Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/22/2005 6:56:26 PM EDT
The last 3 years i've been heading to BPS early to buy Winchester Q3131A for $2.88 per box of 20 rounds.

I don't know for sure if this ammo goes on sale tomorrow, but I stocked up the last 3 years during this annual sale.

Cities are as follows: Sale starts in these cities first

Atlanta, GA               July 23-31  
Ft. Lauderdale, FL      July 23-31
Savannah, GA           July 23-31
Myrtle Beach, SC       July 23-31
Harrisburg, PA           July 23-31

I'll be there when the doors open and i'll post my findings upon returning home.

Unless, someone wants to call me at 10 am EST and i'll confirm or deny the sale price for Q3131A.

I just thought i'd give everyone a heads up. LMK.

HS1

ETA: That's $144 per 1000 rounds plus sales tax. I hope so!
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks, I live like 7 minutes away from the one here in Atlanta.  I will have to drop by tomorrow and check out the prices
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Just my luck:

I just ordered 3.4K of ammo via Internet shopping and now I'm out of money for ammo until September.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just my luck:

I just ordered 3.4K of ammo via Internet shopping and Inow 'm out of money for ammo until September.

No guarantees yet, as usual this sale price is purely speculative.
With ammo shortages, it might be a no-go.
But if it is a go, oh baby. I'll be ammo rich and cash poor.

HS1
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 7:29:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Last year, the Bass Pro Shop in Orlando never got the Winchester Q3131A in for the sale.  It was back ordered.  

Some people got rain checks, some didn't.    

Good luck getting the ammo or rain checks.  

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I havn't seen any win white box ammo at Bass Pro in a long time.  UMC is all i see lately.

Link Posted: 7/22/2005 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#7]
What about Nashville???
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Forget Winchester at the Ft. Lauderdale store. I haven't seem that stuff in months. They are advertising Remington 223 for $3.49 a box of 20.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Last year, the Bass Pro Shop in Orlando never got the Winchester Q3131A in for the sale.  It was back ordered.  

Some people got rain checks, some didn't.    

Good luck getting the ammo or rain checks.  

Colt_SBR  

same in Charlotte.  I got a raincheck and UMC in the end.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 7:18:32 AM EDT
[#10]
NO Q3131A TO BE HAD!!!

Remington UMC .223 55 grain $34.90 per 200 rounds.

Winchester White Box 100 round value-pack 9mm 115 grain $10.88 per 100 rounds.
Tax free, so $108.80 per 1000 rounds.

Not bad, but i'm stocked up on 9mm.

I didn't spend a penny.

BTW, SureFire Defender E2D for $109.99

I HATE BASS PRO SHOPS

HS1
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 7:22:21 AM EDT
[#11]
<---Enjoying the Employee Discount AND Hunting Classic deals
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 7:23:03 AM EDT
[#12]
sadly, i live nowhere near a BPS.

then again, knowing you guys, i wouldn't make it in time anyway to catch the deal.

Link Posted: 7/23/2005 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Enjoying the Employee Discount AND Hunting Classic deals

Yeah right, with the huge mark-up BPS has, you are getting no deal whatsoever.
More like actual retail price.

Much better deals can be had scouring the EE right here on ARFCOM.

Fuck BPS!!!!!

HS1
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 7:30:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck BPS!!!!!

HS1

So then why are you so disappointed if better deals can be had? Oh btw, to any prospective buyws in Ft. Lauderdale, there is no WWB .223

Did you expect Q1313A to be found during the classic? They haven't had any Q1313a since November 04
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So then why are you so disappointed if better deals can be had?

I'm talking prices on things besides ammo during the sales event.

Don't get me wrong, there's no place else better to stock up on plastic fishing worms or steel bullet weights.

$529.99 for a Glock 19 is rediculous IMHO.

Unless the Q3131A shows up at BPS for $2.88 per 20, I don't walk in that place all year long.

HS1
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 8:07:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
HS1

At least your BP carries Glocks.  Last time I was there, they only had Ruger Mk. IIs and Redhawks.  I think that they've quit stocking handguns altogether at ours, but I haven't looked in quite some time.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 8:10:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck BPS!!!!!

