Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Posted: 9/9/2005 3:54:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:58:25 AM EDT
[#1]
As a Federal LEO I am ashamed of the actions taken by officers in New Orleans.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:00:07 AM EDT
[#2]
"We are ready to protect you now.   Give us your guns, or else."
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:02:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:03:03 AM EDT
[#4]
This is becoming an epiphany for me of what the future holds for this nation.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:04:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Who said "kill them all?"

I think people are saying, "Kill any SOB who would enter my house uninvited and take my guns."

There's a clear difference.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:04:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I think we all should be troubled by this. This is some of our worst fears coming to realization. That still doesn't mean that we need to talk about killing everyone wearing Kevlar.

Agreed.   However, giving up your guns for NOLA folks is akin to a Death Sentance.  You are helpless against the lawlessnes.

At what point is it beyond Rights, and into a Self Defense situation?   The Law CAN NOT require  you to lay down and die.

Maybe some neighborhoods should just disarm the Po-Po and let them walk out unarmed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:06:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Is this day 1 of the next Revolution?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:06:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:07:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, they are throwing people out of thier houses down in NO, so gun confiscations can't be that far behind.

It's for the public good
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:08:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Said pretty much everything that needed to be said in the locked thread here (remove the link if that's a violation) - no violence, but use the power of the written word.

In essence: document as much as possible and identify all those specific personnel and agencies involved in seizures of firearms from lawful homeowners - all the way up and down the chain of command - and let their trampling of the Constitution be known loud and clear for the rest of their careers.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:08:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well, they are throwing people out of thier houses down in NO, so gun confiscations can't be that far behind.

It's for the public good

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?   THey are confiscating weapons RFN!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:08:39 AM EDT
[#12]
It is a sad day. I always thought that when the SHTF it would be looters that I would have to defend against.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:08:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I am so glad I no longer live in NYC for this reason. I had all my weapons registered with the NYPD and I know that if the SHTF like it did in NO, they would be banging on my door to disarm me like they are doing in NO. I would bet that NO will have gun registration (or at least a record of owners of firearms) after everything settles down.
Since I moved out of NYC my registration ran out and about a week later they came to my old address for my guns. Those cops must have been disappointed when they couldn't add to their personal collection.
Anyway, everything going on in NO is disturbing and it seems like the constitution has been swept under the rug. DISGUSTING! MY .02
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:11:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's for the public good

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?   THey are confiscating weapons RFN!

OH shit.  I missed that part.  I've been trying to take a break from the new/internet.  I'm on overload with all this shit.

I don't know guys.  When it comes down to it, I think, IMO, that 95% of people will hand them over.    
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:12:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I sent an email to my Congressman last night.

Congressman Coble,

I want to bring to your attention a grave constitutional concern that is occurring in New Orleans.  While eating supper tonight with my family,  we watched in horror as National Guardsman and police officers handcuffed and confiscated firearms from homeowners who were  guarding their own property. These people did nothing to provoke any response, or cause the officials to believe they were a danger to them.  From what I understand, this is going on all over the city.

I am an emergency services worker myself, but I have no problem with someone arming themselves to protect their family and property especially during such a dangerous time.  I would most definitely do the same. I am also not so sure I would have been as willing to give my firearm over to them in this situation.  

What more could the founding fathers have meant with the 2nd Amendment, than the right to bear arms to protect you life and family when there is a busy signal at 911.  Or nothing at all.  There comes a time when we can't count on anyone but ourselves.  There is no one to take care of us, to feed us, or to keep criminals from doing what ever they want. That is what these people were doing. And doing it well.  Their property was untouched by the looting.  But now, they and their protection is gone.

Are these firearms going to be given back to the rightful owners after the emergency is over.  I would be willing to bet not.  That is theft.

We have entered a dangerous time, when martial law is declared, a state of emergency, forced removal of residents from their homes to camps, and confiscation of weapons.  Sounds allot like Nazi Germany.

