P250Dcc?

Gaston's worst nightmare...though I will always love my glocks

www.army-technology.com/contractor_images/jp_sauer/2_P250DC.jpg

world.guns.ru/handguns/hg119-e.htm
www.sauer-waffen.de/index.php?id=319&lang=en

Is that meant to compete with the G19?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#3]
That's what I am waiting on...........I want to see the FN ARM and hear the reports about both before I make up my mind............I am kinda leaning toward the FN, as some rumors have it at a decent price around 1k.......we shall see

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate to be a wet blanket, but I cannot wrap my head around the idea that Sig is going to...

Make a domestic 550

Build it as well as Swiss Arms

Utilize AR mags

Sell it for under $1,000 (unless it's polymer where it should be steel)

Again, if I'm wrong as can be I'll be the happiest man on earth, I really will be. I'd love to have a 55X series gun, but about 95% of the allure is that it's Swiss craftsmanship. If it's like what Armalite did to the AR-180, I will not drop a nickel on one. It needs to be the equal of the Swiss guns, not a crappy imitation.

Amen and Amen !

This is what I have been saying too.

The current Swiss production PE90's are 2600+ US, how can Sigarms pull off an equal quality clone for ~1 Grand....

I'm just not seeing it happen.

I will be on a list to buy one the day of SHOT, if it is eye candy to me, but if it is a mixed bag of goodies, then I might pass.

I can stand to spend around 1 G on a non-AR rifle that has a nice piston OS and has sexy looks.... even if it is not made to Swiss precision  

While we are all complaining about "this or that", I think that we will all be holding our breath to see what FN has to offer in the ARM dept. before we "bite" on the "mystical" Sigarms 55X.

Hell, if it turns out to be a 550 upper on an AR lower I will still be happy because it shows that Sigarms loves us civilians and are giving a nice effort. We will be getting crumbs from their attempts at LEO contracts.... at this point, can any of us really complain

I mean Sigarms is inviting people to come to NH for a dinner and preview of the new rifle.... They are top-notch in my book and I will continue to support them even if their offering isn't "exactly" what I wanted.

3 Cheers for Sigarms

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#4]
There are pictures of it on sigforum.  It looks like shit.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:41:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:53:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I want my folding stock back...!

And WTF is all that crap hanging off of it?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:17:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I appreciate the fact that SIG is bringing an EBR to the consumer.

That is not what I was expecting.

WTF is up with that rail on the receiver?

I am soooo conflicted.

ETA:  Go to page 8 of the SIGforum post and look at the photo posed by rsilvers.

I dunno...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:22:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/722107584

Ugly as sin.

I like it. I prefer the pics on pg 8, but those on page 2 aint none too shabby.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:31:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ETA:  Go to page 8 of the SIGforum post and look at the photo posed by rsilvers.

I dunno...

alright, thats not too bad....I guess.  

But I wonder it will accept "standard" AR type grips?  It looks just like a G27, but is it the same mounting screw?  I'd switch out that POS before I got it home.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:44:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Oh what the fuck people.

Sig is going to introduce a new EBR to the US market, and just like the FN2000, the XCR etc etc...the great hue and cry of "Eeeewww!  It's icky looking!" flies forth from ARFCOM.

I think it looks like a good piece of hardware.

You know what...Glocks are about as asthetic as a brick.  But my duty-carry G21 has over 60K rounds down the pipe and has not ONCE failed to go bang, nor has it ever KaBoomed in my hand.  It's accurate and utterly reliable.

I could give a shit less about what a weapon looks like.  Function over form, people.

Sheep
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:51:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh what the fuck people.

Sig is going to introduce a new EBR to the US market, and just like the FN2000, the XCR etc etc...the great hue and cry of "Eeeewww!  It's icky looking!" flies forth from ARFCOM.

You know what...Glocks are about as asthetic as a brick.  But my duty-carry G21 has over 60K rounds down the pipe and has not ONCE failed to go bang, nor has it ever KaBoomed in my hand.  It's accurate and utterly reliable.

I could give a shit less about what a weapon looks like.  Function over form, people.

Sheep

I agree. Its an updated Sig 55x rifle. While the old one was badass, they took the old one and made it current.

Like putting a new platform under the Stang ya know? The older late 90's ones were nice, but a 30 year old platform does need some upgrading. Same thing here.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh what the fuck people.

Sheep

Thank God, someone else that thinks the same way I do. I thought for a minute that I was the only one here out of a sea of whinny asses that actually see this as a GOOD thing. :)
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#13]
What I find funny is how many people go ga-ga over the PS90 and are talking shit about the Sig 556.  Honestly I am really liking the 556 the more I read about it and the more I look at pictures.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What I find funny is how many people go ga-ga over the PS90 and are talking shit about the Sig 556.  Honestly I am really liking the 556 the more I read about it and the more I look at pictures.

Because the PS90 is an authentic firearm that everyone wants.

The SIG556 is a fuck over of a rifle everyone wants.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because the PS90 is an authentic firearm that everyone wants.

Not everyone.  As I said on one of the MANY Sig 556 threads I am going to pass judgement until I have a chance to handle and shoot one.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh what the fuck people.

Sheep

I agree. It looks alright. Looks are secondary to function in my book. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until I get to fondle one, and we get some range reports back in.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Lets see what else is hiding up SIG's sleeves during shot.

Aftermarket support assures everything you need to turn a 556 into a 55x within a year of release, if not sooner.

If it does take SIG 55x furniture buy it now because it's going to get difficult in late summer
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:55:59 PM EDT
[#18]
It's not terrible... I don't like the top rail... I will hold out for the FT model w/extended forearm. I will get the extra 20" bbl for a little added distance.

I just hope it's up to SIG's quality control.

David
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Why in the hell would they put a collapsible stock on a rifle that doesn't need it? What was wrong with the folding stock? Makes no sense at all to me. If you need to custoize LOP do it with interchangeable buttpads, don't compromise the compactness of the weapon.

I am a big fan of Sig products, but I don't see the point of changing an already successful product for the American market. this almost always results in a less desirable product.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
It looks alright. Looks are secondary to function in my book. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until I get to fondle one, and we get some range reports back in.

What? You are gonna wait to actually SEE the rifle, maybe even handle it, or even (gasp!) wait for someone who has shot it to report back before forming your opinion?

You mean to tell me, you are NOT gonna go off half-cocked and start hating the rifle based on an internet thread?

n00b. You'll NEVER make it here at Arfcom.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the Rep did say that civilian version S/A should be on the market soon that accepts AR mags, with a collapsible stock for under $1000.

I'd be on that like a redneck on a free Nascar bumpersticker booth.

wganz

am on Ordnance Outseller's waiting list

wganz

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top