Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2007 1:42:10 AM EDT
Why am I up and posting?  Well, the dog had to get up about an hour ago for "business".  And there was a skunk in the dog run.  And yes, the little boy got a good blast.

Quick thinking with pet deodorizer, a mix of H2O2 and Mountain Fresh Downy and then a warm bath got the dog smelling other than skunk.  But the dog run?

Fuck it, it is outside and I don't care.  50% strength bleach, applied with a pump garden sprayer. EVERYWHERE.  And an assload of incense inside.

Now I am out for blood.  Got the AR loaded with my little headshot specials...a 30 grain HP backed up with 5.5 grains of Blue Dot, good for ~1000 FPS.  Penetrates 4" of hardwood so it should do the trick without waking up the neighbors.
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 1:43:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 1:46:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

get 'em

It is the little bullet in the middle...yeah, I would like to use full power loads (4000 FPS+) but the neighbors might have an issue.
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 1:48:08 AM EDT
[#3]
interesting reduced load, how long did it take for the workup on it?

Must post after actoin report whence dispached, with pics of course
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 1:50:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Hawken 50 will be along soon
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 1:51:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Not only you.

SKUNK JIHAD
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 2:00:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
interesting reduced load, how long did it take for the workup on it?

Must post after actoin report whence dispached, with pics of course

I tried 4.5 grains, only to have the bullet stick in the bore, right after the gas port.  It knocked out easily.  5.5 grains was enough to get the bullet out.

I tried out the load and it is dead on at 25 yards with iron sights.
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 2:04:56 AM EDT
[#7]
How you gonna cook it after you get it?
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 2:11:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How you gonna cook it after you get it?

Tire fire.
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 3:41:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, after the peroxide/baking soda/Mountain Fresh Downy treatment of the dog, he is smelling, well, Downy which is a good thing.

The garden sprayer with bleach seems to have done the trick outside, just a faint smell of bleach.  

But inside?  It STINKS.  I have burned enough incense to get the house warm, I used the remaining bleach on the tile floors, then used the Hoover Floormate to suck that water/bleach up.  I even used the bleach on the bathrooms to where the house is nearly unlivable and my eyes are tearing now like I was cutting onions.

Nothing seems to cut it.  Anyone have an ozone generator?  Last time I went out hunting the bastard and came back in, even before my foot crossed the threshold, immediate skunk.

Yes, I bathed in the H2O2 mix with the dog and changed my clothes.
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 3:46:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Skunks are a pain in the ass.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 3:50:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Keith_J you have the green light.  Commence firing.
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck yeah I am gonna kill a skunk SOON!  I am on stage III of the decon, the little boy got his second bathing and he didn't like this one either.  But he is happier and the weather has warmed to the 70s so he is soaking up some sun.

I looked carefully for the extent of the spray pattern.  Fucking 270 degrees of spray, that little fucker was spraying in nearly a full circle.  The nasty stuff has hardened, making it difficult to remove even with straight bleach but I think I got it all.  Well, the wood lattice is gonna be more difficult.  Might hit it with HTH instead of NaOCl.  Then there is the portion of the yard outside of the chain link dog run.  I will need a boat load of HTH to get that (STB slurry, same stuff for chemical weapon decon...wonder if DRMO has some working surplus decon units...need two tanks, a heater and pump plus ~500 pounds of STB.

I think I found the burrow.  I definitely found where the bastard had dug under the dog run fencing.  Gonna bait with peanut butter in a hardware cloth pouch, wired to the fence.  Got my Remington 24 loaded with standard velocity ammo that has been small game bullet modified (nose shaved to make it a slight flat point).  Open sights, lightweight and 11 quick shots.  The neighbors know there is gonna be a dead skunk, SOON!
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Fuck yeah I am gonna kill a skunk SOON!  I am on stage III of the decon, the little boy got his second bathing and he didn't like this one either.  But he is happier and the weather has warmed to the 70s so he is soaking up some sun.

I looked carefully for the extent of the spray pattern.  Fucking 270 degrees of spray, that little fucker was spraying in nearly a full circle.  The nasty stuff has hardened, making it difficult to remove even with straight bleach but I think I got it all.  Well, the wood lattice is gonna be more difficult.  Might hit it with HTH instead of NaOCl.  Then there is the portion of the yard outside of the chain link dog run.  I will need a boat load of HTH to get that (STB slurry, same stuff for chemical weapon decon...wonder if DRMO has some working surplus decon units...need two tanks, a heater and pump plus ~500 pounds of STB.

I think I found the burrow.  I definitely found where the bastard had dug under the dog run fencing.  Gonna bait with peanut butter in a hardware cloth pouch, wired to the fence.  Got my Remington 24 loaded with standard velocity ammo that has been small game bullet modified (nose shaved to make it a slight flat point).  Open sights, lightweight and 11 quick shots.  The neighbors know there is gonna be a dead skunk, SOON!

Break out the HTH/STB or Sodium Hydroxide, damn brings back memories of TAPP suits, Atropine injectors, and chemical hotlines.
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 1:26:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Break out the HTH/STB or Sodium Hydroxide, damn brings back memories of TAPP suits, Atropine injectors, and chemical hotlines.

Yeah, brings back memories, don't it?  Remenber the pre and post blood samplings for cholinesterase at live bay?  They had use shitting bricks, there was always a shade of doubt the protective suit/filters were working.  We knew from the bananna oil and CS testing of the fit and protection.  We didn't perform these tests after decon from live bay...

Thank goodness skunk spray just stinks and isn't a nerve agent!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top