GOING TO BE ON THE EXAM.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Healthcare is expensive because some people don't pay, and the rest of us have to pay for them.

Also, someone went into an ER with a little fucking cut on their finger and whined because the bill was $700. The newspaper made it sound like they charged $700 for a band-aid.

Well remember this. You're paying for:

- A room, with state of the art monitoring equipment that cost more than your car.
- A doctor, who spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to get his education.
- At least two nurses, one at triage and one in your room. Their education was not cheap.
- At least two patient care techs, one at triage and one in your room. Their education was not cheap.
- Possibly a phlebotemist, who most likely has years of experience that cannot be valued.
- Possibly an x-ray, and x-ray technicians, and the x-ray machines themselves, which were not cheap.
- The "Band-Aid" is the same stuff that you can buy in a store for $3, the "Liquid Bandaid" stuff, but it costs at least $50 a tube because it is sterile.

Now quit your whining. That's JUST for a cut on your finger.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#29]
All through this election I've had this strange desire to make up a big sign that says "I hate Bush.  Shave your beaver for America".
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Like someone said earlier, tax cuts. But the kid probably wouldn't know since he doesn't work.

Yeah right, How many times did we get hit under the clinton administration and do NOTHING? Did you forget about USS Cole, Somalia, etc, etc?  Tell me you would have thought of some terrorists using our planes to ram them into buildings and I'll call you a goddamn liar.

Bush had to fix the military that clinton destroyed and that costs money.  Rarely was the army combat ready due to a lack of funds, equipment, etc.   I know, I served in that cluster fuck.  It was disgusting to say the least.  

Welcome to a capatalist society. I know you live in socialist land but this is America, sorry you missed it.  Maybe if you were old enough to attend an economics class you'd understand.

Medicare is outrageous.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard on the net.  He's taken the yay or nay on every issue under the sun.  He doesn't stand for shit, period.  If we got enough people together to chant horse faced fuckers should die at the dnc, he would have blown his brains out in order to make us happy.   He's not a leader, he's a follower.

ONCE again, was clinton any good at this? no.  Bush blows him out of the water.

Obviously his school program doesn't work, cause you're an idiot.

Do you actually think you could have found Osama by now? He has a WHOLE peninsula of muslim sympathizers to hide him.  And it really does make sense to worry about world opinion. I mean we've bailed their sorry asses out of trouble how many times now?  It's like having a dozen retarded little brothers with knives running around.  I think it's ludicrous to ask a bunch of idiots how we should police the world when they can't police themselves.

Patriot act

Enron

Yeah because Bush is responsible for every CEO in the country.  And he's also responsible for janet flashing tit at the superbowl.

I'm going to stop here.

Is that all Michael Moore left you?

Me > You

I win.

Wow, that's intelligent, but I'm willing to stoop to your level. You suck big 8=====>

Where did you encounter this retard? please tell.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Tell me what freedoms you are loosing do to that act?

Eventually you will learn that bad legislation can lead to worse legislation in the future...
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:12:10 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
skammy.gotlag.com/images/ihate.jpg

Sign I made for PW... dont't thinka it got anywhere tho..

Mine is Mo Betta .

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Enron

Funny - the Enron situation was taking place during Clinton;s term.... it fell apart during Bush.

And IIRC, while the RNC did receive generous contributions from Enron, and MCI/Worldcom, etc. , so did the DNC. most mega-corporations donate to both parties, just in case (Microsoft, McD's, Con Agra, Boeing, etc...)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top