Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 5:38:47 AM EDT
I have been traveling much of the last few days; so admittedly, I have not seen as much of the news as others might have.  However, every time I have seen looters, they have always been black.

It strikes me as odd that not a single person comments on this.  Certainly, if the offenders were white (or red-headed, etc.), all sorts of commentary would be readily available to the consumer.

This leads to another thought…

Since no one is commenting on the obvious fact that most of the looters are black, can it not be assumed that they are not surprised by this?  Even more, couldn’t it be argued that most Americans have come to expect no better from this particular demographic?  

If this is the case, then it logically follows that most people (conscious of this fact or not), are unknowingly (in some small way) racist since it is readily apparent that they expect less than honorable behavior from a certain group of people, and this group can only be defined by racial parameters.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:40:37 AM EDT
[#1]
It's called being a realist, not racist.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:41:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not a racist, but I AM a bigot.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:42:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm knowingly racist.  I have a word for all the looters down there too.  But, wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:43:18 AM EDT
[#4]
It's been commented on a hundred times here. But all the threads get locked for being "racist".
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:43:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I hate everyone equally.  But some are more equal than others.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:43:35 AM EDT
[#6]
maybe the reason, they only show black people looting, is because they are the only ones who stayed.  maybe these people couldnt leave. (no car, no money, etc...)  from my experience in many trips to NO, there are tons of very poor people.  they still shouldnt be taking TV's, etc...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:48:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:49:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
maybe the reason, they only show black people looting, is because they are the only ones who stayed.  maybe these people couldnt leave. (no car, no money, etc...)  from my experience in many trips to NO, there are tons of very poor people.  they still shouldnt be taking TV's, etc...

Sure, but no-one comments on the fact that a disproportionate amount of crime is commited by the same demographic in all cities in the US.  Imagine if this group were white men with brown hair...we'd have talk shows dedicated to it, books, specials, etc.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:49:10 AM EDT
[#9]
1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial nature.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top