Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 30
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 6:01:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I expect EVERYONE who responded to any of the hundreds of Zumbo threads (on this or any other forum) to contact their representatives about

H.R. 1022: To reauthorize the assault weapons ban, and for other purposes
www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1022

If we can turn up the heat on Congress in the same fashion we turned it up on "one of our own", we can really make a difference!

DONE

We need to get back in the trenches and put our vitrol towards fighting the next AWB.

We need to fight the big fight, and fight the ensuing gun control legislation.

We need to unite as gun owners and put efforts into fighting all gun control.

I am calling my representatives tomorrow.

We can not let this incident divide us.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Online petition to OL to can Zumbo.

I seen this on AKforum.net and thought I would post it here.

www.petitiononline.com/zumbo07/petition.html
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Done!
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Tango,
Please don't take this as an attack on you, but I can't count how many times I've read on these and other boards about the UN, ATF, EU, Chavez, the Chinese, Chelsey Clinton, the Masons, and a host of other boogie men are coming to take our guns.  How any action on our part now will get us on some list, and we'll be the first visited.  How many times have I read SHTF fantasies about how THEN there will be some great resistance.

"You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training." Go on... I know where this is headed...

I've got news, if you've bought a gun at a dealer, subscibe to the wrong number of the wrong magazines, or POST IN AN INTERNET FORUM ABOUT GUNS, your on a list somewhere.  Hell, I read somewhere that Boy Scouts of America is on some lists.

Agreed. I know I'm already in AFIS due to my prints being on file as a clearanced DoD employee, as well as an LEO over the past many years. I have no illusions as to "secrecy" as far as this subject goes.

The letter was intended as satire, rather than an example.

It was also meant as kudos to Jim Scoutten or Tommy Millner, as well as a frustrated poke at our elected "anti" officials, whose staff will simply go to c:\politician\Documents and Settings\Pissed Off Gun Owner Response.doc and spit out a conciliatory form letter rather than issue a personal reply or even acknowledge the legitimacy of our arguments.

Why not now, when all it takes is a little time on the email, a little ink, and a stamp to at least be heard.  in the time it took for me to read all 51 pages of this post, I could have written, edited, typed, printed, and mailed one hell of a good letter.  Hell, it doesn't even take that much effort.  I could print off one of many form letters, sign my name, and send that.  I count myself amongst the lazy on this.

Or written a letter to the editor of your local rag when they regurgitate another article about EBR's or RKBA in general? I have, and been published over two dozen times in 15 years. I've also attended rallies, and confronted budding politicos who were shaking hands and happened to be foolish enough to tell me about "the gun menace threatening our children".

In addition I have, in fact, written letters to my local, state, and federal critters about the 2A and RKBA... usually with a response letter similar in spirit to the one I submitted. But I won't stop telling them where I stand.

I applaud your "GET OFF THE COUCH" rallying cry and wholeheartedly endorse it.

Again, I'm not attacking you.  I just don't see the logic in running scared my whole life.  I can't speak for you state politics.

Dick Durbin.
Barack Obama.
Richard M. Daley.
Rod Bagojevich.

The only thing a gunner can speak for in our state re RKBA starts with "Hail, Mary, full of grace..." or "Yea, though I walk through the valley..."

However, my state had a group of Dems that had been in office since reformation.  They finally got the silent majority pissed over a flag, and now Georgia is considered the reddest of the red.  It can be done.  I can't remember what the official number of gun owners in the USA is, somewhere in the multiple ten's of millions.  There were only around 100 million votes cast in the last presidential election.  If, every gun owner would reliably vote, and be vocal about it, we have a huge percentage of the constituency.  

And unfortunately for those of us in Occupied Illinois, the Democratic Machine in C(r)ook County / Chicago outnumbers the collar counties and downstate. Remember Illinois being heralded as a "Blue" state? With the exceptions of Crook (Chicago), Champaign (U of I) and a county by St. Louis, we were as Red as the middle of a rare T-bone.

But Da Machine has enough numbers to nullify the rest of the state. I truly feel for my brothers in CA and NY.

Sorry for the rant.

No offense taken. We will keep on fighting. Glad you will too.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#5]
hey guys you all kicked major ass on this Zumbo deal BUT now lets turn out in masses on this HR 1022! Just sent 4 emails and got 2 snail mails going out. Took like a whole 10 minutes. If we could keep this a rollin there is NO way they can ignore us. Do your part....step away from the world of ARFCOM....get those letters/emails/phone calls going....and stand up for the 2A! (and then return to your normal ARFCOM programming)
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Done!

signed, #181... We need a few more signatures on this
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I am in on busting HR 1022. Snail mails go out tomorrow!  

If we can get together on this, then......
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am in on busting HR 1022. Snail mails go out tomorrow!  

If we can get together on this, then......

The AWB bill is in the Judiciary committee. I have it basically at 20-19 bad guys if all of my info. is correct.  We need to write to all of these people, especially the ones I've provided contact info. for, to prevent this from coming out of committee.  We have a shot.  The grades in red are GOA grades from 108th congress.  I couldn't find any newer NRA or GOA grades en masse.  If there was no grade I did some research.

Hon. John Conyers, Jr.
(D) Michigan, 14th F-

Hon. Lamar S. Smith
(R) Texas, 21st A-
Washington D.C. Office
2409 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202-225-4236  202-225-8628 fax
Hours: 8:30am - 6:00pm EST, Monday - Friday

This guy wrote the bill to reform the ATF.

