Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 9:44:35 AM EDT
I am simply tired of listening to you people absorbing the political koolaid. NO has  four strikes against it.
IT IS BLACK. There I said it. Do you want to harness your mind to a bunch of rascists liberal bullshit?
It is in the south....Let's see what the yankees thing when once again they are up to their ass in snow and they want federal disaster relief for the spring rains.
It is in the middle of Flyover country.....everyone in the US knows that us people in the middle don't matter...unless we live in Texas.
Did any of this come up after Andrew in Florida? After the earthquake in San Diego? No
And it is not simply because those people in New Orleans live under sea level. People in Florida live in Hurrucane Alley, People In Cali live on an island that wants to go back out to sea. Simply put you have to look behind the rhetoric and see that the reasons the talking heads put forth do not wash so quit falling for the lie.

PS. I lived for 19 years in the  State of Louisiana. I never once went to NO, NOR do I ever plan on it. I was scared shitless of the Police Department there and I  had no desire to ever go there. BUT I will defend the old lady from asshats who are spouting rascist liberal bullshit about  flushing the toilet.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am simply tired of listening to you people absorbing the political koolaid. NO has  four strikes against it.
IT IS BLACK. There I said it. Do you want to harness your mind to a bunch of rascists liberal bullshit?
It is in the south....Let's see what the yankees thing when once again they are up to their ass in snow and they want federal disaster relief for the spring rains.
It is in the middle of Flyover country.....everyone in the US knows that us people in the middle don't matter...unless we live in Texas.
Did any of this come up after Andrew in Florida? After the earthquake in San Diego? No
And it is not simply because those people in New Orleans live under sea level. People in Florida live in Hurrucane Alley, People In Cali live on an island that wants to go back out to sea. Simply put you have to look behind the rhetoric and see that the reasons the talking heads put forth do not wash so quit falling for the lie.

PS. I lived for 19 years in the  State of Louisiana. I never once went to NO, NOR do I ever plan on it. I was scared shitless of the Police Department there and I  had no desire to ever go there. BUT I will defend the old lady from asshats who are spouting rascist liberal bullshit about  flushing the toilet.

There are liberals suggesting we don't rebuild it?

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I made a poopy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#3]
IBTL
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:48:54 AM EDT
[#4]
If I remember correctly wasn't Homestead AFB FL not rebuild because of the amount of damage done to the base after Andrew?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:49:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Ah yes, those 100+ billion dollar snowstorms we get...

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:51:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am simply tired of listening to you people absorbing the political koolaid. NO has four strikes against it.

Another strike:  IT WILL FLOOD AGAIN.
and another strike:  THE REST OF US WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR IT AGAIN.

Now, is flooding racist?  

and....IBTL
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Let's wait till Hurricane Season for 2005 is over first........then make conclusions
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Who the heck are you to tell me what to post or talk about?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#9]
well it turns out that some peole in NO wont have the option, i have cousins who live in ST benard parish. it turns out that FEMA probably wont let them rebuild, due they want their neighbor hood to be a buffer zone.

well at least they were issured out the ass
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
And it is not simply because those people in New Orleans live under sea level. People in Florida live in Hurrucane Alley, People In Cali live on an island that wants to go back out to sea.
Simply put you have to look behind the rhetoric and see that the reasons the talking heads put forth do not wash so quit falling for the lie

Yes I bring it up everytime a major city IN A HURRICANE BELT gets hammered and rebuilt again IN HURRICANE BELT using Federal taxdollars.

Look, I have no problem in rebuilding New Orleans.

I DO have a major problem in spending $100Billion+ in Federal expenditures for rebuilding homes and businesses UNDERWATER IN A HURRICANE ZONE!.

There's a DAMN good reason why hurricane and flood insurance is virtually unattainable in those cities! And it's NOT the job of the Federal Gov't to be the "default insurance slushfund" to pay private individuals and businesses and local communities to cover their losses.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:00:12 AM EDT
[#11]
So you don't like my opinion you don't want me to post?  Sounds like you'd do better over at DU where you can ban anyone you like!

