Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/7/2006 8:18:55 PM EDT
gun kid stole guns and is on the lose back to ill.

Here's what I was sent.
I hope they give this fucker life this time.

I'm not saying I told you so but I warned his wife a couple of years back this would happen.

John (Davis - the infamous GunKid) got off parole (January), stole all my money, and left on 2/28 with no warning or note or anything. He left about 10 am that morning and I didn't know he was gone until about 4 or 5 pm that evening when I discovered the money gone. I thought he had just stolen the refinance money we got to see us through the winter, but in fact, he stole my gold that I had been slowly building up over the years, so the cash was $20,000 and the gold was $10,000 and he stole all my weapons and ammo and left me totally defenseless and completely broke with no money to cushion myself or my companies.

Can you imagine, he took not only his guns which I wouldn't let him keep in the house because he was a felon, but also he took all of mine which I kept in my storage so it wouldn't be anywhere around us and he took 2000 rounds of 7.62 x .39 ammo for my SKS and now it seems real hard to find that ammo. A gun person leaving his wife totally defenseless? I would never have thought he would do that. He even stole the gun that my ex husband gave to me as a gift. How low can you go on that one. In addition, listen to this one, he stole the 18 months of food supply I had patiently and carefully bought, recorded, and packed over an 8 month period and then stored underground in a concrete bunker. So what does he do??? He traded the food for rent with the same guy he bought into the business with and the guy stores the food above ground and the food thus has been frozen and now with heat increasing above ground the food going to overheat. It will ruin all that food. Can you believe it??? He took the food right out of my mouth, literally. Unbelievable. And then managed to screw that up as well.

Of course that still makes him unacceptable as a self centered narcissistic personality. It's just that he is emotionally immature and unable to care as much for others as he cares for himself.

With that money he stole he bought into a machining company in Bloomington, Illinois with guys who know it was stolen money, so if anyone lives in Bloomington and knows a ''Butch Lane'', don't trust him, either in his machining jobs or in anything else because he accepted stolen money and the food for rent and he knew that it was stolen as well.

He did all this so he could make his 80% frames. (where you make the pistol frame to 80% of whole and then you don't have to have a number on it for registration. Its missing critical parts - that makes it legal to sell with out all the hoopla.Then the buyer puts the rest of it together and completes the gun. You machine the frame and some of the parts but not all, so its not really a gun when you sell it.). He had been trying to do that for years here and kept messing up on them and ruining them, so now I guess he thinks it will be better for him if he owned the company. I would warn everyone not to buy them cause he was really having a difficult time making them. He simply is too sloppy and careless to do a good job.

He didn't even give me the keys back to everything - (gates, storage (2) or office or home so I had to rekey everything), or paperwork, nor did he sign off of the bank accounts so I have had to set up bank accounts on my own which cost precious time and money..

I am devastated and so mad at myself for being so taken in and fooled by him

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Was this the guy that got thr boot from ARFCOM?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#3]
tag to figure out who gun kid is
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I dont remember him. Did he have a south park guy in his avatar?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

H'es a 53 year old convicted coke dealing POS
He's now going down for felon in posession if there is a a God.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I can be in Bloomington in an hour.
Want me to put a hurt on his ass?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#8]
tag
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#9]
He doesn't stay on any board long , he racks up enormous post counts and then strats calling people names when they disagree with his so called knowledge.

He was just here the other day , I forget what nic he was using.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Holy shit, gunkid is lose.  I wonder if he'll update his website now.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
He doesn't stay on any board long , he racks up enormous post counts and then strats calling people names when they disagree with his so called knowledge.

It's not Napoleon Tanerite is it? J/k BTW IBNT
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Napolean_Tanerite?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#13]
JINX!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, I'll be on the lookout for some dude with a 22, 38......and an "assault" wheelbarrow...

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#16]
He was banned from any gun board you can name, invented the assault wheelbarrow and ducttaping ceramic plates to one's back. He lived in a van by a river.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:49:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Gunkid this him?