Democrats:

Democrat
Hon. Berman
(D) California, 28th F-

Hon. Boucher
(D) Virginia, 9th  B
188 East Main Street
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
276-628-1145

106 North Washington
Pulaski, Virginia 24301
540-980-4310

1 Cloverleaf Square,
Suite C-1
Big Stone Gap, Virginia 24219
276-523-5450

WASHINGTON D.C.
2187 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
202-225-3861
202-225-0442(fax)
Sponsored Lawful commerce in Arms Act!

Hon. Nadler
(D) New York, 8th F-

Hon. Scott
(D) Virginia, 3rd F-

Hon. Watt
(D) North Carolina, 12th F

Hon. Lofgren
(D) California, 16th F-

Hon. Jackson Lee
(D) Texas, 18th F-

Hon. Waters
(D) California, 35th F-

Hon. Meehan
(D) Massachusetts, 5th F-

Hon. Delahunt
(D) Massachusetts, 10th F-

Hon. Wexler
(D) Florida, 19th F-

Hon. Sánchez
(D) California, 39th CA - Probably an F, cosponsored AWB 2005.

Hon. Cohen
(D) Tennessee, 9th Flaming liberal who is relatively conservative on gun control, from what little I can find.  Worth a shot

1004 Longworth HOB
Washington DC 20515
ph: (202) 225-3265
fx: (202) 225-5663 fax

Hon. Johnson
(D) Georgia, 4th Buddhist??

Hon. Gutierrez
(D) Illinois, 4th F-

Hon. Sherman
(D) California, 27 F-

Hon. Weiner
(D) New York, 9th F-

Hon. Schiff
(D) California, 29th F-

Hon. Davis
(D) Alabama , 7th Seems to support RKBA, voted for Lawful Commerce in Arms
208 Cannon H.O.B.
Washington, D.C. 20515
(202) 225-2665 (phone)
(202) 226-9567 (fax)

Hon. Wasserman Schultz
(D) Florida, 20th Hyphenated name, probably hates guns

Hon. Ellison
(D) Minnesota, 5th ROP Douchebag

Vacant

Republican

Hon. Sensenbrenner Jr.
(R) Wisconsin, 5th A

2449 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-5101

Hon. Coble
(R) North Carolina, 6th  A

[email protected]

2468 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515-3306

Phone: (202) 225-3065
Fax: (202) 225-8611

Hon. Gallegly
(R) California, 24th C

Office of Congressman Elton Gallegly, 2309 Rayburn HOB, Washington, DC 20515-0523

Phone: (202) 225-5811; FAX: (202) 225-1100

Hon. Goodlatte
(R) Virginia, 6th A-
Washington, DC Office:
  2240 Rayburn House Office Building
  Washington, DC 20515
  (202) 225-5431
  (202) 225-9681 fax

Hon. Chabot
(R) Ohio, 1st A-
Washington Office

129 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515

(202) 225-2216
(202) 225-3012 (fax)

Hon. Lungren
(R) California, 3rd -Piece of shit who ordered gun confiscation in CA

Hon. Cannon
(R) Utah, 3rd A

Washington Office
2436 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-7751
Fax: (202) 225-5629
Email: [email protected]

Hon. Keller
(R) Florida, 8th A

419 Cannon House Office Building | Washington, D.C. 20515 | Phone (202) 225-2176 | Fax (202) 225-0999

Hon. Issa
(R) California, 49th A-

Washington D.C. Office
211 Cannon House
Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
phone: 202-225-3906
fax: 202-225-3303

Hon. Pence
(R) Indiana, 6th A

Washington DC
1317 Longworth HOB
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-3021 office
(202) 225-3382 fax

Hon. Forbes
(R) Virginia, 4th A-

Washington, DC Office    
307 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: 202-225-6365
Fax: 202-226-1170

Hon. King
(R) Iowa, 5th A

Washington, D.C.
1432 Longworth Office Building
Washington D.C. 20515
Phone: 202.225.4426
Fax: 202.225.3193

Hon. Feeney
(R) Florida, 24th A

Washington Office
323 Cannon House Office
Building Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-2706 (202) 226-6299 fax

Hon. Franks
(R) Arizona, 2nd A

Washington Office
1237 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: 202-225-4576
Fax: 202-225-6328

Hon. Gohmert
(R) Texas, 1st Pro-gun according to the NRA

Washington Office
508 Cannon HOB
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-3035
(202) 226-1230 fax

Hon. Jordan
(R) Ohio, 4th Endorsed by Ohioans for Concealed Carry!

Washington D.C. Office

515 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-2676
Fax:(202) 226-0577
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I say RESISTANCE!

RESISTANCE NOW!

Thank You Ladies and Gentleman.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone have the link to the fudds v. tacticools?
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I am not a noob or a troll and have no affiliation with Remington or any other company that drops JZ. How about a Gold Star surrounded Free Flashing Advert for RKBA type Gun/Hunting Companies?  Limited Time of course :) What goes around comes around.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

DONE !

My response to them......
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#13]
[
I don't think Mr. Millner understand that this isn't an assault on Remington because we don't "like" them. It's a common thing for a buying audience to stop purchasing sponsor's products when their pitch men go and say or do something to alienate the customer demographic. It's called leverage. If Remington distances themselves from Zumbo for his idiotic expressions that have clearly hurt the RKBA and divided the shooting community, then I can certainly assume they will walk away from this without a scratch. If they don't make that separation, then it will be assumed that they, as a corporation, agree with the statements of their pitch man by continuing to support him financially. That's sort of how it works Tommy.