I don't want my tax money spent in your corrupt cesspool of a city until you decide to maintain the dikes and use the funds properly.  Perhaps then will NO be worthy of federal funds.  Until then the people of NO only have themselves to blame for their mess.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#13]
We don't get blatantly lied to by the local leaders of all those other cities you've mentioned after a hurricane hits.
And we don't usually get called racist by the populace of all those other cities you've mentioned after a hurricane hits.
We don't usually see story after story, after story of looting and rape and murder in all those cities you've mentioned after a hurricane hits.

So I'm sorry that people feel a little salty about donating this time.
But New Orleans can fuck itself.  They are reaping what a corrupt local government has sewn.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Why do you want more black people to die?

Unless they rebuild it on higher ground, it will flood again and more people will die.  People that want to rebuild must like watching other people suffer.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#15]
How about not being a dipshit and not pulling the race card? If you want to tell us what to talk about I will tell you what to talk about as well.

Oh wait, we live in the land of "Fuck off", where we will say what we want and if you dont like it, you can fuck off.

I dont want to waste my time with facts as obviously you desire to ignore them, so get to the fucking off part ASAP.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Wow quick replies and more bloody excuses and political and liberal BS. First, why would this be locked?
I didn't mention muslims or police...anyone want to help on that?
Second to those who ask why I SHOULD give MY opinion and tell you to shut your pie Holes....? Because you guys really need a dose of reality, I have a liberal friend that I have to back up quite often, when I see the same crap spewed out here, then I am a little upset.
Homestead AFB Correct I believ BUT people in Florida seem to be ok with rebuilding the largest tropical old folks home in the world over and over and over. The same thing with Sodom by the sea or "any city in cali"
Wildearp...is ther never going to be another strike against florida or another earthquake or another  six foot snowstorm in upstate New York. If you go on that reasoning we shouldn't have built NEW York becuse it has been hit  TWICE by bombs.
Guardian...nobody. do whatever you want I was not talking to you. Feel better?
The Mcallen...you are correct You are seeing the absolute decline of the government at all three levels.
This disaster threw a light on the darks crevices and is going to get even more expensive. I hope more and more people get upset by this and I am willing to throw my tax dollars away to get more people pissed at the feds. state, and local government. The people in charge acted like a government and not people...People don't do those things to each other...the govt does.
GIGMIKE well maybe we shouldn't rebuild NEW YORK after Two bombings where the corrupt federal government  knew BOTH times who was involved and what was most likely to occur? That hurts when it bounces back don't it? How about the 10,00 year history of earthquakes in the San Andreas fault area?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#18]
There was an earthquake in San Diego?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:19:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
There was an earthquake in San Diego?

Nope but it is the only city I have been to in Cali...so I type that instead of the correct San Fran. Thanks.

I ended up in Orlando two weeks ago instead of Miami...I have always flown to Orlando so I booked that when I was intendeding to fly to Miami...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:27:19 AM EDT
[#20]
IBTP ( in before the pit) that being said NO is a very vital port, and will end up better then ever.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#21]
The whole arguement about "what if it were another city that was ruined, would you advocate abandoning it?" is moot, because N. O. is frickin' UNDER SEA LEVEL!  Left to nature, it would be a lake!  The reason it still hasn't been brought under control is that the flood waters are not running off!  And it WILL flood again.  The city is literally on life support, and has been for a long time.  One little accident or big hurricane and they'll be flooded again.  Yay, more spending.

I realize that it is an important port.  I have a solution:  Move the port a little to land that is above sea level and fix the canal system so that the delta builds up and the ground doesn't sink any more!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
NO is a very vital port, and will end up better then ever.

without a doubt.
200 billion buys a lot of upgrades.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
IBTP ( in before the pit) that being said NO is a very vital port, and will end up better then ever.

