Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 9:28:47 PM EDT
I saw a chick today with 5 different colored bracelets.  Pink for breast cancer, Yellow for Armstrong, Blue from UMs Children hospital.  2 others I didnt recognize. I am sure they are for good causes but enough is enough.  These are rubberbands people!  It literally costs 1-2 cents or less per peice and the only people really making anything are the chinese that make them!  Now I see them selling them in their gas stations.  Just like those fake patriot magnets.

I think I am going to grab the next one I see and snap the hell out of their wrist!

They made a good concept like those copper ones for POWs and made it cheap.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If I intended to contribute to one of the representative causes, I would skip the bracelet and just give 100% of the money to the effort.

yup, they've become trendy fashion accessories now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If I intended to contribute to one of the representative causes, I would skip the bracelet and just give 100% of the money to the effort.

A big fat +1

Send a check if you believe in the cause!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#4]
This story has always cracked me up:

www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2005/01/03/prsd0103.htm

Proliferating bracelets could pose hazards for patients

The worlds of fashion, fund-raising and patient safety have collided, and the result is a rainbow of colored bracelets that can indicate either support for scientific research or the contents of a patient's living will.

At issue are bracelets that show support for a cause and are the same color as the bracelets hospitals use to identify patients with do-not-resuscitate orders or for other designations. There are concerns about patient safety because, even though the bracelets are made of different materials, the similar colors might cause confusion during an emergency.

Such a concern was first publicly raised within the four Morton Plant Mease Health Care hospitals on Florida's West Coast, which are part of the nine-hospital BayCare Health System. BayCare facilities use a yellow plastic bracelet to indicate a patient's DNR status. The popular LIVESTRONG rubber bracelets sold by the Lance Armstrong Foundation are almost exactly the same color.

Damn, that would suck if you were mistaken for a DNR....
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#5]

+1.....I have been wearing my Ranger KIA bands everyday for years.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I saw a chick today with 5 different colored bracelets.  Pink for breast cancer, Yellow for Armstrong, Blue from UMs Children hospital.  2 others I didnt recognize. I am sure they are for good causes but enough is enough.  These are rubberbands people!  It literally costs 1-2 cents or less per peice and the only people really making anything are the chinese that make them!  Now I see them selling them in their gas stations.  Just like those fake patriot magnets.

I think I am going to grab the next one I see and snap the hell out of their wrist!

They made a good concept like those copper ones for POWs and made it cheap.

Sounds like you need one of those Japaneese baths again Doc!  Patty
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Shit, Patty are you offering?  I will be there with bells on!  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#8]
They are what you make them to be.  

For me, as a testicular cancer survivor - June, 01 the yellow ones mean something.  And for every one I see (any color) I am happy that somebody donated a few bucks to a worthy cause.

If my adopt a sniper bracelet would fit my big ass wrist I would wear that too and damn anybody that judges me as trying to be trendy.  Who really cares what bracelets somebody wears?  Not me - don't have time to really give a shit as to their motives...

I say get over it or send a letter to your representatives to have them banned...
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Shit, Patty are you offering?  I will be there with bells on!  

Have rubber ducky will travel!  Shall I leave my bracelet at home?  Patty
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I wouldnt wear them, they dont bother me though.  I got more stuff to be pissed about
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top