"Remington has spent tens of millions of dollars to defend your rights and how quickly the thanks is threat and boycott!  Please feel Free  to post that remington does not agree with Zumbo in any way shape or form and we will assess our relationship with him accordingly.

Tommy millner
CEO and oresident"

By the way, Tommy, where do you think Remington got that money in the first place?  I'll tell you.  It came from shooters and hunters just like us that bought your ammo and weapons, so don't try to guilt us with that line.  Just do the right thing and this will all go away.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Is it a bad thing that I went thru the last issue of I had gotten of Outdoor Life and wrote e-mails to every advertiser with his two blogs inserted in there asking them their thoughts, and requesting that they not advertise with OL until Zumbo is fired.  Also, I sent snail mail to My Representative and two Senators for Colorado today about H1022.  Will be calling their offices tommorrow.  By the way Colorado Senator Salazar is a oputz, while his brother which is in the House of Representatives, has been real good with RKBA.  Les
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#15]
height=8
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
he
We need to fight the big fight, and fight the ensuing gun control legislation.

We need to unite as gun owners and put efforts into fighting all gun control.

I am calling my representatives tomorrow.

We can not let this incident divide us.

rdgr that! I was thinking today about how much money we all have into our so called "assault rifles" compared to the kind of money the average typical hunter put out for
for a deer or bird gun: many thousands vs a few hundred bucks. So we pour big money into the gun industry and that has to account for something. We can't let them pull this ban crap on us ever again!  
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Sweet merciful Jesus!

I was at Disney all weekend, and come back to this!

Damn!

I AM NOT A TERRORIST, YOU ELITIST SLIMY FUCK!
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Hell, I just got my first M4, mainly for the wife to shoot as she is a Captain and can't hit the broad side of a barn, but after playing with it, I might need to get another one to trick out.    I posted a boycott of anyone related to Zumbo on my web site even, have had some interesting emails since yesterday.  Les
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 10:43:36 PM EDT
[#18]
from michael haugen @ remington:

He is no longer Associated with Remington! Please pass this along;
Sent via BlackBerry from Cingular Wireless
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 12:20:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Big Kudos to David Fortier

+1

where's all the other gun writers though?
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 12:24:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 2:28:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Zumbo is gone! Outdoor life has pulled his blog and it won't be returning anytime soon. From their website:

Hunting With Jim Zumbo
Statement from Outdoor Life
Due to the controversy surrounding Jim Zumbo’s recent postings, Outdoor Life has decided to discontinue the “Hunting With Zumbo” blog for the time being. Outdoor Life has always been, and will always be, a steadfast supporter of our Second Amendment rights, which do not make distinctions based on the looks of the firearms we choose to own, shoot and take hunting. Please direct any comments you have to [email protected].

Well we finally got that FUDD kicked out. Hopefuly OL will realize that Jim Zumbo's type of prejudiced, bigoted attitude won't win them any friends among the supporters of the Second Amendment and will only help in getting their precious duck guns and deer rifles banned too.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 2:37:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Anyone have his "apology" linked or saved? With the blog down, I haven't read it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 2:53:54 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Anyone have his "apology" linked or saved? With the blog down, I haven't read it.

From 209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:ldEAJHvKgc0J:outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/2007/02/i_was_wrong_big.html+zumbo+i+was+wrong&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us

I was wrong, BIG TIME
Someone once said that to err is human. I just erred, and made without question, the biggest blunder in my 42 years of writing hunting articles.

My blog inflamed legions of people I love most..... hunters and shooters. Obviously, when I wrote that blog, I activated my mouth before engaging my brain.

Let me explain the circumstances surrounding that blog. I was hunting coyotes, and after the hunt was over and being beat up by 60 mph winds all day, I was discussing hunting with one of the young guides. I was tired and exhausted, and I should have gone to bed early. When the guide told me that there was a "huge" following of hunters who use AR 15's and similar weapons to hunt prairies dogs, I was amazed. At that point I wrote the blog, and never thought it through.

Now then, you might not believe what I have to say, but I hope you do. How is it that Zumbo, who has been hunting for more than 50 years, is totally ignorant about these types of guns. I don't know. I shot one once at a target last year, and thought it was cool, but I never considered using one for hunting. I had absolutely no idea how vast the numbers of folks are who use them.

I never intended to be devisive, and I certainly believe in United we Stand, Divided we Fall. I've been an NRA member for 40 years, have attended 8 national NRA conventions in the last 10 years, and I'm an advisory board member for the United States Sportsmen's Alliance which actively fights anti-hunters and animal rights groups for hunter's rights.

What really bothers me are some of the unpatriotic comments leveled at me. I fly the flag 365 days a year in my front yard. Last year, through an essay contest, I hosted a soldier wounded in Iraq to a free hunt in Botswana. This year, through another essay contest, I'm taking two more soldiers on a free moose and elk hunt.

When I started blogging, I was told to write my thoughts, expressing my own opinion. The offensive blog I wrote was MY opinion, and no one else's. None of the companies that I deal with share that opinion, nor were they aware of what I had written until this firestorm started.    

Believe it or not, I'm your best friend if you're a hunter or shooter, though it might not seem that way. I simply screwed up.   And, to show that I'm sincere about this, I just talked to Ted Nugent, who everyone knows, and is a Board member of the NRA. Ted is extremely active with charities concerning our wounded military, and though he's known as a bowhunter, Ted has no problem with AR 15's and similar firearms. My sincerity stems from the fact that Ted and I are planning a hunt using AR 15's. I intend to learn all I can about them, and again, I'm sorry for inserting my foot in my mouth.  