HS1

I am always surprised at people who get upset with companies wanting to make a profit.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
HS1

At least your BP carries Glocks.  Last time I was there, they only had Ruger Mk. IIs and Redhawks.  I think that they've quit stocking handguns altogether at ours, but I haven't looked in quite some time.

The hunting manager for the Ft. Lauderdale store doesn't know a damn thing about hunting. He orders what the hunting team leader tells him to order, the team leader likes tactical stuff and is trying to get them to be able to order Bushmasters.

My location has Surefire Lights, Sigs, Smith and Wesson, Ruger, Glock, Browning Hi Powers, even Desert Eagles. They are getting a good selection.

And what do you expect to pay for a gun at a gun store? Everyone knows that the prices online can almost never be had at a gun retailer.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck BPS!!!!!

HS1

I am always surprised at people who get upset with companies wanting to make a profit.

SGatr15

+1, not to mention Bass Pro will beat any competitor's price.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 8:19:25 AM EDT
[#20]
The Bass Pro by me rocks... and they haven't had Q3131a since the 03 classic.

What's the point in complaining about it? The stock of Q3131a is pretty much dried up. If you didn't get in while the getting was good, who's fault is that? (FWIW I have some Q but I missed the 03 classic for the great deal so I have noone to blame buy myself)
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 8:33:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Just got back from the BPS outside of Atlanta off I-85 @ Discover Mills.

No Q3131A at all.

Hell of a lot of Bubbas!!!!  

The store was packed, the parking lot was filling up too, good thing it is mall with lots of parking!!  

Link Posted: 7/23/2005 8:47:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

HS1

Now I remember why I don't sell those damn things.

Let's see dealer price on a Glock is $450 + 2nd day shipping to me ($40) for a total of $490.00 and if you try and even make 10% ($45.00) your total price would be $535.00 and you become the "Biggest Ripoff Bastard Bullshit Price Asshole" on the planet.

The funniest part is I remember quoting a good customer of mine my "actual cost" once on a Glock $490 and he told me he was gonna look around and see if he could find it cheaper.

Link Posted: 7/23/2005 8:55:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You work at the Lauderdale one? I was thinking of going down there today but they are weak in the FMJ ammo if I recall.

Heck I am going anyway I like to look around as its a real nice shop.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 9:00:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You work at the Lauderdale one? I was thinking of going down there today but they are weak in the FMJ ammo if I recall.

I work at the restaurant that is attached to it. Islamorada Fish Company. It's all owned by Johnny Morris, so I get the bennies of Bass Pro. I'm the office manager for the restaurant. They have a shitload of 9mm just waiting to be taken, umc and wwb.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm glad to see evil scary black semi-auto pistols back at BPS and i'd love to see BM there also.

Evidently, one would surmise that Q3131A is unavailable in the masses which were present at last years sale. The price last year was $2.88 box/20. This year for UMC is $3.49 box/20.

Jesus, i'm not against anyone making a profit. I can see how folks just waltz in and throw down the coin that BPS is asking for a particular item. A majority of consumers are uneducated and impulse purchases are a retailers dream. I guess my anger is misplaced and should be properly directed at the dumb-ass consumers who pay more $ for something that can be had elsewhere for less.

SA, I like you. You're a cool guy who's knowledge and collection of firearms would be the envy of any one of us. And I know you didn't even show me the tip of the iceberg when it comes to your collection.
But, I wish your office could be flooded with consumers ready and willing to buy $700 G19s from you, all day long.

I am HighStrung, and therefore certain personality traits such as misplaced anger should be taken into account when judging me. If I offended anyone, I apologize.

HS1

Link Posted: 7/23/2005 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I work at the restaurant that is attached to it. Islamorada Fish Company. It's all owned by Johnny Morris, so I get the bennies of Bass Pro. I'm the office manager for the restaurant. They have a shitload of 9mm just waiting to be taken, umc and wwb.

Cool I usually grab some Sushi when I go in. Gonna go in today and grab some 9mm.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 10:19:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Ritalin.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Ritalin

I'm over it now.

BTW, does the dept. know?

HS1
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

SA, I like you. You're a cool guy who's knowledge and collection of firearms would be the envy of any one of us. And I know you didn't even show me the tip of the iceberg when it comes to your collection.
But, I wish your office could be flooded with consumers ready and willing to buy $700 G19s from you, all day long.

