Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 8:43:35 PM EDT
I'm writing a letter to Tony Dean to question his support of John Kerry. Who penned the quote "Those who are willing to give up a little freedom for security deserve neither"?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#1]
My email

linksthomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query
www.tonydean.com/issues2.html?sectionid=5515

I don't understand how you can belive the facade Kerry is putting up. He is not your friend, He is not the hunters friend. This is from S. 1431 a bill he co-sponsored.
`(D) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine, and that has--

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

`(ii) a threaded barrel;  

`(iii) a pistol grip; (dont ALL rifles have this? Remington 742 ring a bell?)

`(iv) a forward grip; or

`(v) a barrel shroud.
But wait thers more...
`(H) A semiautomatic shotgun that has-- (Does this mean one of the following or all? Who knows?)

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

`(ii) a pistol grip; (isnt that thing behind the reciever on a Monty Carlo style stock called a pistol grip?)

`(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine; or

`(iv) a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds.

`(I) A shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

`(J) A frame or receiver that is identical to, or based substantially on the frame or receiver of, a firearm described in any of subparagraphs (A) through (I) or (L). (Remington 11-87 BANNED!)

Now the bill's definition of a "Pistol grip"

`(42) PISTOL GRIP- The term `pistol grip' means a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip. (HMMM?)

John Kerry a hunter who supports hunters. Yeah right. I guess you didnt see him on the news trying to "pump" that Remington 11-87 that he wants to ban. The man had no idea what he was holding or what he wants to ban and no safety glasses? Come on! Now tell all those Soldiers and Civilians they cant have that AR-15, M1- Garand or AR-10 to use at the Camp Perry competitions or use for varmint hunting, target shooting or plinking? This is ok in your eyes?  My eyes will no longer be watching your show.
"Any people that would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserves neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Good bye
       Spell checked and sent
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:07:31 PM EDT
[#3]
WHo would have thought that someone from the Dakotas would support John Kerry
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm writing a letter to Tony Dean to question his support of John Kerry. Who penned the quote "Those who are willing to give up a little freedom for security deserve neither"?

Wasnt it Thomas Jefferson who originally said that?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#5]
To answer your question:

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty  nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe it was Ben Franklin

LB
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:30:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:10:39 AM EDT
[#9]
(D) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine, and that has--

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock; Regardless that the fully collapsed length is still a legal length?

`(ii) a threaded barrel;   Does this mean no more screw-in chokes for the shotgunners? Does not differentiate between external and internal threads.  My old shotgun with adjustable Polychoke has and external thread.

`(iii) a pistol grip; (dont ALL rifles have this? Remington 742 ring a bell?) Yes, and so does the Marlin 336 lever action, as opposed to the 336T with the straight or "Texas" stock

`(iv) a forward grip; or Could this be twisted to mean the forearm on and ordinary rifle or shotgun?

`(v) a barrel shroud.   An AR-15 type handguard completely encircles or "shrouds" the barrel.  The black plastic ventilated handguard on top of a Mini-14 could be construed as a "barrel shroud".

`(H) A semiautomatic shotgun that has-- (Does this mean one of the following or all? Who knows?)

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock; Same comment as above

`(ii) a pistol grip;   Same comment as above

`(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine; or

`(iv) a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds.   Why?  We often hear "you don't need an assault rifle for home defense, experts say shotguns are better."  Well, if that is so, why should I be limited to 5 rounds for a home defense shotgun???

`(I) A shotgun with a revolving cylinder. Why?  What makes sKerry a firearms design expert that he can make the decision that this is too dangerous for me to own?

`(J) A frame or receiver that is identical to, or based substantially on the frame or receiver of, a firearm described in any of subparagraphs (A) through (I) or (L). (Remington 11-87 BANNED!)

Now the bill's definition of a "Pistol grip"

`(42) PISTOL GRIP- The term `pistol grip' means a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip. (HMMM?)  

OK, all you deer and duck hunters, tell us again how they only want the evil "assault weapons", but your hunting guns are safe.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:23:10 AM EDT
[#10]
You may also want to ask Tony about Kerry supporting the Kennedy bill which would have banned all ammunition capable of penetrating a soft vest. This would have banned ALL hunting ammo more powerful than .22 rimfires.

And just to piss him off, ask him about the location of the super-secret goose blind he hunted in in Texas. The one with the underwater garage and art museum.

Tony Dean is a class A idiot. You can quote me on that.
Link Posted: 11/12/2004 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Just checked his website and my letter was not responded to, hhmm. LOSER!
Link Posted: 11/12/2004 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top