February 18, 2007 in Hunting | Permalink

You may want to contrast that with his original statement:

From 209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:jDZ0K76hUJUJ:outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/2007/02/assault_rifles_.html+zumbo+assault+rifles&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Assault Rifles For Hunters?
As I write this, I'm hunting coyotes in southeastern Wyoming with Eddie Stevenson, PR Manager for Remington Arms, Greg Dennison, who is senior research engineer for Remington, and several writers. We're testing Remington's brand new .17 cal Spitfire bullet on coyotes.

I must be living in a vacuum. The guides on our hunt tell me that the use of AR and AK rifles have a rapidly growing following among hunters, especially prairie dog hunters. I had no clue. Only once in my life have I ever seen anyone using one of these firearms.

I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are "tackdrivers."

Sorry, folks, in my humble opinion, these things have no place in hunting. We don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them, which is an obvious concern. I've always been comfortable with the statement that hunters don't use assault rifles. We've always been proud of our "sporting firearms."

This really has me concerned. As hunters, we don't need the image of walking around the woods carrying one of these weapons. To most of the public, an assault rifle is a terrifying thing. Let's divorce ourselves from them. I say game departments should ban them from the praries and woods.

For myself, I think Gloftoe summed it up well enough.

From www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=548509&page=5
"I called AR15s and AK47s "terrorist rifles," and called for them to be banned from public hunting lands. For this, I am truly sorry."

"I called AR15s and AK47s "terrorist rifles," and called for them to be banned from public hunting lands. I'm sorry I stuck my foot in my mouth. I was tired from coyote hunting, and hadn't had much sleep."

Something along the lines of the top apology? I could probably accept. Problem is, he didn't' say that. ALL he apologized for was putting his foot in his mouth. He's not sorry about what he said. He's sorry that he got called on it, and stuck his foot in his mouth. The idea and belief about ARs and AKs is still alive and well, bouncing around in his fudd brain.

Link Posted: 2/20/2007 3:02:38 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tango,
Please don't take this as an attack on you, but I can't count how many times I've read on these and other boards about the UN, ATF, EU, Chavez, the Chinese, Chelsey Clinton, the Masons, and a host of other boogie men are coming to take our guns.  How any action on our part now will get us on some list, and we'll be the first visited.  How many times have I read SHTF fantasies about how THEN there will be some great resistance.

"You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training." Go on... I know where this is headed...

I've got news, if you've bought a gun at a dealer, subscibe to the wrong number of the wrong magazines, or POST IN AN INTERNET FORUM ABOUT GUNS, your on a list somewhere.  Hell, I read somewhere that Boy Scouts of America is on some lists.

Agreed. I know I'm already in AFIS due to my prints being on file as a clearanced DoD employee, as well as an LEO over the past many years. I have no illusions as to "secrecy" as far as this subject goes.

The letter was intended as satire, rather than an example.

It was also meant as kudos to Jim Scoutten or Tommy Millner, as well as a frustrated poke at our elected "anti" officials, whose staff will simply go to c:\politician\Documents and Settings\Pissed Off Gun Owner Response.doc and spit out a conciliatory form letter rather than issue a personal reply or even acknowledge the legitimacy of our arguments.

Why not now, when all it takes is a little time on the email, a little ink, and a stamp to at least be heard.  in the time it took for me to read all 51 pages of this post, I could have written, edited, typed, printed, and mailed one hell of a good letter.  Hell, it doesn't even take that much effort.  I could print off one of many form letters, sign my name, and send that.  I count myself amongst the lazy on this.

Or written a letter to the editor of your local rag when they regurgitate another article about EBR's or RKBA in general? I have, and been published over two dozen times in 15 years. I've also attended rallies, and confronted budding politicos who were shaking hands and happened to be foolish enough to tell me about "the gun menace threatening our children".

In addition I have, in fact, written letters to my local, state, and federal critters about the 2A and RKBA... usually with a response letter similar in spirit to the one I submitted. But I won't stop telling them where I stand.

I applaud your "GET OFF THE COUCH" rallying cry and wholeheartedly endorse it.

Again, I'm not attacking you.  I just don't see the logic in running scared my whole life.  I can't speak for you state politics.

Dick Durbin.
Barack Obama.
Richard M. Daley.
Rod Bagojevich.

The only thing a gunner can speak for in our state re RKBA starts with "Hail, Mary, full of grace..." or "Yea, though I walk through the valley..."

However, my state had a group of Dems that had been in office since reformation.  They finally got the silent majority pissed over a flag, and now Georgia is considered the reddest of the red.  It can be done.  I can't remember what the official number of gun owners in the USA is, somewhere in the multiple ten's of millions.  There were only around 100 million votes cast in the last presidential election.  If, every gun owner would reliably vote, and be vocal about it, we have a huge percentage of the constituency.  

And unfortunately for those of us in Occupied Illinois, the Democratic Machine in C(r)ook County / Chicago outnumbers the collar counties and downstate. Remember Illinois being heralded as a "Blue" state? With the exceptions of Crook (Chicago), Champaign (U of I) and a county by St. Louis, we were as Red as the middle of a rare T-bone.

But Da Machine has enough numbers to nullify the rest of the state. I truly feel for my brothers in CA and NY.

Sorry for the rant.

No offense taken. We will keep on fighting. Glad you will too.

I guess I should have taken into account your location.  The only metropolis we have to worry with, so far, is Atlanta.  Yet another reason I thank God I was born a "Johnny Reb" here in Dixie.  Good luck, and God bless.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 3:07:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Yup, friend or not, Nuge needs to keep a low profile with regards to Zumbo, or Brady's BUnch will try and spin him into supporting Zumbo's remarks.

