Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 6:06:34 AM EDT
The neverending tales of "Living next to the Springer Rejects"

cliffs notes:

2:25 a.m.:  awoken to screams from the neighbor's wife (which has become a familiarity )appearing to come from our front yard
2:27:  retrieve my CQB 'protection' & insure that my wife is in the back room, call the police & am informed that units are already in route
2:28:  flip on scanner to listen to the action and watch out the window
2:30:  two units arrive
2:32:  LEOs call for back-up from the neighboring town (at this time I'm thinking 'Oh s@#$!')
2:35:  neighboring LEOs arrive.  rescue truck arrives
2:40:  request for ambulance cancelled
2:45+:  everyone stands outside talking, wife leaves to go stay elsewhere, cops eventually leave, and NO ONE IS TAKEN INTO CUSTODY
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:09:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I would invest in a very large lawnmower and remove the muffler for a regular 6am manicuring.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:10:09 AM EDT
[#2]
You poor bastard.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:11:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Which one causes more problem - husband or wife?  Or both equally?

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:12:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:13:38 AM EDT
[#5]

a: moving

Trust me, when Jen graduates this term, we are HISTORY.  I started to go out and give the police a piece of my mind regarding the idiots, but I hesitated for whatever reason (still reluctant due to the fact that I know they are home alone with our house every day while Jen and I are at work/school )

The wife is usually the problem (drunk, out in the yard, etc.)  But apparently this time the husband might have hit her or something.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:15:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:16:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
if he had hit her, he'd have been picked up.

Mythoughts too.  I'm wondering why the rescue was called out?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:23:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:47:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

NO ONE IS TAKEN INTO CUSTODY

Don't you just love that?

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:49:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

she probably called the cops screaming about being killed, etc.  then when the cops got there they discovered that she was drunk without a scratch on her so they sent the ambulance away.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:57:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I got good neighbors now but the house next door is for sale.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:02:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:03:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I got good neighbors now but the house next door is for sale.

Can you buy it (or get rights to the contract) and then 'decide' who moves in?  I have no details, I just know it is possible.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:05:17 AM EDT
[#14]
how many dogs did you lose??

sorry had to ask
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
my advise....

get a cheap camcorder.

EVERY time they show their ass in public tape and call the cops. Ask for a copy of the report to insure one is filed.

this will give you 2 things, the cops will get tired of the constant complaint and eventually begin to arrest for disturbing the peace. you will have a verifiable record of their behavior should you ever need to have them arrested for harrasment or assualt on you or your family.

it will also let them know the neighborhood is watching and fedup with their trashy behavior. they will straighten up or become so miserable living there they will have the incentive to move. Just expect some retalliation from them. park your car in the garage if possible and pay up your insurance.

it really comes down to whether you want to live there without that crap or not.

Thanks for the advice.  I do have a video camera, I may plug it up tonight and have it on 'standby'.  

Will the police give you a copy of the report that easily?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Darn JBTs!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:10:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

<snip>

Will the police give you a copy of the report that easily?

Yep, all reports are a matter of public record!

ETA:  That is, assuming a report is filed.  All the police will be able to give you is a case number and you can acquire the report following that.  If no report is being filed you can also go down tot he station generally and get a copy of all runs to that address printed out for ya.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:11:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does AL have a mandatory domestic violence arrest law? If not, do the officers have a victim willing to sign a complaint?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:16:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Just shoot the neighors dog and move
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:19:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, nobody got taken into custody when a pair of psychopaths spent forty-five minutes repeatedly attempting to murder me and my mother while we waited for the cops... as we circled the FUCKING POLICE STATION. In fact, I was told it was MY FAULT to begin with  and that I was lucky they didn't decide to charge me with anything.

That was the day I decided a handgun and CCW permit would come before 911 next time. Five years later I'm finally legal and now can't afford the gun or CCW yet.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:23:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Yes, AL does have a mandatory domestic violence arrest law?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:32:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Ah, yes. Brings back memories of the guy that used to live upstairs from me. He would beat up his girlfriend, and after the screams I would call the police.

LE would show up, knock on the door to no answer and then leave.

I guess if she doesn't complain, they won't do anything.

Lived there for 12 years, and I could tell you stories you wouldn't believe.

