Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/8/2006 8:00:40 AM EDT
In the past few weeks, this has been epidemic on ar15.com
We fancy ourselves intelligent people - why else would we be conservatives?
I see people saying Muslim when they mean Arab and Arab when they mean Muslim.
The two are not, I repeat, not, interchangeable.

Arab = a member of the Arab race
Muslim = A follower of the Islamic religion

Note that one is a race, and one is a religion.
Membership of one does not necessarily denote membership in the other.
There are Arab Christians, Arab Jews, and Arab Atheists.
There are Persian (Iranian) Muslims, African Muslims, and Asian Muslims.
In fact, most Muslims are not even Arabs.
Below are the 10 countries with the largest Muslim populations.
The countries highlighted in blue are non-Arab countries.

Rank Country Muslim Population
1 Indonesia 182,570,000
2 Pakistan 134,480,000
3 India 121,000,000
4 Bangladesh 114,080,000
5 Turkey 65,510,000
6 Iran 62,430,000

7 Egypt 58,630,000
8 Nigeria 53,000,000
9 Algeria 30,530,000
10 Morocco 28,780,000

See the point?

Most Arabs in this country are not Muslims.
They are Christians or Druze, who are here fleeing Muslim persecution.

The above is a chart showing the religious practices of Arabs in America.
As you can see, 76% of Arabs in America are not Muslims.
Of that 76%, 63% are Christians.

Also a note: the Nation of Islam is not accepted by Muslims as a legit sect.
They preach hatred based on race (The White man is the devil) and have only been around for 50 years or so.
So, they aren't Muslims.

In summary - when you talk about Muslim terrorists, say "Muslim" not "Arab"
They may be Arabs, but they are not motivated to commit acts of terror by virtue of being Arab.
Saying "Arab" when you mean "Muslim" makes you look like a dumbass.
It's akin to saying "clip" when you mean "mag" or "bullet" when you mean "round"
That is all.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#1]
You terrorist lover!  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:08:53 AM EDT
[#2]
The amount that I care is reflected in the graph below:

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:13:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Why worry about petty semantics?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#4]
All Arabs are not muslims.  There are some Arabs that do not follow the Muslim religion. What doc308 said is true. I'm confirming that.

I just wish all the stereotyping would end.
Just because a group of people have committed wrong against another group, it's not cause for damning an entire race.

There is a good amount of Arab individuals that are good people.  I know one Palestinian kid that is on my academic bowl team.  He's probably the nicest Arabian person you would ever want to meet. He is Muslim, and follows the religion(observes the holiday of Ramadan and does not eat pork products.)

Edit- surprisingly according to the pie chart there are more Catholic Arabs than those that follow the Islamic faith.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:17:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
<snip>

Edit- surprisingly according to the pie chart there are more Catholic Arabs than those that follow the Islamic faith.

That is just in the US.
Glad you understood the thrust of my post.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All Arabs are not muslims.  There are some Arabs that do not follow the Muslim religion. What doc308 said is true. I'm confirming that.

I just wish all the stereotyping would end.
Just because a group of people have committed wrong against another group, it's not cause for damning an entire race.

There is a good amount of Arab individuals that are good people.  I know one Palestinian kid that is on my academic bowl team.  He's probably the nicest Arabian person you would ever want to meet. He is Muslim, and follows the religion(observes the holiday of Ramadan and does not eat pork products.)

That is just in the US.

I would imagine yes that the statistics would be different elsewhere.  However it's still surprising that there are more Catholic Arabs than Muslims.

I do. It bothers me immensly when I  hear of all this hatred towards the Arab race and the Muslim religion.  Or when, for example, my dad will get angry at an Arab person for cutting him off while driving or when someone walks across a crosswalk and he'll state that the person is walking too slow for his walking and that those people should "go back to (ethnic slur that if I say here I'll very likely get in to hot water) land."

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:20:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

That is just in the US.

