Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2005 2:46:00 AM EDT
After two weeks Tube from bombing, the Mayor of London, Ken Livingston, opened again his dirty mouth:

Last update - 11:26 20/07/2005    

London mayor defends the use of Palestinian suicide bombers

By Haaretz Service and News Agencies

Less than two weeks since the London terror attacks, the city's Mayor Ken Livingstone has sparked controversy by defending the use of suicide bombers in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and charging that Israel had indiscriminately slaughtered Palestinians in acts that "border on crimes against humanity."

"Given that the Palestinians don't have jet planes, don't have tanks, they only have their bodies to use as weapons," Livingstone told Sky News in an interview.

"In an unfair balance, that's what people use," said Livingstone, who has often been strongly critical of Israel in the past.

Advertisement

On July 7, more than 50 people died in four London bombings believed to have been carried out by suicide terrorists.

At the time, Livingstone was uncompromising in his condemnation of the terror acts.

Livingstone said that Israel has "done horrendous things which border on crimes against humanity the way they have indiscriminately slaughtered men, women and children in the West Bank and Gaza for decades."

Livingstone also said that he does not distinguish between members of Likud and Hamas, branding them "two sides of the same coin."

"I think it is the Israelis who are leading the stubborn line," said Livingstone. "The Likud and Hamas members are two sides of the same coin. They need each other in order to attract support."

"Each side emphasizes the extremism of the other in order to attract sympathy," Livingstone said.

Livingstone agreed to the interview in the wake of the media frenzy surrounding the possible visit of controversial Muslim cleric Yusuf al-Qaradawi, who has voiced support for Palestinian suicide bombers and has been banned from entering the United States.

Livingstone denied that Qaradawi will visit London,.

"I believe it is forbidden to take human life," Livingstone said. "I will welcome and meet with senior members of the Israeli government if they come here because they serve their country's government even though I believe they have done terrible things bordering on crimes against humanity."

It is ashameful, incredible that a man governing a city just hit by suicide bombers dare to justify other suicide bombers.

I hope that majority of Londoners would think differently.

Link Posted: 7/20/2005 2:48:28 AM EDT
[#1]
hopefully he is out of office soon, what a moroon
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 2:50:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 2:53:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Umm take your head out your ass.

There are lots of reasons people use suicide bombs.

If I put a bomb around your waist and gave you the trigger then tied you up and put you in a corner of a room.

Then I brought one of your family members in the room and executed them would you pull the bomb trigger and blow me up even if you knew you would die too?

No?  Ok what if I brought another family member in and told you I would keep killing them until you blew me up.  Then i killed that second family member.  Would you then?

What if I brought a third family member in?  And there were more like your children and wife that were going to be next?

Would you kill yourself and me to save the rest of your family?

When you live in a world with war,  you have to expect people to do crazy things.  Because war is crazy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 2:58:15 AM EDT
[#4]
wouldn't have been surprised to hear that asshat say that "we deserved it"

He is vehemently anti-war anti US, anti-everything that suggests punishing these animals

makes you wonder who voted for the tool.

then again, Tony Blair is the head of a political party that equates to our liberal democrats
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 2:58:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

If I put a bomb around your waist and gave you the trigger then tied you up and put you in a corner of a room.

Then I brought one of your family members in the room and executed them would you pull the bomb trigger and blow me up even if you knew you would die too?

No?  Ok what if I brought another family member in and told you I would keep killing them until you blew me up.  Then i killed that second family member.  Would you then?

What if I brought a third family member in?  And there were more like your children and wife that were going to be next?

When you live in a world with war,  you have to expect people to do crazy things.  Because war is crazy.

Dude WTF are you talking about?

Get bent
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 3:03:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I dunno what you are talking about...
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 3:05:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I rarely call some one a troll but you are just that.

Some are trollish at times but your just a troll. In the future wait atleast a month before becoming a troll.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 3:25:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Lets see:

Guys who read a book decide that the society is "corrupt" and that they are god's own special little soldiers that are to judge everyone guilty and then carry out executions via bombs, beheadings, or any other means directed at killing and subjugting as many people as possible. And for all of the blood they shed, god is supposedly going to give them a special place in heaven because apparently he has a real problem with women not wearing burkahs but no real problem with people blowing up those minding their own buisness.....

I think we understand them pretty well.

Now that we understand them, how about we STOP them? Sound good to you, Mr. Mayor?
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 3:38:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I dunno what you are talking about...

Not to worry, neither does he.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 3:57:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The server at www.iaminsane.com must be down again.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 4:01:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, thankfully we live in a country where real men, like Mayor Rudy, would have rather personally shot and killed some homocide bombers. Something tells me that Rudy didn't care to 'understand' the homocide bombers.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 4:06:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well, thankfully we live in a country where real men, like Mayor Rudy, would have rather personally shot and killed some homocide bombers. Something tells me that Rudy didn't care to 'understand' the homocide bombers.