Background on one John Russell AKA Gunkid

Posted By: Dolphin_Shooter
Date: 12/4/05 20:07

Information for JOHN MELVIN DAVIS

Inmate Register Number : 84034-012

Name : JOHN MELVIN DAVIS

Race : WHITE

Sex : MALE

Date Released : 7/6/00

The first time I met Gun kid, was on the now defunct “Bug Out Board”. This was his own site prior to going to jail the last time back around ’97-’98 or so. At that time it was his fantasy that if the balloon ever went up he was going to jump on his life raft and float down the Mississippi. Being that he would be in the middle of the river, he was immune from bullets fired at him. His resupply plan was to shoot innocent people in the back and steal anything they had in supplies so he could survive. The trip was to be from Illinois to Louisiana where he was going to sell his services as a hired killer to any local warlord! He was living in the back of his van at that time and during the winter depended on his Mylar blankets for warmth. Mind you he did ask for suggestions to stay warm. While he was sleeping in his van, someone snuck in and stole the battery while he slept;

-He has abandoned family members (daughter) in the past and if the balloon ever goes up, he has stated his wife is on her own;

- He allegedly had a 2 year IPSC career 30 years ago, still thinks he’s a top hand yet the few competitors who remember him indicate that he chokes under pressure. He boasts, of his prowess, but can't provide any facts;

-He likes to allude to a magnificent IPSC shooting career. There are no records of his exploits. However, there are complete records of other competitors scores, shot in the time frame he claims to have been a competitor.

-He does believe that IPSC shooting is reality and that’s how life will be if the balloon ever goes up;

-He claimed to have shot with the South West Pistol League in the middle 1970's, yet John doesn't even remember Peter-the-Power-Meter. Ask Hard Ball, he remembers Ol' Peter. Gun Kid knows none, of the old line, 1970's era, SWPL shooters;

-Well, we do know that Gun kid managed to shoot two people. Of course, they were both him. He shot himself in the foot with a .22 then poured scalding water over his foot as he couldn’t afford to go to a doctor. They second time he allegedly shot himself in the belt buckle with a .45. He has admitted to at least a ½ dozen accidental discharges on various boards;

-Gun kid joined/was drafted into the Army in 1971 where he became a Military Policeman. He was shipped to Korea where he admitted that he slept on guard duty and beat the police dog that he was responsible for. He received an early discharge from the Army after 1 year 7 months. He has not divulged the reason why. One can only speculate;

-He has been arrested on numerous occasions, once by a meter maid, once the police phoned him and he turned himself in. He has been a drug dealer and made cheap ineffective silencers. The 13 plus years he spent in jail indicates he isn’t the most successful of the criminal breed. He suggests that the way to be a successful drug dealer is to have kids sell your drugs as they can’t be arrested, same with selling silencers. While in a Federal Gov’t Release Facility, he “escaped”, thus adding years on to his parole. He “escaped” by walking out the gate;

-Gun kid has 3-4 bulging discs as a result of hurting himself while he had a porta potty job. He doesn’t believe in hiking just in case he hurts his knees and ankle;

-He currently collects SSI from the government and allows a woman to support him, yet he complains of others “sucking off the government”;

-Gun kid claims to be the biggest baddest survival guru on the planet, yet:

Gunkid has admitted the following

1) Can't completely clean an AR which he touts as the “ultimate survival rifle”

2) Can't use a map or compass, therefore they are useless;

3) Can’t understand why people buy quality gear because he looses his during his ½ day field exercises;

4) Doesn't own a watch cause he doesn't know how to use one in a survival situation,

5) Tech knowledge on suppressors is 40 years old,

6) Backpacking knowledge is based on fantasy, and has only minimal knowledge of what equipment is required to survive successfully in the bush over an extended;

7) Believes that a good sleeping bag is a waste and Mylar can cover all your outdoor sleeping needs;

8) Glasses Tactical knowledge is non existent "The Army didn't teach me nothin"!, and simply declares that everyone else will be standing around in the open all the time

9) Scared to shoot at something over 100 yds, because after that distance all hits are based on luck

10) Your SHTF kit should only weigh 25-30 pounds, including 4 pounds of body armour and all your firearms and ammunition

11) the debarked Chihuahua is the best survival alarm you can have

12) a .223 fired from a 10" barrel is the ultimate weapon and is useful up to 300yds, but only when used with a suppressor because he has a severe flinch when shooting without one. As he has this problem he projects it on everyone else;

13) the assault wheelbarrow is the only item you require to transport your kit if the balloon ever goes up! Things like Trucks, 4x4’s, quads, horses, pack mules, dog sleds, etc are stupid;

Claims he's going to get a website that's going to make him $300,000, $50,000, $45,000, $30,000 a year depending on which lie he's typing at the moment -- for over a year. When he finally gets it up, all it is, is his regurgitated posts, written under a false name since he can't use his own, he's sullied it so bad, and has to have a "guest writer" post articles that are word-for-word the same as the ones he posted under his pseudonym.

