Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2006 8:49:42 PM EDT
I've been wondering for awhile exactly what type of rifle Hollywood keeps casting as a "hitman" rifle, it's packed into a briefcase, and theres a suspensful scene were the hitman assembles it, it's bolt action, the barrel appears to be some kind of quick change, or perhaps it's a take down rifle of some sort, at any rate the barrel is not installed, when the case opens, and the stock is also detached, and appears to go on fairly quick, then the scope "snaps" on aparently starting at an angle to the reciever then twisted to be inline clicking in place, than finnaly the bolt is inserted, it goes without saying that there is normaly a suppressor to, so what it this thing?, or is it just some creation that Hollywood cooked up?....
Link Posted: 9/10/2006 8:52:46 PM EDT
[#1]
well, in the entirety of the Hitman video game series, its a Walther W2000.
Link Posted: 9/10/2006 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#2]
AWC M91 BDR
Link Posted: 9/10/2006 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2006 9:33:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Along these lines, what type of gun does Al Pacino use in the movie Heat Anne Parillaud use in (La Femme) Nikita / Bridget Fonda use in Point of No Return?

It was obviously waterproof...
Link Posted: 9/10/2006 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Writers used to suggest the AR-7 for that application, until someone pointed out that they were inaccurate and underpowered.
Link Posted: 9/10/2006 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#6]
<---------------------------
Link Posted: 9/10/2006 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I think that I have seen the same Remington bolt gun in a bunch of movies, but the only one I can think of is Gross Point Blank.
Link Posted: 9/10/2006 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
well, in the entirety of the Hitman video game series, its a Walther W2000.

Yep they use it in Black as well.

Link Posted: 9/10/2006 9:55:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Along these lines, what type of gun does Al Pacino use in the movie Heat Anne Parillaud use in (La Femme) Nikita / Bridget Fonda use in Point of No Return?

It was obviously waterproof...

It's been a while but I think the French version she used an AUG and in the American version some kind of a .22 LR target rifle that was apparently picked because it looked cool.  I remember that in the restaurant hit the French version has a Desert Eagle while the American version has a .22 target pistol.
Link Posted: 9/10/2006 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've been wondering for awhile exactly what type of rifle Hollywood keeps casting as a "hitman" rifle, it's packed into a briefcase, and theres a suspensful scene were the hitman assembles it, it's bolt action, the barrel appears to be some kind of quick change, or perhaps it's a take down rifle of some sort, at any rate the barrel is not installed, when the case opens, and the stock is also detached, and appears to go on fairly quick, then the scope "snaps" on aparently starting at an angle to the reciever then twisted to be inline clicking in place, than finnaly the bolt is inserted, it goes without saying that there is normaly a suppressor to, so what it this thing?, or is it just some creation that Hollywood cooked up?....

While there are take-down rifles in existence, a lot of the time it is a mock up.  There's been more than one where the barrel was obvisouly a normally threaded barrel but they had the actor sort of put it in place and give it a dramatic twist and then they add a lot of loud clicking and clacking sound effects.

My personal favorite is "The Replacement Killers" where he assembles a 9mm AR without tools including hand tightening the barrel nut and then he's supposedly going to use this as a sniper weapon to make an accurate shot from a hundred yards or so away.
Link Posted: 9/10/2006 10:20:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw a picture in some gun rag of a take down European bolt action that looked just like the hitman rifle seen in countless TV shows--only this rifle actually worked. This take down rilfe is probably what inspired all Hollywood hitmen with rifles in a briefcase stuff.

The old Kojak TV show had fairly well thought out hitman character who used an ordinary M-1 Garand rifle with a scope for his hits. His MO was to smuggle the rifle to his hide, blow away his target, and then bug out leaving the untraceable M-1 behind.
Link Posted: 9/10/2006 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#12]
The Blaser R93 will do everything you just mentioned and do it extremely well....
Link Posted: 9/10/2006 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#13]
What rifle did the Scorpio Killer use in Dirty Harry?  They said it shot a 30-06 round.  It could be broken down and fit in a case.  Remember, this is circa 1971.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top