Congressman Coble, I am very much a student of history.  I am not that smart, but God did bless me with a little common sense.  I am scared for my family and our future.  If this can go on in America and be done at the drop of a hat, what other freedoms will the government take away from us when it suits them?  Please make Washington aware that those people are free citizens of the State of Louisiana, and the city of New Orleans.  These people should be treated with respect.  Do not steal their property and strip them of their constitutional rights.

Thank you for listening....
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:13:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By Moof, in the locked thread:
Something tells me we're not going to be seeing many more pictures, if any, of this operation. In a couple days, we'll probably be treated to images of the mayor, governor and elected police officials smiling for the cameras as they display a table full of guns they've "taken off the street, thereby making New Orleans a safer place." But by now I would guess that steps have already been taken to assure that media coverage of the operation itself is severely curtailed.

And there goes the first amendment.  That's 1,2,4,5 (and possibly 3, but I'll let that one slide since it was a church with noone inside).

Wonder how much it'll take before people get upset.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:15:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Unless I missed it, I read through the entire 18 pages of the locked thread and saw no one who was advocating killing all LEO's or all NG.

I saw people who advocated killing any LEO's or NG who were breaching the Constitution of the United States, and by doing that, became a domestic enemy of our country.  Once the confiscations began, those involved are breaking the law and cease to be law enforcement.

Just wondering, just what IS the 'line in the sand' that the staff and mods of this site have?  Is there one?  Or is it so important to come off as a benign, gun collector's site that we just don't want to make any waves?

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:17:22 AM EDT
[#18]
I wonder if some of those with guns - when this all first started - would have taken out those who were shooting at innocents, LEO's, FF's, Copters, etc., if the end result would have been for the Governor/Mayor to comment on the fact that the legally armed citizens took it upon themselves to ensure safety in their community. Sad to say, though, that of all those who chose to arm themselves, the only ones firing were doing so for criminal purposes, not for legal ones.  

Oh, btw.... dupe

Edit...

GoatBoy... could you maybe start a Hurricane forum... and keep it out of Active topics? Please???

j/k
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:18:43 AM EDT
[#19]
The Looters were Smart - their guns aren't registered - the PD won't know to go take them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:21:08 AM EDT
[#20]
i saw an unbelievable story last night on cnn. they were following a group of nopd and ng troops doing evacs in the rich part of no. they came across a father and son who had stayed behind to protect their house. the nopd had these guys on the ground and cuffed and after awhile let them remain behind BUT CONFISCATED THEIR GUNS!!! wtf???

the son said it was cuz their guns were bigger than the cops and they got scared...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:21:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Add door to door police searches, with out of state cops breaking into residents homes and taking their lawfully possessed firearms to the list of reasons I will not donate to Katrina relief efforts. I would not want my money to support such actions.

Hopefully GWB will be on TV tonight stating that he opposes these actions and asking the New Orleans authorities to reconsider the policy. Perhaps progun lawyers from other states will go to New Orleans to file suit to stop the confiscations?  Perhaps the NRA will file a dfederal law suit to stop the unlawfull search & seizure?  Perhaps monkeys will fly out of my butt...  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:23:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:24:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Add door to door police searches, with out of state cops breaking into residents homes and taking their lawfully possessed firearms to the list of reasons I will not donate to Katrina relief efforts. I would not want my money to support such actions.

Hopefully GWB will be on TV tonight stating that he opposes these actions and asking the New Orleans authorities to reconsider the policy. Perhaps progun lawyers from other states will go to New Orleans to file suit to stop the confiscations?  Perhaps the NRA will file a dfederal law suit to stop the unlawfull search & seizure?  Perhaps monkeys will fly out of my butt...  

The RIGHT thing to do would to be pull out the National Guard, and send down some Federal agents to arrest the criminals who are trampling the Constitution under the color of law!!!

