Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/25/2007 1:42:17 PM EDT
God it took forever to get an account approved here. Anyway, you guys seemed to be my biggest fans, so for the last few days I've been trying to get on here so I can say thanks and that it made my day to see threads about it, especially the firemissions.

I didn't do this, but it's my favorite momento from the whole thing:

http://whatbrick.googlepages.com/evil-rifle.jpg

Damn shame the Brady Bunch got it closed down before this Petzal thing came out or I'd have made a new blog praising that guy. Considering I was getting 10k uniques per day on the blog, it could have amped things up on him a tad.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:44:34 PM EDT
[#1]
other than photoshopping Oleg Volk's photographs, it had it's moments.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
other than photoshopping Oleg Volk's photographs, it had it's moments.

I don't know who's been feeding you misinformation, but I wasn't involved with that part. Personally I found the photochops hilarious though.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#3]
tag

NCT!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
tag

+1
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Second, I hereby create a second Zumbo contest, multimedia version. Here's my starting entry: zumbowned.ytmnd.com

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Sweet...
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Second, I hereby create a second Zumbo contest, multimedia version. Here's my starting entry: zumbowned.ytmnd.com

Thats great ,benny hill theme too
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

you're a day late and a dollar short for the zumbo rips.

Petzal's just riding on the coattails of the Zumbo hysteria.  The guy's never been more read than when he attempted to defend Zumbo's comments.

Right now, the vast majority of anybody who cares one iota on this site is focusing their efforts on HR1022.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

you're a day late and a dollar short for the zumbo rips.

Petzal's just riding on the coattails of the Zumbo hysteria.  The guy's never been more read than when he attempted to defend Zumbo's comments.

Right now, the vast majority of anybody who cares one iota on this site is focusing their efforts on HR1022.

Don't blame me, blame whoever is in charge of approving accounts.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#10]
That is a funny photoshop.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#11]
How many people printed out the Long Distance Murder Rifle blog and showed it to some Fudds? I'm going to redo the whole thing with a copysetter and have it mocked up as a 2011 Brady Campaign press release, with a foreward exulting over the passed Assault Weapons Ban.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#12]
who are you??
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
who are you??

+1

You caused a major shitstorm. I think you it to us to tell us who you are.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:
who are you??

I'm the guy who posed as the official Brady Campaign myspace for a solid three day weekend and some change while they sat on their ass and did absolutely nothing about it. NOTHING. Ok, some chick named Kelli myspace-messaged me and asked if I was a supporter and told me that "the page had been hacked," but I had zero contact from anyone related to the Bradys otherwise, except for Zumboleg Volk. But he's another story.

Does anyone have a copy of the Zumbo comments? I want to see how many times "ZOMG THE BRADY CAMPAIGN IS ALREADY USING YOUR WORDS ZUMBO" or something to that effect was used.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#15]
You got a bunch of folks panties in bunches. It was like slamming my head into a wall around here trying to convince some of them it wasn't real! There are probably a few that still think you are part of brady.

Personally, I thought you did a good job of "writing the enemy". That would have been difficult for me to put aside my views in order to portray them. You got a bunch of folks mobilized too. I'm still hoping though, that you had nothing to do with Zumbo's canning from his sponsors.

Good show.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#16]
First, people are going to be using "What the official brady blog said" for years now. Journalists suck at fact checking about this sort of thing, I'm surprised no one managed to get an article in the pipe about this.

Second, I did Zumbo a bit of a favor. The Brady Bunch won't be able to use his words without dredging up the sleeper concepts I attached to them in the later blogs.

So, if they bring up Zumbo's Terrorist Rifles comment, they'll also be bringing up Long Distance Murder Rifles and Ban .22s.

Area Denial. Learn it, love it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
but I had zero contact from anyone related to the Bradys otherwise, except for Zumboleg Volk. But he's another story.

???
Did I miss something?  What's the connection between Zumbo and Oleg Volk???
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#18]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
but I had zero contact from anyone related to the Bradys otherwise, except for Zumboleg Volk. But he's another story.

