Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/6/2005 2:01:00 PM EDT
To all those that doubted the existance of the Space Shuttle Door Gunners, I found a pic of me when I was flying missions over Malaysia in the summer of '05. We were transporting the super secret Pirate-Astronaut-Firemen to rescue some Delta Snipers during the battle of Wun Hung Lo.

and our patch:

I was too Good for the military and now I sell Beef Jerky to people at the Gun shows. Of course, I tell them stories of my service, like when I killed Ho Chi Minh with my shoe lace.

P.S. I did not make the patch, I forgot who it was, but he deserves the credit.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't know the Space Shuttle could hover!

That's an extreme AOA too!

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#3]
TOO FUNNY
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I didn't know the Space Shuttle could hover!

That's an extreme AOA too!

Most people who didn't serve time on them don't know that fact.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Now I gotta work on that logo and make it into a challenge coin
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'd buy one.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for your service.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#8]
hahaha,,

I didnt even SEE THE SHUTTLE !!!!! untill i focused off the weapon...

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#9]
creme de la creme
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thank you for your service.  

Happy to do it!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd buy one.

+1

Just wait 'til I coin my former-SF coworker with a SSDG challenge coin..    he'll be buying me beer for a month.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'm in for a couple!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#13]
You should write a book.    

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Ship's Service Diesel Generator?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Space Shuttle Door Gunner.

And I was transporting the PAF unit to rescue the Delta Guys. I have lots of storys if anyone wanted to hear one...no? Ok.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#16]
By all means, we'd love to read about your exploits.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Space Shuttle Door Gunner.

And I was transporting the PAF unit to rescue the Delta Guys. I have lots of storys if anyone wanted to hear one...no? Ok.

I would have been more intested if you could pull 1500 kW out of your ass.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

[hijack] On my boat we had 5 SSDGs.  Four were Diesel Generators and the fifth was an IC2 that smoked more than the other four combined. [/hijack]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:32:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Holy sh!t, you were at Wun Hung lo too!?

My buddy Jonesy and I were there.

I owe you a beer, if it wasn't for the aircover, I don't think we'd have made it out.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Okay, I did this very quickly and since I don't have Photoshop on this computer, it was done quite crappily.   If people are actually interested in SSDG coins, I'd pony up the cash to get them made.  What do you think of this "patch"?

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I owe you a beer, if it wasn't for the aircover, I don't think we'd have made it out.

No prob man, thats what we're here for!

OZ309, I'll tell you a story from Wun Hung Lo. It was about half way through the battle when the Delta Snipers were captured by the Boptswanians. The Space Shuttle I was riding in, named The Dutch Crunch by its crew, was low on ammo so we decided to go back to base to rearm and refuel. When we got there we found out about the Snipers, so The Dutch Crunch and another SS, The Whole Wheat, (All Space Shuttles in the 67th are named after a type of bread) Loaded up with guys from the 69th PAF (Pirate-Astronaut-Fireman) division and flew in to rescue the Snipers. There was heavy AA coming up at us and we barely made it down to let the PAF guys jump off. We took off immediatly,  and tried to give some air support to the guys on the ground.

Don't even get me started on the siege of Tai Mai Shoo.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:45:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Okay, I did this very quickly and since I don't have Photoshop on this computer, it was done quite crappily.   If people are actually interested in SSDG coins, I'd pony up the cash to get them made.  What do you think of this "patch"?

webpages.charter.net/angwingnut/Space%20Shuttle%20Door%20Gunner.jpg

I like it!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OZ309, I'll tell you a story from Wun Hung Lo. It was about half way through the battle when the Delta Snipers were captured by the Boptswanians. The Space Shuttle I was riding in, named The Dutch Crunch by its crew, was low on ammo so we decided to go back to base to rearm and refuel. When we got there we found out about the Snipers, so The Dutch Crunch and another SS, The Whole Wheat, (All Space Shuttles in the 67th are named after a type of bread) Loaded up with guys from the 69th PAF (Pirate-Astronaut-Fireman) division and flew in to rescue the Snipers. There was heavy AA coming up at us and we barely made it down to let the PAF guys jump off. We took off immediatly,  and tried to give some air support to the guys on the ground.

We Dont Exist. There is NO such thing as the 69th PAF, Thanks for the ride though......I MEAN
MOVE ALONG
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#24]
"Tai Mai Shoo"  "named after bread"    You so funny.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We Dont Exist. There is NO such thing as the 69th PAF, Thanks for the ride though......I MEAN
MOVE ALONG

It's true - the shuttle is called the Dutch Crunch because it was built in a secret underground windmill in Denmark.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#26]
 I love it!!!

How long does it take to become a Pirate-Astronaut-Fireman?  Do you have to qualify for each one separatly or what?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
 I love it!!!

How long does it take to become a Pirate-Astronaut-Fireman?  Do you have to qualify for each one separatly or what?

Haven't you heard? they show up at your house, abductdraft you, then fake your death.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MOVE ALONG

Were you the guy who tripped out of the SS when we were landing? I think I have a pic of it, let me find it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Hahaha,

My patch, BTW

t shirts are available

www.weaponforums.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=396156

original SSDG patch thread
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Still waiting on the coin group buy.

I'm serious, I'll buy one.