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:26:23 AM EDT
[#24]
The really sad fact is that no matter how many of us "fringe elements" here at arfcom rant and rave about this, NOTHING will happen to stop this or even to QUESTION this from the rest of the country, media, or any level of government.
The idea of confiscating everyone's weapons in a crisis is as natural as breathing to the overwhelming majority of Americans who live in urban areas, are in any position of influence, or who enjoy any public visibility.  
We've already gone VERY far down the road of no return as far as gun rights are concerned.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:29:13 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Perhaps monkeys will fly out of my butt...  

ding.

That and a bunch of internet talk is all that will happen.  A brave soul may make his last stand in NO, and more internet talk will be the sole result.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I'mn disgusted.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:30:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Apparently we're only allowed to talk about resisting gun confiscation hypothetically here.

When it's really happening, talk of resisting "will definitely end in accounts being locked."
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:34:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Unless I missed it, I read through the entire 18 pages of the locked thread and saw no one who was advocating killing all LEO's or all NG.

I saw people who advocated killing any LEO's or NG who were breaching the Constitution of the United States, and by doing that, became a domestic enemy of our country.  Once the confiscations began, those involved are breaking the law and cease to be law enforcement.

Just wondering, just what IS the 'line in the sand' that the staff and mods of this site have?  Is there one?  Or is it so important to come off as a benign, gun collector's site that we just don't want to make any waves?

Agree with above.

Domestic enemies (including those employed by the NG or LEO organizations) weilding firearms in the comission of crimes should be met with like force, with the hopeful outcome being their capture, trial, conviction, and appropriate judicially administered punishment, be that DEATH, imprisonment, or whatever.  Barring that result, the second best option would be that the perpetrators of this type of violent act be killed in the exchange..

If my post violates (and it doesn't) the COC, mods let me know how an appropriate way to say the above would be.  And if I can't post what is posted here, I won't be renewing my membership.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:37:37 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Apparently we're only allowed to talk about resisting gun confiscation hypothetically here.

When it's really happening, talk of resisting "will definitely end in accounts being locked."

Heh.  Whose side are the mods on?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:39:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Anyone know of any good patriot discussion forums, where you can call a spade a spade?

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:40:11 AM EDT
[#30]
I wonder what the duck and deer hunters will say now?

My bet...nothing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:42:06 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I wonder what the duck and deer hunters will say now?

My bet...nothing.

+1

They probally will think it's a good idea considering whats going on there!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:43:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:47:12 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I think we all should be troubled by this. This is some of our worst fears coming to realization. That still doesn't mean that we need to talk about killing everyone wearing Kevlar.

Well maybe not everyone. But I'll tell you what. I've read some personal first hand accounts that have been posted around this site and there were a couple times that I thought to myself, cops or not they need to be shot for their actions. Some of the actions were just that bad, it's not something I'd want to do but I'd consider the actions of the officers to be equal to an attempt on my life, especially in the situation that is going on now in NOLA. Here you have people that swore and oath to serve the community, and in it's greatest time of need some of them are acting no better then the armed gangs and looters.....a sad sad situation all around...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:47:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:47:36 AM EDT
[#35]
..."from my cold dead hands"....
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:51:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:52:10 AM EDT
[#37]
How can this be happening under a Republican President, Republican controlled House and Senate, and a Supreme Court with a majority of Republican appointed Justices? I thought thought it would be the Democrats that came for our guns, but it is happening under the tacit agreement of the GOP run federal government. I guess they are not really as pro gun as they claimed when they pandered for our votes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:53:55 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't know why the big push to get everyone out. they are in their homes. The gov can do its thing and get the infrastructure going and leave the people alone. Have them go to their rooftop when they can no longer support themselves. They are not interfering with rescue or clean up. The mayor is making a posible shoot out that doesn't need to happen. Get working on getting the water out of the city. Send in LOE to patrol for looters when the water subsides. Don't force people to choose their rights or their lives.

I'm in the guard and will refuse that order. To bad I can't say the same for all the guard.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:54:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:55:38 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it were happening around me, I doubt I would be on the Internet bitching about it.

