Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/2/2005 10:37:23 AM EDT
I havent been able to sleep good in the last month.  Dont really even feel that motivated to eat anything right now either, Im hungry but dont really want everything.  

I havent gotten any info on what time Im supposed to start work at new job Monday and they were supposed to call me today.  Not feeling like messing with my guns much either.  I feel like leaving work right now but dont have anywhere I can go

I got to start packing stuff in the car when I get home tonight.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:40:52 AM EDT
[#1]
What are you loading up in the car?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#2]
You're too damned young to be tired, get crack'n!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Everything of value so I can leave it somewhere else, probaly going to leave stickers on it showing fiar market value when I do too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everything of value so I can leave it somewhere else, probaly going to leave stickers on it showing fiar market value when I do too.

?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Buddy, your talking in circles

Go home and get some sleep
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:48:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Doing what, I dont have anything to get done, other then getting that loose exhuast pipe off, might do that tonight.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#7]
You have Depression.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Buddy, your talking in circles

Go home and get some sleep

Cant sleep get woken up every few hours when I try.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:50:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You have Depression.

I have alot of problems with no nice fix for them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Tax, what are you going to do with your exhaust?

I've been brainstorming ways to do the exhaust on my truck since my muffler is shot, but I don't know how to weld nor do I have a welder.  I wish there was some kind of slip-on joint or something you could attach.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doing what, I dont have anything to get done, other then getting that loose exhuast pipe off, might do that tonight.

Get that copy of the FFL sent to me and that ammo
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I've been brainstorming ways to do the exhaust on my truck since my muffler is shot, but I don't know how to weld nor do I have a welder.  I wish there was some kind of slip-on joint or something you could attach.

Got the drivers side pipe broken right past the rear wheel, just gonna take it off, after the alingment shop put a hole in it further up its loud, I have dont like the loose pipe hanging.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:54:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get that copy of the FFL sent to me and that ammo

Ammo is at home and Im at work, if I leave work Im not going back there
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#14]
are you just going to use a reciprocating saw or something?  I wish I wasn't broke or I would get on my exhaust today after work too..
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#15]

I have alot of problems with no nice fix for them.

But......there are fixes for them just not easy ones. Take the bull by the horns and fix your problems
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Taxman ask your parents to leave.  They're driving you nuts.  You have enough on your plate to have their crap crammed down your neck.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are you talking about?

It sounds like you're going to load up all of your stuff, mark what it's worth to sell, then leave it for someone? What are you planning on offing yourself or something?

Get help.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
are you just going to use a reciprocating saw or something?  I wish I wasn't broke or I would get on my exhaust today after work too..

Just get it off the hanger somehow, then will pull right away.

I'll fix it someday, maybe.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#19]
So do you have aftermarket exhaust on the car?  I' mthinking about going with some glass packs or something from Autozone.  Flowmasters are too elite for my taste.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Taxman,
Sounds like you are.....uh,........Taxed.

Have you seen a doc about a sleep aid perhaps?  Some good sound sleep (read : rest) might be exactly what you need to start feeling better.   People don't realize just how important rest is for the body/mind.   Think about it.  You may not have to take a sleep aid ever day but getting rest is important whether you think so or no
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It sounds like you're going to load up all of your stuff, mark what it's worth to sell, then leave it for someone? What are you planning on offing yourself or something?

Think of that a few times everyday, run through ideas, never have one Im sure would work 100%.  I over think things so I want it all to line up, plan for my stuff so whoever gets it knows what its worth, leave money for cremation approx $2000 sitting there with signed titles/forms to everything and all bank/investment info.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
So do you have aftermarket exhaust on the car?  I' mthinking about going with some glass packs or something from Autozone.  Flowmasters are too elite for my taste.

Came with flowmasters with H pipe when I got it, it wasnt that loud with flowmasters, with the hole its kinda loud, but some people pay good money for that, the place screwing up caused it to sound that way for free.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:04:37 AM EDT
[#23]

I really don't want to sound stupid, but what is an H-pipe?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I really don't want to sound stupid, but what is an H-pipe?

me thinks he needs to lay off the pipe
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think of that a few times everyday, run through ideas, never have one Im sure would work 100%.  I over think things so I want it all to line up, plan for my stuff so whoever gets it knows what its worth, leave money for cremation approx $2000 sitting there with signed titles/forms to everything and all bank/investment info.

You could save the cremation money by drugging yourself unconscious and then setting the house on fire around you.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Taxman:

Get help.NOW!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Taxman:

Get help.NOW!

+1
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's no need to hurry something like that along.
Things can change for the better no matter what has happened so far and no matter how unlikely it seems.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Taxman:

Get help.NOW!

+1

+2
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Tax,don't even think of that sh##t again!Your life is to important,f##ck all this shit and don't give up.Does anyone here know Tax personally or live close by?I think everyone will agree that if you need some help or whatever we are here,just let us know.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Jesus, Taxman.......talk to somebody. Your posts have been more and more scary lately. You seem like a really nice guy with a great sense of humor, but you're stuck in a serious funk. I went through a rough patch when the ex and I split, and just talking to a counsellor helped. It's dirt cheap (or free) and makes life a lot more fun. Man up and give it a shot. We need you and your forts around here!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Tax,

I've been tired like you are several times in my life, but I've always pulled through for the better.  Its not worth it.  What ever the problem is, parents, job, etc, you need to get rid of it or them.  Its not worth it if its making you that unhappy.  Kick someones ass if you have to, but don't do what your indicating.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Tax,
Kick someones ass if you have to, but don't do what your indicating.

Bill3508

seriously
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Taxman:

Get help.NOW!

+1

+2

+3.  Taxman, it seems like you have a lot of heavy-duty stuff going on in your life.

Parents? You're in your twenties aren't you, see if you can move out?

