BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
ya the british didnt have tanks,planes or choppers when we fought them ether. As for ND we all know the germans can fight but the damn swedes probably cant figure out how to load a gun.

When i think of ND being invaded i cant help but think of all the long range rifles set up for deer and praire dogs.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Alabama and Georgia would handle them for you............

Don't forget us North FLorida guys, the panhandle isn't called LA for no reason (Lower Alabama).
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Did you fail to notice the fact that all of the winners were defending their soil?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
TX

I dont think any civilians could stop an invading army with small arms alone. Cause alot or trouble and kill alot of soldiers but not stop them.

Ask the soviets about how that worked out in Afghanistan/Chechnya RPGs, Stinger AAMs, mortars, landmines.....

Ask our own army about how that worked out in Vietnam The enemy had....RPGs, Mortars, Recoilless Rifles, Mines, Mig-17s, Mig-21s, Katusha Rockets, Numerous conventional artillery, PT-76 light tanks, Heavy Machine guns, ......

Ask the Brits how that worked out in America  We had numerous cannon, heavy bombardment mortars, A large fleet of powerfull warships(French) just when we needed them most.

You need to find better analogys....in each war, heavy weapons played a critical role.

The Afghans were getting slaughtered by Hind-d Gunships that were able to stay out of rifle range and attack with impunity.....Untill we supplied stingers and improved RPGs to the Mujis.

The Vietnamese made extensive use of all sorts of heavy weapons.

In each case powerful outside forces supplied heavy weapons to the "rebels"

On the other hand, in our Civil War one side was at a disinct diavantage in heavy metal.

I still think NH can kick all of yous ass's....

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm going with North Dakota. Seriously.

Yeah. The encamped army would commit ritual suicide, either due to extreme boredom or the impending winter.

ya call that a fuckin' winter?
My 7 year old son plays hockey outdoors in weather colder than that.

Have you ever been here? Imagine Alaska winters with a 30 mph wind everyday. I lived in Northway for a winter and it was no worse then here. I cant speak for northern Alaska though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#5]
i was in ND 3 years back or so in the winter on my uncles ranch and it was 50 below and gusting wind. i cant imagine what it was with wind chill. hell had frozen over that day......
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm kind of amazed.  How did this get to 7 pages with NO ONE mentioning Utah?

You don't get more patriotic than this state, everyone's got a massive food and emergency preparedness supply, plenty of Air Force and Guard and such here, impressive mountain terrain, limited entrance and exits to much of the state through the canyons, very well organized citizenry what with the church influence, very large population of hunters and shooters, and probably the lowest liberal population in the US.  The terrain alone is a massive force multiplier for a small arms based defending force.

Plus we've done it before.  The Utah militia held off the US Army until Congress pardoned the state during the Utah War.

While I agree that Texas would have a heck of a lot of people willing to fight, I just feel that the terrain there is very beneficial to an organized army.  I would hate to fight in the open like that against an invading force.  I'd make my stand in the canyons near Bear Lake any day.

If you think Texas is open terrain you should visit ND
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If they make it as far as the Midwest - that is where it WILL stop.

I'd plan on letting them have Chicago first.

Except for Wrigley Field, God himself couldn't save 'em if they fucked up Wrigley
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Arizona baby!

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The mother country of any invading force would be nothing more then a sheet of smoldering glass after we got through with them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:00:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The mother country of any invading force would be nothing more then a sheet of smoldering glass after we got through with them.

Yea OK minot'man sales guy with a SS22 up your ass!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea OK minot'man sales guy.

30 Minute delivery anyplace in the world or the next one is free.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:10:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I would have to say Wisconsin.

Why?

Despite the liberals who run the state, there ain't no army in the world who could operate in the Norht Woods.  Especially in July.  When the Skeeters are big enough to take down a MiG.  Plus its all swampland, so that means no armor support.  Tons of overgrowth, so no luck on the air searching.  And unless you know exactly where you are going, or what you are looking for, you ain't gonna find it. . . .

And in the Winter, its colder than a witch's teat.  

So all you displaced Texans are welcome to come up and see how the norhtwoodsmen defend the border. . . .
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea OK minot'man sales guy.

30 Minute delivery anyplace in the world or the next one is free.

Guess you have'nt looked at the maintenance logs on those dinosaurus home boy.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:25:58 PM EDT
[#14]
CT because we would let them collect welfare, get fat and lazy, and then die of heart attacks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:29:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Tx can't stop the illegal mexicans how can it stop an army?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:34:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I vote for Alaska, mostly because everyone I have met from TX, OH, HI, FL, CA, CO, AZ, etc are pansies.

