Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2007 9:48:15 PM EDT
Alright heres the deal.

I'm up late writing a 5 page essay on The Phenomenon of Poverty, and I am friggin starvin.

Check the fridge, and WAALAAH!

Some boudin my friend brought me back from his last trip to see the family in the swamps.

1/2lb of Boudin ( Pronounced Boo-Dan) hand delivered from Louisiana by a friend.
Cock sauce (FTW)
Diet Coke ( sorry, no bourbon)

DPMS AR

ETA: Not bad for a coonass eh?
Link Posted: 9/2/2007 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll give you a 5 out of 10. No napkin, no tacticool knife, no side arm and no spare mag. Good try though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2007 9:50:41 PM EDT
[#2]
First in with a mmmmmmmmmmm

9.5.  I like mine cooked on the grill until they're a bit black and crispy.

Link Posted: 9/2/2007 9:51:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks better than the pizza I'm eatin right now.  10, just because I'm in an AR mood.
Link Posted: 9/2/2007 9:55:46 PM EDT
[#4]
-10 for the Starbucks coffee.

sorry dude.
Link Posted: 9/2/2007 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'll give you a 5 out of 10. No napkin, no tacticool knife, no side arm and no spare mag. Good try though.

C'mon man. Its almost 1am.

Had a hard enough time explaining to the groggy wife why I was gettin the AR from under the bed at 1am.

ETA: There is too a napkin under the fork!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2007 9:56:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Gotta love the blood sausage.  Soooo good.
Link Posted: 9/2/2007 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
-10 for the Starbucks coffee.

sorry dude.

Hey that was a gift from the inlaws for Christmas. Its still there!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2007 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Had a hard enough time explaining to the groggy wife why I was gettin the AR from under the bed at 1am.

Dude, you need to work on your ninja skilz! I can go into my bed room, take a crap, flush, wash, unlock the safe, get my M1A and sidearm of choice out, check them both, and shut the door with out waking my wife. No excuses, THIS IS ARFCOM!
Link Posted: 9/2/2007 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, you need to work on your ninja skilz! I can go into my bed room, take a crap, flush, wash, unlock the safe, get my M1A and sidearm of choice out, check them both, and shut the door with out waking my wife. No excuses, THIS IS ARFCOM!

It doesnt count when you drug her before bed time!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2007 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I see what look like nice sausages in the first picture and the next picture has what looks like catfood.

I give it a 2. It would be a 1 but it looks interesting because I've never heard of it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2007 10:10:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How else do I stop her from complaining?
Link Posted: 9/2/2007 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I see what look like nice sausages in the first picture and the next picture has what looks like catfood.

I give it a 2. It would be a 1 but it looks interesting because I've never heard of it.

ETA: Its kinda like the cajun version of corned beef hash.

Best analogy I can come up with.

Meat/rice/spices/herbs in a sausage skin.
Link Posted: 9/2/2007 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ME??

She did that to herself!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2007 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Good stuff, you should try it sometime.
Link Posted: 9/3/2007 8:01:58 AM EDT
[#15]
I've never seen anyone take the boudin  out of the casings like that but
hey, whatever floats yer boat  
Link Posted: 9/3/2007 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I've never seen anyone take the boudin  out of the casings like that but
hey, whatever floats yer boat  

Link Posted: 9/3/2007 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/3/2007 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Yep, it's a little strange out of the casing, but great choice for a snack!

I like it dipped in BBQ sauce every once in a while.
Link Posted: 9/3/2007 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Gotta love the blood sausage.  Soooo good.

That's not blood boudin .
Link Posted: 9/3/2007 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Can't legally sell blood boudin anymore.  Health Department cracked down on that about 30 years ago.

LC
Link Posted: 9/3/2007 10:28:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Yep, it's a little strange out of the casing, but great choice for a snack!

I like it dipped in BBQ sauce every once in a while.

None of the stuff I have had seemed solid enough to keep it on.

Usually we cook it in a rice steamer.

Stay solid better on the grill?
Link Posted: 9/3/2007 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Coonass food is the shit!
Link Posted: 9/3/2007 10:35:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/3/2007 10:20:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I see how it is, you can't wait til I get there to make it.

7/10, but only for lack of side dishes & assorted weaponry.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2007 10:30:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Le Boudin is good stuff.

Good pic!
Link Posted: 9/3/2007 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Le Boudin is good stuff.

Then in this case, looks are completely deceiving.  That shit looks nasty as hell.

Page 2 belongs to me!
Link Posted: 9/3/2007 10:40:59 PM EDT
[#27]
They never could get me to eat that nasty shit Nice rifle though, oh and.....DIET COKE...................COME ON.
Link Posted: 9/3/2007 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Fuck yeah, boudin and Sriracha sauce?!  I'll over look a Diet Coke and no spare mag, knife, etc.  10/10.
That's just good eats right there.
Link Posted: 9/3/2007 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
They never could get me to eat that nasty shit Nice rifle though, oh and.....DIET COKE...................COME ON.

Looks can be decieving.

Shhhhh...I dont drink...

Dont tell anybody

I'm allergic.

Alcohol causes me to break out in handcuffs.
Link Posted: 9/3/2007 10:45:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks can be decieving.

Shhhhh...I dont drink...

Dont tell anybody

I'm allergic.

Alcohol causes me to break out in handcuffs.

Oh don't get me wrong, you didn't have to have an alcoholic beverage. But damn man, get something that tastes like something other than stale ass
Link Posted: 9/3/2007 10:54:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
But damn man, get something that tastes like something other than stale ass

Link Posted: 9/4/2007 5:03:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Louisiana has a lot of interesting foods; Crawfish Fettuccine, Rice Jambalaya, Smothered Pork, Sweet Potato Hotcakes, Chicken & Sausage Gumbo (cup), Eggplant Abbeville, Gateau Sirop, Red Velvet Cake, Shrimp Louella, Singing Crawfish Combo.    
Link Posted: 9/4/2007 5:08:49 AM EDT
[#33]
What will really blow your mind is that you can find a passable boudin at walmart in North Dakota!
Link Posted: 9/4/2007 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Louisiana has a lot of interesting foods; Crawfish Fettuccine, Rice Jambalaya, Smothered Pork, Sweet Potato Hotcakes, Chicken & Sausage Gumbo (cup), Eggplant Abbeville, Gateau Sirop, Red Velvet Cake, Shrimp Louella, Singing Crawfish Combo.    

Its high on my list of places to travel.
Link Posted: 9/4/2007 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Is the picture before you ate (front end digestive cycle) or after (back end)?
Link Posted: 9/4/2007 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#36]
That dont look like no boodan I ever ate, where you get that?

I was practically raised on boudin being born in E. Baker Parrish and all the boudin I had was more white than that there.

I think somebody put brats in the boudin wrapper, it aint right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top