Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 8/3/2007 3:55:20 AM EDT
... what should the punishment be for women who have illegal abortions?

Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:00:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Death.. . oh the irony!
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:03:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
... what should the punishment be for women who have illegal abortions?

Sterilization.  If you're so selfish that you're willing to throw away a child's life for your own convenience, you don't get the chance to have any more.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:04:26 AM EDT
[#3]
cooter punch
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:05:16 AM EDT
[#4]
....then only illegals will have abortions?
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:05:41 AM EDT
[#5]
No punishment.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:08:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Liberals will increase by the millions
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:09:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
cooter punch

Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:11:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I had a discussion with a woman last year.

I told her that the Dems and the left use abortion as their anchor issue. But, they should be AGAINST abortion. She looked at me funny...I said, since the dems and the left are all about social assistance votes and making people dependant upon their system of welfare, they are killing their future base.

She didn't get it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:12:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No punishment.

A crime with no punishment? Wouldn't that send the message that there's nothing really wrong with it? And what would prevent women from getting them illegally if they knew there was no punishment?
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:15:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No punishment.

A crime with no punishment? Wouldn't that send the message that there's nothing really wrong with it? And what would prevent women from getting them illegally if they knew there was no punishment?

We live in a country where there are PLENTY of crimes committed with no punishment.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:20:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No punishment.

We live in a country where there are PLENTY of crimes committed with no punishment.

Name a crime for which no penalty is prescribed.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:23:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No punishment.

Prescribed or enforced?  There is a huge difference.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:25:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No punishment.

Exactly. It should not be banned. Its not like banning it will end abortions. Abortion was legalized for good reason and we shouldn't be going back down THAT road again. don't like abortions? Don't have one.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:26:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No punishment.

Thank you..not going to get into an argument. He got the point, he knew what was I saying..I should have known better than posting that in an ABORTION thread posted by Rodent.

My bad.

Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:26:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Uh, they'll just punish whoever performs the abortion (probably a man)
and leave the poor, helpless, misguided wimmenz alone.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:28:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No punishment.

Well, we can expand the topic if you like:

If abortion is made illegal,

a. what should the penalty for the crime be, and

b. should it be enforced?
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:28:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Uh, they'll just punish whoever performs the abortion (probably a man)
and leave the poor, helpless, misguided wimmenz alone.

Think about that...right now men have ZERO say what happens with their own child, but overnight they will be held responsible.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:32:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No punishment.

Well, we can expand the topic if you like:

If abortion is made illegal,

a. what should the penalty for the crime be, and

b. should it be enforced?

Who cares?

They're going to be done anyway. By doctors under the radar, or in a back alley with a coat hanger.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:34:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
....then only illegals will have abortions?

I was going to say that!
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:34:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Who cares?...

Probably the people who have them and the people who perform them, for starters.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:36:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who cares?...

Probably the people who have them and the people who perform them, for starters.

I doubt it.

You seem to forget that abortions were illegal once.

All punishment will do is drive the people who do them and the people who have them into more desperate situations, in order to break the law.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:42:43 AM EDT
[#22]
That's how liberals skew poll results.  They tailor the question and selections to fit their predetermined goals or to demonize the issue.

You need another selection in the poll.

Punishment for the person performing the abortion.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:51:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
That's how liberals skew poll results.  They tailor the question and selections to fit their predetermined goals or to demonize the issue.

The point of the poll isn't to ask "who should be punished for an illegal abortion", it's "what should the punishment be for a woman who has an illegal abortion".  It's a fair question.  If we're going to punish doctors for doing them, we should probably punish women for having them.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:53:59 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The point of the poll isn't to ask "who should be punished for an illegal abortion", it's "what should the punishment be for a woman who has an illegal abortion".  It's a fair question.  If we're going to punish doctors for doing them, we should probably punish women for having them.

We should also punish men for sticking their bare dick in a woman and busting a nut.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:54:20 AM EDT
[#25]

It should be the first crime with no associated punishment.

