Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 7:29:30 PM EDT
Guitar players and music lovers!  I know there's a few of both around here.  Video of J. Satriani, S. Vai, and J. Petrucci going totally nuts on J. Hendrix's, "Foxy Lady".  

Guitar guys, I think you're gonna like this.  Music lovers, this might be a complete travesty, I dunno.  The singing is terrible.  Satriani had that chore.  The guitar work is...........................I'll never play at their level..........

Behold!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD2Z68yq8A4&search=g3
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:34:45 PM EDT
[#1]

That's awesome.  

I'd sure like to think I'd play like that one day.  But that would be somewhat delusional on my part...

Jim
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw Vai at the Birchmere here in VA.

His playing was mindnumbing....
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#3]
That was pretty bad ass!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate those guys. Whenever I see any one of them I feel so inadequate I can't even touch my guitar for days. I have been listening to Petrucci a lot lately, and damn, he's good.

But oh well, I figure if I could practice with my guitar for 10 hours every day, and keep it up for several years, I could be that good...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Drummer and bass player going .....damn...damn....damn......damn......awesome, and none of them playing a classical Strat. Outstanding!  Almost turned into a noodle fest but still pretty cool.

See if you can find any video of Monte Montgomery. Different delivery but cool just the same.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought they kinda took a fat dump on an easy song, the solos were good but the rest sucked ass IMO.
I've played guitar for about 13years now.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:28:35 PM EDT
[#7]
wanking being the key word...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#8]
tag for tomorrow
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Where's that video of the one handed bass player?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I knew that would turn into a shredfest in no time.

IMO, the award goes to Steve Vai. His playing was more "out of the box" than the other two.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:55:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I hate those guys. Whenever I see any one of them I feel so inadequate I can't even touch my guitar for days. I have been listening to Petrucci a lot lately, and damn, he's good.

But oh well, I figure if I could practice with my guitar for 10 hours every day, and keep it up for several years, I could be that good...

Shouldn't that make you want to play more?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#12]
All masters for sure...

Jimi played it better
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:20:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I couldn't even make it to the solos before I stopped it.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:34:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I haven't even watched it yet, personally I think these guys are a bit overrated...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:48:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Where's that video of the one handed bass player?

As you wish sir....

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=427254
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:51:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Simple amazing... I couldnt get a good look at the drummer... was that Mike portnoy? Who was the bass player?

You are right though, Satriani didnt do so hot on the vocals. Petrucci is a GREAT talent and Vai is mesmorizing as well... Very nice! thanks!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:37:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Simple amazing... I couldnt get a good look at the drummer... was that Mike portnoy? Who was the bass player?

You are right though, Satriani didnt do so hot on the vocals. Petrucci is a GREAT talent and Vai is mesmorizing as well... Very nice! thanks!!

Yeah, that was  Portnoy on the drums, and the bass player was Matt Bissonette.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:44:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Damn Vai owned improving.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, that was  Portnoy on the drums, and the bass player was Matt Bissonette.

That was Bisonette??? NO SHIT!! Well he knows Vai's skills from DLR days and Portnoy knows Petrucci so I see why it was so tight.

Wanna hear a funny one?  A friend of mine used to go into the guitar store in Long Island where Petrucci and Myung were working and bought Petrucci's Mesa guitar amp. They talked all the time and Petrucci was always telling my friend to come down to the club and check out his band ...

... My friend was only 19 at the time so he couldnt get into clubs. But yeah that was Dream Theater.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#20]
3 of the best out there. I might have to go pop Crossroads in now...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top