???
Did I miss something?  What's the connection between Zumbo and Oleg Volk???

height=8
Apparently, someone recreated the brady campaign myspace after it was deleted. I doubt it was hacked. To delete a myspace requires email confirmation. I think the staffer manning it got tired of everyone constantly messaging and flaming them and decided to pull it. Or, maybe it WAS genuinely hacked by the first person to begin using the URL for "fun". I do not know.

The person who recreated simply must have taken an old myspace account they had and registered the url, then they hotlinked up some images on it that were parodies of Oleg Volk's posters from a-human-right, and claimed the page had been "hacked" by members of thehighroad.org.

I would note that from personal observation, at this point the /bradycampaign myspace had the username of, and I quote "Trippin' 69."

Oleg springs into action and contacts this myspace account over myspace. At this point the myspace was STILL named "Trippin' 69" and still had the user image of a bald, muscular man with tattoos and a large gold chain.

Oleg's message to the myspace account is as following:
http://i15.tinypic.com/3yevr5d.jpg

Yes, you read it right. Oleg tripped over himself to try to sell ME out to the Brady Campaign (AKA Trippin' 69) over the slightest piece of circumstantial evidence without even verifying that he was giving my personal information out to the right commie totalitarians. I will readily admit that my attitude wasn't a good match for thehighroad.org, but I am NOT a troll. No one outside of his little group of mods and internet buddies thinks of me as a troll. Groupthink in action.

A few days after Oleg was in contact with the phony brady campaign, I get a phonecall from that person where they basically told me that Oleg Volk had just given them my address, and number.

The name, however, is not my name. It was the name of my father, who died in front of me when I was fourteen.

Cue deep, burning rage. In fact, except for the fact that Oleg lives a little further than a two hour drive away, at that moment I was prepared to do violent and illegal things to that ukrainian turd who apparently thinks that the behavior of quislings in gulags who sell out their enemies is something to emulate.

Anyway, I didn't like the phone conversation but I gave them my email for a picture-proof of the message. Instead, I got the login and password.

Which I changed, because I didn't like them and I wanted to be on top of any new messages from Mr. Quisling.

Then, the Zumbo story broke, and I decided to make a blog from the Brady Campaign, praising him for his bold stance. I sent it to three people and all hell promptly broke loose.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm glad thats out I didn't know how long I could keep my trap shut!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll step up and defend Oleg on this one.  He has lived the nightmare that many of us think about when we think of gun control.  No one is more on our side than Oleg Volk.

How could you misconstrue what he has out there?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#21]
For those who missed it:

height=8
Monday, February 19, 2007 2:11 PM

Even Remington's top gun writer agrees on Assault Weapons

With important writers such as this on our side, it is clear that we have a cultural imperative to remove dangerous terrorist rifles from our streets, and our woods.

Jim Zumbo is a writer for the prestigious Outdoor Life magazine and represents the views of America's true sportsmen. He is also sponsored by Remington.

http://outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/2007/02/assault_rifles_.html

Assault Rifles For Hunters?
As I write this, I'm hunting coyotes in southeastern Wyoming with Eddie Stevenson, PR Manager for Remington Arms, Greg Dennison, who is senior research engineer for Remington, and several writers. We're testing Remington's brand new .17 cal Spitfire bullet on coyotes.

I must be living in a vacuum. The guides on our hunt tell me that the use of AR and AK rifles have a rapidly growing following among hunters, especially prairie dog hunters. I had no clue. Only once in my life have I ever seen anyone using one of these firearms.

I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are "tackdrivers."

Sorry, folks, in my humble opinion, these things have no place in hunting. We don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them, which is an obvious concern. I've always been comfortable with the statement that hunters don't use assault rifles. We've always been proud of our "sporting firearms."

