Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Stupid, crazy, wrongheaded, dumb.....Californian even...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think it passed??
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Stupid, crazy, wrongheaded, dumb.....Californian even...

what he said!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Another attempt to keep guns out of the hands of everyone but the rich. This will obviously drive up the cost of ammunition, while providing absolutely not benefit whatsoever to society or law enforcement.

One of the worst ideas in the history of bad ideas.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Someone in the State House toked a big fatty when they were thinking that one up.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#6]
This is a new one to me.  Serial numbered bullets.  I think they should also implement putting serail numbers on all the gang bangers and human flotsam in that state.  

Arnie will sign this.

I feel for those in Cali.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#8]
The funniest part was when they added that Arnie had signed legislation to ban "the powerful .50 caliber sniper rifle used by military snipers."

I bet those military snipers will be sad to find out they lost their sniper rifles.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Well shit, just do the same thing we've begun doing since the AWB expired.  Drive across the boarder to your favorite gun store and buy all the normal cap mags and non-serialized ammo you want.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is a link to the thread in the California Board in the Hometown Forum.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=11&t=186025

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Does this apply to police ammunition?

CRC
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Damm... This is one of the most absurd gun control ideas I've ever heard of, and that's saying something. What makes anyone think that bullet numbers will still be readable after the bullet has been recovered? Where are they going to put these numbers? When you cross the border, is a cop going to examine every single round of ammo to see if has a microscopic number on it? How many ammo makers will actually go along with this? Oh brother...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#14]

How many ammo makers will actually go along with this? Oh brother...

....um...maybe...that...was the point?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:22:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Yo homie, u better quit dissin me else u'z gunna gets capped wit ma 9 mil gat loaded wit 88 grain Jacketed Hollow Point Speers using  6.7 grains of 570 Winchester powder, BITCH!

Quoted:
Great, not only are they causing gang bangers to buy better guns, they are going to end up causing them to start using custom match ammo.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#16]
have they serialized kitchen utensils yet? butcher knives, axes, etc? wtf is wrong with those people? CA plans to spend how much to implement and enforce such a program? Good thing their taxes are already so low
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#17]
This actually isn't the first time this has been proposed.  It's nothing to get too upset about as it is patently un-doable.  Do you have any idea of how many people have been killed with .22LR bullets?  Do you realize that .22LR ammo production runs into something like 3 BILLION cartridges per year?  And the phone company can't find enough numbers for telepohne customers and the Post Office can't find enough numbers for Zip Codes, but EVERY bullet and cartridge casing can be numbered with a unique number?
Uh, yeeeeah, RIGHT!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:09:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Did you read the fine print?

You will be required to send ALL expended cases to the CaDOJ along with a copy of the original purchase receipt and the CaDOJ "expended ammunition form".

The CaDOJ will then process these and only then will you be allowed to purchase any new ammunition.

Quoted:
And the phone company can't find enough numbers for telepohne customers and the Post Office can't find enough numbers for Zip Codes, but EVERY bullet and cartridge casing can be numbered with a unique number?
Uh, yeeeeah, RIGHT!

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I think they need to make it a One Strike and your out rule in CA when it comes to assualt with a deadly weapon.

"WHEN LORD?  WHENS IT GOING TO BE MY TIME????"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top