Is there something you want to tell us?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#2]
That whole 60 minutes was odd.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Arn't they anti-gun? So fuck them. By you watching you make there rateings go up.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

LOL, I watched it. seems gay is from birth.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I would have to draw down on 60 minutes after about 5 minutes.  Can't do that with plasmas.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Homos
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I watched a portion of it. It was fucked up. Especially the part where they were selecting how the rat would be the rest of its life.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

No, why?

Is was an interesting story because it supported multiple viewpoints.  Not something 60 Minutes is famous for.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#10]
From another thread.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#11]
That one chick is hot...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok... the kid (WTF... he looked like he was about 8 years old at most) wearing nail polish and saying he wished he was born a girl?

I didn't catch the whole show. Was there a father in the picture because I can't imagine any guy letting his kid grow up thinking that.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#13]
The problem that (US) gay activists have is that they want ADA-style legal protections, but they can't come to terms with admitting that being gay would then be classified as having a-
birth defect.

~
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:49:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Arn't they anti-gun? So fuck them. By you watching you make there rateings go up.

How do "they" know I was watching them?

<-------------Goes to window to look for white van parked across the street.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:51:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Only if you have a Nielsen box hooked up to your TV.

What is "gender non-conformity" anyway?

Is it when men grow their hair long and pretty, and women wear pants?  Because that shit has to stop right now!  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is "gender non-conformity" anyway?

Is it when men grow their hair long and pretty, and women wear pants?  Because that shit has to stop right now!  

I'd guess they would know from your cable box.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't believe that is how ratings are currently calculated.  It is still based on Nielsen viewers, and extrapolated to all viewers from there.

Given cable, Tivo, etc - there are probably better ways becoming available to measure viewership, but I'm pretty sure it's still calculated based on Nielsen boxes these days.  

I could be wrong, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't believe that is how ratings are currently calculated.  It is still based on Nielsen viewers, and extrapolated to all viewers from there.

Given cable, Tivo, etc - there are probably better ways becoming available to measure viewership, but I'm pretty sure it's still calculated based on Nielsen boxes these days.  

I always just assumed they were collecting that info.  like for the SOTU address when they know 42 million viewers watched ( I pulled that number from thin air) or is that just a poll estimate?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I always just assumed they were collecting that info.  like for the SOTU address when they know 42 million viewers watched ( I pulled that number from thin air) or is that just a poll estimate?

It seems to still be calculated based on Nielsen viewers:

entertainment.howstuffworks.com/question433.htm

www.nielsenmedia.com/
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It seems to still be calculated based on Nielsen viewers:

entertainment.howstuffworks.com/question433.htm

www.nielsenmedia.com/

cool, thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The problem that (US) gay activists have is that they want ADA-style legal protections, but they can't come to terms with admitting that being gay would then be classified as having a-
birth defect.

~

yep...like having blue eyes or blonde hair is a birth defect?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
birth defect.

~

More like a "not being able to have children" birth defect, but yeah, something like that.  Or being born a minority or woman, if you extend the analogy to the EEOA.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:28:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
birth defect.

~

More like a "not being able to have children" birth defect, but yeah, something like that.  Or being born a minority or woman, if you extend the analogy to the EEOA.

who says we can't have children?....far as I know my swimmers work fine.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted: Ok... the kid (WTF... he looked like he was about 8 years old at most) wearing nail polish and saying he wished he was born a girl?
His classmates need to beat some sense into him.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#25]
No Offense Stoner, your swimmers may work fine but they keep showing up at the wrong pool...

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
No Offense Stoner, your swimmers may work fine but they keep showing up at the wrong pool...

I walked right into that one.....
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Come on guys, They are totaly normal and acceptable.  Just like a pedophile who want's to put his dingaling in your 5 year old's butt.  Just accept it or be labled a homophobe!  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Come on guys, They are totaly normal and acceptable.  Just like a pedophile who want's to put his dingaling in your 5 year old's butt.  Just accept it or be labled a homophobe!  

Wrong....Grandman,JW777 and Ol Painless have never said that homosexuality is acceptable. And I have never called them a homophobe, but call me a pedophile to my face and I'll be calling you a dentist.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top