Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 12:29:27 PM EDT
It seems that we are only good at certain things,  like collecting electronic eavesdropping.  And that might be questionable.

But when it comes to human intelligence,  getting verified intelligence on foreign countries,  and analyzing and coming up with tactic, we seem to fail.

Before the Iraq War the reason for war was that Iraq had WMD's that posed a risk to the United States and a training ground for terrorists.  But when we got there,  there was no WMD's.  Which makes me question what source they were using for their intelligence.  You would think if we based our war on WMD's,  then they would of at least knew where a few of the WMD's were located.  AS in they had the place surveiled.  Im not saying I dont support the Iraq war,  im just talking about the faults in our intelligence agency's.

Did they not verify intelligence that Iraq had WMD's?

Else is an assumption a basis for war?  It seems like we fabricated it out of "assumption",  and then called it verified intelligence.

In pakistan we attack a sovereign country and kill 18 civilians on "unverified" intelligence hoping to kill Al Quaida leaders.

There was no Al Quiada there.  Do we just drop bombs on randomn people hoping to perfect our psychic ability?  They should of used Predators to scope it out,   drop some microphones and cameras,  and try to ascertain who is inside.  Instead we just dropped bombs before we verified our intelligence was correct.

I think the curriculum at our intelligence schools needs to teach people more thorough practices in verifying intelligence.   And I think we need better practices in collecting intelligence.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#1]
its more affective than your speeling

and they did "verify" the wmd reports, the brits, germans, and a few other all agreed that they were there.

go back to du scumbag
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

and they did "verify" the wmd reports, the brits, germans, and a few other all agreed that they were there.

go back to du scumbag

if they verified the intelligence,  where are the WMD's?  By verifying the intelligence they would of known where at least "some" of the WMD's were.  They would of found some,  took some pictures,  had actually tangible evidence.

Anyone can say they verified intelligence.  Doesnt mean they did.

The proof is in the pudding.  

How come the US intel agency hasnt released us a little powerpoint presentation with all the pictures of stockpiled WMD's and the intelligence they had leading up to its capture.

There wasnt any intelligence other then obscure quotes from Iraqi defectors that Iraq had "WMD's".
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#3]
well we found 500 tons of yellowcake uranium there, with some enriched already.

and you cannot tell me that the rest is not buried or in syria
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Not this shit again...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Not this shit again...

ImplementOfWar
Post Number :: 29

RI, USA

'fraid so
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
well we found 500 tons of yellowcake uranium there, with some enriched already.

and you cannot tell me that the rest is not buried or in syria

Probably because Iraq used to have a nuclear reactor.  It was the type of uranium that would of been used in their nuclear reactor.  And that is the type of uranium me and you can buy online.

it was under IAEA inspection,  and none of it was missing when they went back and retrieved it.

The intelligence and reasoning still doesnt hold water.  This stuff was probably under 24/7 camera surveilance anyways.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#8]
IM talking about our intelligence agency,  im not talking about the Iraq war.

I support the war.

Im just talking about faulty intelligence.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:41:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

if they verified the intelligence,  where are the WMD's?

Oh, maybe under Saddam international, or maybe wherever those Sarin filled arty shells that were used as IED's came from, or wherever those 7 tons of enriched uranium came from that was moved out, or wherever all those semi trucks headed to Syria before the war went.

So many people all have this idea that you'd drive up to a building and would see a sign that said "BAGHDAD BIOWARFARE CENTER". The phrase some need to also learn is "DUAL USE". A totally legitimate bioresearch lab with a Level 4 area in Baghdad, built by the French,  was found in 1998 to be conducting research into smallpox (the lab was "disabled" by putting concrete into the ventilation piping. The French wouldn't let the lab be totally destroyed). It was not under UN monitoring until that point, because it was "just a research lab". Read "Demon in the Freezer" by the guy who wrote "The Hot Zone". 99% of Iraqs research into and production of Bio and Chem stuff was done with things that aren't actually considered a WMD until you mix them.

So yeah, stop reading the NYT and go forth and learn something about WMD production, use and trafficking.

