Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/14/2006 9:23:38 PM EDT
Earlier today i went and got 10 squarebales of good dry hay.
So I'm driving down Rt. 22 in pa tonight with my girlfriend in my 2005 silverado, I'm having a smoke and throw it out the window.  About 5 miles down the road i see a cop and my girl looks back to see the cop and notices sparks coming out of my bed.  She goes "baby, i think your trucks on fire."  i look back and see small embers and sparks coming out of the bed.. So i pull over to the side of the road and get out and walk back and see that theres flames coming from the hay.    So i hop up in the bed and brush most of the burning hay onto the road and leave the tail gate down and drive the rest of the way to wal mart with it down.  
Needless to say the wind sucked the ciggerate into the bed and onto the hay.

From now on I will brush the excess hay out before i go anywhere.  

Best trip to wal mart ever.  

This ever happen to anyone else???

best hay fire ive ever seen was one day we were round baling in a field before a thunderstorm, and we went in when it started raining, get a call at about 3:30pm saying the the firemen are on the way, and one of our roundbales were on fire.  Ended up that the roundbale got struck by lightning.  What a day that was.

ANY interesting storys welcome about hay fires and lightning
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Um....

Tag.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#3]

I'm having a smoke and throw it out the window

tsk, tsk!!

Glad you're ok...might have had to change your screen name!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#4]
NA its all good   my trucks fine, my girls fine, im fine, but i think rt 22 mite be on fire, been hearin fire whistles all night......   just kiddin, but i have been hearin fire whistles all night and listenin to the scanner.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

tsk, tsk!!

Glad you're ok...might have had to change your screen name!

I never toss lit butts. It's just poor discipline.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Too bad it didn't burn your truck completely up, you fucking litterbug.  It might have taught you a lesson.  Do you know how many fucking forest fires are started by that inconsiderate shit?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Over 20 years ago when I was in high school, one of my friends had a job delivering Automart newspapers to the local 7-11 and White Hen stores.

My friend drove a 1973 Chevy Impala.  He had the rear seat bottom removed so that he could pack the back seat with the bundles of newspapers he had to deliver.

It was summer and my friend wanted to go on a vacation with his family, so he found another friend of our's to deliver his newspapers that week.

He left this guy the keys to his car and instructions of what he needed to do.

The "fill-in" picked up the papers as instructed.  He was returning to the area on the expressway and started to smell smoke.  He kept driving thinking that he was smelling someone's fire place.  After a while the smoke started to get thicker and he realized the car was on fire.  He pulled over and saw smoke billowing from the back seat.  He tried to remove some of the bundles of papers.  This allowed more oxygen to reach the smoldering papers and the flames started to rise.

There were no cell phones at this time, so this guy just stepped back and watched the show.  Firemen came to the scene, but the fire was very hard to extinguish.  They finaly were able to put the fire out, but it was way to late for the car.  The fire was so hot that it completely melted the roof.

My friend returned from his vacation to find a melted pile of steel for a car.

It turned out that the fire started because the floor had rotted out, and some of the papers were sitting directly on the muffler!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Too bad it didn't burn your truck completely up, you fucking litterbug.  It might have taught you a lesson.  Do you know how many fucking forest fires are started by that inconsiderate shit?

I find myself in full agreement with this post.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You know how many people are laughing everytime you post from this shit?

Seriously, if the truck caught fire it was either the Unions fault, Gm's shitty designs or GW's fault.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously, if the truck caught fire it was either the Unions fault, Gm's shitty designs or GW's fault.

Fuckers!  I need to sabotage that thread so bad it gets locked AND trashed1!!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuckers!  I need to sabotage that thread so bad it gets locked AND trashed1!!

You can do anything you want to it.........

Quoted:
Plus One.  If I were you, pictures of my erect penis against his cheek would already be circulating on the internet.

If you fuck with this guy you'll go down in history as an Arfcom hero.  We're all counting on you.

Checking this thread is the first thing I'm going to do in the morning.

Your penis rubbing will go down in infamy!

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#13]
demand a recall!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#15]
god damn smokers who throw out there ciggerettes need to be shot, they have destroyed countless peoples homes in Oklahoma this year.

litter bugs are dumb anyways
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#16]
My dumbass buddies in high school were shooting bottle rockets out their car at people waiting in line to go to a bar.  They shot a few one hit something a bounced back into their car.  I guess they all shit some bricks that night. Serves them right.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

No shit.  Fucking litterbugs, somebody should hold those fuckers down and rub an erect penis against their cheek.