I doubt it.

Ted Nugent is capable of expressing the fact that he is still friend with Zumbo while fitting in a few suggestions on what the Brady campaign can do with various inanimate objects and their rectums.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 3:11:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Gunny beat me to it. Thanks!

I was wrong, BIG TIME

Someone once said that to err is human. I just erred, and made without question, the biggest blunder in my 42 years of writing hunting articles.

You have no idea.

My blog inflamed legions of people I love most..... hunters and shooters. Obviously, when I wrote that blog, I activated my mouth before engaging my brain.

Let me explain the circumstances surrounding that blog. I was hunting coyotes, and after the hunt was over and being beat up by 60 mph winds all day, I was discussing hunting with one of the young guides. I was tired and exhausted, and I should have gone to bed early. When the guide told me that there was a "huge" following of hunters who use AR 15's and similar weapons to hunt prairies dogs, I was amazed. At that point I wrote the blog, and never thought it through.

Oh, I see! You were TIRED, eh? You engaged your mouth without thinking, eh?

So why should you be trusted with a firearm then, if you're obviously so unable to think when tired?

Now then, you might not believe what I have to say, but I hope you do. How is it that Zumbo, who has been hunting for more than 50 years, is totally ignorant about these types of guns. I don't know. I shot one once at a target last year, and thought it was cool, but I never considered using one for hunting. I had absolutely no idea how vast the numbers of folks are who use them.

You're right. I don't believe you.

You had no idea, eh? So, as a professional writer, do you normally go off half-cocked about stuff you know NOTHING about?

I never intended to be devisive, and I certainly believe in United we Stand, Divided we Fall. I've been an NRA member for 40 years, have attended 8 national NRA conventions in the last 10 years, and I'm an advisory board member for the United States Sportsmen's Alliance which actively fights anti-hunters and animal rights groups for hunter's rights.

He STILL doesn't get it. I'm sure HCI reps have attended NRA conventions, and just because you oppose anti-hunting/animal rights groups doesn't mean you have a clue as to what the RKBA is really all about.

What really bothers me are some of the unpatriotic comments leveled at me. I fly the flag 365 days a year in my front yard.

Cry me a fucking river. You labeled a firearm a "terrorist weapon", and therefore implucated all those who use or own one as terrorists. FUCK YOU!

When I started blogging, I was told to write my thoughts, expressing my own opinion. The offensive blog I wrote was MY opinion, and no one else's. None of the companies that I deal with share that opinion, nor were they aware of what I had written until this firestorm started.

I bet that phone is ringing off the hook, eh?

Believe it or not, I'm your best friend if you're a hunter or shooter, though it might not seem that way. I simply screwed up. And, to show that I'm sincere about this, I just talked to Ted Nugent, who everyone knows, and is a Board member of the NRA. Ted is extremely active with charities concerning our wounded military, and though he's known as a bowhunter, Ted has no problem with AR 15's and similar firearms. My sincerity stems from the fact that Ted and I are planning a hunt using AR 15's. I intend to learn all I can about them, and again, I'm sorry for inserting my foot in my mouth.

Well, gee, I guess that makes it all better. I'm sure Chuch Schumer is on our side after shooting the TEC-9.

I'd never heard of you before this incident. Hell, I didn't even know what a FUDD was until now. However, I will now not associate with you nor anyone who sponsors you or publishes your columns. I had heard rumors of hunters looking down on the rest of us, but never seen such a glaring example. I will now be o the lookout for them as well.

Fuck you very much. Strong message follows.

ETA: Page 52 of this ARCOM classic belongs to me and my EBR's.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 3:11:39 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Sweet merciful Jesus!

I was at Disney all weekend, and come back to this!

Damn!

I AM NOT A TERRORIST, YOU ELITIST SLIMY FUCK!

You're a bit late on this.

The backlash against Zumbo has been so severe that Remington has dropped sponsorship and it sounds like Cabelas is looking to...

Give it a week and it may get to the point where gas stations refuse to sell him gas, dentists won't work on his teeth, and his dog won't play with him anymore.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 3:11:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yup, friend or not, Nuge needs to keep a low profile with regards to Zumbo, or Brady's BUnch will try and spin him into supporting Zumbo's remarks.

I doubt it.

Ted Nugent is capable of expressing the fact that he is still friend with Zumbo while fitting in a few suggestions on what the Brady campaign can do with various inanimate objects and their rectums.

I don't know, I am still of the opinion that Ted should have called him a dumbass and ran away, but he might be a better man than I or knows something that I do not.  IT is going to be tough for Zumbo to try and get out of this.  

I'd be pissed if I were Ted, being an owner of terrorist guns and all, but we'll see.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 3:13:29 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Give it a week and it may get to the point where gas stations refuse to sell him gas, dentists won't work on his teeth, and his dog won't play with him anymore.

No self-respecting dog should play with a skunkstink like this guy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 3:16:53 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
but he might be a better man than I or knows something that I do not.

If I had a good friend who said something stupid I wouldn't abandon them because people on the internet would get pissed off at me if I didn't. If Uncle Ted is indeed friends with Zumbo then he has a greater basis from which to judge the man than most of us do.

People getting pissed off at Ted because Ted isn't actively trying to scalp Zumbo live on stage at one of his concerts is a bit much.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 3:26:45 AM EDT
[#31]
While I am here, someone sent me an IM complaining that I said Zumbo deserved a good "whacking", and asking me why I was advocating having the man killed.