Anyone who lives where the whole friggin state gets covered in snow with any regularity is quite possibly mentally unbalanced, and possibly insane...

And as such, anyone messing with them shall suffer their insanity....

I'm telling you, people in New England are capable of chewing raybar come February we're all so sick of the cold.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:40:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Ironically Texas is being invaded everyday by an invading army
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:51:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
massachusetts

Is Ted Kennedy going to drive the invading army home from their victory party?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:58:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Are you serious??? For one, no body is shooting the mexicans....
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:01:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Florida for sure
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:12:26 AM EDT
[#21]
I’m going to have to through Kansas into the mix if someone else hasn’t already.

There are a ton of hunters here. Some pretty good wing shooters, too. That means that we can get them on the run.

In the fall when dove and pheasant seasons come around, Wally World has PALLETS of shotgun shells sitting in the isles. They usually sell out in a short time.

You know the check out lines in stores? In the east they have breath mints and stuff to tempt you into a last minute purchase. In Kansas, they have stacks of .22LR ammo!

I’ve lived and hunted in a handful of states. I think that they would all present a great cost to any invading force. I love the USA.

viator
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:31:08 AM EDT
[#22]
NH would definetly put the hurt to anyone trying to invade.  Especially if they tried to cross through the north country, the mountains would be a death trap.  I don't think we'd have to worry about acquiring heavy weapons in this kinda scenario, the military would hopefully see the light and distribute such weapons to the guerilla forces, if not i'm sure we could liberate some from the local armory's.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:31:37 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Thats a federal agenda not a general state concensus there guy.One day you'll see why texans are the best tha is.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:33:01 AM EDT
[#24]
An invading army will attack with a HUGE number of men.

Whatever state they attack, that state will be nothing more than a speed bump.  Although small pockets of resistance will be left in the onslaught, to be mopped up afterward.

It would just take too long to mobilize and organize a defensible front line.

Tons of variables.

If anyone has any public info regarding the Korean DMZ and Seoul...

Oh yeah...WOLVERINES!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:50:20 AM EDT
[#25]
WEll, it's obviously Texas.  We have more gun shows than damn near anyplace on the plantet.

By default, that means we have more retired seals and delta guys than anyplace as well.  

Besides, we have more heavily armed pickup trucks than any other country on the planet.

txl
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:36:55 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you serious??? For one, no body is shooting the mexicans....

I think that's kind of what their getting at. An army is marching acrss the borders states, but noe one is doing anything. Yes, it is a federal issue, but that sounds a little like passing the buck similiar to a NO mayor.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:44:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:16:45 AM EDT
[#28]
In the doctrine of guerilla warfare there's only two places an indigenous resistance force can hide from an invader. Among the existing population or in mountainous country.

Examples: Afganistan-mountains, Iraq-cities.

Old Mousie Dung wrote the book.

Regards
Mild Bill

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:24:55 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

P.S.  Maryland would certainly be towards the bottom of the list

No shit.  All what, fifty, of us gun owners in MD?

I'd actually have to throw in a vote for PA.  Other than the two black hole cities there, PA owns a LOT of guns (not to say that people in P'burgh and Filthadelphia don't own guns....you know what I mean though).  Shit, most schools extend Thanksgiving vacation there because of deer season.   Plus lots of parts have very similar terrain to WV (rough) and lots of people know how to navigate it well.

Plus, on a side not really discussed, there's a lot of small independent farms/agricultural base that can help support a "resistance".

R
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm going with Texas and Tennessee.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:46:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#32]
I think if the gov. gave the ok for Texans to patrol the border with deadly force we would see a large decline in the invading army
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Texas
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Just thinking of all the deer hunters and them instantly becoming 'snipers':

TN
AL
FL
TX
VA
GA
MS
NC
SC
KY
WV
PA
AR
b/c--"And we can skin a buck; we can run a trot line
And a country boy can survive
Country folks can survive"
Then the midwest

-----------------------------------------------------
I agree if you amended to read "All the regions within these states that have Water,Forests and Mountains.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
It takes more than a hunter to kill a man. If you think for a moment that the transistion from killing Bambi to killing Bart is easy then US Amry and USMC have got some problems that you haven't come across. Even trained soldiers under orders and supervision have the ultimate "buck fever" and the services go thru training to remove the physchological block on killing another human using conditioning to break this otherwise normal taboo.

