Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/23/2005 9:37:35 AM EDT
It really speaks for itself.  An irate woman calls CNN complaining about the black X they flashed over Cheney's face as he delivered a speech.

Halfway through the call, the CNN guy starts saying it's freedom of speech, and they did it because Cheney is a liar and we need to bring the troops home now

www.dailypundit.com/graphics/cnncall.wav

Man, what has happened to journalism?  They are flushing all their credibility down the toilet in the name of bringing down Bush.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:40:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Seriously...
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing will be done over this either. Watch.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#5]
a must send to el Rushbo
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#6]
DAMN!

That CNN employee is honest. They hate Bush Cheney
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#7]
God I hate Libs...

ETA:

The media should not be voicing their opinions at all. They should present the facts and leave it to the people to draw conclusions
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:46:15 AM EDT
[#8]
So whhat the person calling had the foresight to record her conversation?

Or CNN intentionally leaked a recording from their customer support.

Why do I smell fish?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Friggin AMAZING!!!

Wait until THAT gets out!  

wow...just wow!

CNN is going to be SO

Liberal ASSHATS!
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#10]
oh man...I'm pissed
If this is real, I'm curious as to where exactly this recording came from.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#11]
As someone was commenting on the black X, the control room doesn't have the capability to induce a black X, it was intentional.

Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So whhat the person calling had the foresight to record her conversation?

Or CNN intentionally leaked a recording from their customer support.

Why do I smell fish?

You smell fish because a conservative DID record the dumbass libtard as he committed Seppeku on over the phone.  Of COURSE it was intentional!

What a maroon that fool was!  She OWNED him!

Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Actually the control room does have the ability to put the black X on Cheney's face, but only if it's already on another tape.  It seriously could have been a hicup, but it very likely wasn't.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#14]
So even if this tape was a fake, does that repair CNN's credibility on political issues?

I think not.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#15]
I am speechless...un-freaking-believable.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:54:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
God I hate Libs...

ETA:

The media should not be voicing their opinions at all. They should present the facts and leave it to the people to draw conclusions

+1
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
As someone was commenting on the black X, the control room doesn't have the capability to induce a black X, it was intentional.

I don't understand this sentence.

Isn't inducing the same thing as making it happen?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yes they do.  It would be hard/ impossible to do by accident.  They can create and bring up a graphic x.  They did it this morning on FOX as they reported from the control room. I could have done it easily when I worked in a video studio in college.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:58:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It really speaks for itself.  An irate woman calls CNN complaining about the black X they flashed over Cheney's face as he delivered a speech.

Halfway through the call, the CNN guy starts saying it's freedom of speech, and they did it because Cheney is a liar and we need to bring the troops home now

www.dailypundit.com/graphics/cnncall.wav

Man, what has happened to journalism?  They are flushing all their credibility down the toilet in the name of bringing down Bush.

I don't doubt that CNN wants their own regime change, but I cannot believe that they would be this stupid.  

I will apologize if I'm wrong but this call has got be a fake or not actually CNN.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:58:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Wow, if true this is rediculous. Any way to verify the authenticity of the recording?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:00:23 AM EDT
[#21]
It's not like a huge black X button is standard equipment on the control room console. Somebody thought it up beforehand and did it. Nothing accidental about it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:01:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Can that be real? I mean, can we be so lucky as to get such a recording?

ETA: As for "being too sypid to do this", I'll remind you that the troops in Abu Grahib were stupid enough to take photos....
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
So even if this tape was a fake, does that repair CNN's credibility on political issues?

I think not.

When did CNN have credibility to begin with?

<--FOXNEWS fan.

Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:10:19 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
It's not like a huge black X button is standard equipment on the control room console. Somebody thought it up beforehand and did it. Nothing accidental about it.

+1
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#25]

This doesn't surprise me one bit.

Truth:

- You can't trust the media.
- The media will either get things wrong or outright lie to push their agenda

AND

CNN = Clinton News Network
ABS = Another Bullshit Story
CBS = Communist Broadcasting Service
NBS = Nazi Broadcasting Service

Anymore?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

FWIW -- I'm sure you read this too, but apparently the X is there we just usually don't see it.   Whether or not it could be an accident  is something I couldn't comment on.  Seems so unlikely that it was an accident.

