Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 7:20:20 PM EDT
This is an email my mom sent me today. Could be a dupe here, and nothing most of us don't already know. Very basic shit frankly, but thought a few of you might want to cut & paste it in to an email or two and send it out.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The recent bombings in London reminded me of how far removed we have become from the realities of 9/11.

But should we be surprised?

Please pause a moment, reflect back, and take the following simple multiple choice test. The events are actual cuts from past history. Do you remember?

1. In 1968, Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by

a. Superman
b. Jay Leno
c. Harry Potter
d. a Muslim male extremist between the age of 17 and 40

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by

a. Olga Corbett
b. Sitting Bull
c. Arnold Schwarzenegger
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by

a. Lost Norwegians
b. Elvis
c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by

a. John Dillinger
b. The King of Sweden
c. The Boy Scouts

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by

a. A pizza delivery boy
b. Pee Wee Herman
c. Geraldo Rivera

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered
and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by

a. The Smurfs
b. Davy Jones
c. The Little Mermaid

7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was
murdered by

a. Captain Kidd
b. Charles Lindberg
c. Mother Teresa

8. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by

a. Scooby Doo
b. The Tooth Fairy
c. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid

9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by

a. Richard Simmons
b. Grandma Moses
c. Michael Jordan

10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:

a. Mr. Rogers
b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill' s women problems
c. The World Wrestling Federation

11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and
of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the
passengers. Thousands of people were killed by

a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
b. The Supreme Court of Florida
c. Mr. Bean

12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
a. Enron
b. The Lutheran Church
c. The NFL

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
a. Bonnie and Clyde
b. Captain Kangaroo
c. Billy Graham

Nope, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you? Yeah, right!

So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people. They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winner and former South Dakota Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim males between the ages 17 and 40 alone because of profiling.

Let's send this to as many people as we can so that the Gloria Aldreds and other dunder-headed attorneys along with Federal Justices that want to thwart common sense, feel doubly ashamed of themselves - if they have any such sense.

As the writer of the award winning story "Forrest Gump" so aptly put it, "Stupid is as stupid does."

Come on people wake up! Keep this going. Pass it on to everyone in your address book even if you did this last year. Our Country and our troops need our support!

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Bout sums it up.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know if it is a dupe......but I got it several weeks ago.

It is all true.
I don't even know why it is an issue.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm gonna go with D
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#4]
M4, for once we agree  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I see a pattern there
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I say profile the old white granny types for expediting. Who's ever left over...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Know matter what your "current ethical perceptions" may be, if you think about it, it just makes sense to narrow down the list of "suspects" to an individual race/ethnic/religious persuasion simply because the vast majority of the people who would do us harm are of one category.  It is simple efficiency.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Know matter what your "current ethical perceptions" may be, if you think about it, it just makes sense to narrow down the list of "suspects" to an individual race/ethnic/religious persuasion simply because the vast majority of the people who would do us harm are of one category.  It is simple efficiency.

But........the civil rights activists and the muslims KEEP saying that profiling is a bad idea
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
M4, for once we agree  

Pretty sure we'd agree on a whole bunch of stuff. Call it a hunch.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#10]

They don't like it, I will personally help them pack up and leave.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Profile, hell, if you get linked to terrorism I think you should be deported (shot )

I fully support profiling
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Paul Harvey
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#13]
It has lately been coined "statistical profiling"...
Lets see how long it takes shit for brains Mayor Daley (Chicago) to force all members of the cities PD to sign a new department "order" taking an oath that they will not conduct statistical profiling as a crime fighting tool. He already did it with "racial profiling" a few years back.  What a pussy, he's soo scared of Jessie Jackson, he doesnt even realize that he's feeding right into his frivilous ploy.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#14]
A strange incident happened to me once, that will now cause me to look at Arabs with a little more suspicion in certain circumstances...

I was going to college at Henry Ford Community College in Dearborn Michigan, which I think is the area in the US that has the highest concentration of Arabian people.  I have nothing against Arabs really, I eat alot of Middle Eastern food because it's really good, and I go to alot of Arab businesses, because they are cool to me.  Alot of the white owners of the businesses around here are complete dicks.  Anyways back to the story.  

So I'm sitting in math class one day, and the professor is lecturing.  In comes this Arab guy who is a bit older(27-28 probably), he comes in and slams the door, and slams his backpack on the desk really loudly.  Actually this happened not long after the 9/11 attacks.  

He sits in the back of the room, next to this even older Arab guy who has a beard and wears the full Arab clothing, even a turban type thing.  

Well the white professor says something like: "Thanks for being quiet and careful not to interrupt the class."  The Arab guy says "sorry" in a rude tone.  

The guy doesn't take his bag off the table, and he doesn't take any books out of it or anything, but starts whispering to the bearded guy next to him.  He whispers and the bearded guy nods.  

