Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I saw someone do that and happened to have a camera handy.  

www.petenelson.com/Photos/Misc/Misc/Gas%20Hose.jpg

Was this in Austin?
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Could be worse....... check out this numbnuts

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Misc/woman23.jpg

A guy in the next island pulled to far forward of the pumps. He opened his door and while looking behind him he backed up. Unfortunately his open door got hung up on the island guard post and bent it open about 120 degrees.

Over the years I've seen three cars pull away from the pump with the nozzle still in the filler pipe of the car.    
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#3]
If that's the stupidest thing that has happened in your life so far,  you are lucky.  No one died or got hurt.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It amazes me that it happens so often the pipe has a quick release....that's more worrying.

Taffy

No, that means that we as humans learn from our mistakes. That, and the lawyers made them do it.

Bob
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, you've beat yourself up enough on this little goof.

Now take the therapeutic step of making a list for yourself of a bunch of the BIG and IMPORTANT things you've done RIGHT.  Like when you've saved somone's butt, stopped a crime, helped someone get over being a victim, helped a friend in need, given some good advice etc.

Everybody has an occasional short-term memory lapse, right?  It's not a character defect.  

It's a measure of your good nature that you even volunteered your mistake here.  Don't worry -  your buddy will save you the trouble of putting it up on the bulletin board.....

Link Posted: 11/24/2005 11:46:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I could actually understand how that might happen. But what kills me is seeing someone grind the ignition on a car that's already been started! Arghhhhhhhhhh! That kills me. AndI have seen some people do that repeatedly. You just want to choke them. Violently. LOL.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 12:08:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's some funny stuff dude.

Thanks for publicly humiliating yourself for our enjoyment

Oh, Sherrick! You don't know how much you made my day. 50 bucks will keep my mouth shut!
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 12:14:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, you suck.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 3:17:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
LOL, no biggie, man. Who around here hasn't done something stupid?

Well I haven't yet today but it's only 7:19 AM. Give me time.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 4:48:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
LOL, no biggie, man. Who around here hasn't done something stupid?

Well I haven't yet today but it's only 7:19 AM. Give me time.

And as we all get older, we will realize there are ALWAYS opportunities to top your last performance .
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 5:30:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 5:31:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Could be worse....... check out this numbnuts

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Misc/woman23.jpg

I had a guy do something similar at a gas staion I worked at in high school.  In this case we had two single post on each end of the pump island.  It was icy out and the guy cam in to fast.  Hit one of the posts, bent it over a little and the front bumper slid up and over it.  We had to call a towtruck to get him off the post.  

The funny thing was he only came in for some windshield washer fluid.

I saw some asshat get a  honda civic stuck like that,boy was he pissed.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 5:34:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm glad I can't pump my own gas living in NJ.

State law?
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 5:51:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I did it on surveillance once about 5 years ago. It was at the Texaco station at 21st & Lewis in Tulsa. It was about oh-dark-thirty in the morning and I was still about half asleep. I was pumping gas into my vehicle and went in for coffee. My partner called on the radio and said the suspect was already moving (we didn't expect them for a couple more hours at least) I ran out to my car and drove off with the pump handle still stuck in my tank. I didn't make it out of the parking lot because I stopped as soon as I heard the "thunk". Luckily there was an automatic shu-off switch at a socket connection where the fuel hose meets the pump so the pump stopped and not a lot of gas was spilled. The attendant sent out a mechanic (full service station) who had just arrived for work. He hooked the hose back up as easily as putting a socket on the end of a rachet wrench.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 6:09:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If that's the stupidest thing that has happened in your life so far,  you are lucky.  No one died or got hurt.

+1
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 6:10:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Don't worry about it.  
Sounds like if you live long enough you'll do something far more stupid than that!
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 7:10:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:54:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
My friend and I had stopped a 7-11 to fill up my tank and get some coffee.  
<snip>
I am a dumbass.

Sorry no pics, I didn't have my camera with me.

You stopped a 7-11???   How fast was it going?        

Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I did it once.  Cracked my taillight.  My grandma was in the car and had no idea it happened.  

Link Posted: 11/25/2005 9:00:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

State law?

Yup.

Its nice not having to get outa the car.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 9:04:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, atleast you didn't get on an internet board and tell everyone about it - oh, wait a minute...

Ahh, don't sweat it, bud - I'm sure it *could* have turned out worse...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 9:08:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

State law?

It is in Oregon, that was WIERD.  

I wonder what prompts those laws?

High school test scores?
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 9:15:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

State law?

High school test scores?

Alberta Canada is that way too.  First time I hopped out and started pumping gas into the rental car some young lady looked at me like I was a lunatic.

(Every gas pumper in Canada is a usually hot young lady, though it can be kind of hard to tell thru the snowsuit)

We stopped for gas a lot.  That whole liters to gallons vs miles to kilometers thing.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Fortunately, you didn't endanger anyone, like those other folks with memory loss.....  
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:...

Whoa!  IN plates, IL locus, NE fan.  Nice combo.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#26]
   My buddy did that one day but he was stoned, You were to wernt YaWernt Ya!!
  I laughed my ass off
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Do you alsor leave the men's room with your monster hanging out of your pants?
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Really, if that's the stupidest thing you've ever done I think your way ahead of the game.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:...

Whoa!  IN plates, IL locus, NE fan.  Nice combo.  

Hey man, at least I get around!
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 1:26:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
It really does happen all the time.  2 minutes to hook it back up.

+1
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Tag
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#32]
I did it too once, when I was in high school at the end of a long workshift.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#33]
I saw a gal at a gas station drive her fender straight into the steel concrete filled barrier by the gas pump.

Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
That's some funny stuff dude.

Thanks for publicly humiliating yourself for our enjoyment

Oh, Sherrick! You don't know how much you made my day. 50 bucks will keep my mouth shut!

STFU

or

Should I tell Ted or Rick?
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 10:14:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Gas stations screw up, too.   The guy I worked for didn't maintain his nozzles, and the automatic shut-off failed. A bunch went into the trunk of a Porche while I was washing his windows.  He was pi**ed.

Link Posted: 11/25/2005 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#36]
LOL, you have just lived my greatest fear of pumping gas (not that there's exactly all that many fears I have about the process...).

I didn't know it happened so often though. It is a mistake I think everyone has at least come somewhat close to making. Worry not
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 10:41:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Never fuel up at 4:21
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

State law?

High school test scores?

Alberta Canada is that way too.  First time I hopped out and started pumping gas into the rental car some young lady looked at me like I was a lunatic.

(Every gas pumper in Canada is a usually hot young lady, though it can be kind of hard to tell thru the snowsuit)

We stopped for gas a lot.  That whole liters to gallons vs miles to kilometers thing.

That is the state law in OR and NJ. They let truck drivers pump diesel though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Got a better one. I worked at a convenience store and stopped in on my day off. Cop friend of mine is just leaving as I get there putting his wife and five kids in a truck that's pulling a boat. when I get to the counter the newbie clerk says she's got a drive off.  I check the surveillence tape and sure enough it's my cop friend. He and his wife came in tith all the kids, paid seperately and no one paid for the gas. I pay it knowing he's good for it and go about my day. He comes scrambling back into the place, after I've gone and the clerk on duty is gone. Spends two hours with the next clerk trying to figure out what happened. Dreading the thought that the rest of the PD would find out what happened.

He paid me back but he was mad as hell about the wanted posters that I gave to the other cops that came in the store.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top