Socially

1) he cannot accept that there are people who know more about all these things than he does;
2) he has almost zero social skills and threatens and attacks any who disagree with him;
3) he will challenge everyone, but will fail to accept his own challenges;

4) he refuses an all-expense paid trip to watch someone prove themselves
because he’s, well, scared!

federal bureau of prison
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:52:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm always out of the loop.  Waiting to see who it is.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#19]
He sure is an unusual fellow.

So what's the name of this 80% company?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn!  I live in Bloomington.  I'm wondering what this machine shop's name is, also.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#21]
wow, I'm surprised, i posted IBNT 45 minutes ago and he still hasn't shown up.....hope he's ok
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:19:27 PM EDT
[#22]
maybe now he can afford that wheelbarrow
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#23]
tag
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#24]
I remember him from back in the day at www.assaultweb.net I haven't seen him here though.  He was the king of the 10/22 and .38 crowd.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#25]

He currently collects SSI from the government and allows a woman to support him, yet he complains of others “sucking off the government”;

Sounds like 98% of the freepers on this board!

12) a .223 fired from a 10" barrel is the ultimate weapon and is useful up to 300yds, but only when used with a suppressor because he has a severe flinch when shooting without one. As he has this problem he projects it on everyone else;

13) the assault wheelbarrow is the only item you require to transport your kit if the balloon ever goes up! Things like Trucks, 4x4’s, quads, horses, pack mules, dog sleds, etc are stupid;

Whats your problem with this guy? (besides him stealing yo shit!) HE seems to have the same gun store ignorance spouted here as everyone else does! He should fit right in here with our crazy freeper cocksuckers.

Oh and dont knock his assault wheel barrel idea! I had a similar idea if ever there was a zombie attack! My plan was to use my .22 bolt action to shoot my way to the local supermarket and then grab an assault "shopping cart". With the super strong metal cart i could "bowl over" any zombies that got in my way till i got back to my house and loaded it up with soda and cheesy poofs. AND if i ever got surrounded by zombies i could turn it over and turn it into a "anti-zombie cage" so i could hide underneath it. They are too dumb to figure out how to lift it up.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#26]
This has got to be bullshit, how did you dig up info on this fucker?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:07:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Sadly its all true.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:17:47 PM EDT
[#28]
About 10-15 years ago I went through another one of my survivalist phases and hung out a little on the Frugal Squirrel board.  Gunkid was there then, right before he went to jail for something or the other.  I can confirm that everything posted about him is true, and there are some things that aren't mentioned here.  The new stuff is not surprising, although I'm stunned he isn't in prison right now.

Gunkid is a little...infamous...in the shooting community.  If you hear or read anything negative about him, it has likely been understated, not exaggerated.  You youngsters haven't really seen him in his full glory because he was banned from all of the major gunboards long ago, and all of the staff can recognize him at first post and come down on him with both feet.  Gunkid must be seen to be believed.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:21:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I remember the wheelbarrow thing, but not much of the rest.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:28:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Keep this thread near the top and I'll tell you guys everything I remember tomorrow night.

The debarked chihuahua thing came about because he wanted dogs to attack people who might attack him or pre-emptively attack others he was planning to attack, draw away gunfire from him by dashing towards the shooter, etc.  He suggested getting them surgically debarked so they would retain the advantage of surprise.  Why chihuahuas though?  Well, he needed small dogs he could carry in cages in his wheelbarrow.  Chihuahuas were better for this purpose than say, schnauzers, because he could carry 4-5 chihuahuas in a wheelbarrow where he could only carry 2 of the larger schnauzers.

There is a lot of other equally ridiculous stuff, but that is for tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:30:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep this thread near the top and I'll tell you guys everything I remember tomorrow night.