This really has me concerned. As hunters, we don't need the image of walking around the woods carrying one of these weapons. To most of the public, an assault rifle is a terrifying thing. Let's divorce ourselves from them. I say game departments should ban them from the praries and woods.    

height=8
Monday, February 19, 2007 2:09 AM

The tragic proliferation of Sniper Rifles

I would like to take a moment to comment on the proliferation of Sniper Rifles.
Sniper Rifles are typically equipped with a high-powered scope, and every single one of them can blow through the body armor cops wear. They can even penetrate multiple police cars. Does the Second Amendment protect cop-killer Sniper Rifles? The NRA certainly thinks so, along with the powerful gun lobby that wants your children and your law enforcement officers to be at risk from these weapons of mass destruction. Some of these Sniper Rifles can even penetrate ballistic or armored glass, lightly armored vehicles, and armored limousines. Senator Ted Kennedy attempted to solve this with an important bill that would have banned armor piercing ammunition and protected lawful firearm commerce:

"Another rifle caliber, the 30.30 caliber, was responsible for penetrating three officers' armor and killing them in 1993, 1996, and 2002. This ammunition is also capable of puncturing light-armored vehicles, ballistic or armored glass, armored limousines, even a 600-pound safe with 600 pounds of safe armor plating.....

..It is outrageous and unconscionable that such ammunition continues to be sold in the United States of America.."

Should our elected officials live under the threat of reprisal on their lives from disgruntled constituents? The Gun Lobby seems to think so. We disagree.

Sniper Rifles can be equipped with precision optics above even what the Military uses, allowing a sniper to deliver rounds within millimeters of accuracy - enabling them to engage targets at distances of well over one hundred meters. Is there a pressing need to be able to kill with accuracy at that distance? It is too far to justify as self defense. It is too far for hunting. It is only useful for those who wish to murder from afar.

Large caliber Sniper Rifles such as the .50 Browning Machine Gun can derail freight cars, shoot down aircraft and helicopters, damage vital ground equipment such as power substations, fuel tanks, and air traffic control, and cause complete chaos. For more information on why large caliber machine-gun rounds must be banned, visit http://www.50caliberterror.com. A shipment of large caliber machine-gun round sniper rifles made by Steyr turned up in Iran, and are being used on our own soldiers, as the .50 bullets easily defeat their body armor, their up-armored humvees, and even APCs.

Many forward thinking, progressive politicians such as Ted Kennedy, Chuck Schumer, Barbara Boxer, Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama have voted against Center-Fire Rifle Ammunition of types for Sniper Rifles, but due to the pressure and massive financial resources of the gun industry, the necessary steps to protect our homes and lives have not been attained.

Sniper Rifles have been used by murderers and spree killers for years, with notable incidents such as the Beltway Snipers, the Clocktower Sniper, and more.

ANY rifle configured and equipped as a sniper rifle has no sporting purpose especially as a hunting rifle. They are too big and heavy to take to the field. Designed for distance shooting, they are useless for the ranges at which game animals are normally shot, and when used on sporting sized game at range they often just wound the animal, inhumanely forcing it to die slowly while the would-be hunter tracks it to finish it off. Most Sniper Rifles fire atypically large cartridges and ultra high velocity ammunition that can travel much greater distances that standard ammunition. The danger imposed from missed shots and ricochetes from these specialty rounds is unreasonable.

Most of these rifles carry multiple rounds, with either an automatic mechanism, or a quick toggle action to rapidly move another bullet into the breech, ready to fire into another victim. In most states, they are nearly unrestricted. Anyone over the age of 18 can buy one. If they can't pass a background check, they skirt the NCIS system by going to a gunshow, or finding a private sale in the newspaper. A murderer camped at a distance from a public gathering could quickly turn it into a massacre dwarfing anything we have seen before in the United States, if they had a Sniper Rifle. If they adopted hit and run tactics, entire portions of our country could be shut down.

Sniper Rifles shoot a high powered bullet that is almost always fatal. They are designed for one thing- delivering powerful overkill with deadly precision. You don't need the kind of power and accuracy that can kill a man at five hundred yards for hunting rabbits or defending your house.

We should also give commendations to France because many years ago they designated any firearm capable of shooting military ammunition as a military arm, illegal to posess without a special permit and unlawful to use for hunting. The 223, 308, 7mm mauser, 30-06, and 6.5x55 have no place in the hunting fields of France. Firearms shooting these calibers are military weapons only designed for killing PEOPLE and should be kept out of the hands of the general population. Because they have no hunting purpose, there is no reason for civilians to own them.