Fine.

Rebuild the port.

Let the welfare-suckers fend for themselves.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#24]
The state of california is on one of the most active fault systems in the world.
New York is on every terror list in the world.
Florida will be hit by another hurricane.
Washington stae wil once again get torrential rains..........see all of these are true also.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:41:24 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fine.

Rebuild the port.

Let the welfare-suckers fend for themselves.

They never have (fended for themselfs ), some entity always took care of them.

It is simply a matter of geography.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Still not to bright living under sea level. People have been waiting for years for this to happen......so whats the suprise.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#27]

So I'm sorry that people feel a little salty about donating this time.
But New Orleans can fuck itself.  They are reaping what a corrupt local government has sewn.

+1,000
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Wow quick replies and more bloody excuses and political and liberal BS. First, why would this be locked?

Because you are ranting like a unleashed DUmbas, with nary a cohesive thought?

well maybe we shouldn't rebuild NEW YORK after Two bombings where the corrupt federal government  knew BOTH times who was involved and what was most likely to occur? That hurts when it bounces back don't it?

Right. Slow day over at DU? Regardless, if you can't tell the difference between 'man-made' and 'natural' disasters, then you are more of idiot than I first thought.

How about the 10,00 year history of earthquakes in the San Andreas fault area?

Who is arguing that Californians are not idiots? Anyone that lives in a disaster-prone area should either be ready to deal with the consquences themselves, or leave. No leaching off the rest of us, please.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Earthquake in San diego?!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:57:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Don't  rebuild New Orleans, move away from Florida, and if you live in Californina, don't say I didn't warn you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:07:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Oh yeah.  Everytime somebody suggests something stupid and it involves blacks in some way, it's a "race" issue.  What a fucking idiot.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't care if NO is rebuilt or not.  

I just don't want to have to pay for it.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#33]
"Not rebuild Neworleans."

there I posted it now what
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Let's see what the yankees thing when once again they are up to their ass in snow and they want federal disaster relief for the spring rains.  

I lived here in upstate NY for 45 years (all my life) & we never ask for  federal disaster relief for the deep snow or the spring rain flood's!

P.S.   Its think not thing
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#35]
The federal buildings and structure in NO should be rebuilt using federal money.  If the docks and federal assets are there people will work and build there by themselves. Any and all private homes and businesses should not be paid for with taxpayer money.  They should have home/business insurance including flood insurance which would take care of that.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
The federal buildings and structure in NO should be rebuilt using federal money.  If the docks and federal assets are there people will work and build there by themselves. Any and all private homes and businesses should not be paid for with taxpayer money.  They should have home/business insurance including flood insurance which would take care of that.

And if they can't GET insurance because they live in a flood/hurricane zone... that should be a hint and a half not to live there.

Or at least be responsible enough to live with the consequences of their decisions.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The state of california is on one of the most active fault systems in the world.
Washington stae wil once again get torrential rains..........see all of these are true also.

IIRC New York is also on a large fault line. NCY is an island after all.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/skid2964/Forum_Stuff/NO_looter_deep_snow.jpg

LMAO.  It's been a long day.  I needed that.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Yes I bring it up everytime a major city IN A HURRICANE BELT gets hammered and rebuilt again IN HURRICANE BELT using Federal taxdollars.

Look, I have no problem in rebuilding New Orleans.

I DO have a major problem in spending $100Billion+ in Federal expenditures for rebuilding homes and businesses UNDERWATER IN A HURRICANE ZONE!.

There's a DAMN good reason why hurricane and flood insurance is virtually unattainable in those cities! And it's NOT the job of the Federal Gov't to be the "default insurance slushfund" to pay private individuals and businesses and local communities to cover their losses.

Thank you!
My point precisely.