True. Largely because they are driven from their homes in the ME by ROPers. Nobody hates moslems more than Chaldeans, Assyrians, Syriacs, etcetera.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:24:37 AM EDT
[#8]
You meet some Palestinian (Arab) Christians, and you'll really see how much someone can hate Hamas and Hezbollah.  Talk to any of the Lebanese Christians; Lebanon was practically paradise until the Islamic extremists wrecked it.  There are plenty of people coming out of the middle East who are on our side.  In their countries they are persecuted, hunted, tortured, raped and killed.  But they're good people.  These people are the best hope the middle East has, and unfortunately they seem to be vastly outnumbered.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

True. Largely because they are driven from their homes in the ME by ROPers. Nobody hates moslems more than Chaldeans, Assyrians, Syriacs, etcetera.

If you were being persecuted you'd want to leave and come over here or to Britain or Australia or other countries that Arab individuals immigrate to.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:25:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I friend of mine who is a Turkish Muslim pointed out to me that typically the Arab Muslims look down on the rest of the Muslims as not being 'pure'.  Kind of the same way that people who convert to Judaism are not taken entirely seriously by some Orthodox Jewish sects.

Great, informative post, by the way.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#11]

If you were being persecuted you'd want to leave and come over here or to Britain or Australia or France or Germany or Canada or other countries that Arab individuals immigrate to, and turn them into the shitholes that you migrated from

Fix'd
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:29:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
As you can see, 76% of Arabs in America are not Muslims.
Of that 76%, 63% are Christians.

Yep. I bought a car from a Coptic Christian that escaped Iraq when Sadaam was in charge.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:37:23 AM EDT
[#13]
What, nobody had chimed in to accuse you of being a terrorist-loving leftist pinko lib yet?

Hmmm... Maybe we need to give it more time.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You meet some Palestinian (Arab) Christians, and you'll really see how much someone can hate Hamas and Hezbollah.  Talk to any of the Lebanese Christians; Lebanon was practically paradise until the Islamic extremists wrecked it.  There are plenty of people coming out of the middle East who are on our side.  In their countries they are persecuted, hunted, tortured, raped and killed.  But they're good people.  These people are the best hope the middle East has, and unfortunately they seem to be vastly outnumbered.  

My grandfather came from Lebanon, he is a Christian...and its true what happened to the country
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:44:26 AM EDT
[#15]
My sister and law is friends with a Syrian woman who was raised as a Moslem. This poor woman was horribly abused by her father and her husband. Fortunately for her she was able to escape to America. This woman is an Arab and now a Protestant; she want’s nothing to do with Islam.

So yea, there are a whole lot of Arabs that have been victimized by the Moslems.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I prefer HAJI.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:54:11 AM EDT
[#17]
My son's pediatric urologist (my son was born with a double hernia/hydroceles; pretty common ailment) was named Aliabadi; he was an Iraqi dissident (Arab) and one of the finest physicians I have ever met.  A good man, a tremendous surgeon, and a complete professional.  Should we send him back to his shithole country, too?  He's saving children's lives every day here.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#18]
My grandfather came from Iran after the war, when Russia turned him down (thank god). He was sponsored by a local Iranian muslim business man (my grandfather is Armenian, a christian sect) when he was coming to California. The muslim business man asked for nothing in return, only that he go to America and be successful so that he might be able to hire more of the locals one day. My grandfather did exactly that.

So I owe my liberty, in part, to the foresight and generosity of an Iranian Muslim, who happed to be a great man.

Good post. Hopefully people will start treating others as individuals.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:59:48 AM EDT
[#19]

Should we send him back to his shithole country, too? He's saving children's lives every day here.

