Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/28/2006 3:51:53 AM EDT
Well its problably only a Wasr 10 but the fact that a student run newspaper is giving away a gun and is not being stopped is great.

Campus Newspaper Raffles AK-47
Editor hopes to raise awareness for Second Amendment

Alison Storm
News Channel 7
Wednesday, February 22, 2006

His goal in life? Run the White House. Andrew Davis' goal for the week? Raise money for the newspaper he edits. "I just did a large expose on parking services." It's a conservative paper on Clemson's campus, pages known as delicious, conservative brain-food. "We make no qualms about being very biased of the right wing," he says. To help pay for printing costs, 20-year-old Andrew organized a raffle for a rifle: an AK-47. "We're hoping with this event to show people the AK-47 is no more dangerous than a knife or a car," he says.

Stashed in the basement of Clemson's library among thousands of books, on page 138 is Andrew's motivation. "The Second Amendment is one of our least appreciated that we have and probably the one that is most attacked. We hope this event will raise awareness for the Second Amendment," says Andrew. Not everyone on campus is pleased with the paper's idea. Andrew says he's heard from a faculty member and a student who plan to protest.

But he has found support from campus leaders. "The reaction from the administration has not been one to shut these people down but to let students exercise these rights," says Andrew. And that's a lesson this student hopes to take all the way to the White House. Raffle tickets go on sale February 27th through March 2nd. Organizers plan to offer them on campus near the main library from 9am until 3pm for a $5 donation. For more information you can e-mail Andrew at [email protected]
www.wspa.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSPA/MGArticle/SPA_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1137834283126

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:54:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Andrew Davis, Tiger Town Observer editor and chief, looks at a promotion for the first ever "Second Amendment Celebration"gun giveaway.

The libtards are out in force in this article.
greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060228/NEWS01/602280340/1004/rss01
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:00:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell, where I go to college they'd have the local cops send their "Tactical Team" to expel (sp?) you from school if you tried to raffle off a rifle.

I definately went to the wrong school.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:05:48 AM EDT
[#3]
DAMN! How do I buy a ticket?!

The article lists his email address. I think it would be good of us to show him our suport.
Take that as you will. He is a rare breed, and we need more people like him.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:06:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow. That's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:06:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
DAMN! How do I buy a ticket?!

Read the last line of the posted article for contact information.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:15:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Typical Libtard mentality

"It's kind of scary," she said. "I mean, what if they got in the wrong person's hands [because anyone who wants a gun must have criminal intent]? I mean, what if someone won and didn't know how to use it [or must be an idiot]?"

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:24:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I love South Carolina.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:34:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Freaking awsome!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:38:10 AM EDT
[#9]
This is the same campus newspaper that someone posted a thread about here last week - they reprinted all the Denmark newspaper's Islam cartoons. GitSUM!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:39:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Lib groups are trying to sabotage this.

We should step up and help out here.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:48:46 AM EDT
[#11]
He's a good friend of mine.  Check the team forum for my thread about his paper and the Mohummad cartooons.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:58:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Big difference between missing an email in the article and posting a dupe thats ON THE FIRST FUCKING PAGE EAGLE EYES!

The difference? Youa re incapable of communicating WITHOUT curse words and acting like a jerk.

THAT is teh difference.

Yeah, but I spell my fucking curse words correctly. So fuck off with yer fucking shitty fucking spelling ya fuckin fuckity fuck.

what are you trying to say?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:04:15 AM EDT
[#13]

"I think there are other ways to celebrate the Second Amendment without auctioning off a rifle," she said.

Perhaps they think a cannned ham would better symbolize the Second Amendment.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:05:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Big difference between missing an email in the article and posting a dupe thats ON THE FIRST FUCKING PAGE EAGLE EYES!

The difference? Youa re incapable of communicating WITHOUT curse words and acting like a jerk.

THAT is teh difference.

Yeah, but I spell my fucking curse words correctly. So fuck off with yer fucking shitty fucking spelling ya fuckin fuckity fuck.

what are you trying to say?

I got so caught up in the moment...I forgot....
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:07:48 AM EDT
[#15]
You should see some of the emails he has been getting, liberal knee-jerk emotion at its finest.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:07:58 AM EDT
[#16]
What a bunch of tards.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:09:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You should see some of the emails he has been getting, liberal knee-jerk emotion at its finest.

I sent him an email of support. I encourage others to do the same.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:13:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Lib groups are trying to sabotage this.

We should step up and help out here.

+1

While I am against gambling, I am buying raffle tickets.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:14:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
He's a good friend of mine.  Check the team forum for my thread about his paper and the Mohummad cartooons.

I sent him an email offerring to help.

Please let him know I'm serious.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:17:43 AM EDT
[#20]
I sent him an email to see how I can send him some money.  Hell, I don't even need a raffle ticket, I just want to support this young man's newspaper.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:22:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Great idea.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:34:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Yup,we should get behind this. How do we go about doing that? anybody want to lead us? How about you jmarkma?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:42:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Notice in the Libtard response, there's only "indifference" and "alarm" on campus?  And they don't even quote the "indifferent" students.  Standard liberal tactics.  Circumvent the truth, because most sheeple won't check up on it anyhow.

What a bunch of liberal fuckers, they can't offer any real reason for this not to happen except they're scared and it's an evil black gun.  Brainwashed hippies.  If they'd only take the time to look at all the facts and statistics... I'm beating the horse to death here.