Sorry, man, that's some seriously funny shit.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.  Fucking litterbugs, somebody should hold those fuckers down and rub an erect penis against their cheek.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Damn.  I guess I have to abandon this account now, and get a troll account.  Seems I'm doomed.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Serves you right.  Should have burned your shit to the ground.  Use the fucking ashtray dipshit.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Damn.  I guess I have to abandon this account now, and get a troll account.  Seems I'm doomed.  Thanks guys.

Hell no!  Change the tag under your screen name to reflect your accomplishment!  I'm sure this is going to be the next most popular phrase on AR15.com.  LIVE in your 15 minutes, LIVE!  

As for the POS that tossed the ciggy?  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Earlier today i went and got 10 squarebales of good dry hay.
So I'm driving down Rt. 22 in pa tonight with my girlfriend in my 2005 silverado, I'm having a smoke and throw it out the window.  About 5 miles down the road i see a cop and my girl looks back to see the cop and notices sparks coming out of my bed.  She goes "baby, i think your trucks on fire."  i look back and see small embers and sparks coming out of the bed.. So i pull over to the side of the road and get out and walk back and see that theres flames coming from the hay.    So i hop up in the bed and brush most of the burning hay onto the road and leave the tail gate down and drive the rest of the way to wal mart with it down.  
Needless to say the wind sucked the ciggerate into the bed and onto the hay.

best hay fire ive ever seen was one day we were round baling in a field before a thunderstorm, and we went in when it started raining, get a call at about 3:30pm saying the the firemen are on the way, and one of our roundbales were on fire.  Ended up that the roundbale got struck by lightning.  What a day that was.

ANY interesting storys welcome about hay fires and lightning

Sounds like you were looking to start a different kinda fire...

You're either a dipshit or a really evil MFer.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:20:02 PM EDT
[#23]
During the summer people toss their half gone cigs out the window. They land and start brush fires. It's people like you that create the damn fires that create the smoke that engulfs interior of Alaska every year.

Karma's a bitch hu?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:34:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I have to ask, did you jsut get out of the movie theater after watching brokeback mountain when you asked that in the other thread?? lol ahahahhaah i have to ask.....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:18:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Your best bet is to stop smoking because it appears that laws of throwing lit cigerettes out the window does not sink in.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:30:11 AM EDT
[#26]
I hate people that throw cig butts from there vehicle windows. A few years back the car driving in front of me threw his cig butt out the window and landed on the wiper blade of my car. The next light we stopped at I got out of my car took the cig butt ran upto his car and threw it in the back seat ( it landed on the seat) ran my ass back to my car, by then the light turned green and I sped off around him. Seeing him in my rear view mirror I see him geting out of his car going into the back seat of his, thats the last I saw of him so I don't know the damage extent to his car seat if any. So beware cigg butt thrower if you throw a butt onto my car.....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:31:11 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Serves you right.  Should have burned your shit to the ground.  Use the fucking ashtray dipshit.

What ASHTRAY????....the whiny assed "non smoker" element has car companies NOT EVEN MAKING ASHTRAYS FOR VEHICLES ANYMORE.

My 2005 Wrangler Rubicon came with NO ASHTRAY.....there isn't anywhere for one....and if anyone thinks that's gonna stop ME from smoking.....

guess again.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:40:20 AM EDT
[#28]
The moral of the story is, “Don’t throw your butt out the window".  

Seriously.  It‘s very inconsiderate of anyone to throw any lit cigarette or anything that could cause fire or a dangerous condition out of a window.  

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:41:10 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The moral of the story is, “Don’t throw your butt out the window".  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Colt_SBR/Smileys_A-Z/Smileys_M-N-O/MoonyRoad.gif  

Seriously.  It‘s very inconsiderate of anyone to throw any lit cigarette or anything that could cause fire or a dangerous condition.  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Colt_SBR/57985sm.gif  

+ a billion
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:43:01 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the second thread I've read this morning that mentioned an erect penis against one's cheek.  Did I miss something?  Is this something new that I should be trying?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:46:01 AM EDT
[#31]

LOL I had to do this
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:47:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Maybe next time the lit cig butt will fall in your lap and burn your nutz off so you don't reproduce.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

This is the second thread I've read this morning that mentioned an erect penis against one's cheek.  Did I miss something?  Is this something new that I should be trying?