I am HighStrung, and therefore certain personality traits such as misplaced anger should be taken into account when judging me. If I offended anyone, I apologize.

HS1

$700 is a bit much. I was just noting that $529 isn't "rediculous."

And you're gonna have to try harder than that to offend me.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HS1

[robinwilliams]Fuck you my good man![/robinwilliams]
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HS1

[robinwilliams]Fuck you my good man![/robinwilliams]

I know where you work and how to find you.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck BPS!!!!!

HS1

SGatr15

I remember a guy saying you wanted to make a big profit on him recently on a rifle rack. Took him making it publicly known for him to get a refund as I recall. Was this worked out?
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 12:39:10 PM EDT
[#33]
I have to drive 4 hours, round trip on I4 , to get to the Bass Pro shop in Orlando.  

I'm not going to waist my time & nerves and not get what I want.  I may become one of the "special" few that are "awarded" a rain check.  If they ever get the ammo in, I'll have to drive another 4 hrs, on I4, to buy the ammo.  

Sorry, Bass Pro, your not worth my time and energy to put up with the B.S. for the pleasure of attempting to give you some on my money.  

I'm going to cut up my Bass Pro Shop credit card (I acquired last year to save money on ammo) and get on with my miserable life, without the aggravation.  

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#34]
I hit my local BPS this morning. Just wanted to see if they may have had some Q3131A on the shelf. Well to my suprise, not a box of Q3131A to be found.

Did buy a case of Win 9mm ValuePacks for $108.80... Come to find out the flyer from 2 weeks ago had the same Win 9mm VP for 9.88.... What a sale, the Fall Classic prices are actually higher than the last sale
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I hit my local BPS this morning. Just wanted to see if they may have had some Q3131A on the shelf. Well to my suprise, not a box of Q3131A to be found.

Did buy a case of Win 9mm ValuePacks for $108.80... Come to find out the flyer from 2 weeks ago had the same Win 9mm VP for 9.88.... What a sale, the Fall Classic prices are actually higher than the last sale

I'd take the 9mm ammo back and get a refund.  Then wait till it goes off sale and stock up for the cheaper price.  

They're "F'ing" us, "F" them.  

Colt_SBR  

Link Posted: 7/23/2005 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I HATE BASS PRO SHOPS

+1

They won't sell "anything tactical" nor will they sell any black rilfes but they sure as hell will see you all the accessories for them you can buy. GD hypocrites, IMO.

Link Posted: 7/23/2005 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I'm not going to waist my time & nerves

Maybe if ya lost weight, ya wouldn't "waist" so much??????    
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 9:14:51 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HS1

Let's see dealer price on a Glock is $450 + 2nd day shipping to me ($40) for a total of $490.00 and if you try and even make 10% ($45.00) your total price would be $535.00 and you become the "Biggest Ripoff Bastard Bullshit Price Asshole" on the planet.

The funniest part is I remember quoting a good customer of mine my "actual cost" once on a Glock $490 and he told me he was gonna look around and see if he could find it cheaper.

You need a different supplier if you pay $450 for a Glock. I call BS
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

If LEO's can buy personal Glocks for $385, why is SA paying $450 dealer price.

SteyrAUG once told me he wouldn't get a Glock for me. Wouldn't do it.
He sold me my postban and first AR15, a NIB Bushmaster at a good price.
I'm sure he'll take no offense if I seek the OD G19 I want somewhere else.

My rant was born from frustration of the crappy ammo deals I encountered today. Only furthering my frustration was my acquisition of the ammo in question at last years sale in which 2K rounds of Q3131A
came home with me. I refuse to pay $.61 more per 20 rounds for UMC. I just don't have any experience with it in the 5.56x45 55 grain applications.

HS1
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HS1

Bullshit right back.

Dealer price on Glock models are about $450 (440-475). This is the price from Davidsons (probably the largest LE distributor), Jerry's LE (probably the second largest distributor) and just about everyone else.

You cannot buy NEW Glocks cheaper than that unless it's a going out of business sale.

But retail expectations are not much higher which is one of the reasons I don't waste my time.

ETA: I just bought a OD Glock 17 (black ones cost the same) for myself this month and it was $445 (the cheapest dealer price available) + s/h.