If thats not pandering to arfcom, I dont know what is.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:55:05 AM EDT
[#26]
If you're going to punish the woman, then punish the sperm donor too.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:56:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a discussion with a woman last year.

I told her that the Dems and the left use abortion as their anchor issue. But, they should be AGAINST abortion. She looked at me funny...I said, since the dems and the left are all about social assistance votes and making people dependant upon their system of welfare, they are killing their future base.
She didn't get it.

Do you have any data to support that?  What percentage of Democratic voters are on welfare?

My gut feeling is that most people who are such slackers that they can't work and need government assistance aren't particularly likely to go stand in line to vote.

The bluest states are those with the highest income:

taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2005/05/median_income_d.html

...though it would be interesting to see which of those states would switch to red if those on welfare didn't vote.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:59:37 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

What do you think the punishment should be for the "sperm donor" of a woman who gets an illegal abortion?
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:00:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Its a womans choice no punishment
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:00:55 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you think the punishment should be for the "sperm donor" of a woman who gets an illegal abortion?

What do you think it should be?
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:02:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Kill the one who performed it, but the chick in jail.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:05:42 AM EDT
[#32]
It shouldn't ever be made illegal, the government has no right to intrude that far into the realm of the personal.

That being said, it shouldn't be a crime for those seeking an abortion if it were against the law, the crime would be commited by those preforming it.

Of course the people that wanted them would just drive to Canada to have them done anyways so even if this came to pass it wouldn't be effective.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:09:17 AM EDT
[#33]
The punishment for the guy who donates the sticky stuff? IF the woman gets an abortion? hought
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:09:47 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
That being said, it shouldn't be a crime for those seeking an abortion if it were against the law, the crime would be commited by those preforming it.

I don't see why this should be true.  Those who think abortion should be illegal generally think so because they consider it to be killing a person.  If I hire someone to kill someone, I should be just as culpable as the person who pulls the trigger.

Why would an abortion be any different?
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:10:53 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
It shouldn't ever be made illegal, the government has no right to intrude that far into the realm of the personal.

Yup, and we should leave Michael Vick alone, we are venturing into his personsal realm.

Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:13:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Those that murder for hire ->Capital Murder (Death/20-Life)
Those that seek murder-> Capital Murder/2nd degee Homicide (The 2nd degree would ony apply to those that were corerced)
Those that corerce or pressure a woman to murder-> Capital Murder/2nd Degree Homicide

Murder is murder regardless of the age of the victim, I know this is coming from the woman that murderd 4 of her  babies news story, if that dosen't point out the absurd notion that abortion is not murder than nothing will.  You have a woman facing multiple felony counts that would have been just fine had she paid somone to do it
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:18:37 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

How can you punish him when he has no say in the matter? For all we know, he wanted to have kids or was at least perfectly willing to raise and support the kids resulting from what he did.

Is getting the abortion the woman's choice, or not? If it is entirely her choice, then the "sperm donor" has no say in the decision and cannot be punished. If it is his choice too, he could be punished, but that would be a hell of a mess to enforce.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:26:31 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you think it should be?

Punishing a man who impregnates a woman who then gets an abortion strikes me as analogous to punishing Ford for manufacturing a car which is eventually used in a robbery.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:27:16 AM EDT
[#39]
I believe in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.  The same Constitution that allows we gun owners our right to bear arms gives a woman her freedom of choice as well.  And that includes her right to choose whether or not she want's to have an abortion.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:27:20 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No punishment.

Exactly. It should not be banned. Its not like banning it will end abortions. Abortion was legalized for good reason and we shouldn't be going back down THAT road again. don't like abortions? Don't have one.

Really? As I recall, the Supreme Court made up a new right to arbitrarily make it legal. That is exactly the type of judicial activism we have complained about. A good reason for making it legal would be our elected representatives voting to make it so. The Supreme Court has no right to legislate from the bench in this manner, and neither can any of us.