Every state in the USA has hunting equipment rules that limit the caliber of firearm used to take game. They also limit the types of rifles, length, magazine capacity, etc. States should amend these hunting regulations to restrict the use of "sniper" rifles, specialty "sniper" cartridges, and "sniper" ammunition. Limits on weight, barrel length, bipods and tripods, thumbhole stocks and pistol grips, night vision type scopes, scopes of excessive magnification, super magnum and high velocity ammunition, and military slings should be imposed. They have no place in the hunting fields of America and hunting usage should not be used as an argument for civilians to own such firearms and weapons. There are more than ample hunting rifles, cartridges, and rounds of ammunition to choose from without them.

Let us hope that in a safer, saner America, we will succeed in our efforts to restrict the deadly spread of long distance murder rifles.

height=8

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 8:26 PM
The most common killers may surprise you
Once again today, we are all struggling with reports about terrible losses of lives to gun violence.  What a disturbed teenager in Utah and a tormented businessman in Pennsylvania have in common is that they had access to guns.  Horrific mass killings cannot be committed with knives or baseball bats or bare fists.  Weak gun laws have led to a glut of weapons on the streets.  And as a result, bitter human frustrations lead to gun violence.  Anger leads to killings.  When will our Nation wake up and confront the tragic reality that we make it far too easy for dangerous people to have access to guns?

In Utah, two 28-year-old women, a 15-year-old girl, a 52-year-old man and 24-year-old man were killed by a shotgun-toting gunman.

Shotguns fire an extremely lethal large caliber round that delivers either a cloud of bullets (shot) or a single large slug. Sawed off and assault shotguns are popular with gangs and terrorists engaged in urban warfare- they have enormous knockdown power, and they don't even need to be aimed as the hail of shot will takes precision out of the equation. All it takes is ten minutes with a hacksaw and a shotgun can be turned into highly compact, concealable mayhem.

Shotguns used in World War One were so lethal, that governments such as Germany lobbied to ban them from organized warfare, because they were inhumane and extraordinarily dangerous.

The gun industry continues to try to market weapons such as the Jackhammer automatic shotgun, Streetsweepers, and other deadly weaponry that was deemed so dangerous, it isn't even labeled a firearm. They are destructive devices and regulated by the National Firearms Act. Does a "Destructive Device" sound like something you go duck hunting with? Unfortunately, with a few cosmetic tweaks, the same lethal weapons are manufactured for "sporting purposes."

Shotguns aren't the only deadly killer that the gun lobby has tried to wrap up in the American flag, history, and apple pie. What caliber kills more people every year in the U.S. than any other?

The .22.

22s are commonly found in three flavors. 22 short, 22 long and 22 Long Rifle. All of them are lethal. Most Saturday Night Specials come in .22 caliber. These handguns are not useful for sport or self-defense because their short barrels make them inaccurate and their low quality of construction make them dangerous and unreliable. They are, however, favored by criminals because of their low cost and easy concealability.

Let us repeat: more people are killed by the .22 every year, than any other caliber.

.22 are indeed deadly in shots to the body, because they don't go through entirely and they bounce off bones, creating more havoc. They have the ability to penetrate through gaps in law enforcement officer's kevlar, such as at the sides. If a .22 bullet enters the head, it will fatally ricochet around in the skull.

.22s are also the most easy of all the rounds to use with a silencer. They are a favorite of assassins performing mob kills, using a semi-automatic .22 or a revolver chambered in that caliber along with a silencer.

Creative criminals create penguins, cell-phone guns, knife guns, and more, all using the .22. It is truly the most dangerous of all calibers in terms of human cost per year, if not in mass and size. The tiny .22 can travel over a mile, and this fact is bragged about in promotional literature.

Many people are killed and injured by stray rounds traveling through the air and striking innocent victims, even children. Often people in the country will shoot off the back of their porch - exercising their rights, no doubt - and end up causing deadly harm to someone else's family.

Do cut-down shotguns and silenced .22s belong on our streets, or in our schools? Should criminals have a ready access to the more 'innocent' versions, ripe for conversion to more lethal configurations?

