Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2005 12:35:18 PM EDT
"I TOLD YOU SO!!!"

Despite all the negative things I hear people here say about botac.com, I've only had good experiences from them in the 3 times I've ordered from them in the past.  Everything I've purchased has from them arrived on time and their prices are best on just about everything they have.

Last Monday, I placed an order with them for some misc Glock stuff (G36 mags, extensions, etc.) and paid for 3 day Select UPS shipping because I wanted it by the weekend for the range, and for my first IDPA match tonight.  Since I've never had a problem with them in the past, I didn't even bother checking on the order last week.  Needless to say at this point, It's now Tuesday of the following week and I still have not received it.  

I'm pissed off right now, so I call them up to check on the status of my order.  The lady on the phone tells me "Oh, yes.  We're shipping your order out today UPS 3 Day Select".  I said "No.  I demand my shipping be free of charge, since I paid for 3 Day Select over a week ago."  She says "No problem, We'll ship it out today UPS 3 Day Select at no charge to you."  Feeling a little gratified, I almost said thank you, but not before I asked her to confirm with me that they had what I ordered in stock and that it would in fact go out today.  So I asked her to confirm their stock, and sure enough she tells me "Oh, I'm sorry.  We don't have any Glock 36 mags in stock, but we have the Glock 17 mags in stock.  Would you like those instead?"  First of all, WTF?  Second of all, WTF????  And lastly, WTF??????????  I happen to own a G17, but still WTF??????????????????????  

I said to the lady, "Please cancel my order right now and give refund my credit card immediately.  Thank you.  Good bye."

So who's going to be the first to say to me "I told ya so!"?

Link Posted: 7/5/2005 12:39:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I cant say I told you so.
I have ordered from them over a dozen times and I have been satisfied with every order.
But fear not. Someone will be along in a moment to tell you "They told you so".
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#2]
ok, I will
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 12:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I may not have told you so, but others here have told you so!!

Link Posted: 7/5/2005 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#4]
There has to be a first for everything.
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Told you so.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I told ya so!

Ordered twice. Enough.
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 1:10:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm usually thick headed about learning from other peoples mistakes, but I've read enough bad things about Botach that I will never, ever order from them. Your recent experience only reinforces my resolve.
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#8]
IBMM
In Before MarkM

edit... actually, it never seems to matter who you order from, but if you're ordering during this week, for an event coming up THIS WEEKEND, your shit will not show up in time. Thank some guy named Murphy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Someone told you so, and you just ignored it...shame on you.
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I once ordered some mags from them.

Never got any response to any emails I sent to check on the status.

About SIX MONTHS LATER.... I finally got a phone message to somebody who promptly canceled my order (cause sometime during my SIX MONTH wait they decided not to carry my mags anymore)

At least they didn't charge me.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#11]

glad i took previous advice and did not order from em

even web-retail reviews gave em a HORRIBLE rating

Link Posted: 7/5/2005 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Botach is  from another world.

Two years ago it took three months for them to get everything worked out on an order.  Haven't used them since.

Link Posted: 7/5/2005 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Learned my lesson 3 years ago. I'll never order from them again no matter how good their price may be on something I'm looking for.

Forgot what I ordered online, but from previous experience I was expecting timely delivery. After two weeks I called to check and was told that they wouldn't get any in for another two weeks. Called back two weeks later and was told the same thing. Call back in two weeks and guess what? Same story: expecting in two weeks.
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#14]
They are THE worst dealer for LEO/MIL gear. When I graduated from acadeny, I ordered about $400.00 worth of stuff from them. It took me 3 months and a letter from my lawyer to get my money back. Check the EE or Industry for some very good dealers right here on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I just placed an order for all the stuff I originally ordered from Botac PLUS a few other things from Lone Wolf Distributors and am very happy with my decision.  Those guys are great.  I called up and inquired about a holster for my G36 and the guy happened to have a G36 right there with him and made sure the fit in the holster was perfect.  He visually confirmed everything I was ordering was in stock and promised me it would go out tomorrow.  Both of the guys I spoke with were very pleasant and friendly and assuming my stuff gets here by the weekend, I'll be certain to order from them again.
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#16]
They were always great to me
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
They were always great to me

Yeah, me too, until this one and only and last time.  Unfortunately, this was the one time that I actually needed the stuff by a particular time and upgraded the shipping for that reason.  They failed me, and consequently, I didn't even go tonight to the IDPA match I was looking forward to participating in for my first time.  Srew them.  No wonder they get such a bad rap.  It's also no wonder they aren't a participating dealer with ARFCOM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top