Since you are not set up to receive IMs, let me take this opportunity to remind you that the word "whack" has only *recently* come to be associated with the concept of killing someone, and that a good many people use the term as it is originally defined.

Since I don't happen to be some Tony Soprano wannabe from Atlantic City, when I use the term "whack" I most likely mean and not .

Allow me to offer a suggestion for the future....

If you see someone use a term that has multiple meanings, one of which happens to be premeditated murder, it would be best to assume the most charitable possible meaning until you have evidence to the contrary.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 3:37:42 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
but he might be a better man than I or knows something that I do not.

If I had a good friend who said something stupid I wouldn't abandon them because people on the internet would get pissed off at me if I didn't. If Uncle Ted is indeed friends with Zumbo then he has a greater basis from which to judge the man than most of us do.

People getting pissed off at Ted because Ted isn't actively trying to scalp Zumbo live on stage at one of his concerts is a bit much.

I'd be pretty pissed if one of my friends decided to serve me up like Zumbo did.  I see Ted's intentions as honorable, I just can't see how he can do it.  I could not.  I said a few pages back that he should not go hunting with him, but if he does, I ain't going to call for his head on a pike.  I know where Ted stands, and I know he is a friend to us.  Maybe after this Zumbo will be as well, I do not know.  

I really just do not like the idea of Zumbo using Ted to get back into our good graces.  I am sure Ted knows that is what is going on.   I dunno, I just hate ploys.  

ETA:  Could have been worse with the whacking thing...someone could have thought that you meant Zumbo needed a good handjob.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 5:17:49 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm confident that Nuge is SOLIDLY on our side. Just pay a visit to his discussion forum and read a few of his replies. He agrees, Zumbo screwed up in a big way, but would rather use this opportunity to convert him to our side, rather than execute him.

www.tednugent.com/cgi-bin/tnusa/nugeboard3/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=General&number=1

I tend to agree with Ted...
Zumbo is more usefull to us if he is converted.

Old Painless is living proof that old guys can enjoy cool toys.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 5:35:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Reply from our Minority Leader (I much preferred him the MAJORITY leader), my Congressman;

Dear  A.j.  :
          Thank you for contacting me regarding our Second Amendment rights. It is good to hear from you.

I share your deep concern with the current trend in American politics toward criminalizing gun ownership. During my service in Congress I have been a consistent supporter of the Second Amendment. Unfortunately, many politicians and activists have tried to exploit tragedies like school shootings to advance certain agendas that include marginalizing the very property rights upon which our free republic was founded. While I am certainly alarmed by the recent tragedies that have taken place in our schools, I don't understand how passing further gun control legislation will deter crime when most existing gun laws are barely enforced.

Please be assured that I oppose any further restrictions on our Second Amendment rights and any attempts by certain agenda-driven organizations to diminish the Second Amendment's importance.

Thank you again for contacting me regarding this important issue. Please continue to keep me informed of your concerns.

Sincerely,

John A. Boehner  

---------------------

I'm sure its canned but at least there was a quick reply.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 5:41:48 AM EDT
[#35]
I don't know if this has been posted yet, cause I'm too lazy to read through all the damn pages... but here it is.

www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_102081.asp

The Blog Heard 'Round The Industry
Jim Zumbo angers firearm enthusiasts
by Jim Shepherd
posted February 20, 2007

Jim Zumbo, Hunting Editor for Outdoor Life magazine, angered firearms enthusiasts across the country with a weekend blog posting. His blog has now been suspended and sponsors are severing ties with Zumbo in spite of his apology.
This article is provided by Jim Shepherd in association with the "Outdoor Wire," a feed service specializing in the outdoor industry.

Legendary hunting writer Jim Zumbo has incurred the wrath of thousands of shooting enthusiasts with a weekend posting on his now-suspended blog for Outdoor Life magazine.

In the posting, Zumbo said "assault rifles" (or "terrorist" rifles as he went on to refer to them) had "no place" among "our hunting community." Adding that in his "humble opinion…these things have no place in hunting" because "We don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them, which is an obvious concern."

Zumbo went on to say "game departments should ban them from the praries (sic) and woods."

That kicked off a firestorm among owners of so-called "black rifles". Within hours, internet sites had reproduced the offending blog, kicking off thousands of angry emails and internet postings.

Subsequently, in what may one day be classified as the worst apology ever written (aptly titled "I was wrong, BIG TIME") Zumbo attempted to soothe readers, attributing his remarks to being tired following a long day of hunting coyotes in extreme weather conditions.

He went on recount his 40 years of NRA membership and the United States Sportsmen's Alliance, an organization, which, he wrote, "actively fights anti-hunters and animal rights groups for hunter's rights." He also told readers he had plans to go hunting with an AR-style rifle to give them a try.

At that point, however, there was little, if anything, that would assuage an angry horde of electronically mobilized AR fans. They considered Zumbo's remarks as being tantamount to a sellout, with Zumbo offering up "black rifles" as a sacrificial lamb for anti-gun forces.

In an appearance on Tom Gresham's national radio show "Gun Talk" Sunday afternoon, Zumbo attempted to apologize, but listeners didn't seem to be buying his verbal apology. If anything, any attempt to assuage them only fanned the flames of outrage.

Over the course of the afternoon and evening, various executives associated with Zumbo posted their own comments on his blog site, attempting to deflect the anger at directed at Zumbo away from their companies.

It didn't work.