You beat me to it.  Your mayor is a pandoring, pussified, sack of shit.  He should be ashamed and the people of London should protest his disgusting view, especially when he stated that he thinks the English would have become suicide bombers if they lived in the terrorists countries.

This sniveling bitch is a disgrace!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 4:08:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Your blabbering idiot non-sense deserves no more intelligable a response than for me to say, "Sir, you seem to have some poo between your ears."

Nothing further, troll boy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 4:12:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 4:33:23 AM EDT
[#15]
This is why we fail...

Nobody in "power" has any balls
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 4:50:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I would be turning those mfr's in left and right to save my family and way of life. Obviously very few get turned in.

Ohh btw , enjoy your short stay you CPF
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 4:51:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ooooooooooooooooookay

Aimless, do we get to see something funny soon?
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 4:53:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, here we go the PC ROPer apologists in the government start up....this is why it will be difficult to win the "war on terror"....until everyone gets on the boat and realizes there is no understanding of these people, we will continue to lose.....
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 4:55:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
"Sir, you seem to have some poo between your ears."

I lolled (It's funny because it's true)
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 5:01:10 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
This is why we fail...

Exactly, no one in power has the balls to address the real issue of killing all of these bastards before they kill all of us.

The dipshit that  posted the response regarding blowing up family members is indicative of the radical mindset that Israel has been facing for years.

We are in a battle for our very existence but the fucking brain dead liberals are willing to piecemeal our freedoms away to appease the radical islamofacists.

We need to bomb these cocksuckers back into the first stone age while we still have the upper hand and before it is too late.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 5:14:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Jesus H Christmas! I remember when Rove said that after 9-11, liberals wanted to get people therapy and "understand" our attackers! I thought for sure he was ful of shit cause i did'nt really get that feeling from liberals after 9-11. But now I see he was CORRECT! These "perma-pacifists" are like a fifth column! There is only one reason to "study" the enemy politically........... to figure out how to kill them better!! Do a little recce work!! Look I'm against the isreali ocupation as WELL, but there is a disconnect between palestinian bombers and the generalised terrorists that follow Osama. Even if we let Isreal sink into the ocean we would still get attacked by them. Don;'t forget they basically have like 1000 reasons why America must be attacked, Isreal is only one of them! Now i would like to close with the phrase "Arabish rous!"
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 6:47:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is why we fail...

Exactly, no one in power has the balls to address the real issue of killing all of these bastards before they kill all of us.

The dipshit that  posted the response regarding blowing up family members is indicative of the radical mindset that Israel has been facing for years.

We are in a battle for our very existence but the fucking brain dead liberals are willing to piecemeal our freedoms away to appease the radical islamofacists.

We need to bomb these cocksuckers back into the first stone age while we still have the upper hand and before it is too late.

I think we are meant to offer them a cuddle first. Afterall they only want us dead
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 6:50:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Jesus H Christmas! I remember when Rove said that after 9-11, liberals wanted to get people therapy and "understand" our attackers! I thought for sure he was ful of shit cause i did'nt really get that feeling from liberals after 9-11. But now I see he was CORRECT! These "perma-pacifists" are like a fifth column! There is only one reason to "study" the enemy politically........... to figure out how to kill them better!! Do a little recce work!! Look I'm against the isreali ocupation as WELL, but there is a disconnect between palestinian bombers and the generalised terrorists that follow Osama. Even if we let Isreal sink into the ocean we would still get attacked by them. Don;'t forget they basically have like 1000 reasons why America must be attacked, Isreal is only one of them! Now i would like to close with the phrase "Arabish rous!"

"Palestinian" bombings of Jews in what is now Israel and the territories go back to the 1870's. It's nothing new and predates the re-establishment of the State of Israel by 70 years. The "occupation" is their latest excuse.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#24]
"Understand" as in knowing our enemies, hell yes, the more we know about the way they tick, the more we can plan to defeat them.  Understanding doesn't necessarily mean agreeing with them.

And taking suicidal risks or  sacrificing one's self in combat is not foreign to the American Military.  In fact, we often award and celebrate our soldiers who have sacrificed themselves for the cause. How many Congressional Medals of Honor have gone to men who threw themselves on grenades, stayed back to allow their buddies to withdraw, etc etc etc.

Just because you don't believe in their cause as important doesn't mean that it isn't important to them.  And when men feel something is worth dying for, poo-pooing their cause is asking to be surprised.  

[John Wayne] "A man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do."[/John Wayne]

Gary Cooper in "High Noon"

Pickett's Charge

Forlorn Hopes

The knucklehead that lives in a redwood tree for years and then fall out.  ooops bad example

Rorkes Drift  

The Charge of the Light Brigade

The CSS Hunley

Bunker Hill

Culloden

Link Posted: 7/20/2005 11:11:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Thats just insane. These nutjobs have been murdering for ages. War is not the reason they do it. Insane clingings to a  death cult is the reason.

Please do us all a favor and go live with them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't think many of us here like the guy either....

Ohh by the way
anyone else get the feeling "rit" is a fresh troll account?
he's got a short fuse that one

Taffy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top