That's history, though, because I finally had enough and exercised my only option ......... I moved.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:11:38 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

she probably called the cops screaming about being killed, etc.  then when the cops got there they discovered that she was drunk without a scratch on her so they sent the ambulance away.

BTDT
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:12:49 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does AL have a mandatory domestic violence arrest law? If not, do the officers have a victim willing to sign a complaint?

Yes. The victim does not have to sign a report for a DV arrest to be made.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:23:19 AM EDT
[#25]

They won't give me a copy of the report.  They say only the victim can get it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
They won't give me a copy of the report.  They say only the victim can get it.

don't worry about that.  if there was no crime, there was probably no report.

call the non-emergency line and ask to have a SGT/LT for that patrol area  (not sure how things work down there - sounds like a small agency) call you back about a chronic noise problem with your neighbors.  then just explain the situation to him/her so they are prepared for the deluge of calls that will be coming from you every time one of the in-breeders next door shows their ass.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

call the non-emergency line and ask to have a SGT/LT for that patrol area  (not sure how things work down there - sounds like a small agency) call you back about a chronic noise problem with your neighbors.  then just explain the situation to him/her so they are prepared for the deluge of calls that will be coming from you every time one of the in-breeders next door shows their ass.

That's an excellent idea, though we have called them numerous times about the other idiots who race up and down the road through all hours of the night waking everyone up on the street, and they have done very little to pacify it.  I suppose persistence will pay off, eventually.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Not true, especially given the manpower tied up on the call. Especially if it was a domestic incident. However, without being an involved party, the only way he'd get to see any report is via FOIL request.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#30]
I think you need to move.  Didn't you post about someone crashing into your yard a while back?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not true, especially given the manpower tied up on the call. Especially if it was a domestic incident. However, without being an involved party, the only way he'd get to see any report is via FOIL request.

Actually in researching AL's FOIA the report should be a matter of public record.  All incident reports not currently active in the investigation of a criminal case anyway.  They're screwin up there.  Incident reports are a matter of public record, but how do you beat that through their heads?  I recommended to Beetle to attempt to acquire reports and dispatch records through the prosecutor's office since he has the knowledge of public records and ability to obtain such records.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I think you need to move.  Didn't you post about someone crashing into your yard a while back?

yes.  and numerous "the neighbor's dogs are driving us nuts" threads like this

Thanks HH and TBS for your suggestions and insight.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#33]
In AR if either person has an injury (mark, bruise, abrasion) one or both go to jail, period...if the complainant does not wish to make a report then the incident is merely recorded on the responding officer's call log...it is not unommon for Emerg. Svcs. to be notified when the Po-Po is as in many places the same dispatch handles all the police, fire, medic calls for that area. If I lived next door I would be the complainant and certainly file a report...a copy of the report goes for about $3.00 here. Depending on the complaint, most certainly a misdemeanor, take a copy of the report to the prosecuting attorney's office, file a complaint and take the offender to court. If you complain of them disturbing the peace, that is certainly in violation of an ordnance...but being a misdemeanor, police have to witness it to make an arrest.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:01:01 PM EDT
[#35]
btdt

nothing "fixed" it but moving

sad  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#36]
No amount of documenting or recording will solve your problem.

You need to get with the other neighbors and start messing with them until they get the hint.

Since they are drunks they will likely pass out at some point, probably leave the doors unlocked too. You could have a lot of fun.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
2:27:  retrieve my CQB 'protection' & insure that my wife is in the back room, call the police & am informed that units are already in route

Why is your wife not in the same room as you, at 2:27AM?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Probably because his eyes are glued to the window watching whats going on at the neighbors.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably because his eyes are glued to the window watching whats going on at the neighbors.

Funny.  I dont remember asking you anything.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The answer was in the first post; thought you overlooked it. Don't be so testy for someone trying to help ya out.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:36:40 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The answer was in the first post; thought you overlooked it. Don't be so testy for someone trying to help ya out.

I was goofing on you.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#42]

yeah, our bedroom is in the rear, the action was in the front.

+ update - the woman was back today when  I drove in from work
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
yeah, our bedroom is in the rear, the action was in the front.

+ update - the woman was back today when  I drove in from work

she LOVES him!!!  

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Hmmm....It's 2:25 est.  Things should pick up any time now.  If not, full moon is the 14th.

Seriously, hope you don't have to live there much longer.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top