Meanwhile I'm sitting there FREAKING THE FUCK OUT in my mind, while remaining calm on the outside.  I'm thinking this guy is going to pull out his Romanian folder out of his bookbag and start sending some infidels to hell.  You could cut the tension in the air with a knife.

So what do I do?  Pack my shit up quietly and walk out.  Better to be safe than sorry.  Maybe I was a bit paranoid though at the time.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:40:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, because Muslims are the only criminals in the world...

Not like they should get special treatment in the name of political correctness, but they shouldn't be treated as though each and every one has the intention of killing us all.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:09:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Not like they should get special treatment in the name of political correctness, but they shouldn't be treated as though each and every one has the intention of killing us all.

+1 Wasn't one of the bombers Black?
Didn't a terrorist try to get his girlfriend to carry a bomb onto a plane a few years ago?
Trying to stop bombers at the subway entrance is like trying to defend a 1000yd wide goal in soccer with one guy. It  just isn't going to work.
We won't live in a free society for long if we have to prove our innocence before we can do anything.
At that point, the terrirists have won.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I was profiled when I applied to Morehouse College in Georgia. I think thats what I was not aceppted.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I said in some case and instances.... because I think we should profile, but as a general rule, not by race; instead, we should profile by certain characteristics (nervousness, bulky clothing, etc). However, I could understand doing it in some extreme cases, not everyday simply to get on a subway.

I guarantee... the people who will actually commit these terrible acts arent going to fit the typical profile of what most americans will identify as muslim.

They arent going to be sporting full jhadi beards and muslims robes to make it easy for you. They will be in full western dress, and will mix in.

Plus, your average cop would probably spot one 1 of every 10 muslims anyway. Indians and Seikhs would probably catch the most shit

In addition, a lot of the arabs in this country are Christian and have nothing to do with Islam, let alone terrorism. So..... if you really think it will make you safer, it most likely wont.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:15:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

No, because Muslims are the most common Terrorists.
There should be no special treatment for ANY religon/group. Screw PC and the people that created it.
Islam is a 11th century religon that has no place in the 21st. century. Take that however way you want it. I watched thousands die on a dark day in September. I watch good men die in a far off Godless land. I see Muslims here in my country condemming my nation and exalting the terrorists. FUCK THEM ALL!!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, because Muslims are the most common Terrorists.
There should be no special treatment for ANY religon/group. Screw PC and the people that created it.
Islam is a 11th century religon that has no place in the 21st. century. Take that however way you want it. I watched thousands die on a dark day in September. I watch good men die in a far off Godless land. I see Muslims here in my country condemming my nation and exalting the terrorists. FUCK THEM ALL!!!

I agree. The email I posted that started this thread, was worded in a somewhere humorous manner, but it's 100% true.

Arabic/Islamic people have time and time again commited these sicken acts. Point me to a more likely group or an as likely group and I'll agree. Until then it's pretty damn obvious who's strapping the bombs to themselves.

PROFILE THEM.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#23]
FuG eM!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:19:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
FuG eM!

I wonder how many Americans feel like we do? A good percentage is my guess.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#26]
A gentleman on the radio last week was defending the random searches over profiling.  His logic was that if we routinely stop Muslim males, then they'll adapt their tactics.  In essence, he was implying that if they know we'll routinely target them, they'll just start recruiting little old ladies to carry their bombs.  

In fairness, he had some decent points; they could use unwitting victims as their couriers by sneaking bombs into packages, but his overall argument was pretty lame.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#27]
I've seen no Swedish, Lutheren suicide bombers.

I've seen no Ohioian, Protestant suicide bombers.

Profile!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Forgot to add:

<----

Check my sig below. Many have but I never will.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
A gentleman on the radio last week was defending the random searches over profiling.  His logic was that if we routinely stop Muslim males, then they'll adapt their tactics.  In essence, he was implying that if they know we'll routinely target them, they'll just start recruiting little old ladies to carry their bombs.  

In fairness, he had some decent points; they could use unwitting victims as their couriers by sneaking bombs into packages, but his overall argument was pretty lame.

If that terrorist sympathiser knows so much about the terrorists why isn't he applying his efforts
towards helping us STOP them, why is he just saying we should give up, is he on our side or theirs?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:54:16 AM EDT
[#30]
"Racial profiling" is something Jesse Jackson brewed up and coined to be able to fabricate more frivilous law suits. Fuck him!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:19:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Pretty damn accurate.  Its about time we woke up and smelled the coffee!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:30:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Why the problems with racial profiling?

I Dont give a shit who it offends, it usually works.........

99.99999% of sicko bastards who cut up folks into little pieces, rape thier dogs, eat victums, fuck thier sisters, kill thier mom and stuff her into a mailbox etc....  The really sick stuff Is always commited by white guys.