Taken from the Reauter article below.
"The "X" image, a place-holding marker used by technicians to cue up graphics, is not supposed to be visible to viewers but was inadvertently projected onto the screen by a malfunction in a "switcher" device, they explained."

today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=domesticNews&storyid=2005-11-23T143942Z_01_MCC303600_RTRUKOC_0_US-MEDIA-CNN.xml&rpc=22
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:15:10 AM EDT
[#27]
The audio recording sounds kinda fake to me. Most phone jockeys are not going to be allowed to give their personal opinion about on political, or any other issues.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Your are correct, there is no "huge black X button" but it is a placeholder for video feed, and if you had nothing loaded up to segue. then the placeholder would show.

Guys I'm not trying to defend CNN, but I think I would rather get fired for putting an "Im an asshole" caption or at least something memorable.

And I don't know about CNN but most places of employement would have your ass in a sling for being rude to a caller.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#29]
I just love how these things ONLY happen to Republicans. The asshole.jpg, this thing, etc.

They probably don't dare allow such things to happen to Hillary, even by accident, for fear of ending up face-down in Fort Marcey Park.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Holy heck dang yeeeeeehaaaaaaw
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:21:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Its more likely a technical glich then on purpose.  There have been other stories that support this.  But it is interesting that it happens to conservates and not democrates.  Also the media is preponderously liberal.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:25:16 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think not.

When did CNN have credibility to begin with?

<--FOXNEWS fan.

During the Clinton admin, they weren't nearly as bad as they are now. They had some credibility as they just reported instead of injecting criticism into reporting. Probably because they agreed with the point of view. Turn the tables and give them something they don't like, and that is what they broadcast now.

I like Fox news. The actual news portions, where a pretty girl simply reads the news is great. The stories are unbiased reporting. Just about anything else I consider editorial and opinionated. Which is fine because its fun to watch someone rip the left every night. But I do take it as editorial and not true reporting. CNN blurrs the line and appears to be reporting when its injected with editorial via editing or ommission of facts. Sometimes they choose to just plain not run a story because they don't like it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#33]
The entire situation is most curious, but one way or the other, we will probably NEVER HEAR the rest of the story......
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Wow, if true this is rediculous. Any way to verify the authenticity of the recording?

The woman who recorded it said she would submit the recording for authentication.  

I'm initially a skeptic.   CNN hates Bush and is fairly biased in their reporting.  Are they smart like the FOX, or dumb like the POST?  This just doesn't have the ring of truth to it.  It does remind me that the media is flailing around trying to regain their position of legitimacy over the blogs and may be in a disinformation mode.  Perhaps the media and the CIA are joining forces?  Anyone have the new program with the cast and players and plot synopsis?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#35]
So -- assuming the call is real -- what makes anyone think that some fool answering the phone actually knew what went on when that happened?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
So -- assuming the call is real -- what makes anyone think that some fool answering the phone actually knew what went on when that happened?

That's why I'm not allowed to in the same room as my company's switchboard:
  • For one,  because I believe in freedom of speech.
  • Also, I would never tire of fucking with people
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The woman who recorded it said she would submit the recording for authentication.  

Not if she called from California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, or Washington.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:49:56 AM EDT
[#38]
She has a damned annoying voice.

Personally, I thought the whole "X over his face" thing was hilarious, intentional or not.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm afraid I must call BS as well.

If you're going to lose your job, it would be better with "I'm an Idiot" rather than the flash of a black X.

Plus there's no way that call is real. Do you really think the dweeb that answers the phone would talk like that to a caller? These guys say "Yes Sir. No Sir. I'll make a note of that. Thank you for calling". They don't go off on some political diatribe.

If I'm wrong I'll admit it, but as much as I would like the call to be real, this is just too over the top for me.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Why do you think it is Communist News Network?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Truth:

AND

Anymore?

Applies more to O'riley specifically, but

FOX = French Obcessed Xenophobes
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Truth:

AND

Anymore?

HNN = Hillary News network
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Truth:

AND

Anymore?

Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Personally, I thought the whole "X over his face" thing was hilarious, intentional or not.

Why would that be?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Truth:

AND

Anymore?

No, that would be an idiotic canard.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#46]
That's a libtard fer ya... If it is true, this will be good when it gets out!
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would that be?

Because he's a fan of the black rifle...and the DU.

DUh
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Drudge had a pic of a white X flashing also.  Said it was up for 1/15th of a second or something.  You could just make out "....after 5 frames of black".  It seems to me that it was a glitch.  But, maybe it was intentional and made to look like a glitch!
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Truth:

AND

Anymore?

FanoftheBlackRifel  FBR = DU
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top