That would depend.  If he wants America to change her laws to resemble the country from which he came then I would say yes.  If he is here to be an American then he should stay.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:01:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Wow, thanks for the info. like i did'nt know this already. But i don't really appreciate it coming from YOU! You are a CAIR apologist. When that cartoon Jihad thing started you were saying "oh geez this is so offensive" Like somehow you're explaining to us dumb Dhimmi why Riots and killing over a cartoon are justified. Every time there is a Thread about Islam you got to butt in and play the Contrarian, "Blame America first", Noam Chosky, Role!!!!! It pisses me off. People can be ignorant of who they hate but that does'nt mean they are;nt on the right track. So you point out, to some fool, that not all Arabs are Muslims to someone here to try and make them look like a bigot, WHHHOOOOOP DE DO! And a lot of the things you say seem to come right off the CAIR website! But dont worry you got a guradian angel looking after you on Arfcom. Notice how a lot of the people who make Anti-Muslim statements here are now Banned. But You and you Salafist friends are more than welcome to spout your apologies. There is one member here who openly admitted he was a Muslim and "Hated all Jews" right on a GD thread. Is he banned? No. Was his thread Edited or locked? No. I think Arfcom is becomg the new Wahziristan.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Wow, thanks for the info. like i did'nt know this already. But i don't really appreciate it coming from YOU! You are a terrorist apologist. When that cartoon Jihad thing started you were saying "oh geez this is so offensive" Like somehow you're explaining to us dumb Dhimmi why Riots and killing over a cartoon are justified. Every time there is a Thread about Islam you got to butt in and play the Contrarian, "Blame America first", Noam Chosky, Role!!!!! It pisses me off. People can be ignorant of who they hate but that does'nt mean they are;nt on the right track. So you point out, to some fool, that not all Arabs are Muslims to someone here to try and make them look like a bigot, WHHHOOOOOP DE DO! And a lot of the things you say seem to come right off the CAIR website! But dont worry you got a guradian angel looking after you on Arfcom. Notice how a lot of the people who make Anti-Muslim statements here are now Banned. But You and you Salafist friends are more than welcome to spout your apologies. There is one member here who openly admitted he was a Muslim and "Hated all Jews" right on a GD thread. Is he banned? No. Was his thread Edited or locked? No. I think Arfcom is becomg the new Wahziristan.

That didn't take long.
Riiight. Find me some evidence I have apologized for terrorism.
When I posted re: the cartoons, I said that violence was an unacceptable response.
Do I defend Muslims?
Yes.
Do I defend Muslim terrorists.
No.

It is an important distinction.
What if we have a domestic infatada?
What if we do, as so many here seem to dream of, have to fight Muslim terrorists in the streets?
Should a Coptic Christian be killed, because he "looks like" what people percieve a Muslim should look like?
Rebelgrey, our own homegrown traitor, was a Muslim convert.
From what I understand, he was white as could be.
Trying to make them look like a bigot because I explained the difference?
Dear friend, if you talk about "them damn A-rabs" people will think you are a bigot, because you appear to hate on a race, not on an ideology.

Sorry you don't like me much. It's ok though.
Got some extremist Muslims at my university who don't like me too much either.
I'm no CAIR apologist. I've made my opinion about them well-known in many threads.
They are radical Islam's version of Sin Fein.
I have no gaurdian angel looking after me on this site.
I post within the COC, so I don't have to worry about my account being locked.
People who say shit like "kill all the ragheads" or "wipe them all out, women and children" are violating the COC.
Do I think their accounts should be locked?
Nope - whats the fun in stifling dissent?
Doing that only fans the flames.
Of course, you seem to want people to be banned for holding a differing opinon than you.

You are right. I do post in the threads about Islam.
But so do you. You, I, pzrjgr, and Long-rifle-tactical are all regular posters in those threads.
While LRT and pzrjgr have something intelligent to contribute, you do not.
You don't understand this war, at all.
You can't disagree in a respectful manner.
Am I anti-american?
Fuck no. I love my country.
I notice how I don't see you bitching about me always showing up in any JBT thread, or any Waco thread, to attack the police state we seem to be sliding towards.
Me? Noam Chomsky? Hardly. I've never read any of his shit, I don't need to.
I read the Commie Manifesto once, I don't need to read the redeux.
You're pissed off? Good. That is my goal in life.

You are just a hitchhiker on the highway of ideologies.
You are easily swayed by any speaker.
You would be equally at home as a Muslim terrorist, a Nazi, or a Communist.
You think only with emotion, and you are unable to see what this thread was for.
Did I post anything in support of Islam?
This part?