I'd buy a t-shirt too if it's done right.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MOVE ALONG

Were you the guy who tripped out of the SS when we were landing? I think I have a pic of it, let me find it.

I didnt trip...um...I was merely trying to...uh... land in a prone position to get a more stable platform for return fire and to lessen my profile from incoming fire.....YEAH thats it I SWEAR
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:17:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Hey good to hear you guys made it out ok. I was the armorer for the Canadarm, kind of an REMF but I got fly a few missions for being a cool guy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Keep it comin'  This stuff is great.    
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Pirate-Astronaut-Fireman, dont they wear purple berets?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#37]
This is classified so dont say where you saw it.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't know about you PAF guys, but all of us Door Gunners learned how to use a shoe lace for self-defense. You know the plastic thingy on the end of the laces? We sharpened them into points and used them as weapons for when our plasma rif...er, I mean...guns, ran out of ammo. So, all you survivalists, don't forget to bring your show laces.

Oh yeah, does anyone else remember that Malaysian guy with terets at Tai Mai Shoo? He kept swearing in Pig Latin for some odd reason...Malaysian Pig Latin.

ETA: Shit, CaptainPooby, I have a feeling that pic wasn't supposed to get out there.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Too stupid for words.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I don't know about you PAF guys, but all of us Door Gunners learned how to use a shoe lace for self-defense. You know the plastic thingy on the end of the laces? We sharpened them into points and used them as weapons for when our plasma rif...er, I mean...guns, ran out of ammo. So, all you survivalists, don't forget to bring your show laces.

Oh yeah, does anyone else remember that Malaysian guy with terets at Tai Mai Shoo? He kept swearing in Pig Latin for some odd reason...Malaysian Pig Latin.

ETA: Shit, CaptainPooby, I have a feeling that pic wasn't supposed to get out there.

Man, whan I was in delta, I was called the Aglet Assassin.
Except I didn't use standard shoelaces. What I'd do is use parachute cord. Not the normal stuff mind you, the kind the SS pilots used on their parachutes. You couldn't just melt the end with a lighter like you can normal 550 cord. You had to use a blowtorch. That stuff was tough.

Anyway, with that in my boots, I rarely had to carry a suppressor. People, dogs, geese, whatever was on sentry duty was easy game with my space shuttle shoe laces. In fact. I think it was our team that kicked off the battle of Tai Mai Shoo. We took out the general, and then one of our rookies tripped after taking out one of the guards. He slipped on the loose tongue of his boot. Stupid cherry. Next thing you know it was me and ole Jonesy facing a full division.

I think that's when you guys came in blastin'! If it wasn't for that kickout of ammo.
Yeesh.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#41]
The patch is great
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Are you guys seriously interested in patches and/or shirts? I want everyone who likes the design to email me at [email protected] or IM me thru the site, and let me know what the interest is.

Show everyone the pride in your unit!

Here is the full, non-patch textured image.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Are you guys seriously interested in patches and/or shirts? I want everyone who likes the design to email me at [email protected] or IM me thru the site, and let me know what the interest is.

Show everyone the pride in your unit!

Here is the full, non-patch textured image.

i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/jmindler/SSDG1.jpg

T-shirt with that design.  Ill like to wear one at the gunshows.

"For our banned comrades, leave no banned screen name behind"
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Oh geez. Do I have to tell my story of how I fast roped off the Hubble telescope and assassinated the original Castro with my 88mm recoiless sniper gun?

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:01:58 PM EDT
[#45]
I have had the misfortune of being a towed jumper on a jump into the Sea of Tranquility. It was a hollywood jump, a pay hurt jump basically. It sucked because normally it would have been a fun jump, there were no solar winds what day and we were jumping the light side of the moon.

Friggin belt from the  Door gunners MG got caught around my H harness (yeah I now old timer) and tripped me out the door on a friggin red light. It was actually pretty cool until I realized that I could not be retrieved and the cables were not eazy to cut. They were foaming the runway in prep for my landing with the Shuttle but they foamed it like a landing strip on Earth. They foamed it for like 1 mile. Problem is lunar landings take 15 miles to properly slow on landing.

Thank God for the elbow pads I bought from Sports Authority.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:49:57 PM EDT
[#46]
We need a SSDG unit motto...

"Hose 'em with hot lead!"

"Nuke 'em from orbit! It's the only way to be sure!"

"Illegitimus non carborundum est."
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man, whan I was in delta, I was called the Aglet Assassin.
Except I didn't use standard shoelaces. What I'd do is use parachute cord. Not the normal stuff mind you, the kind the SS pilots used on their parachutes. You couldn't just melt the end with a lighter like you can normal 550 cord. You had to use a blowtorch. That stuff was tough.

Anyway, with that in my boots, I rarely had to carry a suppressor. People, dogs, geese, whatever was on sentry duty was easy game with my space shuttle shoe laces. In fact. I think it was our team that kicked off the battle of Tai Mai Shoo. We took out the general, and then one of our rookies tripped after taking out one of the guards. He slipped on the loose tongue of his boot. Stupid cherry. Next thing you know it was me and ole Jonesy facing a full division.

I think that's when you guys came in blastin'! If it wasn't for that kickout of ammo.
Yeesh.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Translation please?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Translation please?

If you don't already know, it can never be explained.
I think only those of us that were there, will ever truly understand.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#50]
LOL!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top