Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 8:56:49 AM EDT
At my business we do a lot of "to go" orders anyways a customer use to come in, then she ordered a couple big orders for parties and payed with credit card, she sent in someone else to pick up the food. Now about a month later the credit card company is telling me that those charges weren't made by the card owner. So basically I got tricked and am out a big chunk of cash.

I have a cell number and possibly a home phone buried somewhere. Anyways the phone is working.

I know the cell phone provider wont a name but I was thinking of getting a little sneaky.

Like verifying information, is this XXX do you live at??

I wonder if the police could do anything, nothing against cops but they dont really have the time to track people. Maybe i could find a detective that works this kind of thing.

But I dont even think a cop could get a cell number without a warrant.

any help? any way to track a cell number.

thanks guys.

I know I messed up but hey I want to make things right...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:03:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Greg,
I don't know where you live, but in SC there is a law against that.  It falls in the same gerenal area of defrauding an innkeeper, etc, etc...  I tracked down many such instances when I was a cop.  I am sure that your local PD would have time to do that...it is afterall, their job and you pay taxes for them to have time to dothat.  If you are out a good but of money, I'd give them a call and let them handle it.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#2]
what are your plans for recovering the money if you find her?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Just turn all the info over to the cops, after i found where she lives the cops would have it easy just picking her up.

thanks-
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just turn all the info over to the cops, after i found where she lives the cops would have it easy just picking her up.

thanks-

Get the cops involved now.  YOU can't get the cell phone owner's name, but the cops can.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#5]
www.whitepages.com   click on reverse a phone number. It works for home numbers, tells you address and names somtimes ages! Cell numbers it can find the area code, its a start.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top