If you think that it should be an official Constitutional right, then there is a process for making it so via Constitutional Amendment. If you can't muster up the support for that, then too bad.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:27:46 AM EDT
[#41]
If abortion is made illegal on the basis that human life begins at conception and should be protected, then the punishment should be the same as if the mother had held down her postnatal child and allowed an abortionist to chop the child into pieces  - just as it is done in the womb as seen here.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:28:40 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I believe in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.  The same Constitution that allows we gun owners our right to bear arms gives a woman her freedom of choice as well.  And that includes her right to choose whether or not she want's to have an abortion.

Wow
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:39:44 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow

What?

Haven't you heard of the 86th Amendment..........

" the right to end the life of a fetus, shall not be infringed"
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:39:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Jesus Christ!  What is the big fucking deal with abortion?  I've never seen such a stink made about such a trivial matter.  The gun debate can get heated, but firearms dealers aren't regularly drug out and killed while their places of business are burned.  If you aren't the father, a woman's decision about abortion has no bearing on you at all.  Leave it alone.  I usually don't get all worked up about stuff that doesn't have anything to do with me.  Just like the gays.  If they want to marry, let them.  It's not like it has anything to do with me.  If it was up to me, I'd let a woman get an abortion for any reason at any time up until it's universally recognized that the fetus can live on it's own out of the womb.  If everybody adhered to the philosophy of "Worry about your own shit," the world would be a much better place.  Lets just drop it.  There's too many kids in the world as it is.  

But anyway, back on topic, if abortion was illegal, the coat hanger method would come back.  Good luck on catching anybody.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:41:19 AM EDT
[#45]
The no punishment option is for those of us who know it shouldn't be illegal, methinks.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:44:46 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
..I should have known better than posting that in an ABORTION thread posted by Rodent. My bad.

I think you have me confused with somebody else. I don't have a strong opinion about abortion.

Quoted:

It should be the first crime with no associated punishment.

If thats not pandering to arfcom, I dont know what is.

Not sure what you mean here. I worded that poll option that way because the knee-jerk reaction to the question seems to be "no punishment", yet there's really no such thing as a crime that doesn't have a prescribed punishment.

The thread poses a legitimate question that not many (including me) have put much thought into, especially considering what an emotional topic abortion can be.

Should we kill women who have abortions because they committed murder? There's some serious irony there.

Should there be no punishment for abortions? Then it's not really a crime, is it?

Something in between? What?

No need to read any more into the question than that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:46:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Punishment for getting an abortion?  Nono, you have it all wrong.  It should be mandatory until three things can be proven: stable income high enough to give the proper care necessary for a child; stable state of mind and a high enough level of intelligence to properly care for a child; and both parents need to be directly involved in raising the child.

If you cannot meet these requirements, mandatory abortion.

Yes, I know this will piss off most of the people in this thread.  No, I'm not saying this to create a shitstorm.  This is my belief, and I don't see it any more absurd than the beliefs of those who think it should be illegal.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:48:27 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
The no punishment option is for those of us who know it shouldn't be illegal, methinks.

The hypothetical question assumes that abortion IS illegal. I just put the two extremes of punishment at the top and bottom of the poll - "Death" and "No Punishment".

(Unfortunately, I forgot about "Cooter Punch", and I can't edit the poll now...)
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:54:11 AM EDT
[#49]

I've never seen such a stink made about such a trivial matter.

Let me guess, you are upset that Michael Vick killed and abused some dogs right?

If you think human life is trivial, please get off my planet.

Link Posted: 8/3/2007 6:03:54 AM EDT
[#50]
I've become pro-choice. I think it's wrong, I think it's terrible, but I accept it because liberal women are more likely to have abortions. Children who are raised liberal are more likely to grow up to be liberal. Some liberals irritate the holy shit out of me, so I think of abortion and smile at them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top