Gee, I sure sound like a real apologist for Islam there.
No, this thread was an attempt to correct an error in terminoligy.
Like I said in my orginal post

They may be Arabs, but they are not motivated to commit acts of terror by virtue of being Arab.
It's akin to saying "clip" when you mean "mag" or "bullet" when you mean "round"
That is all.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:31:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
My son's pediatric urologist (my son was born with a double hernia/hydroceles; pretty common ailment) was named Aliabadi; he was an Iraqi dissident (Arab) and one of the finest physicians I have ever met.  A good man, a tremendous surgeon, and a complete professional.  Should we send him back to his shithole country, too?  He's saving children's lives every day here.  

My boss is Persian.  He grew up in Iran and stayed during the revolution but didn't participate.  When his daughter was born, he decided he'd had enough with that type of enviroment and moved to Germeny; he later moved to the US.

He's quite possibly the nicest man I know, but it kills me to see how some people treat him; he gets lumped into that stereotype more than I care to see.  He doesn't even believe in ROP; to quote him - "How can it be the religion of peace when you kill people for it?  How is that peaceful?"

The point of all this is....I hate assumptions.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My boss is Persian.  He grew up in Iran and stayed during the revolution but didn't participate.  When his daughter was born, he decided he'd had enough with that type of enviroment and moved to Germeny; he later moved to the US.

He's quite possibly the nicest man I know, but it kills me to see how some people treat him; he gets lumped into that stereotype more than I care to see.  He doesn't even believe in ROP; to quote him - "How can it be the religion of peace when you kill people for it?  How is that peaceful?"

The point of all this is....I hate assumptions.

good post
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:14:24 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

They preach hatred based on race (The White man is the devil) and have only been around for 50 years or so.
So, they aren't Muslims.

Somebody needs to tell Farrakhan that.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, they aren't Muslims.

Somebody needs to tell Farrakhan that.

I sent him a letter about that last year.
He did not respond.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just wish all the stereotyping would end.[/b] Just because a group of people have committed wrong against another group, it's not cause for damning an entire race.

Edit- surprisingly according to the pie
chart there are more Catholic Arabs than those that follow the Islamic faith.

I just wish muslims would stop trying to kill Americans or say something other than, "We must be on guard for anti-muslim backlash." when said murders occur.

You don't understand the irony of painting all muslims with the same brush? Individuals within the larger group of "muslims" are killing Americans. Pretending all muslims are savage crazy people is like pretending all christians are child raping pedophiles.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow, thanks for the info. like i did'nt know this already. But i don't really appreciate it coming from YOU! You are a terrorist apologist. When that cartoon Jihad thing started you were saying "oh geez this is so offensive" Like somehow you're explaining to us dumb Dhimmi why Riots and killing over a cartoon are justified. Every time there is a Thread about Islam you got to butt in and play the Contrarian, "Blame America first", Noam Chosky, Role!!!!! It pisses me off. People can be ignorant of who they hate but that does'nt mean they are;nt on the right track. So you point out, to some fool, that not all Arabs are Muslims to someone here to try and make them look like a bigot, WHHHOOOOOP DE DO! And a lot of the things you say seem to come right off the CAIR website! But dont worry you got a guradian angel looking after you on Arfcom. Notice how a lot of the people who make Anti-Muslim statements here are now Banned. But You and you Salafist friends are more than welcome to spout your apologies. There is one member here who openly admitted he was a Muslim and "Hated all Jews" right on a GD thread. Is he banned? No. Was his thread Edited or locked? No. I think Arfcom is becomg the new Wahziristan.

That didn't take long.
Riiight. Find me some evidence I have apologized for terrorism.
When I posted re: the cartoons, I said that violence was an unacceptable response.
Do I defend Muslims?
Yes.
Do I defend Muslim terrorists.
No.

What if we do, as so many here seem to dream of, have to fight Muslim terrorists in the streets?
Should a Coptic Christian be killed, because he "looks like" what people percieve a Muslim should look like?
Dear friend, if you talk about "them damn A-rabs" people will think you are a bigot, because you appear to hate on a race, not on an ideology.

