Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2007 4:05:44 PM EDT
pre deployment boredom and anxieties

multi enviroments and different lighting photos to be updated,

noted that tru spec's civilian version marpat is tested, there is slight difference in the uniforms because of usmc copywrights, but is basically unnoticable except by experts
the tru spect marpat uniform tested is "very slightly" faded from extensive use and
bdu hat is somewhat faded

shade and sun in grass

b  w shows the differences in effectiveness of the patterns themselves

after supper, concrete  
Link Posted: 4/30/2007 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I seent dat shit in a movie once. The bodies just disappeared and nuttin left bet dey clothes.
Link Posted: 4/30/2007 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmmmm...

Looks like weez need some FESCUE-PAT...
Link Posted: 4/30/2007 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been looking for pics just like this.  Can't wait to see more.

-Ben
Link Posted: 5/1/2007 1:18:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
you should try the pics from 50-300m, which are the ranges that MARPAT and Multicam are supposed to be most effective at...

when we're out in the woods and such I'll be further away in some, but the grass is more for reference of the patterns themselves and such closer up.
I did some concrete and I might post a few but I'm likely gonna redo them after buying an urban digital top.
The marines planned an urban digital as well but thought 2 uniforms was enough I guess. They have the urban digital at a local surplus store. I don't know if it will be exactly what the marines planned but considering tru spec's patterns are hard to tell from real marpat marine uniforms except to people who really know what to look for, it will likely be really close....

Link Posted: 5/1/2007 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#5]
some low light for reference, it was slightly darker than it seems, and tint appears more blueish in photos, bdu hat is somewhat faded

conclusion from these seems to be what I've known for a while, that multicam is simply to lighter in shade to be really effective in lower light in comparisom with darker camo

it's hard to say which is better in these low light photos here, the marpat has a better bluring pattern out in the open obviously, but that seems to be an advantage in some ways and a disadvantage in others because of the there's nothing to really breakup the overall shape.
But the darker shades of the bdu seems to be more effective coloring and the larger patterns of colors breakup the overall shape somewhat more.

But personally I'd go with the bdu as the better4r overall in open area low light greens...
Link Posted: 5/1/2007 10:46:07 PM EDT
[#6]
mid spring woods,
multicam, marpat, bdu

multicam

marpat

did you notice the marpat in 2nd "multicam" photo above?

bdu

amongst some rocks,
acu is added, but you'll likely not see the bdu's, although visible, or multicam which is further away than the other 3 and not really visible at all.

Link Posted: 5/1/2007 10:56:39 PM EDT
[#7]
MARPAT FTW...

Generally I think you're too close to get an objective view, but we shall see.

Link Posted: 5/4/2007 4:40:36 AM EDT
[#8]
neat
Link Posted: 5/4/2007 4:46:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Very interesting.  Thanks for taking the time to set that up and post pictures for us.

It's close between the marpat and BDU.  I may be biased because it is what I wore, but I'd say BDU.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2007 4:49:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Those are interesting pictures.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 5/4/2007 5:54:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm glad to share.
I still haven't gone to some different places I'm planning on, weather's been rough and I'll have to restuff the dummie tops. Haven't posted the concrete photos yet either.
camo's a very interesting thing to me for some reason and I've been wanting to get a few friends to wear the different camos and hide like so for but this is more convenient.
Link Posted: 5/4/2007 5:58:38 AM EDT
[#12]
It's close between the marpat and BDU. I may be biased because it is what I wore, but I'd say BDU.

the bdu is gonna be an older classic someday, it will be hard to best, even with the newer digital craze, and faded somewhat, bdu's look sort of a lot like multicam, in a way, minus the smaller spots multicam has.
Link Posted: 5/4/2007 5:58:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Interesting picks.

Good lookin dog.

Link Posted: 5/4/2007 6:03:47 AM EDT
[#14]
yep, old school bdu seems to still be the best.
Link Posted: 5/8/2007 8:16:37 PM EDT
[#15]
some I had done on concrete, shown are acu, multicam and tru spec digital woodland,
but to be fair the woodland digital marpat is not considered a universal camo as the acu and multicam are. But, it does better than the darker bdu which was disgarded in this test after a reference photo..

This was the marines version of digital urban that they didn't go with as a 3rd uniform.

The tru spec urban camo, civilain version of marine urban, not shown, seems to be void of the color greenish yellow or whatever it is in the marine urban marpat, and is more of a darker grey scale camo.

various in color and bw, in theory I'd like to go to an urban site where there is rubble

interestingly enough, the marines digital urban marpat is much like the army's acu, but with slight black and some moss green

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top