I emailed Andrew my support.  Is he an ARFcom guy?  He needs to join.  What a standup guy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:47:26 AM EDT
[#24]
See if you can get him to publish here or at least make available some of the libtard emails he's been getting. It could be hilarious.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:58:45 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm trying to decide if I should send an email to the University president in regards to his professors using their position of authority to try and block this raffle.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:18:55 AM EDT
[#26]
I got an email back from Andrew already.  He is going to put his business director in contact with me about sending some money for the cause.  I will keep you guys posted.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:24:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I got an email back from Andrew already.  He is going to put his business director in contact with me about sending some money for the cause.  I will keep you guys posted.

Please do so.

I don't care about the raffle, I just want to send a check to help fund his paper.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:33:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Yup,we should get behind this. How do we go about doing that? anybody want to lead us? How about you jmarkma?

I know about as much as you guys do. It has been a couple of years since I attended Clemson so I really don't have any contacts there anymore. I will enquire about getting tickets if I get a chance, busy day for me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:38:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please do so.

I don't care about the raffle, I just want to send a check to help fund his paper.

Very quick responses from these guys!

G-man if I win your gonna have to go pick it up for me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:39:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Good to hear. When a popular mainstream college like Clemson supports the 2nd Amendment it sort of restores your faith in America!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:42:16 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know about as much as you guys do. It has been a couple of years since I attended Clemson so I really don't have any contacts there anymore. I will enquire about getting tickets if I get a chance, busy day for me.

Per the editor, the only place they are selling the tickets is on campus.

I'm just gonna send $50 - I don't much care for AK's anyway.  

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:42:46 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please do so.

Very quick responses from these guys!

G-man if I win your gonna have to go pick it up for me.

You got it, man.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:43:51 AM EDT
[#33]
If I won it, I'd donate it right back to the newspaper.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:48:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Wish I had more free time, I would start a collection and go to Clemson and buy tickets for everyone! Work sucks!

I know this has problably already been done but I sent an email supporting Andrew and welcomed him to join this discussion.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:54:44 AM EDT
[#35]
As much as I dislike Clemson, I have to give him and the University an attaboy for supporting it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:56:56 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Post them!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:13:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Bump
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Does he want a membership here? I'm buying

Plus I'm sure his posts would be great reading
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:34:59 AM EDT
[#40]
thats sweet I cant believe more schools here in Tx dont think of that..maybe now the trend shall continue....second amendment days would be sweet too
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Hey guys,

For some of you who said you've contacted us already, I'll just let you know I am the business director for this newspaper and things have gotten pretty bad. We cant tell you how much we appreciate all the support we've gotten from people like you all over the country, we have hundreds of emails supporting everything we're doing, but its still not enough to stop the liberals on campus from literally destroying this event.

Under SC raffle laws, if someone demands a ticket and doesnt wish to donate, we must give them one. Now thats all fine and good, we've had quite a few people enter 20+ times that way but we're still in the fair playing field considering all the other legitimate folks who've gotten 3-4 tickets and donated. They're trying to stack the odds in their favor so they can "melt it down" and we're powerless to stop them. But thats not the big deal.

The big deal was when a student came by today and took about 5 of our sign-up sheets and just proceeded to fill out 200+ slots for tickets. When we got fed-up we shut it down before he could demand the tickets explicitly but we dont know what to do. If we open it back up, he'll enter and so will all his friends and it will totally ruin the chances for all other folks to win legitimately. It's a big problem and we're really up a creek right now. If anybody is a law enforcement officer, judge, or lawyer (or you know any ) who might be familiar with laws pertaining to us, any information would be more than welcome. You can reach me direct via AIM at: Alcibiades223 if you have any other questions, concerns, or want to find out how to donate to the paper (if not the raffle itself).

We want to keep doing this and do it legitimately, but we really dont want these people to use the law in egregiously abusive ways to get what they want with no consideration for other people. How typical.

Anyway, any and all information would be appreciated. Feel free to forward this request along to anyone. We're a group of VERY determined individuals and we will do what we can to make this work out the right way.

Thanks

edited to reflect the wishes of our editor who believes its the fault of no individual and that singling anyone out at this point is counter-productive.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#42]
BTT
More people need to read this.  He's asking for our help.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
BTT
More people need to read this.  He's asking for our help.

This one is REAL easy....

1. Set up Paypal acct

2. Watch the  $$$$ roll in from an Arfcom  / other gun boards fire mission to fund his newspaper
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#44]
waht a great idea.  if i so much as mention i am a gun owner around here i get treated like a mass murderer.

good on this guy!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Power to them!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#46]
I am still waiting on a Paypal address to send money to.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Simple answer.
Rig the drawing.

Can you do a limit 1 per entree type of deal? I would think its illegal to demand multiple tickets and skew the drawing by filling out 200 fentrees!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:54:17 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I am still waiting on a Paypal address to send money to.

Just remember if you do Paypal, they are anti gun. NO GUN REFERENCES!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:59:18 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Typical Libtard mentality

"It's kind of scary," she said. "I mean, what if they got in the wrong person's hands? I mean, what if someone won and didn't know how to use it?

This part sounds like most people and automobiles.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:00:17 AM EDT
[#50]
tag
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top