Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2006 12:24:02 PM EDT
I just recieved this in the mail today from FN.

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked mine up last week (ordered 3 weeks ago) and there was a red piece of papper in the box which acknowledged the recall and noted that this rifle has been updated with the new extractor.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 12:28:57 PM EDT
[#2]
And so it begins.

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe this will make them cheaper.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#4]
What is an "inappropriate" firing pin?

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#6]
One that has been filed down to make it full auto.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Apparently it is a very simple fix - I guess they just add a firing pin spring or replace the original firing pin or something like that. Problem solved.

I also heard that the first people who sent the rifles back got some king of optic or sight free from FN (as a way of apology).  Don't know if it's true, but that's the rumor.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

apparently the one that causes slam fires

Damn that reading, and stuff
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

apparently the one that causes slam fires

Damn that reading, and stuff

Just seemed like inappropriate use of the word inappropriate to me.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#10]
must be burping/slamfiring  with soft commercial primered .223 ammo

not unusual with military type guns
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Shoulda named it the SF2000 instead of the FS2000. Coulda stood for SlamFiring.

Sounds like an easy fix, but it shows that unforseen glitches effect everything.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:51:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like cheap fullauto to me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:01:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I've heard the cure is worse than the disease, the spring causes problems with the pin hitting the hammer during cycling.

Still waiting, been wanting one of these but I want to see how things go....
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#14]
If you take an FS2000 apart it has all full auto parts in the trigger pack.  To relate it to the AR15 its like having a DIAS with all full auto parts minus the selector.  It does make it a very safe weapon for out of battery fire.  I have had a few slam fires with reloads using federal primers.  It is just like a 2 round burst.  I have never had a burst more than 2 rounds.  I have had people at the range ask me about my fast trigger finger.  I can't wait to get the problem fixed.  It really screws up a group....

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Spoke to a nice lady at FN when I called about the recall she confimed that thye will be giving the free sights as a thank you its a c-more I think.

Got my return kit box today they are saying they will return within 30 days, thats 4 weekens of shooting
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#16]
So how do they know who has their rifles?  Did you send them back a warranty card, or did they get the information from the gun shop where you bought it?

-K
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#17]
So much for the next, great gun........
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:21:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
So how do they know who has their rifles?  Did you send them back a warranty card, or did they get the information from the gun shop where you bought it?

-K

seriously
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

To be fair, this is the first commercial version of it.  I can forgive a minor teething problem with the first new and really innovative gun to hit the market in 20 years - and at least the company is being very nice about it, and giving free goodies to all the owners.

I would have bought one myself last month if I hadn't had some unexpected expenses, and this recall didn't change my mind one bit when I heard about it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I picked mine up last week (ordered 3 weeks ago) and there was a red piece of papper in the box which acknowledged the recall and noted that this rifle has been updated with the new extractor.

It wasn't the extractor that was broke, it was the firing pin.

Better check that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#21]
The same way they find out who bought a gun used in a crime.

The maker knows which dealer the weapon was sold to, and the dealer knows [via that nice little form you fill out] who bought it from them. Address and everything.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-K

seriously

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

And we all know the AR-15/M16 functioned flawlessly when it entered service.

Not Invented Here Syndrome strikes again.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 5:02:14 AM EDT
[#24]
that sucks  
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 5:12:03 AM EDT
[#25]
ALL fs2000 that shipped have the problem that’s how they know which ones are affected.

The issue is a small one, it was an assembly error not a design flaw huge difference, it's not like they designed it with out a chrome lined chamber or something
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
ALL fs2000 that shipped have the problem that’s how they know which ones are affected.

The issue is a small one, it was an assembly error not a design flaw huge difference, it's not like they designed it with out a chrome lined chamber or something

That's almost exactly what I said.

In the words of my generation:

P\/\/|\|3|)!
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-K

seriously

ya, I want to know about that....
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-K

seriously

Its a conspiracy between FN, the BATFE and the Trilateral Commission.

I bet he mailed a warrantee card in, but that'd be too fucking simple for those that need to be medicated, or prevented from owning anything more dangerous than a crayon.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#29]
[tinfoil hat] It's a lie! The guns are fine, but the Govt. is in bed with FN and are justt rying to get a list of addresses of where these evil guns are located so they can buzz your house with black helicopters! [/tinfoil hat]

Bad firing pin.. causes slamfires.. Did they file them down incorrectly and now the guns go FA? I knew that jerkey-selling SEAL was telling me the truth!
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 2:08:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-K

seriously

Its a conspiracy between FN, the BATFE and the Trilateral Commission.

I bet he mailed a warrantee card in,

Nope, I already explained how it worked earlier. FN contacts the dealer they sold the rifle to, dealer looks up the paperwork and tells FN who they sold it to. That simple.
Link Posted: 8/28/2006 6:48:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Or, owner called FNH because they herd about the recall on line, and volunteered their information. That is what I did; I was later contacted by the seller who asked for my permission to give my information to FNH.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top