The Brady Campaign is making our stand to fight against the gun lobby, once and for all. We may not be able to eradicate murder in the human heart, but if we keep those who would terrorize our children and our malls from having easy access to deadly weapons, it will be worth it if but one child's life is saved.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
First, people are going to be using "What the official brady blog said" for years now. Journalists suck at fact checking about this sort of thing, I'm surprised no one managed to get an article in the pipe about this.

Second, I did Zumbo a bit of a favor. The Brady Bunch won't be able to use his words without dredging up the sleeper concepts I attached to them in the later blogs.
So, if they bring up Zumbo's Terrorist Rifles comment, they'll also be bringing up Long Distance Murder Rifles and Ban .22s.

Interesting take on the results. I hadn't thought of it like that. I've said elsewhere, but what a subversive and spook-like show. I got a kick out of it, and the ensuing poo flinging.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

That was fuckin awesome.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#24]
height=8
Quoted:
I'll step up and defend Oleg on this one.  He has lived the nightmare that many of us think about when we think of gun control.  No one is more on our side than Oleg Volk.

Yeah, and apparently he has forgotten that this isn't Soviet Russia and you don't sell people you don't like out to the Bad Guys just because of a personal grudge. In a Gulag, he'd have been the smarmy little traitor who rats dissidents out to the prison guards.

Hell, Zumbo did good things, but he blew it all. Oleg has demonstrated that he will, without hesitation, attempt to sell people he doesn't like out to the Bad Guys.

This isn't about Oleg, though. This is about using culture jamming and sabotage (ironically something he has encouraged and prased) to thwart the Antis. It's also about showing Mr. 20 rounds a year that the Antis WILL come for his Long Distance Murder Rifle next.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#25]
OST.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh, and welcome to ARFCOM!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#27]
height=8
Quoted:
OST.

You are norwegian and you felt that posting the norwegian word for cheese was a meaningful contribution?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#28]
24 hours after starting the Zumbo post, the blog has 13,000 views and climbing. Realizing that it is a three day weekend and I can probably make them look like fools for a few days in a row before any sort of reprisal, I decide to write the Tragic Proliferation of Sniper Rifles blog with the hope that it will accomplish my twofold goals of 1) making the Brady's look like gun-jumping morons and 2) a little nudge to the Hunter-only types to show that their guns are in danger too. Internet references to the Brady Campaign myspace skyrocket and I have decided that even though Volk has commited an inexcusable act that will likely permenantly damage his reputation, that it is behind me and that as a mature adult, I can just accept that some people don't like me and do stupid things because of it. In other words, I completely forgot about the whole Volk thing for the time being.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/ebolamonkey/bradyblv.jpg
-credit to blacklisted

After the Sniper Rifles blog, all hell broke loose. I turned comment approval on 1/2 hour after posting it, and after that the pending comments kept rolling in at a steady rate of over one hundred per hour.

I turned them off because a) it might look suspicious for so many progun comments and b) everyone would be reading the comments and not my satire.

This is the point where people started quoting the Brady Myspace all over and the hits really started rolling in. I decided to see if I could invoke arfcom. (I've lurked the general forum a few times, coincidentally with a few memes, so I know of stuff like Squatdog, etc)

I told a gentleman in the comments that I doubted that he could take a full power shot from me. Within minutes, Squatdog's myspace (!) replied.

There was also a 16 year old girl who posted a well reasoned comment. I approved it because females were accounting for less than 1% of contacts. Then this guy in his 40s commented her comment asking her to go shooting with him. Definitely caught some flack for my next move, but I stand by my statement.

I decided to make more and more ridiculous blogs until no one could take it seriously. My next target? .22s and shotguns. After that, I planned to go for blackpowder weapons, because anyone can create a bomb with blackpowder and because soldiers in the civil war were sniping officers at 500 yards with .75 caliber rifles.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#29]
I love it!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OST.

You are norwegian and you felt that posting the norwegian word for cheese was a meaningful contribution?

Um, yeah.

Something like that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Cool. I enjoy cheese as well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
OST.

Um, yeah.

Something like that.