Job? You're getting a new one?

I agree with seeing a counselor.  I was going to a psychotherapist, and it was helping me a bit, I quit going because I was better, but things got real busy.  I'd say go to counseling.  Maybe what you need is a professional who you can talk to.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Hey Taxman, have you ever had blood tests for testosterone levels? No joke, low levels can have a whole slew of interactive effects on the mood. It might be that one thing thats being missed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Has anyone heard from Taxman?  He has me concerned.  I hope and pray that he is just resting.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Have you never heard of exhaust clamps, oversize pipe and hacksaws? We use to fix broken exhausts like that all the time, when I was poor and in scholl in the 80's. Just cut your bad section of pipe out like a cancer, join it together with the slightly oversize pipe and clamp the hell out of it. You replace the muffler or converter the same way. Skinned knuckles, sure, but it works.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Tylenol PM is your friend.

You WILL sleep.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:54:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Has anyone heard from Taxman?  He has me concerned.  I hope and pray that he is just resting.

Patty

Im here, I went and got food, now I feel sick
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

Im here, I went and got food, now I feel sick

I'm sorry you don't feel well.  I'm glad you're still here though! Patty
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Who lives close to this guy? Someone needs to visit the fort and lend him a hand.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:33:13 PM EDT
[#42]
My Lord Taxman, just start exercising a bit. Go for a walk around the neighborhood. Time yourself, maybe start a bit of jogging. I can tell you from personal experience that exercise does WONDERS for your attitude and outlook. Makes sleeping a snap, makes eating more fun and gets rid of the aggression/stress of daily life.

Dont let the rut suck you in man.

Stomp the rut flat and fill it in and move on your way.

Take charge of your life.

And like some other guys on here have suggested, the Military would be great for you. Get you focused and motivated. Ingrain the idea of goal accomplishment. The Military isnt a a panacea for ALL your ills but would surely solve a bunch.

BE SOMEBODY

DO SOMETHING

If you are considering packing all your stuff up, do it. Then march your arse down to a recruiter and get to it. Quit the dead end jobs and boredom and get MOTIVATED. You will make alot of great friends and enjoy belonging to a group.

Take care Taxman, you will be in my prayers.

Dram out
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Think of that a few times everyday, run through ideas, never have one Im sure would work 100%.  

Chin up, dude.

I dunno if you're familiar with Pat Croce, the former president/owner of the Philadephia 76ers, but in one of his excellent motivational books he wrote that no problem ever gets solved/better by doing nothing about it.  

So what you need is a plan to solve your problems.  Most people give up on formulating that plan and just ignore their problems.  That isn't going to work.  You need a plan to fix your problems before they will get fixed!

Trust me, the simple act of formulating a plan to solve your problems will take an enormous load off your shoulders.  This is because you've got a solution to fix your dilemmas, which is beneficial from a psychological standpoint.

Then once you've got your plan, put it into action.  Immediately.  Why wait?  Waiting never made anything get better, except for bottles of wine and scotch.  You are neither.

Go see a counselor (your workplace may provide employee counseling for free -- mine does) and start on your plan today!  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Good lord taxman! Youve got alot to live for and its too early to bail out. At least wait 30 more years till youve given a better swing at life. Life would be boring if there were no obstacles. We all get in ruts that never seem to end sometimes but they do.

Have you ever thought about becoming a comedian?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:52:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Go into business as a professional fort builder.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#46]
There are entire books written that explain what I'm about to say:

You are tired and depressed because you choose to be. You can be happy and content if you choose to be.

Pick up a copy of "Today Matters", by John C. Maxwell. I'll chip in for it, if I have to.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#47]
I've been there, dude.  Life seems like it's not going to get any better or if it does it's going to take so long to do so that it's not worth it.  You think about easy ways of getting out.  But that's a permanent solution to temporary problems, bud.  I know things are rough, but you've got to step back and look at things in context.  You're young, you're healthy, and you live in the United States of America.  Right there, despite your problems, you have a better life than 99.9% of the people in world.  Worry and regret are useless emotions; there's nothing that we can do about either of them.  Just take a breather, maybe have a couple of beers or whatever you have to do to relax, get some sleep, wake up and figure out a plan to deal with your problems.  Figure out exactly what you don't have to suck up, what you will have to suck up, how long you're going to have to suck it up, and then suck it up and press on.  Don't be afraid to accept help from those who are in a position to give it, just be strong and move forward and things will get better.  And you'll be a stronger and better person for having been through hardship.

Relax, bro, and just do what you need to do to get thru this OK.  

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#48]
There are alot of people with worse problems than you, and they don't all commit suicide. Are you gonna let a bunch of people, who you're better than, get one over on you? Or be tougher than you? Cheer up, dude, things always have a way of working out. Maybe you should look into a religion or something?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Taxman it sounds like the exhaust from your truck has poisoned you pretty good -- That Carbon monoxide will do that, even if you just get small quantities every day.  It takes a few days to purge it, so if you get it a little at a time it just makes you sick.  If you got a lot, you'd be dead.

Get that damn truck to a muffler shop and tell them to fix it up cheap, and work out a payment plan.  Don't bother rolling down your windows for fresh air, that's not going to do the trick.  Get it fixed or get another ride.

Also get a brisk walk in the fresh air  -- twice a day if you can.  Your body/brain needs to get back to oxygen mode.  The CO from your truck exhaust is plugging up your hemoglobin, and nothing will work right until its back to normal.  

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
There are alot of people with worse problems than you, and they don't all commit suicide. Are you gonna let a bunch of people, who you're better than, get one over on you? Or be tougher than you? Cheer up, dude, things always have a way of working out. Maybe you should look into a religion or something?

That wouldnt bother me that much.

Not touching the religion route.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top