Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 11:56:28 AM EDT
Thinking about updating my cell phone and was looking at getting one of these in black. What are your thoughts on this phone?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I love mine. I wish I had waited for the black one.

The only thing I don't like is the Bluetooth hands free kit for my truck.
I had it worked on today, so maybe it will work the way I had hoped now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd love one.  But Cingular tells me it'll cost full retail, $300++, until my contract expires in March.  

No thanks at that cost.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one for a month before I got my Treo650. Best audio on any handheld mobile phone I've had in 15 years. Great screen, small, great Bluetooth capability, thin, not too light, seems reasonably rugged. The USB connection for the charger is a HUGE improvement over previous Motorola gear. Keypad looks very cool lit up in the dark! No external antenna, but better reception than the v400 it replaced and the Treo650 that replaced it, believe it or not. Speakerphone is OK, but not spectacular. Camera just as sucky as any other phone. The "Tactical Black" ones look like the cat's knickers!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I was told you couldn't purchase insurance on it, and I'm rough on phones.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had it for about 2 weeks and dropped it about 8 times.  It still looks new.

Metal case and is pretty light.

Its pretty light (heavier than my old phone) and thin.  But the length and width is bigger than most other phones so check it out first.  

Never used the tooth headset because the wired one works fine for me but it found my laptop easily and I was quickly exchanging files.

Good phone.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#6]
my boss has one. Not sure if it is the phone's fault or cingulars fault, but a lot of times when we are out of the office he has to use my phone because he doesn't get service. The bluetooth thing in his car doesn't work very well either, if you do go with bluetooth use the headset instead of paying for the car kit
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#7]
whats this blue tooth thing? everybody is talking about it around here but I have no idea what it is
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
whats this blue tooth thing? everybody is talking about it around here but I have no idea what it is

Bluetooth is a wireles accessory device protocol. For most, it allows the use of a wireless earpiece/microphone combination. Very practical, but you look like a complete dork. I have two of them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bluetooth is a wireles accessory device protocol. For most, it allows the use of a wireless earpiece/microphone combination. Very practical, but you look like a complete dork. I have two of them.

It is a false tooth cap that puts the alien/.gov signals directly into your brain.
Thereby bypassing all tinfoil.

Seriously.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is the silver for Free w/2 year cingular contract (comes with a free bluetooth headset).

www.wirefly.com/sOnePager.asp?referringdomain=moneymailer&oflag=sof1&zipcode=34428&refcode1=&refcode2=&eid=&agent=&carrierid=62&phoneid=20258&planid=14300

Don't know anything about wirefly though.

YMMV
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It is a false tooth cap that puts the alien/.gov signals directly into your brain.
Thereby bypassing all tinfoil.

Seriously.

Shhhhhh....

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I've had the black one for abt 3 weeks,

its nice & slim, but the bluetooth headset is qwearky.  Sometimes its great, sometimes you have to ditch it.  Also, the volume for the phone just doesn't get high enuff, and no I have perfect hearing.  

I definitely like the internet functions.  I can get realtime weather radar, or the ballgame score if it's not televised.

I got mine & the wifes at the Cingular store for $199 each.  The following week we found it for $99 at one of the club stores (Sam's I think).  Definitely shop around, could save you some $'s.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I got mine & the wifes at the Cingular store for $199 each.  The following week we found it for $99 at one of the club stores (Sam's I think).  Definitely shop around, could save you some $'s.

See my post above:  Free (Instant Rebate)
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#14]
tagged
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top