On the Intel side, yeah, we do electronic stuff better than human stuff post Cold War. We're getting better at it, but I still think the CIA suffers from a bit of CYA syndrome and would a)rather not take many risks and b)worries more about it's own existance than national security sometimes. The intel side that is.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#11]
probably under 24/7 surveilance?  no I dont think so.  yes we know he used to have WMD, we know he had it during the sanctions(he used them) and we know that Iraqis like to bury stuff in the sand prior to an invasion(remember those MIG fighters?) so they are out there, we just havent found them yet.

take your whiney anti war hippy bullshit back to democratic underground and stop wasting my time
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

go back to du scumbag

if they verified the intelligence,  where are the WMD's?

Anyone can say they verified intelligence.  Doesnt mean they did.

Obviously the intelligence they thought they verified,  wasnt verified at all.

The proof is in the pudding.  

I can say I verified there are UFO's.  Without putting up or shutting up,  I am an idiot.

How come the US intel agency hasnt released us a little powerpoint presentation with all this verified intelligence to restore hope in the public.

There wasnt any intelligence other then obscure quotes from Iraqi defectors that Iraq had "WMD's".  hardly verifiable intelligence.

Word for word from the dumocrat politicians.

Your boy Bill said they had them.  You can thank the dumocrats, starting with Carter, for making "human intelligence" non-existant.

Where are they?  How about buried in the desert or in Syria.  I guess if someone is stabbed to death and the knife is never found, there was no murder, huh!

If you don't believe they were there, it's only because you don't want to use your brain for anything other than what the dumocrats tell you.

The only truth you posted in this thread is "I am an idiot", referring to yourself of course.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I support the war.

Im just saying the lies and faulty intel.

You are the liar.  You do not "support the war".  You leftists always say that, but it is a lie.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:44:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I support the war.

Im just saying the lies and faulty intel.

you support the war yet you say that we started the war because of lies?  you sir have smoked yourself stupid
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Im just critizing the intelligence agency.  I would rather critize them.  I dont see the validity in leveling a portion of a pakistani town on intelligence that wasnt verified.

Im bringing up a point.

None of you can show me any WMD's were found.   It is very easy for American PSY OPS to say they found some WMD's on TV and say they came from IRAQ.  I havent actually seen that,  I have seen some obscure articles mentioning that some limited chemical weapons were found.

I have seen no proof that WMD's were found.

There was no atomic bombs.  There was no stockpiles of biological agents.  There was no stockpile of chemical weapons found.

I am not a democrat either.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#16]
have you even looked?  we had a couple EOD techs go to the hospital with mustard gas burns on them, the polish army found a bunch of wmd shells that were filled, and there is plenty of evidence to suggest that the vast majority of the original stockpile was moved to syria.

and you dont have to be a registered democrat to be a moron.  and with as left wing as the media is, do you HONESTLY think that psy ops is running the show?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I do support the war.  I read the Koran.  I think it is a disgusting religion.  I support the war on the sole fact they are islamic.  I support the war because Iraq had invaded Kuwait.  I support the war because their country was a cesspit of stink.

I dont support the war on the propaganda that they had stockpiled of WMD's.  I go with what I know,  the facts.  I wasnt shown any proof that we had any intelligence that Iraq had WMD's.  And to this day,  I still havent.

And im critizing the intelligence agencies to hopefully try and make them operate with dignity.  I dont need to be fed lies,  if you have cards that Iraq has WMD.  SHOW EM.  Else dont try and tell me there were.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:01:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

and you dont have to be a registered democrat to be a moron.  and with as left wing as the media is, do you HONESTLY think that psy ops is running the show?

That is why they are called PSY OPS.  They dont operate in the obvious.

It is you sir,  that is stuck on stupid.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#20]
your troll fu is quite weak
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:17:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I can make WMD's too with my chemistry set.  Doesnt mean I am operating a chemwarfare operation.

And chemical and biologial weapons are only WMD's when they are mass produced.

And they were attacked by another nation.  If they had biological and chemical weapons on any large scale,  they would of used them.  Their cities were being bombed.

But forget Iraq (we have enough reasons for being there,  we dont need to debate it),  what about Pakistan?

