Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2005 7:04:08 PM EDT
I know that Cav arms quit selling them.  

How good are they?

how about this one?

Link to Ebay (Yes I know its not a OKO, just a cheap knock off)
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Eh, not bad. Works okay but I think I might go back to iron sights.

Maybe put it on the 870 once I save up my nickles and get the SST-870 from them.

Link Posted: 1/2/2005 7:30:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a similar one from the same company on my kids plinker. I had issues with the adj screws losing zero until I" Fixxed Them" and it shot loose a few times until I really cranked down the screws on the retainers. My kids had a little trouble understanding just how to align the AR15 sights, and a red dot like this cleared that problem right up when I co-witnessed them It has held up real weel now for several hundred rounds(500?) and for the money is not a bad deal. So far I am on the first battery, came with a spare.

Its not an EOTech, but the kids don't care
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#3]
That is not an OKO .
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I know that Cav arms quit selling them.  

How good are they?

how about this one?

Link to Ebay

Not sure if you are aware but the sight in the link is not an OKO.

Also, in case you're wondering, Cav stopped importing them because the Chechs are somewhat difficult to deal with in terms of money. There are not a lot on the market right now because the guy who is now handling the importation is having the same problems. I think STI is importing the pistol sights but I'm not certain.

As far as how well they work, I've had an OKO-M on my M16 for more than 5K rounds and the only time the dot moves is when I'm moving it. Admittedly I'm biased as I have a few I'm selling (in the EE) but they really are decent sights for the money. Cav has put OKO sights through much punishment and they have proved to last. I would trust an OKO, I would not, however, trust the sight you posted the link to.

Again, I'm biased so take it for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 2:08:53 AM EDT
[#5]
i just carried an oko on my sst590 conversion in iraq for a year, it worked great, not one problem.

matter a fact the only person i iknow to have had a prollem over there with one is my buddy, who accidently ran his over with a pls.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 2:14:17 AM EDT
[#6]
It looks to be a Hakko copy. Had one and it went out after about 500 rounds through the AR. Replaced it with an OKO and have not had a problem since.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 2:41:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Do they wash out at all in direct sunlight?  

Digital
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 3:45:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Do they wash out at all in direct sunlight?  

Digital

Hell no. The OKO dot is brighter on its highest setting than even the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 3:48:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm thinking about building a DPMS/RRA .22 M4 with one of those OKO's on it.  Thanks for the heads up triburst.

Digital
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 4:07:00 AM EDT
[#10]
What's the difference between the OKO-M and OKO 4W?

Digital
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:16:48 AM EDT
[#11]
The OKO-W has a on/off pressure switch and NV compatibility.

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:42:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I have OKOs on my 3-gun AR, my 3-Gun 1100, and a 10-22 plinker. I haven't had problems with any of them. Compared to the C-More, of which it's more or less a clone, I think the C-More is a little more robustly made. The lens coating on the C-More is hard and can be cleaned dry, OKO specifically warns against doing so. The brightness adjustment on the OKO is way easier to use and it uses cheap, commonly available batteries (CR-2029? 3029?? -- something like that).

I'm satisfied with them.

They have been imported by STI International (www.stiguns.com) for a couple years now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:44:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I took an OKO out when it was snowing one day.  When the snow hit the lens, the light from the emitter was so distorted, it didn't resemble anything close to a dot.  There was absolutely no way to aim with it like that
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:03:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

They have been imported by STI International (www.stiguns.com) for a couple years now.

STI started importing the OKO pistol sights shortly after the SHOT show last year, previously they bought them from Cav Arms. I'm uncertain what their relationship is in regards to the rifle sights, at this point, as there is another importer for that line. I also do not think they have any rifle sights in stock. As far as the OKO-M goes, there is only one person with them in stock.

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:17:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Make SURE you get the guard (and use it)

The Perils of "bargain" optics - or why Milspec stuff really is better.  

Note - this is a on a plinker, NOT a rifle I would entrust my safety to.

So I'm pulling my Claymore out of the safe today, and it's scabbard belt hooks onto my Carbon 15 and tips it out of the safe, onto the basement floor.

Not a bad fall, something an ACOG or an Aimpoint would have easily survived.

Keep in mind, this is a 3.9 lb gun, so there's not that much force on the optic.

While the dot still functions, the lens is shot to hell.  I don't know about the zero.

Think they will warranty it?  

Here's the results:

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:21:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
That is not an OKO .

+1
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:23:52 AM EDT
[#17]
I love my OKO. Never has it failed me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:31:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

They might, call Cav Arms and see what they think.

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The Perils of "bargain" optics - or why Milspec stuff really is better.  

Note - this is a on a plinker, NOT a rifle I would entrust my safety to.

So I'm pulling my Claymore out of the safe today, and it's scabbard belt hooks onto my Carbon 15 and tips it out of the safe, onto the basement floor.

Keep in mind, this is a 3.9 lb gun, so there's not that much force on the optic.

While the dot still functions, the lens is shot to hell.  I don't know about the zero.

Here's the results:

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=141&iGalleryUnq=1637&iImageUnq=31676

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=141&iGalleryUnq=1637&iImageUnq=31675

I've always used red-dots with tubes, Like my Aimpoint.  I've been considering a tubeless dot like the OKO but damn those pics remind me why I like tubes.

Digital
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:17:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I've got 2.

They seem to work pretty well.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Well thank Gawd it's not using tubes!  Cuz that would create heat and more weight... and replacement tubes are hard to find, unless it uses some common ones like a 12AX7... any good music store should have those!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Interesting. What kind of $$$ are the OKO's?

I searched on ebay for "OKO" and got nothing that looked like a sight.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#23]
looks like they are 199.00 shipped from the following web page:
OKO USA
*thanks to "Digitalpunk" for the original posting of the link!

Also any one have the desire to mount this to there weapon?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
looks like they are 199.00 shipped from the following web page:
OKO USA
*thanks to "Digitalpunk" for the original posting of the link!

Also any one have the desire to mount this to there weapon?
www.okousa.com/sitebuilder/images/Parrot_OKO-168x117.jpg

You may want to check if they have any. I'm pretty sure they're back ordered.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:42:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

That's why I've been trying to find an SC3 or preferably an SC4 shroud/mount for the OKO I picked up. I haven't mounted it yet and probably won't until I get a shrouded mount, but the dot looks very good in it.  Hope they fix that.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:59:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Happy with mine
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:02:49 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
What's the difference between the OKO-M and OKO 4W?

Digital

OKO-W is for weaver style mounts. OKO-4W is 4 MOA for weaver mounts.

OKO-S is for pistols.

I love mine. Paralax free and very bright. No washout that I have experienced.

There is a guy on EE selling these for a "deep discount price" of  $230. The above mentioned "OKO USA" has them for $220. It is hard to beat a true military optic for the money.

As for the pictures of the broken  glass, a grain of sand flying in the right conditions can shatter a windshield. Don't drop shit directly on top of your glass in ANY optic. It could break.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top