Instead, they found themselves under attack with angry feedback calling for everything from a boycott of all Remington products (a pair of Remington execs were mentioned as having been with Zumbo on his now ill-fated hunting trip) to cancellation of Outdoor Life magazine subscriptions and campaigns against all companies with connections to Zumbo.

Yesterday morning, responding to an onslaught of negative publicity, Remington CEO and President Tommy Millner released a statement severing "all sponsorship ties with Mr. Zumbo, effective immediately."

Zumbo was entitled to his opinion, Millner wrote, but the inflammatory comments were solely his and did not reflect the views of Remington.

"Remington has spent tens of millions of dollars defending our Second Amendment rights to privately own and possess firearms, " wrote Millner, "and we will continue to vigorously fight to protect these rights. As hunters and shooters of all interest levels, we should strive to utilize this unfortunate occurrence to unite as a whole in support of our Second Amendment rights."

In conclusion, Millner expressed regret at the termination of a long-standing relationship with a "well-respected writer and life-long hunter."

Outdoor Life announced they were discontinuing the "Hunting With Zumbo" blog "for the time being" due to the "controversy surrounding Jim Zumbo's latest postings."

Their notice went on to remind readers "Outdoor Life has always been, and will always be, a steadfast supporter of our Second Amendment rights which do not make distinctions based on the looks of the firearms we choose to own, shoot and take hunting."

Yesterday, anyone who didn't comment risked being lumped in with anti-gun forces. Any voices calling for reason and tolerance found themselves shouted down. And those writers professing support for Mr. Zumbo privately certainly weren't willing to go on the record with that support.

Additionally, Cabela's has not yet dropped their sponsorship of the Jim Zumbo Outdoors television show, Cabela's Frank Ross is being quoted as having said their legal department is "currently reviewing contractual obligations and commitments regarding our sponsorship of the Jim Zumbo Outdoors television show. "

"Jim's comments are as unfortunate as they are inappropriate," said National Shooting Sports Foundation president Doug Painter. "No one should divide firearms into good-gun, bad-gun categories."

Zumbo's ill-considered blog may not have been intended to create good-gun, bad-gun categories, but it has certainly raised firebrand rhetoric to an art form. Rather than hunters being supported by recreational and competitive shooting enthusiasts, they have now become "Fudds" to shooters who feel they have been labeled "terrorists" by a "hard-core hunter."

It's truly not a pretty picture, but may observers say it accurately reflects a widening gap between "traditional" and "non-traditional" shooting enthusiasts.

With Congress reconsidering the Assault Weapon Ban and Connecticut and New Jersey considering legislation that would limit handgun purchases to one per month, this latest schism is already being used as further evidence of the "need" to regulate firearms -all firearms - more stringently.

Jim Shepherd
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 6:08:22 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I don't know if this has been posted yet, cause I'm too lazy to read through all the damn pages... but here it is.

www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_102081.asp

The Blog Heard 'Round The Industry
Jim Zumbo angers firearm enthusiasts
by Jim Shepherd
posted February 20, 2007

Jim Zumbo, Hunting Editor for Outdoor Life magazine, angered firearms enthusiasts across the country with a weekend blog posting. His blog has now been suspended and sponsors are severing ties with Zumbo in spite of his apology.
This article is provided by Jim Shepherd in association with the "Outdoor Wire," a feed service specializing in the outdoor industry.

[snip]

Zumbo's ill-considered blog may not have been intended to create good-gun, bad-gun categories, but it has certainly raised firebrand rhetoric to an art form. Rather than hunters being supported by recreational and competitive shooting enthusiasts, they have now become "Fudds" to shooters who feel they have been labeled "terrorists" by a "hard-core hunter."

It's truly not a pretty picture, but may observers say it accurately reflects a widening gap between "traditional" and "non-traditional" shooting enthusiasts.

With Congress reconsidering the Assault Weapon Ban and Connecticut and New Jersey considering legislation that would limit handgun purchases to one per month, this latest schism is already being used as further evidence of the "need" to regulate firearms -all firearms - more stringently.

Jim Shepherd

To all those that still don't get what all the fuss is about (Macman, you listening???), THAT'S what it's all about.  Way to go Dumbo!  Thanks for helping the libtards in taking our rights away!

Merlin
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 6:11:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Remember Charlton Heston's famous statement :

http://www.thegunzone.com/rkba/rkba-47.html

"In the hands of a genuine newsman, it could have been a broadcaster's career-maker!

On 6 May 1997, shortly after his brilliantly engineered "overnight" ascension to the First Vice-Presidency of the National Rifle Association at the annual Members Meeting in Seattle, Hollywood icon Charlton Heston said in an early drive-time (8:00-9:00 a.m.) interview on San Francisco's ABC radio affiliate KGO-AM...

AK-47's are inappropriate for private ownership, of course.
KGO's anchor/host Ted Wygant, clearly unprepared for such a startling announcement by the freshly elected NRA official, attempted to forge ahead with his scripted talking point: "...the fire power of these weapons is far more than a hunter or a homeowner would need. Why is it necessary to have those guns available anyway?"

I just got through telling you. The possession... private possession... of AK-47's is entirely inappropriate.
Wygant, giving sad evidence that the days of genuine broadcasting newsmen are a thing of the past, still didn't "get" the story he'd just uncovered, and continued along his original line of questioning, asking Heston: "...(G)uns that go beyond what a hunter would need. In other words, why does the NRA support guns that have overkill? Let's put it that way. Shouldn't there be some sort of limit?" Heston, speaking by telephone from his home in Southern California, never deviated from his own agenda, responded:

Well, for any certain time, AK-47's are entirely inappropriate for private ownership.... "

End Quote.