I'd love to hear your source for cheaper NIB Glocks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 10:10:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If LEO's can buy personal Glocks for $385, why is SA paying $450 dealer price.

SteyrAUG once told me he wouldn't get a Glock for me. Wouldn't do it.
He sold me my postban and first AR15, a NIB Bushmaster at a good price.
I'm sure he'll take no offense if I seek the OD G19 I want somewhere else.

My rant was born from frustration of the crappy ammo deals I encountered today. Only furthering my frustration was my acquisition of the ammo in question at last years sale in which 2K rounds of Q3131A
came home with me. I refuse to pay $.61 more per 20 rounds for UMC. I just don't have any experience with it in the 5.56x45 55 grain applications.

HS1

LEOs buying from an agency do not pay excise tax for one thing.

Also "agency prices" are probably a bit low than dealer prices. However I suspect that even LEOs pay more than $385 unless we are talking "pre owned."
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 10:17:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Glocks are overpriced from the factory.  It probably costs Glock $30 to make that gun.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
However I suspect that even LEOs pay more than $385 unless we are talking "pre owned."

Negative. A LEO ID will get you a NIB Glock for $385. National in Davie price and IINM Lou's
in Hialeah also.

HS1
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
However I suspect that even LEOs pay more than $385 unless we are talking "pre owned."

Negative. A LEO ID will get you a NIB Glock for $385. National in Davie price and IINM Lou's
in Hialeah also.

HS1

Then that is with excise tax included.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

in Hialeah also.

HS1

Yeah something "wrong" there.

Dealer from EVERY FFL distributor is about $450 and these guys are selling them for $385?

Can't be NIB.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 10:30:14 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Dealer from EVERY FFL distributor is about $450 and these guys are selling them for $385?

Can't be NIB.

I'm telling you. LEO and Military ID will get you a NIB 3rd gen. Glock pistol for $385.
I was there (National in Davie) a couple of weeks ago and it was posted on the fron door.
The only thing on the front door and I commented to my buddy its a shame he wasn't either LEO or Mil. because he was about to pay $479 plus tax/backround check for the same G19.

Call them if you don't believe me. As for Lou's, i'm going on hearsay.

HS1
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 10:45:50 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't be NIB.

I'm telling you. LEO and Military ID will get you a NIB 3rd gen. Glock pistol for $385.
I was there (National in Davie) a couple of weeks ago and it was posted on the fron door.
The only thing on the front door and I commented to my buddy its a shame he wasn't either LEO or Mil. because he was about to pay $479 plus tax/backround check for the same G19.

Call them if you don't believe me. As for Lou's, i'm going on hearsay.

HS1

I'm sure it's Gen 3 but I'm doubting it is NIB. A dealer simply can't buy them that cheap.

Next time your up this way I'll break out the catalogs and show ya. Seen a lot of "exc. condition" G3s in that price range though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:10:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I'm sure it's Gen 3 but I'm doubting it is NIB. A dealer simply can't buy them that cheap.

Next time your up this way I'll break out the catalogs and show ya. Seen a lot of "exc. condition" G3s in that price range though.

Maybe Glock has something to do with this price for LEO/MIL.
If they are used, National isn't representing them as used.

Any chance of a used Gen3 G19 in OD?

HS1
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:17:56 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe Glock has something to do with this price for LEO/MIL.
If they are used, National isn't representing them as used.

Any chance of a used Gen3 G19 in OD?

HS1

OK, here's the thing.

NIB G3 Glocks FROM the two biggest LE distributors in the country (Davidsons and Jerry's) are about $450 each. You have to be a FFL to have an account (you can't simply order and have them ship to your FFL buddy) and that is the price FOR LE / military sales.

That is what I've been trying to tell you.

And I've seen a LOT of places sell "exc. to like new" Glocks and not point out that they are used.

As for used ODs, they are probably too new to see an "used" ones for sale and I'm pretty sure they will all be G3s.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:21:20 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
As for used ODs, they are probably too new to see an "used" ones for sale and I'm pretty sure they will all be G3s.

Uh yeah, duh on my part. OD Glocks should all be third gens. My bad.

I'm going to National on Monday and get to the bottom of this. I'm gonna call them out.
I'll post my findings in this thread.

HS1
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top