The debarked chihuahua thing came about because he wanted dogs to attack people who might attack him or pre-emptively attack others he was planning to attack, draw away gunfire from him by dashing towards the shooter, etc.  He suggested getting them surgically debarked so they would retain the advantage of surprise.  Why chihuahuas though?  Well, he needed small dogs he could carry in cages in his wheelbarrow.  Chihuahuas were better for this purpose than say, schnauzers, because he could carry 4-5 chihuahuas in a wheelbarrow where he could only carry 2 of the larger schnauzers.

There is a lot of other equally ridiculous stuff, but that is for tomorrow.

If it's falling by tomorrow evening I'll bump it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#32]
tag
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:43:50 PM EDT
[#33]
This is going to get interesting.......Isnt it?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:44:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:54:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Dude, Gunkid is INFAMOUS on gun-related boards.

The man makes Todd Bailey of Speshul Wepuns fame look like a saint.

Trust me, the man is a fucking idiot and deserved every ban he got.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:18:31 AM EDT
[#37]
If I recall correctly Gunkid was the guy Imbroglio used to make fun of for being a nutjob, that speaks volumes.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:34:25 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

He was going by "Unusual" IIRC
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:08:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Wow, I got to hear more about this wack job.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:14:14 AM EDT
[#40]
We need a new forum of AR15.com criminals or something.  Maybe have a page of mugshots like thesmokinggun.com.  There seems to be more of this sort of thing lately than I ever remember hearing about before.  Or maybe I just didn't hear about it before...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:19:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Gunkid was here at AR15.com not too long ago.  He was the idiot who claimed he shot an apple 30 times while it was rolling away from him at 100 yards.  After that, a bunch of people went out and shot apples just to show him what happends to them after just one shot.  Apples don't roll well with big hunks missing.

Does this help you remember him?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:20:35 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
We need a new forum of AR15.com criminals or something.  Maybe have a page of mugshots like thesmokinggun.com.  There seems to be more of this sort of thing lately than I ever remember hearing about before.  Or maybe I just didn't hear about it before...

That'd be neat...wait, isn't that a function the Pit could be used for ? Hell, call it the ARFCOM Hall Of Shame (wait, the Pit already had that, at least once upon a time).  Mugshots would be awesome.  

Oh hey, out of curiosity, have any military posers been banned off of ARFCOM ?  I still think we need a special place set aside for stringing up trolls and other "problem children" in public

If you ask me, this most "unusual" GunKid is just a glorified troll with a felony record.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:43:38 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Gunkid this him?
Background on one John Russell AKA Gunkid

Posted By: Dolphin_Shooter
Date: 12/4/05 20:07

Information for JOHN MELVIN DAVIS

Inmate Register Number : 84034-012

Name : JOHN MELVIN DAVIS

Race : WHITE

Sex : MALE

Date Released : 7/6/00

federal bureau of prison

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:58:51 AM EDT
[#44]
I missed Gunkid's heyday, but just going by the stuff posted now, I really wish I could have been there at first.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:18:01 AM EDT
[#45]
I thought GunKid was just someones troll account. Sounds like this guy is insane.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:32:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:40:06 AM EDT
[#47]
The fine folks in Oklahoma are not amused that he has chosen our wide open plains as his base of operations

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:51:36 AM EDT
[#48]
He also used to post on the Militia boards as "realdeal", which he wasn't. The guy is a sociopath, everybodys wrong except him, whatever he decides to do is the only answer. I hear the brown acid will do that to you... Everything posted here are terrible understatements. "Nutjob" is too kind, he's a fucking psycho!!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:12:18 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

-Well, we do know that Gun kid managed to shoot two people. Of course, they were both him.

Now that's one part of the Gunkid story I hadn't heard yet.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:13:53 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, Gunkid is INFAMOUS on gun-related boards.

The man makes Todd Bailey of Speshul Wepuns fame look like a saint.

Trust me, the man is a fucking idiot and deserved every ban he got.

I am proud to say that I am one of the "elite"  ( ? ) who has helped chase him off of a shooting board.

Gunkid was on the net when I first started messing around on the net back in the late nineties.....to say he's a moron is truly an understatement....yet he has provided much of the shooting community with an "anti icon" to focus on; providing us with the "assault wheelbarrel",
the ".22 / .38 arsenal" and several a other goodies.

He won't be missed.....but he will be back....someday.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top