Then again in 2002 he said this :

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/661606/posts

Guns Make NRA President "Nervous"

by Angel Shamaya

April 6, 2002

KeepAndBearArms.com — NRA President Charleton Heston has once again done a disservice to defenders of the Real Second Amendment, this time by telling a large drive-time radio audience in Los Angeles that AK-47's and guns like them make him "nervous."

Mr. Heston was interviewed by Los Angeles talkshow host Larry Elder (KABC-AM 790, April 2, 2002 show, 5pm Hour). During the show, Mr. Elder took callers, and one of the callers asked Mr. Heston about his anti-AK47 statements made on California radio back in 1997. We received reports of the statements Mr. Heston made and are waiting for a transcript, and hopefully an audio recording, to archive a record of this latest interview, verbatim.

Following are reports from a listener who heard this report and who also happens to be affiliated with the local NRA Members Council — and from the talkshow host himself, Larry Elder.

NRA Member's Report:

"Mr. Heston stated that such firearms made him nervous, but he was not for barring ownership of them. He essentially said that firearms like the AK-47 scared him."

Larry Elder's Confirmation, sent to me personally:

"He said something to the effect that this kind of firearm makes him nervous when owned by inexperienced people, and that they possess more firepower than he feels necessary for hunting and self-defense. BUT, he would not outlaw them."

If Charleton Heston isn't for outlawing "assault weapons," why didn't he lift a finger in his own home state when they were being banned?

Pay attention to the fact that the President of the National Rifle Association holds that the Second Amendment is about hunting and self defense.

Such talk is not foreign to Mr. Heston's lips. In 1997, he said "private possession of AK-47's is entirely inappropriate." Read that transcript below, along with what passed for a retraction.

end of site

This is one reason why I do not support the NRA.  

They just keep on trying to placate the anti-gun politicians and NGOs.

Kissing-up to one's enemies is a recipe for disaster.

I have a question for Heston, the Brady Bunch, Hillary, Obama, Feinstein, Ed Kennedy, R. Schumer, as well as all of the dunderheads who think the 2nd Amendment is about hunting: What is the appropriate tool with which Joe Citizen will be forced to deal with the Hamas and Hezbolah type terror attacks at Malls, Schools, Grocery Stores, Gas Stations, Banks, Movie Theaters, etc. which law enforement has been warned of on a continuing basis?
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 6:25:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 6:33:34 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Old Painless is living proof that old cool guys can enjoy cool old toys.

Sorry. Had to fix it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 6:40:02 AM EDT
[#40]
So much venom for a fellow hunter and shooter who says something stupid and then apologizes for it.

If only we could mobilize like this against our true enemies - Hillary, Nancy, Ted and Chuck.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 6:48:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
snip

snip

That is as damaging as it is wrong.

The way I read it, it seems as if all hunters are being outcast.

Some emails need sent this guy's way.

eta: I can't seem to find an email for Mr Shepard.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 6:52:19 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
So much venom for a fellow hunter and shooter who says something stupid and then apologizes for it.

Quick summary of Zumbo's apology:

"Well gee guys, apparently I stuck my foot in my mouth and I'm really sorry I got caught.
Here's a laundry list of excuses for what I did...and besides, you guys are a bunch of meanies and are calling me names.  

But to show you I'm your friend, I'll go hunting with Ted Nugent.  That means I'm really on your side.  Okay?

Your friend, Jim."

Well, I know I'm impressed.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:13:49 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Well gee guys, apparently I stuck my foot in my mouth and I'm really sorry I got caught.
Here's a laundry list of excuses for what I did...and besides, you guys are a bunch of meanies and are calling me names.  

But to show you I'm your friend, I'll go hunting with Ted Nugent.  That means I'm really on your side.  Okay?

Your friend, Jim."

P.S. I fly a flag.

There ya go, all better now.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:14:07 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

If only we could mobilize like this against our true enemies - Hillary, Nancy, Ted and Chuck.

He didn't apologize for shit. He did not say he was sorry for the terrorist remark. He did not apologize for the "let's divorce ourselves from them" comment. And he did not apologize for the "ban" comment. All he did was offer excuses.

The elitist dolt was prepared to offer our heads on a platter for appeasement to the gun grabbers.

He is sorry he opened his mouth, not for his words.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:16:34 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your friend, Jim."

P.S. I fly a flag.

There ya go, all better now.

Perfect!!!

Thanks for the edit.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:32:10 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Big difference. Hillary, Nancy, Ted and Chuck are our openly declared and avowed enemies. This Zumbo fella was supposed to be one of ours.

Not much worse historically than a traitor to a cause.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Well we have a lot more to do to get this Genie "Genius" back in the bottle.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 8:03:22 AM EDT
[#48]
USA Today, front page - Police beef up armory. In the article they put the reason to upgrade to the fact the AWB was allowed to lapse. And finally at the bottom of the article is a word from Sigarms saying no, it's due to 9/11 and terorists for why they upgraded. Say you're sorry again Zumbo, I still won't believe it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 8:05:16 AM EDT
[#49]
"Mossy Oak Brand Camo has ended all sponsorship ties with Mr. Zumbo effective immediately."

http://www.mossyoak.com/content.asp?id=1460&catID=153§ion=hc
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
"Mossy Oak Brand Camo has ended all sponsorship ties with Mr. Zumbo effective immediately."

http://www.mossyoak.com/content.asp?id=1460&catID=153§ion=hc

All I'm getting is a server error.  Can you post a screenshot please?
Page / 30
Top Top