Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 9:50:31 AM EDT

My new toy went to the range yesterday.

Started out with some winchester white box. Went through 200 rounds of that, no problems. Next up mixed boxes of Magtech shit ammo and UMC yellow box.  Finished off with 50 rounds of Speer Gold Dots (Old carry ammo that was time to be replaced) .The gun ate everything I put through it, 400 rounds of crap to caviar. No jams, FTF, FTES. Nothing. Functioned flawlessly.

Shootability: (for lack of a better term)
As with any plastic wunderpistol, the trigger is NOT a 1911 trigger (I'm used to Kimber custom triggers) That said it isn't bad...very consisent break and quite crisp. Much better than my USP in .45  I did have a little trouble with double taps/rapid repeated fire because I wasn't used to letting the trigger reset all the way. My problem, not the gun, but one I'll have to practice to get used to.

My gun is the 4". A friend has the 5" and that gun felt a bit muzzle-heavy to me, the 4" balances just right in my hands, especially when full loaded. That's probably a difference of perception. The fully loaded gun (14 rounds of ACP fun!) is, as one might expect, NOT light, but I think the heft lends to it's easy-to handle characteristics when shooting it. As with any doulbe-stack .45, carrying this thing would be like having an engine block strapped to your ass. It is not going to replace my custom CDP in that role anytime soon.

I was very pleased at the way the XD handles recoil...very smooth and with hardly any muzzle flip. Easy to control and get back on target.  This gun is extremely fun...it's deinitely a shooter. A Houge slipover grip added much more contol and comfort.

The controls are simple and well designed, and easy to manipulate...I love the grip safety and trigger bar combination, and the pistol is more comfortable TO ME, than a Glock or my  USP (I said to me, before any of you get your panties in a bunch...not a slam on either make) BUT it is the equal of either of the two, no doubt about it.

I wasn't really shooting for accuracy, as this was more of a functionality session, but I was able to keep all rounds center of mass at 25 yards. Groups were anywhere from 3-4" to 6-8" depending on ammo and morso on the shooter.

All in all I am very pleased with this gun. If it performs and holds up over time, it looks like Springfield has produced another winner.

Next up, a nice tactical light for the front and this gun becomes my house gun.

As always, YMMV.

SG
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Are they actually made in the US now or are they still made in Croatia(sp?)
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Are they actually made in the US now or are they still made in Croatia(sp?)

still made in Croatia as marked on mine,Fine Pistola I might add it's Very Worthy but I might be biased
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:33:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
All in all I am very pleased with this gun. If it performs and holds up over time, it looks like Springfield has produced another winner.

+1, sure like mine

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:37:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Does anyone know if holsters for the XD 40 will fit the XD 45?

from what I understand...yes.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#8]
i placed an xd45 in my xd9's iwb concealment holster, it fits just fine

HBELeatherworks
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Does anyone know if holsters for the XD 40 will fit the XD 45?

I have a Bianchi holster for my XD40T and my XD45S will fit in it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Too bad they cost so much.  Springfield is cleaning up importing those babies.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The price is reasonable.

The reason the HS2k's cost so little is that the former importer didn't have an advertising budget to speak of, so they tried to attract attention by cutting the price to the bone. HS's initially sold for about what an XD9 goes for today.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:22:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The price is reasonable.

The reason the HS2k's cost so little is that the former importer didn't have an advertising budget to speak of, so they tried to attract attention by cutting the price to the bone. HS's initially sold for about what an XD9 goes for today.

i never saw an hs2000 for more than 275.00 anywhere. my ffl was making money off of them at that price. that said it's easily in the same class as a glock. SA IS making a killing off of them, no doubt.

IMO, it's a better shooter than a GLock or my USP.

No doubt that SA is making some coin, but it's a great pistola.

SG
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The price is reasonable.

i never saw an hs2000 for more than 275.00 anywhere. my ffl was making money off of them at that price. that said it's easily in the same class as a glock. SA IS making a killing off of them, no doubt.

When I first bought one the dealer had two choices for me: I could buy one that was on consignment for $400+, or he could order a new one for $269.

The guy that was selling it on consignment had bought one when they first started to be imported. Then the prices were near where the xd9's are. That was the initial agreed upon price between intrac / HS arms and the croatians. They couldn't get an unknown pistol them to sell at that price, and HS didn't have enough of an advertising budget, so they cut the prices down below $300. They had approximately 12,000 pistols to sell under their first agreement. Those 12,000 - most of them under $300 - created the buzz for the HS2K.

The deal was supposedly that on the next batch, HS arms would have to put them back up around the XD price, but the croatians didn't think they could do it - so they went with springfield instead.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:36:19 AM EDT
[#16]
i like my XD's alot

But i can't shoot 200 rounds through them at one time............ accurately  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top