He is tagging the thread.   "Old school tag"
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Ah, thank you. I am new to this "internets" thing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Culturejammer, friend, buddy, amigo.  Props.  Someone buy this guy an arfcom account.  What you did was brilliant.  F'n brilliant.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#35]
uhhh Norwegian cheese tag..............
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
uhhh Norwegian cheese tag..............

+1

I going to have to remember that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Ah, thank you. I am new to this "internets" thing.

I see you've been educated.

Nice job with the site.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Nice job!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:11:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Welcome.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#40]
height=8
Quoted:
Welcome.  

I couldn't find your post. :(
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, and apparently he has forgotten that this isn't Soviet Russia and you don't sell people you don't like out to the Bad Guys just because of a personal grudge. In a Gulag, he'd have been the smarmy little traitor who rats dissidents out to the prison guards.

Hell, Zumbo did good things, but he blew it all. Oleg has demonstrated that he will, without hesitation, attempt to sell people he doesn't like out to the Bad Guys.

This isn't about Oleg, though. This is about using culture jamming and sabotage (ironically something he has encouraged and prased) to thwart the Antis. It's also about showing Mr. 20 rounds a year that the Antis WILL come for his Long Distance Murder Rifle next.

I think it's a brilliant idea!  It's like a Second Amendment psy-op.

EDIT: Welcome to the site, fella!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Welcome.  

I couldn't find your post. :(

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=550005&page=
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#43]
The Oleg Volk photoshops were funny as hell, I don't see why he's get so upset about them.  My respect for him plummeted when he sent them the contact info for someone he suspected did it.  Sleeping with the enemy, not good.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#44]
McUzi?

Is that you?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
The Oleg Volk photoshops were funny as hell, I don't see why he's get so upset about them.  My respect for him plummeted when he sent them the contact info for someone he suspected did it.  Sleeping with the enemy, not good.  

And not just gave them contact info, but gave it in hopes that they could somehow prosecute him if I'm not mistaken.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

your kidding your self right there with that comment..... the only thing that anyone is going to reammber about this whole zumbo thing is that arfcom slammed the door onhsi ass, your so called brady site was just a blink to what happened to him.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

He's claiming on his website that he contacted the Brady Campaign about the "images." Apparently I'm the nastiest troll to hit his website, yet only he and his mod-lackeys know anything about me. Riiiight.

i16.tinypic.com/3ymiujb.jpg

I don't see anything there about any images, just my dead father's name and address. Go ahead, click the tinypic link. Tell me if you see anything about images. Once I posted the following blog, he sent me legal threats over myspace: (!)

[screenshot of message was here]
We would like to extend our appreciation towards Oleg Volk. Earlier in the week, rumors spread about a potential "hacking" of the Brady Campaign myspace account. Oleg Volk immediately stepped into action and sent us the complete contact info for someone known to him, with the hope that we could involve the federal authorities and inflict negative consequences on them. We are pleased that Oleg understands our positive influence in the gun debate and wishes to prevent bad blood or ill will between the respective organizations. Oleg Volk is progressively commited to education, dialogue and building bridges.

Although we repeat that there was no hacking of any sort, we greatly appreciate Oleg's will to turn over a member of his own cultural community on a thin hunch, in the hopes of helping us out. This act of generosity will not be overlooked.

You can let him know that you support his bold actions through the college where he is a Professor: (this part I reworked a few times for maximum verbiage)

Oleg Volk, Multimedia division
ITT Technical Institute
Nashville, TN

[email protected] or [email protected]

Oleg Volk also owns and operates the progressive firearms discussion forum, www.thehighroad.org.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

your kidding your self right there with that comment..... the only thing that anyone is going to reammber about this whole zumbo thing is that arfcom slammed the door onhsi ass, your so called brady site was just a blink to what happened to him.

I was referring to the "sniper rifles" part.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Now I feel bad about trying to tell these guys not to go off the deepend, as the myspace page was obviously satire.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#50]
I wouldn't even have outed Volk for being a sellout except that that info was being publicly posted in other places by his people in reference to the brady blog. That was the final straw and I put the hammer down.

I would have been able to continue the Brady Blog for a good while longer if he hadn't felt driven to interfere.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top