Sorry you don't like me much. It's ok though.
Got some extremist Muslims at my university who don't like me too much either.
I'm no CAIR apologist. I've made my opinion about them well-known in many threads.
They are radical Islam's version of Sin Fein.
I have no gaurdian angel looking after me on this site.
I post within the COC, so I don't have to worry about my account being locked.
People who say shit like "kill all the ragheads" or "wipe them all out, women and children" are violating the COC.
Do I think their accounts should be locked?
Nope - whats the fun in stifling dissent?
Doing that only fans the flames.
Of course, you seem to want people to be banned for holding a differing opinon than you.

But so do you. You, I, pzrjgr, and Long-rifle-tactical are all regular posters in those threads.
Am I anti-american?
I notice how I don't see you bitching about me always showing up in any JBT thread, or any Waco thread, to attack the police state we seem to be sliding towards.
Me? Noam Chomsky? Hardly. I've never read any of his shit, I don't need to.
I read the Commie Manifesto once, I don't need to read the redeux.
You're pissed off? Good. That is my goal in life.

You think only with emotion, and you are unable to see what this thread was for.
Did I post anything in support of Islam?
This part?

Gee, I sure sound like a real apologist for Islam there.
No, this thread was an attempt to correct an error in terminoligy.
Like I said in my orginal post

That is all.

Yeah uh OK, Three minutes after i posted I changed it to CAIR not terrorist. That was my mistake Calling you an apologist for terrorism was a mistake.

Dear friend, if you talk about "them damn A-rabs" people will think you are a bigot, because you appear to hate on a race, not on an ideology

You seem to be so concerned about this whole "accidental" death thing, why is that?
When shit happens, shit happens. Does it suck when a Sikh gets killed because some dick head cant tell the difference? Yes. But SO what? That has nothing to do with what i consider to be a world wide Jihad movement. I dare you to find any post of mine where i said "Arabs" are so-and-so. I never say that. I only use the word Muslim. I have no problems with "arabs" per se, unless they hate me for being an infidel.

Am I anti-american?

Oh spare me, You always and I mean ALWAYS take the contrarian side on any of these posts. Always bitchin about poor palistinians, or we insulted their culture, or this or that. And guess what? Most Radical leftists like Noam Chomsky Claim they belive in America too that does'nt mean theat what they say is good or right for this country.
Thats why i compaered you to him cause basically anytime something happens where even if 99% of America wants to do something he'll come out and say the opposite or call us hypocrytes. He was against invading Afghanistan even after 9-11. WHy? Well then he'd whine about how we killed off the Indians so we have no moral highground. If He lived during pearl harbor he'd say "well we forced the Japanese to attack us with our embargo and imperialism". Most of the Radical leftists and Islamic apologists seem to have the same attitude.

How do you know what speakers "sway" me? you dont know anything about what i belive or Why. I dont think with "emotion" you do! you whine about baby seals and the poor oppressed Muslims, And you refuse to even Acknowledge that there is a world wide "movement" of Jihad against basically everyone else. Is it all Al-queda? no. It is now a cultural movement that people need to be made aware of and all you care about is semantics and people mistaking Arabs for Muslims. THERE ARE BIGGER ISSUES HERE. Anyone who knows anything about the History of Islam in relation to the rest of the world can see the danger but you refuse to even admit it exsists. To me that is dangerous.

Of course, you seem to want people to be banned for holding a differing opinon than you
Nope not at all, but when i see Salafists come out of the woodwork say screwed up shit and get off scot free, but then some Noob bashes Islam in some way and gets the axe, yes i see that as Bias in favor of the Salafists. If it was up to me no one would get banned.

Then the icing on the cake, you say

Do I defend Muslims?
Yes.

Then you say

They are Christians or Druze, who are here fleeing Muslim persecution

So basically you defend people who Persecute others. Plain and simple. The Muslims have been oppressing Christians, Jews, Hindu, Zoastrians, Anamists etc etc. for 1400 years yet you self admitedly go out of your way to defend them. that's my propblem. Either that or you are a hypocryte, for saying one thing and then saying another just to win an arguement, Which is it?

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Well, I for one liked the initial post.

We should care about the distinction if we are to understand the problem we face, and work towards a solution.

I don't have anything to say about the rest of the thread to this point.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#30]
bump for the night crew.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Oh well.........
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Oh well.........