NO!!!  These guys are setting you up.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:55:01 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Maybe next time the lit cig butt will fall in your lap and burn your nutz off so you don't reproduce.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:00:16 AM EDT
[#35]
When I am driving at night behind a car that throws a cigarette out the window I just sit behind them for a while with my brights on.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:00:38 AM EDT
[#36]
I was headed back from Costco with a boatload of booze and snacks for my housewarming party. I had a half gallon of Absolut and some other hooch in the back of the truck. Apparently, the sun hit the vodka bottle just right and set the carboard flat they put everything in at the store on fire.

I smelled burning cardboard, and when I stopped at the off ramp, there was fire! I saved the booze and food, but sacrificed a 12 pack of coke to rescue the truck.

As to the flipping butts out the window, I try not to do it. Is it deserving of a death sentence, as per PeteCo, Cockmaster At Arms? Not even close.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:02:32 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
When I am driving at night behind a car that throws a cigarette out the window I just sit behind them for a while with my brights on.  

See, and when someone high beams me like that, there never fails to be a cute little kitty that runs out into the road that I slam on the brakes for. Sometimes there's not even time to get to the brake pedal, so I just yank the e-brake....

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:05:11 AM EDT
[#38]
sigcheck
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:08:50 AM EDT
[#39]
To bad you didn't burn your damn truck to the ground, get ticketed for littering and have your insurance deny the claim due to stupidity.
Now THAT would be funny.
The world is not your ash tray.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:16:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Coupla weeks ago at the intersection of 35 and 90 here in SA, I passed a XXXXX plumbing company pickup truck on the side of the road that stuff in the bed was on fire.

EDIT:  figured I better delete the company's name
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:30:53 AM EDT
[#41]
That happened in Lansing, MI awhile ago.  Some guy was driving down the express way an did the same thing.  Whole trailer went up.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:42:59 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I hate people that throw cig butts from there vehicle windows. A few years back the car driving in front of me threw his cig butt out the window and landed on the wiper blade of my car. The next light we stopped at I got out of my car took the cig butt ran upto his car and threw it in the back seat ( it landed on the seat) ran my ass back to my car, by then the light turned green and I sped off around him. Seeing him in my rear view mirror I see him geting out of his car going into the back seat of his, thats the last I saw of him so I don't know the damage extent to his car seat if any. So beware cigg butt thrower if you throw a butt onto my car.....

Makes a better impression if you hurl a wad of burning newspaper through the front window and into their lap.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did i miss something?  The guy threw a cigarette out the window and caught his truck on fire.  What PeteCO said is true.  If i was a cop, i would love to give out the $500 dollar fines to dumbass smokers that throw their shit out the window.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:52:18 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did i miss something?  The guy threw a cigarette out the window and caught his truck on fire.  What PeteCO said is true.  If i was a cop, i would love to give out the $500 dollar fines to dumbass smokers that throw their shit out the window.

How much would you ticket the chew users that toss the contents of their spitoons out of their window? And the people who take the kids to McDonalds and then hurl the bag out of the window? And the people who dump dirty diapers (oh yes, I've seen it) out the window at 70?

Just checking to make sure there weren't any prejudices....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:07:58 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

tsk, tsk!!

No kidding.  Thats often how wildfires start here. Some jacksass doesnt want to use his ashtray iand instead kills a dozen people and destroys a hundred milion in property.

I dont write speeding tickets but i would cite my own mother if she threw a cig out the window.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What ASHTRAY????....the whiny assed "non smoker" element has car companies NOT EVEN MAKING ASHTRAYS FOR VEHICLES ANYMORE.

My 2005 Wrangler Rubicon came with NO ASHTRAY.....there isn't anywhere for one....and if anyone thinks that's gonna stop ME from smoking.....

guess again.

No ashtray? where will I keep my change?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Being an owner of a Silverado myself, all I can say is that you should have let the fucking thing burn.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#49]
silveradoguy17,

Didn't quite think it would go like this, didja?

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

guess again.

Wow.

You're absolutely right.  The fact that your car didn't come with an ashtray FORCES you to throw lit cigarettes out of the window.  There clearly is not other possible alternative.

When I bought my house, it didn't come with a garbage can.  Should I have started throwing my trash in the neighbors yard, or in the street?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top