Which state routinely leads the nation in killings of it's own citizens? That state has the most trained and practiced killers - not the one with Bambi and bunny hunters.

stay in california clown....you dont fight for what you want anyways if you live in that hell hole
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:38:11 PM EDT
[#36]
I wouldn't count on Minnesota alone to do the most damage, but I can see us banding together with the Dakotas and maybe even as far west as Montana. That's where I'd look or head, anyway. I wouldn't be looking to the immediate east or south, i.e. Wisconsin and Iowa.

GL
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:38:22 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It takes more than a hunter to kill a man. If you think for a moment that the transistion from killing Bambi to killing Bart is easy then US Amry and USMC have got some problems that you haven't come across. Even trained soldiers under orders and supervision have the ultimate "buck fever" and the services go thru training to remove the physchological block on killing another human using conditioning to break this otherwise normal taboo.

Which state routinely leads the nation in killings of it's own citizens? That state has the most trained and practiced killers - not the one with Bambi and bunny hunters.

stay in california clown....you dont fight for what you want anyways if you live in that hell hole

Go for it, Paul.

EDIT: punctuation
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Man, every 6 months................ here comes another Texan bragging about his State killing more invaders.

That is the Texas advantage bore and blast em with hot air till they kill themselves.

Silly texans! Y'all got your butts handed to you at the Alamo....

About 3:30 in the afternoon, during the Mexican siesta period,Houston distributed his troops in battle array, bracketing the line with the "Twin Sisters" cannon. Shielded by trees and a rise in the terrain, the Texans were able to advance with some security. Then with the cries "Remember the Alamo" and "Remember La Bahia" or "Remember Goliad" ringing along their lines, the Texans swooped down on the dismayed Mexican army, pursuing and butchering them long after the battle itself had ended.

630 Mexicans were killed and 730 taken prisoner. Texans lost only 9 killed or mortally wounded; thirty were less seriously wounded. Among the latter was General Houston, whose ankle was shattered.

Link - Texan Killed and Wounded
www.tsl.state.tx.us/treasures/republic/san-jacinto.html

oh and the battle only took 18 minutes

Y'all swooped on 'em durin' nap time?

yep! do i feel bad about it? Nope!

i do wish our current governor would lock down the damn border now
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:33:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Colorado - we don't have as many extreme gun people, but we have a higher percentage of gun people IMHO. Plus we are all fit - I don't see how the fat asses in TX, FL, and well ..... just about every other state in the union plan to fight this invasion. Unless of course the invading army is going to come and fight you when you are sitting on your couch eating fast food and drinking excessive amounts of alcohol.

Okay, so I guess that wasn't a humble opinion.

ETA - As for the people from Boulder and Denver, they would provide a valuable role of Colorado's comprehensive invasion plan by serving in "operation human shield and ballistic ranging program". Catching the bullets of the enemy and being used by the real Coloradan's to determine ballistic trajectories.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:38:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:14:16 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Colorado - we don't have as many extreme gun people, but we have a higher percentage of gun people IMHO. Plus we are all fit - I don't see how the fat asses in TX, FL, and well ..... just about every other state in the union plan to fight this invasion. Unless of course the invading army is going to come and fight you when you are sitting on your couch eating fast food and drinking excessive amounts of alcohol.

Since everybody knows that Colorado is mostly populated with California hippy transplants, we will allow a small group of the invading force through, for the sole purpose of cleaning up Colorado.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:45:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Well in all of this one thing is for sure, as long as we have a second ammendment anyone that even remotely thinks about invading would have to consider the amount of armed citizens. I'm sure Sarah Brady would faint when she saw all the class 3 weapons that suddenly appear too!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:12:21 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=210945

Washington State

Oh, please!  

DaBunny would be out of comission, because nobody would be able to reach him to tell him there's an invasion while he's down at the Starbucks cavorting around with the chickie-snacks. Even if they were, all he's got is Olympc rifles, and we know about those. JAFO would be equally MIA, because he's too busy yakking it up with the invaders. CavVet is asleep in his cement truck, while 1NUTGUMMER is frantically trying to reach his girlfriend TRG telling him how he misses him.

Your little shoot of 55 people?

HUN FARM, baby! Ft. Hood and the 1st Cavalry division mobilizes when that outing is going on, because they're sure that there really IS a war going on.

Now if the battle would be fought over the number of useless posts in the Hometown Forum, WA would be a contender. Maybe you could slow down the invaders with the fact that there's no self-service gas stations in WA and you could stall them. Or is that OR? All you little states kinda look the same same too me - all rectangular and boring...

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:21:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

.....Now if the battle would be fought over the number of useless posts in the Hometown Forum, WA would be a contender......

Typical Washington Hometown Forum Thread:

Going To Seattle Today, Is It Still Raining?

Eric The(DroughtStricken)Hun
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top