Is that all?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#34]
The Best Man for my wedding was an Arab, but sure as heck wasn't a Muslim. Of this, I'm quite sure.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh well.........

Is that all?

Ok, so this is your information for the U.S.   I really don't believe most people on here or in this nation have a problem with those that our within these borders.  

So what's your point?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh well.........

Is that all?

dirka dirka
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:16:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I’m all for calling them something accurate...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
You terrorist lover!  

GRRRRR!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh well.........

Is that all?

dirka dirka

I always knew you were a fun guy.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Pffft.... Good luck.

Your religion/culture/nationality flies planes into buildings in my country and you want me to be sympathetic to you? On top of everything, very few Muslims have come out and denounced the violence, said sorry for 9/11, or offered to help in any way shape or form.

Call me shallow, call me naive, call me prejudice. If you are here in my country with any plans to hurt our people, change our laws, or harm this country in any way I wish you death. In the mean time I will continue to look at certain people a certain way.

Open your eyes, you are the minority. Out of the hundreds of people I know maybe 10 give a rats ass about who's who. Most are still looking for revenge for 9/11 and anyone with brown skin will do. Maybe if all the good ones go back to their homeland and clean it up and make themselves (as a religion) respectable we can live with it, instead they flee to the US and make it someone elses problem and want us to feel bad and be PC about it all.

Oh, and IBTL and me getting banned.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Pffft.... Good luck.

Your religion/culture/nationality flies planes into buildings in my country and you want me to be sympathetic to you? On top of everything, very few Muslims have come out and denounced the violence, said sorry for 9/11, or offered to help in any way shape or form.

Call me shallow, call me naive, call me prejudice. If you are here in my country with any plans to hurt our people, change our laws, or harm this country in any way I wish you death. In the mean time I will continue to look at certain people a certain way.

Open your eyes, you are the minority. Out of the hundreds of people I know maybe 10 give a rats ass about who's who. Most are still looking for revenge for 9/11 and anyone with brown skin will do. Maybe if all the good ones go back to their homeland and clean it up and make themselves (as a religion) respectable we can live with it, instead they flee to the US and make it someone elses problem and want us to feel bad and be PC about it all.

That just about sums up the problem. No one chooses their race or origin, but those who make an effort for a good life must not be treated as terrorists. How can you punish a man for the actions of someone they have no control over or connection to?

Well, at least were not interning them yet, so we got that going for us, which is nice.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pffft.... Good luck.

That just about sums up the problem. No one chooses their race or origin, but those who make an effort for a good life must not be treated as terrorists. How can you punish a man for the actions of someone they have no control over or connection to?

Well, at least were not interning them yet, so we got that going for us, which is nice.

1) I have never punished anyone, I have little relations with the Muslims or Arabs.

2) I do view a lot of people as our enemy due to their religion, not race.

3) I believe that a few bad apples can and do ruin a bushel. I am sorry but if you as a religion do not want to be looked down upon, I suggest you clean up your ranks yourself. It should not be another countries/races/religions responsibility. If the majority of Muslims are good hearted people then they should rise up and rid the religion of the bad ones (radicals). Very little is being done by the good ones. They run to another country and make a good life and wash their hands of it. Well, that has repercussions. Racism.

4) The religion as a whole is trouble IMHO. Look t what has happened with the Danish cartoons. They (tens of thousands of them) flipped out and went on a rampage. That speaks volumes about your ROP.

5) How can you say "they have no connection" to the bad ones? They all practice the same religion? In this day and age where the enemy doesn't put on a uniform, you can expect the majority of people to eyeball anyone that even looks middle eastern. Sorry folks, that's the way it is.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#43]
when did arab become a 'race'????

I thought there were only three???
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:59:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Only fifteen minutes later I come across this story.

The Washington Post

"According to the poll, the proportion of Americans who believe that Islam helps to stoke violence against non-Muslims has more than doubled since the attacks, from 14 percent in January 2002 to 33 percent today.

The survey also found that one in three Americans have heard prejudiced comments about Muslims lately. In a separate question, slightly more (43 percent) reported having heard negative remarks about Arabs. One in four Americans admitted to harboring prejudice toward Muslims, the same proportion that expressed some personal bias against Arabs."

