Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 2:10:01 PM EDT
I was looking at the bookstore this past weekend and saw on the cover the Valkyrior556 rotary gun.  Does anyone have any info on this.  I checked their site and there was nothing on it.  It was listed as 97% the fun of a mini gun and 10% of the price at $30,000.  

I would love to know more about this little toy!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was looking at the bookstore this past weekend and saw on the cover the Valkyrior556 rotary gun.  Does anyone have any info on this.  I checked their site and there was nothing on it.  It was listed as 97% the fun of a mini gun and 10% of the price at $30,000.  

Not to hijack this, but did you see the full page color ad that showed an H&K pistol... with a rusty extractor?? Weird! You're right about that rotary gun though...it is awesome!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#2]
They had a couple of them at the last Knob Creek shoot. That one, I believe, and the prototype.They were really nice pieces.
They are exploring doing them in other calibers, too, including .50 BMG.  
THAT I want to see.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to hijack this, but did you see the full page color ad that showed an H&K pistol... with a rusty extractor?? Weird! You're right about that rotary gun though...it is awesome!

No I did not, I am going back to grab it tonight.  How are they marketing it and how can the comon joe get one?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]
question for the night crew, anyone know?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]
saw one in person at the SAR show this december. It looked nice and was on sale for only 24k. Said they shoot about 400 rpm
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#6]
is it crank powered or does it run like the GE Mini?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
is it crank powered or does it run like the GE Mini?

I have a video I took of it that day, let me find it.  Felt like a jack hammer on the ground!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#8]
tag
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#9]

this is what Brian was shooting at

Video...

600 rounds of 308

Please save to hard drive
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#10]
So what is this gun exactly? Is it just a semiauto that is "electrically operated" (-as opposed to gas-operation like a normal semiauto rifle would be doing)?....
~
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#11]
A hand crank?  That's pretty cool.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So what is this gun exactly? Is it just a semiauto that is "electrically operated" (-as opposed to gas-operation like a normal semiauto rifle would be doing)?....

Oh, are these the folks who were spinning the barrels electrically, but using a crank to fire the gun?  I'd been hearing rumors about that for several years.  Nice idea, glad they got the BATF to admit it was ok.

From what I gathered by the rumors, they used the motor to do the heavy work of turning the barrels, but used the hand-powered crank to feed ammunition into the firing mechanism.  So it's still technically a manual operation to fire each round, but most of the effort is offloaded to the electric motor.

But I haven't seen the article, much less the actual gun.  I'd be interested in any details that MJRowley (or anyone else) knows.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I was looking at the bookstore this past weekend and saw on the cover the Valkyrior556 rotary gun.

This one?

That's the DeGroat Bros. minigun.

www.armamentsales.com/home.html
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:34:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link to all you would ever want to know about a Mini-Gun.

Yes that gun on the cover and in the pics is DeGroates gun.  I took the pics i posted on here the same time Jeff was taking his pics for the SAR.  You can even see Jeff in one or two of my pics.

Where are you guys getting this thing is a manually operated gun?  

Mini-Guns are electric machine guns.   No hand cranks here
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was looking at the bookstore this past weekend and saw on the cover the Valkyrior556 rotary gun.

This one?

www.smallarmsreview.com/images/V9N6Cover.jpg

That's the DeGroat Bros. minigun.

www.armamentsales.com/home.html

WOW! That's a cool website.  Lot's of videos there.

Thanks for posting that link.

Echap
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:23:22 PM EDT
[#16]
where can I get one?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:35:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Where are you guys getting this thing is a manually operated gun?  

Mini-Guns are electric machine guns.   No hand cranks here

Oh, bummer.  Sorry, my bad.  There were rumors going around a few years ago in WA that someone was building an electrically-cranked Gatling which used manual cranking to feed the ammunition in, and that the BATF had ruled it legal.  Supposedly going into production Real Soon Now (as of like five years ago).  I'm still waiting to see it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:25:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Oh, bummer.  Sorry, my bad.  There were rumors going around a few years ago in WA that someone was building an electrically-cranked Gatling which used manual cranking to feed the ammunition in, and that the BATF had ruled it legal.  Supposedly going into production Real Soon Now (as of like five years ago).  I'm still waiting to see it.

You weren't incorrect.

Valerie Johnson of Valkyrie Arms in Olympia, WA. has been working on a hand-cranked Gatling-style gun for some time. Reportedly to be available in .223, .308 and, .50 cal.

Here it is...

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:24:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
where can I get one?

get a class 2 license and build one, that is the only way i can think of.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:37:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
where can I get one?

I know a gentleman that might be coerced into parting with his transferable minigun for around $350,000.00  

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:43:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You weren't incorrect.

Valerie Johnson of Valkyrie Arms in Olympia, WA. has been working on a hand-cranked Gatling-style gun for some time. Reportedly to be available in .223, .308 and, .50 cal.

Here it is...

img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/osprey21/IMG_0991.jpg

Well, bugger.  Any idea what price she's planning on?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:47:14 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
where can I get one?

I know a gentleman that might be coerced into parting with his transferable minigun for around $350,000.00  

Is that fully transferable, or with a LEO letter?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:02:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Is that fully transferable, or with a LEO letter?

Fully transferable.  

There are about 12-15 in the registry, depending on who you talk to.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:20:32 AM EDT
[#24]
uploaded your vid here 4 u
media.putfile.com/mini-gun-footage
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top