You want to rebuild the place with private funding, enjoy yourself...until it gets knocked down again.
Dont ask me for money to rebuild your mistakes. Its not my responsibility, or the federal governments responsibility to subsidize a certain failure.

I dont think the American tax payer ought to be funding new cities that are blown away, space shuttles that burn up on re-entry, or the liberation of oppressed people in 3rd world countires. That wasnt the original intent of taxation, and frankly, to view what our government does with our money as anything other than closet socialism would be an oversight.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Are you drunk?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#41]
If you have some curiousity about different places battle against nature read The Control of Nature by John McPhee.  There's a story about New Orleans from it's beginnings to nearly the present and is a lot more informative than ALL the jackasses of the media.  Also one about a place in Iceland called Heimaey, a place more valuable to them than New York is to us.  They fought off a volcanic flow to save it.  Then there's the ever rising, ever crumbling San Gabriel Mountains that rise higher above Los Angeles than the Rockies do above Denver.  They've built huge debris basins there to try and stave off the calamity of floods caused by clogged rivers and drainage areas.  

NO will be rebuilt...eventually....and likely safer, but nature will soon have the upper hand again as it always has.

My inlaws farmed in a river bottom now called Fountain Valley in CA in the first half of the 1900s.  They used to live there but after being flooded out several years in a row they moved up on the bluff.  

Just like the building code is now tuned into Seismic safety here and people in low lying areas are required by lenders to have Flood Insurance these areas will need to do some things to mitigate against the future hurricanes and floods headed their way which could include some mandatory insurance along with improved engineering.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

And we all pray for the day that California shakes loose into the Pacific.  What's left will be a red state, since only the conservatives will be left as they will be the only ones prepared.

We witnessed the heroics and humanity that New York exemplified during the terrorist attacks.  The firefighters ALONE earned every penny of federal aid and donations that were thrown at them, mine included.

If we didn't rebuild Florida, then that is more old people that I have to put up with on the road here in Ohio.  Again, worth every penny.  Besides, they have the hurricane recovery deal down to a science AND they don't blame the government when it happens.  They suck it up and move on.

Washington will get torrential rains.  And those rains will drain away, because Washington is ABOVE sea level.

New Orleans is still under sea level, doesn't do a damn thing to help themselves, and blames everyone else for their problems.  Yes, I feel sorry for them, but I don't know if they deserve the huge amount of federal aid they are about to receive.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#44]
I say screw it. Lets shut down all oil and gas production in La and in the gulf. Lets shut down all the refineries and chemical plants in La. Lets stop sending all the extra electrical power into interstate grid. Who needs these ports? Let those farmers in the midwest and central states send their grain to export somewhere else. Sure would be nice not to have to carry the burden of the oil and chemical industry in my backyard.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

But NO requires billions of $$$ to keep the water out even if nothing happens there, none of the other places you mention require any funds just to exist - I think this is the angle a lot of people are coming from.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Hound your dullness astounds me.

First, I realize that you arent considering anything above your own personal bullshit experience, shown by you saying "San Diego" because that was the only place you have been. Are you saying that if you havent been there, it doesnt exist? You make my mind cry.

Anyways... We havent rebuilt the twin towers, the focus point of your "other cities get hurt, too!" argument. Also, New York doesnt get hit with upwards of 5 catastrophic bombings a year, and San Francisco(yes, it does exist outside your own mind) doeesnt rumble to the ground from massive earthquakes numerous times in the year. It isnt the same god damn thing. Analogy:

Lets take a house. Now its a nice house, but as always it has its problems. Sometimes it gets some leaks or maybe the air conditioner will go out or the sprinklers break, but they are small and you can fix them because it doesnt cost 100 billion dollars. Now there is a house next door, and a few times a year it burns down from a meteor that scientists have proved that it will keep hitting that same spot every year worse and worse for years to come and there is very little you can do about it.

Which house is better off? The leaky house(whatever other city that gets hit sometimes) versus the burning house(New Orleans)?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top