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:18:49 PM EDT
[#23]
CIA Correct Intelligence = $4.3 million Federal Spending

Entire Congressional Support for war = $6.7 million in bribes to the Dem/Libtards

Iraq War = $80 billion Federal Budget

Knowing that you went in, kicked Saddams $%#, killed all his relatives, own the country, have preserved US foreign oil interests, and got re-elected despite the failure to find all the WMDs the CIA claimed were there because of an over politicized and media humped millitary action that tipped Saddam early enough to hide them in other allied countries = Priceless

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Im just critizing the intelligence agency.  I would rather critize them.  I dont see the validity in leveling a portion of a pakistani town on intelligence that wasnt verified.

Im bringing up a point.  No, you are regurgitating the same old bullshit.  You have NO point

None of you can show me any WMD's were found.   It is very easy for American PSY OPS to say they found some WMD's on TV and say they came from IRAQ.  I havent actually seen that,  I have seen some obscure articles mentioning that some limited chemical weapons were found.
You don't listen do you.  They are buried or in Syria.  You just admitted (in red) that you would not believe it even if they proved it.  I guess you are one of those "we didn't go to the moon morons as well.  Tell your dumocrat handlers that they are doing a good job with you  

I have seen no proof that WMD's were found.  Only because your dumocrat handlers have told you there are no WMDs

There was no atomic bombs.  There was no stockpiles of biological agents.  There was no stockpile of chemical weapons found. Again, only because your dumocrat handlers told you this.

I am not a democrat either. Yeah, right, you just happen to repeat all their illegitimate "talking points"

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Clearly you know nothing of what you speak and you are here with an agenda.

You need to do some research before making accusations without sufficient background.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I do support the war.  I read the Koran.  I think it is a disgusting religion.  I support the war on the sole fact they are islamic.  I support the war because Iraq had invaded Kuwait.  I support the war because their country was a cesspit of stink.

I dont support the war on the propaganda that they had stockpiled of WMD's.  I go with what I know,  the facts.  I wasnt shown any proof that we had any intelligence that Iraq had WMD's.  And to this day,  I still havent.

And im critizing the intelligence agencies to hopefully try and make them operate with dignity.  I dont need to be fed lies,  if you have cards that Iraq has WMD.  SHOW EM.  Else dont try and tell me there were.

You just keep repeating the same bullshit.  You have no point.  You do not support the war.  You know damn well they were there and were moved after the invasion started.

You are fed lies by your dumocrat handlers.  Don't try to tell you something that your dumocrat handlers say is not true.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I can make WMD's too with my chemistry set.  Doesnt mean I am operating a chemwarfare operation.

And they were attacked by another nation.  If they had biological and chemical weapons on any large scale,  they would of used them.  Their cities were being bombed.

But forget Iraq (we have enough reasons for being there,  we dont need to debate it),  what about Pakistan?

Just keep repeating the same old bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Do you not know about the reports that said, we contacted the Iraqi military leadership prior to hostilities and warned then against using WMD's against our troops.

Do you have any problem believing that we threatened a 1000x response?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Bush "You are either with us,  or with them".  "we will go after anyone who supports the terrorists".

If so,  we need to tell our leaders to STFU if they arent going to have integrity in their words.

And if we had intel that WMD's were shipped to Syria,  why didnt we follow?

The "Islamic Army of Iraq" is on the terrorist organization list.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Thank the leftists and the Church Committee for the state of the CIA. It's gonna take then a long time to get back to the days of Wild Bill Donovan and Allen Dulles.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#31]
out of

The troll force is weak with this one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
And if we had intel that WMD's were shipped to Syria,  why didnt we follow?

because your shitbag democrat leaders wouldnt allow it!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
out of

The troll force is weak with this one.

he keeps coming back!!!
can ye smell it?
how is your lawsuit against the ATF going?
Mods?
When can we ban this guy again?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted: I think the curriculum at our intelligence schools needs to teach people more thorough practices in verifying intelligence.   And I think we need better practices in collecting intelligence.
Nah, what the CIA needs is LAY-OFFS! They've got a lot of useless employees. More spies and drop the quotas.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#35]
free troll bump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top