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=444359
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#45]
...and now I'm going muck up the whole thread....

Arab isn't really it's own race or people, it's just part of the caucasian genotype.

Europeans are desendents of those from the Middle-East.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pffft.... Good luck.

There is 3000ish folks in NYC that would like to know the answer to that one too...no wait.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#47]
My moms cousin married an arab muslim, never met him but she says he's the nicest guy ever.

And I know for a fact he treats his wife 10x better then most American men treat their wives.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#48]

2) I do view a lot of people as our enemy due to their religion, not race.

AMEN! Since when is Islam a race??? Even if you are born into it you have a choice to belive or leave. To not like Muslims is NOT racist. Nor is it prejudice, look closely at that word, it means to pre-judge without knowing something. I have never "hated Arabs", When i met my two closest friends They looked 100% arab, did i say "sorry i dont like Arabs" and not be their friends? No. It was only later that i found out they were "Arabic-Jews" (Yemeni) who had to flee their land due to Muslim persecution.   I know A lot about Islam. If you can Examine Communism and Nazism as an ideology and Declare it "wrong" morally why can't you do that with a religion? Becuase it would "offend" someone? I guess everytime i insult Hitler or Marx i should be more tolerant to thier "cultural differences" Commies got a right to belive what they belive right? Without critcism?

3) I believe that a few bad apples can and do ruin a bushel. I am sorry but if you as a religion do not want to be looked down upon, I suggest you clean up your ranks yourself. It should not be another countries/races/religions responsibility.

I do not belive that this is all about a "few" extremeists. There are too many "incidents" that have happened to say it is the problem of just a few. When 9-11 happened it was only 19 people involved (plus their other members) that is nothing, And at that time i could buy the idea that it is "just a few". But now look at what has happened since. Almost  every DAY somewhere in the world a bomb goes off and kill either "infidels" or "apostates". That is not the work of  a few. Then look at the Cartoon riots, Literally Millions took to the streets all around the globe to riot and wreak Havoc, is that a few? In france Whole cities were having thier cars torched, Just a few? In nigeria and Sudan and Chechnia and indonesia and Thailand, Thousands of "muslim Militias" go around massacring Christians and Jews and "pagans", Is that a few?    
                             As to the "radicals", If a mosque gets taken over by an extremeist "iman" Why don't they kick him out? Or just start a new less fundamentalist mosque? Muslims complain that there are to many Wahabbi Imans preaching in Mosques yet they seem to do nothing about it. Has anyone here heard of a "internal fight" at a mosque between Moderates and Radicals over the control of that mosque? I've heard of only a few, and i have to ask myself, why is there even a struggle? If the "radicals" are so outnumbered then it would'nt even make the papers, he would just be quietly replaced. Then they get WAAAAAAAYYY to defensive about being exposed about their Muslim ideas, Shedding light on these bad ideas would be a good thing in my view and would help "the good ones" reform themselves. A perfect example is, in Slovakia, Reporters went "undercover" to mosques and recorded what the general attitude of Muslims were towards women, terrorism, reform, Etc. When this became known, the so called "moderates" rather than say "see the problem we have, we need to reform" they united with the radicals in saying this was "spying" and "islamophobia" and trying to defend the really bad things most of the people in the mosque were caught saying on tape. To me the Muslims have a mind set that they must change first or they will never be able to reform themselves.              
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
...and now I'm going muck up the whole thread....

Arab isn't really it's own race or people, it's just part of the caucasian genotype.

Europeans are desendents of those from the Middle-East.

sort of....

Some believe that the 'European' tribes started in mesopotamia - YES- IRAQ!!!_ and then moved on from there...... the Middle East was not always arab or muslim. The bagdahd museum had a lot of European history in it before it was looted..... ever seen a 3000 year old battery????
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Doc, you and I don't see eye to eye much on this subject, but on this post, I agree 100%.

I always make it clear, I understand that its islam that is my enemy.....

And I always use muslim, because as you show, there are lots of different races that have muslims...

So never fear, you will never see me use the words interchangeably!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top