It is the simple facts.

racial profiling/ crime specific profiling  usually works

Name 1 serial rapist/ killer in the USA who also did things with the bodies who was not white?!?!?

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:37:34 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Name 1 serial rapist/ killer in the USA who also did things with the bodies who was not white?!?!?

Do I win a prize?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:45:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:59:41 AM EDT
[#35]
That list of questions would probably be a little more accurate if it listed every action of terrorism committed between 1968 and today, instead of just selecting all the ones that were committed by muslims.  I don't see the assasination of JFK or the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building on there- just two I can think of off the top of my head.

I'll probably get called Godless Tyrant, unpatriotic or some BS for posting this, but to me this falls under the auspices of "unreasonable serach and siezure"  and is no different than pulling over a black guy because he happens to be driving a nice car or driving through a nice neighborhood.

I would also think that a group like gun owners, who have been constantly targeted in a very similar fashion would be the most likely to be against something like this.  

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
That list of questions would probably be a little more accurate if it listed every action of terrorism committed between 1968 and today, instead of just selecting all the ones that were committed by muslims.  I don't see the assasination of JFK or the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building on there- just two I can think of off the top of my head.

I'll probably get called Godless Tyrant, unpatriotic or some BS for posting this, but to me this falls under the auspices of "unreasonable serach and siezure"  and is no different than pulling over a black guy because he happens to be driving a nice car or driving through a nice neighborhood.

I would also think that a group like gun owners, who have been constantly targeted in a very similar fashion would be the most likely to be against something like this.  

As far as the subject of international terrorism goes, feel free to post your own list of non-arab/islamic terror events. Nothing speaks like the facts.

Sure JFK & the OK City bombing were conducted by white guys. Huge differences in what we're dealing with now and unrelated, issolted events not related in any way to the motivations and intent of radical Islam.

There is a very visible thread that ties Islamic terror together. A percieved theological mandate for extremist Islamics to murder on as massive of a scale as humanly possible. We've already seen hundreds....thousands murdered in single events. If murdering millions was within their reach, you bet your ass they'd do it....and as I type this, rest assured radical Islamics are doing everything in their power to make that happen.

If those sort of stakes don't justify an extreme response, nothing, absolutely nothing ever will.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:05:00 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As far as the subject of international terrorism goes, feel free to post your own list of non-arab/islamic terror events. Nothing speaks like the facts.

Sure JFK & the OK City bombing were conducted by white guys. Huge differences in what we're dealing with now and unrelated, issolted events not related in any way to the motivations and intent of radical Islam.

There is a very visible thread that ties Islamic terror together. A percieved theological mandate for extremist Islamics to murder on as massive of a scale as humanly possible. We've already seen hundreds....thousands murdered in single events. If murdering millions was within their reach, you bet your ass they'd do it....and as I type this, rest assured radical Islamics are doing everything in their power to make that happen.

If those sort of stakes don't justify an extreme response, nothing, absolutely nothing ever will.

+1. Ok bombing was not against  an entire society. Neither were the abortion cllinics or the IRA bombings. Islam is at war with anyone not like them, especially Christians and free countries like us and the UK.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:24:08 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

The guy Kurtz was describing was behaving strangely.  He didn't say the the guy who dressed like an Arab bothered him, he said the guy who burst into the room making noise at an inappropriate time and seeming to wear his emotions on his sleeve made him nervous.  If someone is behaving strangely you need to pay attention.  If I were working in a venue where I were responsible for searching people I would search the hell out of people who caught my attention with their behavior and I would search anyone who I thought was with them.  

I would not lose sleep over profiling individuals based on what I understood the nature of a particular threat to be.  As I heard it said recently, if you see a nicely dressed white guy in a new SUV driving slowly or parking in obscured areas of the "seedy" side of town you will profile him as someone who does not live there and is in the neighborhood to purchase drugs or sex.  If you see an Arab looking guy wearing a heavy coat in the summertime and looking uncomfortable trying to board some form public transportation you should do the same.  PC and politeness will kill you.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If that terrorist sympathiser knows so much about the terrorists why isn't he applying his efforts
towards helping us STOP them, why is he just saying we should give up, is he on our side or theirs?

I refer you to my sig line.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
"Racial profiling" is something Jesse Jackson brewed up and coined to be able to fabricate more frivilous law suits. Fuck him!

+1
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:28:52 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I refer you to my sig line.  

Yeah, it was actually more of a rhetorical question
I don't want them issuing fatwas or condemning terrorism

I want them turning in the muslims that are speaking of hate
after all, that is not "religion of peace" behavior, is it?

and as far as the denouncing, I want to hear them talking in a much more insulting manner

saying that the martyrs do not go to heaven and do NOT get 72 virgins
saying that EVEN infidels are better than suicide bombers
saying that alla spits on terrorists, that is the language they understand
(and the families of suicide bombers should not be supported like they are now)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top