Right, you'd be on the bus to the fema camp, after turning in your rifle.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:56:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:56:57 AM EDT
[#42]
I posted this in another thread...

you know, our fore-fathers would tear down and destroy the houses of the local governors/tax collectors etc whenever they enforced a oppressive mandate of the King.

can you just imagine if a mob of Patriots physically torn down the house of a elected official?

Now I would watch that for sure (or join in, what ever comes first)

Now, where is my Native Indian make-up kit?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:57:22 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Now remember, there may be no way to determine if the idividual with the gun is the legal owner, or is even supposed to own a gun in the first place.

Sure there is.

Grandma sitting in a house that matches the address on her driver licens doesn't need to have her revolver pried out of her hands.

You don't need to kick in people's doors and disarm them.

As for people walking aroudn outside ... is open carry legal in LA?

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:57:31 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I have a question for those that think every cop down in NO is a traitor.

If you were an LEO and were sent or worked in the NO area. You were given orders to go and help secure the city. You have heard the reports of all the looters and armed gangs roaming the streets shooting at targets of opportunity.

You then come upon some people with a gun, would you confiscate the gun, or let them go on their way? Now remember, there may be no way to determine if the idividual with the gun is the legal owner, or is even supposed to own a gun in the first place.

Again, I don't think ANYONE is saying that every cop in NO is a traitor!

If I was working an area and came upon someone IN THEIR OWN HOME, defending it, it would be none of my business!

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:58:17 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well maybe not everyone. But I'll tell you what. I've read some personal first hand accounts that have been posted around this site and there were a couple times that I thought to myself, cops or not they need to be shot for their actions. Some of the actions were just that bad, it's not something I'd want to do but I'd consider the actions of the officers to be equal to an attempt on my life, especially in the situation that is going on now in NOLA. Here you have people that swore and oath to serve the community, and in it's greatest time of need some of them are acting no better then the armed gangs and looters.....a sad sad situation all around...

No one is debating that there are some bad cops out there. There are bad cops in every city/department around the country. That doesn't make them all bad, and it doesn't mean that all need to be shot or killed. We still have a justice system (it might not always be the best) that we should work with. We will have to give this time to work out, and see where things end up. Then we can all bitch if the system fails.

Bullshit. What good is a justice system if your door is kicked in by scumbags and your wife and daugther raped? By taking the guns, the LEO/NGs are leaving the people helpless in an environment that is proven to be dangerous. That is unacceptable.

And you can bet you ass the cops (even retired) will remain armed as long as they are in NO.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:58:17 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

If you were an LEO and were sent or worked in the NO area. You were given orders to go and help secure the city. You have heard the reports of all the looters and armed gangs roaming the streets shooting at targets of opportunity.

You then come upon some people with a gun, would you confiscate the gun, or let them go on their way? Now remember, there may be no way to determine if the idividual with the gun is the legal owner, or is even supposed to own a gun in the first place.

there is a world of diffeence between disarming people you find open carrying on the street Vs going door to door, breaking into houses o the pretext of searching for survivors and taking the lawfuly possessed firearms of those you find in their own homes.

Right now the cops are going door to door with pry bars and battering rams, searching homes and disarming homeowners.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:58:57 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Is this day 1 of the next Revolution?

I DOUBT THIS COUNTRY HAS ENOUGH GRIT LEFT FOR ANOTHER REVOLUTION.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:59:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:00:16 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

The difference is the video showed homeowners cuffed, evicted, and weapons confiscated. PROOF they are doing it to everyone, not just those they find on the street. When the day comes, I hope many have the courage to do the right thing. I  know without a doubt I have prepared myself. History is indeed beginning to repeat its self.

MOLAN LABE
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:01:40 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

there is a world of diffeence between disarming people you find open carrying on the street Vs going door to door, breaking into houses o the pretext of searching for survivors and taking the lawfuly possessed firearms of those you find in their own homes.

Right now the cops are going door to door with pry bars and battering rams, searching homes and disarming homeowners.

At least they'll get home safe tonight.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top