Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2008 4:04:59 AM EDT
Ok, abortion is protected due to the status of the womans mental health...shouldn't we ban it now because of this?

A British artist, expressing remorse and regret, hanged herself after aborting her twins when she was eight weeks pregnant, London's Sunday Telegraph reported.

"I should never have had an abortion," Emma Beck wrote in a note she left. "I see now I would have been a good mum."

The note continued: "I told everyone I didn't want to do it, even at the hospital. I was frightened, now it is to late. I died when my babies died. I want to be with my babies: they need me, no one else does."

Beck, 30, was found in her home on Feb. 1 and pronounced dead the following day, her 31st birthday.

She terminated the pregnancy after breaking up with her ex-boyfriend, who "reacted badly" to her pregnancy, the Telegraph reported.

Ok...so we have proof that NOT having an abortion would have saved a life..Is there proof yet that having one SAVED a life, from the whole "Mental Health" point of view?

I searched "Hang, Hanged, Abort, Abortion"....I thought we would already have a thread on this...
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:06:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Runs off to get popcorn!
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:10:00 AM EDT
[#2]
IBT"IAWCTMHHUBATCS"C

In Before The "It's A Woman's Choice To Murder Her Helpless Unborn Babies And Then Commit Suicide" Crew

They're my favorite.
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:11:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Right or wrong....it's legal.
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:13:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Wait, so she chose to have an abortion, then hung herself from the pain of having an abortion?

Interesting.
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:13:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm betting she wasn't all there to begin with.
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:14:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Right or wrong....it's legal.

Look at that, we have a winner!
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:19:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Being legal doesn't make something right.
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:21:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I would argue that women have something wrong with them if they think abortion is ok.
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:21:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:24:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That's why I said "Right or wrong".  

So, who is in charge of branding things RIGHT or WRONG?
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:25:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

"I should never have had an abortion," Emma Beck wrote in a note she left. "I see now I would have been a good mum."

I'm a little skeptical.

I think we can safely say she failed by her own hand at that task.
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:29:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:30:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a good friend whose life was destroyed by her decision to have an abortion. She was 23 at the time and that was 21 years ago. Not a single day goes by that she is not tormented by what she did. Professionally she is a success, she never turned to drugs or the bottle, she later married then divorced, her marriage gave her with a daughter whom she loves dearly. She has what many people would envy but every day she grieves for the baby she was too scared to allow to live. She told me once that she believes her soul is dead and she wonders what will happen to her if there is an afterlife. She hopes that there is nothing beyond this world.

I am not making a political or religious statement just an observation of the results of a bad "choice".

Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:31:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

+1
She obviously had other problems as well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:31:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like someone should have been more pro-active and snipped her tubes along with a frontal lobotomy
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:33:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

God is.

And He says murder is wrong.

No other "law" is necessary to make it so.

But not everyone believes in a god.
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:34:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

God is.

Thanks Old, I was going to start into a smartassed answer, about moral ambiguity, and the  "shades" of right or wrong we as a nation are falling into, but I think you summed it up nicely. And I'm not a very religious person.
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:35:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

God is.

"That doesn't matter. He believes in you."

Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:41:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Had a discussion with my gf last night about abortion.  she is very liberal and believes that it is a women's right to have an abortion.

I said "you won't kill a spider because it is a life, you hate hunting because animals get killed but... you have no problem killing an un-born baby?"

That is some fucked up thinking right there.

Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:41:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

God is.

proper arfcom response....then you have no right to live in America, land of the free, and GTFO....

Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:41:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Abortion is wrong - Period.
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:44:33 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I'm a little skeptical.

yup, another example of the gene pool chlorinating itself.

p.s. LOVE how people want to use this as an example of why abortion shouldn't be allowed.   Kind of like using a school shooting to prove guns should be banned.

Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:44:35 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

proper arfcom response....then you have no right to live in America, land of the free, and GTFO....

I hope that is sarcasm.
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:45:35 AM EDT
[#24]
I personally dont believe in abortion, and wouldnt want to deal with the emotional consequences, but I always wonder about women who get pregnant then decide to have an abortion............whatever happened to taking precautions against it happening?    
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 4:47:29 AM EDT
[#25]
this is becoming spam again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top